The Artificer in the Party (G...

By Littletrouble2k

On the way back home after fulfilling a contract with another party The Artificer is ambushed by a group of G... More

The Artificer Bio
Goblin Slayer
The Sky City Pt 1
Sky City Pt 2
Side Story (Sky City)
The Tinkerer
Autumn Festival Pt 1
Autumn Festival Pt.2
Side Story: White Spire
Past
Goblin Crown
Side Story: Silvers
Recruits
The Boys
Wedding Guest PT.1
Mother
Wedding Guest PT.2
Artificer's Skill update & Gear
Wedding Guest PT 3
Side Story: Shop
Wedding Guest Finale
Side Story: After the Wedding
Side Story: The next Phase
The life changing mission

Side Story: Artisan's first invention

122 4 0
By Littletrouble2k

"Thank you come back anytime!" Artisan said to several children who bought several wooden toys and a rubber ball from the shop.

"Thank you pretty lady!" One of the children yelled out as they exited the shop making the Artisan smile.

"Dear Mom, Dad, and Older Brothers, it's been a few days since I left the village in pursuit of the Artificer I wanted as my teacher. I'm glad to say that I've found him and he's just as kind as he was when he last came by the village!

Now it's only been a few days and I haven't really done much instead of help him around the shop, attend to customers, and train at the Training center they had set up for the new Adventurers. There I've learned lots of ways to use the tools I have in the field in a fight for survival, how to navigate caves, how to use a slingshot to throw rocks encase all else fails. I've made several friends here Outside the Artificer, There's this Beautiful High Elf Ranger who is very close to the Artificer, she acts very immature but she has a very kind heart and always looks after the newbies, Next is this Priestess who is about a year older than me she's very pretty as well, her determination to help others instantly pulled me to her she may be a bit shy but she has a lot of knowledge on adventuring and protects her party from anything... The Artificer had told me that he owes her his life for the number of times she has save him. Next is the one's I know my brother's will be jealous of me for meeting the Goblin Slayer himself! He's a bit weird but very intelligent and only has eyes for killing Goblin's... Which I don't blame him after seeing what those pests are capable of. The next ones are Sir Dwarf and Lizard Priest, both are very helpful, strong, and very wise I'm glad to know them.

And Finally my party. The upcoming master Samurai I call Kitty he's a Black Cat Pad-foot very skilled with a sword no matter the size. I meet him when he was sparring with Spearman a silver rank adventurer who's very skilled at close combat... So naturally Kitty lost and funny enough he crashed into me after that fight. Next is Peanut! He's a Loxodon Squire who wants to be a Paladin! He's a tad short for his race but still a giant at seven feet tall! I call him peanut because I stopped him from chocking on a peanut by hitting him in the back with my hammer. He was grateful and Master told me I could've been more subtle about it but hey I saved his life! And he was ok with it. We are currently training before we go on our first quest together. Especially because I want to work on learning more healing magic to support my two fighters. We're all Porcelain rank so I'm excited for our first adventurer together.

And that's pretty much it... Even right now I'm writing this letter waiting for master Artificer to finish with his group because today he had told me we'll be working on something exciting. So I'm working at his shop which helps me learn from his techniques. I pray for your good health everyone and to come visit me here in town whenever you want. Your's truly

Lady Artisan a name given to me by the High Elf and Master Artificer." The Artisan wrote on a piece of paper which she put in an envelope and stamped it with her Letter wax seal that had her Artificer mark on it keeping it to the design the Artificer gave to her.

"Hey Lady Artisan your working her again?" Kitty asked walking into the shop with Peanut behind him who bumped his head on accident.

"Pfft haha you ok peanut?"

"I'm fine... So this is the stuff BronzeHeart sells? They all look incredible. You think you can make armor my size?" Peanut asked admiring on if the armor sets on display.

"I'm sure... But not anything here guys."

"Why not? This sword looks cool and shiny!" The Pad-foot said looking at a short sword that reflected his image.

"Oh you like that sword?"

"Yea how much?"

"Hm... Free."

"Wait seriously?!"
"Artisan are you sure wouldn't you get in trouble?"

"Yep I mean he can't cut anything with it."

"Your joking it's me we're talking about."

"Exactly."

"Ok then I'll cut this wooden dummy."

"By all means dummy!"

"Yaahhhh- huh wh-what HOW?!" The Samurai questioned after the sword bounced off the wooden dummy.

"Everything up here is fake for safety reasons. Master BronzeHeart holds the actual product in a secret room only he and I have access to. The toys other than those wooden ones with rubber balls on those shelves are also fake. Matter of fact he only does magic items here while he helps the guildhall's blacksmith with their product of weapons and armor. Honestly you should see what the other Silver ranks pay for their magic item from BronzeHeart. And he sells them at a discounted rate."

"If he's able to make so much money why is he still an adventurer?" Peanut asked bringing his elephant head a little down to avoid a pipe as he stood next to the Artisan.

"Yea magic items are expensive... But buying the materials, the equipment for infusing, and many other factors take a percentage over his total sales. He himself must spend about Six hundred gold pieces to keep his equipment maintained, and stocked. Not only that he must keep a certain amount of coin on him when casting certain spells... I believe one of them is Revivify."

"You think you'll learn the spells as well?" The Pad-foot asked her leaning on the counter.

"I hope so but it'll take time I know some minor healing spells that'll be good enough for us. Other than thought I have medical supplies I've been learning how to use thanks to Master."

"Right... you think the Artificer would mind us watching?" 

"Depends are you guys here to watch Lady Artisan grow or learn my tricks of the trade?" The Artificer said appearing behind the two young adventurers making them jump a bit.

"N-no sir we only wanted to watch her first lesson!"

"Y-yea that's right!" Both the Loxodon and Pad-foot said standing at attention as the Artificer smiled making his way around the counter.

"I see... Ok I won't mind... I mean I even had a friend watch me work when I was tinkering." The Artificer said thinking back to when he and Noble Fencer were back in Sky City. 

"So master what are we going to do today?"

"Boys can you lock up and meet us in the back?"

"Yes sir!"

"Yes sir!" The two said closing up as the two Artificers went to the back of the Shop where the Artisan saw boxes and barrels of parts, Stones, tools, and other stuff that got the young girl excited showing her gearhead side. 

"OOO what are you going to show me to make?" 

"I want you to show me what your capable of... Here is a core, a rod, and an orb. You can choose only one of these. core for armor or an invention like my generator, rod for a brand new weapon which you'll use that as a base to infuse magic into it and forge whatever you want with it. and finally the orb." The Artificer said taking three cards out of a box on his waist as a water like whirlpool appeared from them showing three constructs a bird like construct that was bronze in color and resembled the design of a owl, The next was an odd looking one as it had four spiked legs and a telescope on it all bronze in color. and Finally a massive Construct that had looked to have been recently worked on by the Artificer as it had more shine to it and looked defensively strong with it's Black Steel body.

"Woah..."

"That is Defendy, My first and strongest Construct. the next one is bird eyes that one scouts areas and delivers long range messages for me. and finally observer that finds rare materials in caves. The orb will absorb some of your magic and part of your soul which won't kill you. Which ever you choose is up to you. I just want to see what you'll make for your first invention." The Artificer said placing the three items on the table in front of the Artisan as she looked at the three brainstorming ideas.

"I know what I want to do... I'm choosing the Core." The Artisan said grabbing the core looking at all the spare parts the Artificer had laid out.

Beep beep

"Oh shut it you I have to restock on oil for your oil bath. Get back into the card!" The Artificer said to his Steel Defender sucking his constructs back into their respective cards.

"What's lady Artisan doing?" Kitty asked as he and Peanut stood next to the Artificer all watching the Half-Elf rummage through parts and materials comically matching that as a dumpster diver.

"This... Eh maybe.... This no... This... Eh nah... Oh Kitty, Peanut can you guys help me look for parts please! Thank you!" The Artisan said diving back into a barrel with her lower half in the air as it hangs out of the barrel while her top half was entirely in the barrel.

"Well I got nothing better to do."
"H-hai... A strange group we are..." The Samurai and Squire said going to help their Half-Elf making the Artificer smile.

Few hours later

"Finally... Part one complete... Let's see if this works." The Artisan said as she had dirt on her face sweat pouring on her taking heavy breaths of excitement as she held up her invention that looked like a backpack but metallic. As she put it on her three companions watched as she put the pack on and a glove that connected to it with several wires reinforced. When she activated it the core she grabbed lit orange as it made a Veering sound as the Artisan twisted her glove at an angle as small vents had opened on its back which the Artificer could see she used several air runestones.

"C'mon c'mon higher... Higher...." The Artisan said as the pack had started to power down letting her down gently.

"Good Job Lady Artisan!"

"But it didn't work all the way..."

"So the concept you used work. Sure it didn't exactly work. You think my inventions worked on the first try? Listen to me you have to do one thing."

"And what's that?"

"Keep moving forward! Work and work and work until you finally get it." The Artificer said patting her head with a smile as she took the pack off.

"Ah... T... T-Thank you master! Huh uh oh..."

"Hm? What's wrong..."

"Hm... I might've made the core a bit unstable..." The Artisan said showing him the pack as the Core was critically red.

"EVERYONE MOVE IT!" The Artificer yelled out taking the pack and running in the opposite direction of them as Peanut used his large body to cover Kitty and Artisan. Until finally they heard an explosion.

"Oh no... Please don't tell me I killed him." The Artisan said with a worried tone looking over Kitty as she lifted herself off him.

"Mmamhh hey!"

"Pffoo... Yep... That hurt..." The Artificer said as he had soot on his entire front.

"Master are you ok?"

"I'm... Fine...  Yea... Keep moving forward... Hehe... This floor looks... Comfortable right... Now." The Artificer said losing balance and consciousness falling on the floor.

"AHHHH! SIR ARTIFICER!"
"AHHHH! MASTER! Oh no Lady Ranger is gonna murder me!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Achoo..."

"Lady Ranger you have a cold?" Goblin Slayer asked as he and their party with Spearman and Witch went into a tunnel made from Goblins to try and attack the training hall.

"I don't know... I'm sure it's nothing... I hope... I wonder how Atry's doing with Lady Artisan."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

742 23 7
A young priestess has formed her first adventuring party, but almost immediately they find themselves in distress. It's the Goblin Slayer and a young...
4 0 2
Ryu Yurijin, a seemingly lowly peasant in the bustling town of Sylavara, harbors a unique and powerful skill: the ability to extract and store the ma...
25.5K 647 13
goblin Slayer is smart when it comes to killing goblins. but what if he was smarter? D&D rules for classes so easier for my brain. Time In the underd...
185K 9.1K 46
แต–หกแต‰แตƒหขแต‰ แถ แต’สณแตโฑแต›แต‰ แตแต‰ แถ แต’สณ สทสฐแตƒแต—แต‰แต›แต‰สณ โฑ แตˆแต’. สทสฐแต‰โฟ โฑ แตˆแต’โฟ'แต— สณแต‰แตแต‰แตแต‡แต‰สณ สธแต’แต˜. -------------------------------- ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ, a forgetful girl manages her way through y...