They Call Me Angel (One Direc...

By savlol101

When 14 year old Angel stops the famous Niall Horan of One Direction from killing himself her life takes a tu... More

They Call Me Angel (One Direction Fanfic)
The Fighter
Trust
Sharing is Caring
Social Worker
Author's Note
Author's Note

Hurt

827 19 6
By savlol101

"The truth is that everyone's going to hurt you, you just have to find the ones worth suffering for."- Bob Marley

Evangeline's P.O.V.

For the whole car ride all I did was sit and stare out the window. Scooby rested his head on my lap, taking up the entire row of seats. Louis was driving and Zayn sat beside him in the passenger seat. On the other side of the van sat Niall, Liam, and Harry. They all tried to start conversations with me but I only shrugged my shoulders.

Before I knew it we were stopped in front of the flat building that I have visited before. The van door slid open and I slowly got out, one hand clutching my ukulele and the other knotted in Scooby's fur. We walked into the building, me making sure to keep my eyes glued to the floor, and made our way into the elevator. As soon as we started going up, horrible elevator music started playing. I sighed internally and looked at the buys, their hair had changed. Liam had a buzz cut, Zayn had a blond highlight, and Louis had something equivalent to a quiff. It looked good on them.

I focused on Harry and saw him staring at me intently. I wasn't sure how to respond so I just raised an eyebrow at him, silently questioning him.

"What does the word on your other wrist mean?" Harry asked, his pretty green eyes soft with concern. I looked to where he was pointing and sighed. I really did not want to explain this right now. I searched my brain looking for something to say but I came up blank. I sighed and decided to just avoid the question.

"Look it up." I mumbled. I returned my gaze to the floor and the rest of the way to the flat was silent. Even Scooby.

"Hey Angel, I know that what you're going through is hard but I just want you to know that we understand." Liam said as we entered the flat. Well that came out of the blue. I wanted to laugh because of what he said.

"Liam, I get that you're trying be nice and understanding, but how can possibly understand what I'm going through? Did your parents beat you and tell you how useless you are? Did they ship off to strange country with no money and no where to live? Did you find trust and friendship in a man you came to think of as your father and have him betray you in every way he possibly could? You have no idea of what I'm going through." I ranted, venom filling my voice. I stared at the floor once I realized that my big mouth had just told them all my feelings, which was not something I'd wanted to do. I finally had the courage to look at them and regret filled me as I saw the hurt on Liam's face.

"I'm sorry. I know you're just trying to help." I apologized and awkwardly walked up to him, stiffly putting my arms around him. He squeezed me and I pulled away, nervously looking at the ground. Someone was going to get mad at me for that, I'm sure.

After a few seconds I thought I was safe but then I saw the hand raising up.

Louis' P.O.V.

I immediately brought my hand back down from the move I made to hug her when I saw her flinch like that. She jerked away from me, her head ducked and her eyes squeezed shut. The poor girl was trembling with fear. God, I can't imagine what made this girl so scared that she flinched at the movement of a hand.

"Er... Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." I apologized awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck. She straightened up a bit and nodded her head slightly. Scooby stood right next to her, as if he were protecting her. Her fingers sought out his neck and she buried her fingers in his fur. Her eyes stayed down, not daring to look any of us in the eye.

"So let's show you to your room." Harry said in an awkward attempt to end the silence.

"Okay..." Angel murmured, eyes still glued to the floor. We led her down the hallway to the room with her name painted on the door. What if she didn't like her room? What if it was so horrible she cried? Thousands of worries ran through my head as I reached for the doorknob to show her the room. The boys all awkwardly tumbled through the door, not sure who to let go first. Angel gracefully followed behind them and all my fears were crushed as I saw her face transform with wonder. Her mouth circled into an " o " and her pretty blue eyes sparkled with delight. Scooby ran past her and circled around the room before plopping down by the bed, as if he approved. I had to admit, we did pretty good with this. The color theme was orange. The walls were a light creamy orange while the duvet was white with orange swirls and was topped with pillows of all different shades of orange. She had an off white desk in one corner and a tall bookshelf full of books picked out by ourselves in the other. She had a medium sized closet that as of right now was empty. She gently set her backpack and ukulele down and ran her fingers across her bed.

"I've never had one of these before." She said her voice full of awe. I was confused and then realized what she meant.

"You're own room?" I tried to clarify. She shook her head. Okay, now I was really confused.

"A bed." Oh gosh that poor girl. Everyone looked really sad now so I knew that it was time for superman to save the day.

"Let's make pancakes!" I suddenly yelled. Everyone gave me a weird look.

"Pancakes? For dinner?" Zayn asked with his eyebrow raised.

"Duh! Where have you been? Pancakes for breakfast is so last year!" I said in a snobbish voice and pretended to flip my hair. Angel burst out laughing and I felt like I'd won the lottery.

Angel's P.O.V.

*Midnight*

The sound of crying woke me up. Well, not really woke me up, I was awake anyways but the crying had caught my attention. When I got out of bed, Scooby looked at me with his ears perked but I signaled him to lay down.

I slowly crept down the hallway to the room next to mine, where the crying was coming from. On the door, the name Harry was painted on it. Why was Harry crying?

I opened the door to find Harry on his bed with a laptop in front of him tears streaming down his face. It broke my heart to see the sweet Cheshire boy crying. Well, actually it broke my heart to see anyone crying but this affected me more as Harry had been so nice to me during dinner. Already I'd learned that Harry was made out to be the player in the group but in reality he was a sweet boy, cheeky, but sweet all the same.

Harry's head snapped up when I entered the room, frantically wiping his face to rid it of any traitorous tears.  " Oh hey Angel, did I wake you up?  Oh gosh I'm sorry, I'm such a an idiot, what kind of person am I, waking people up in the middle of the night?"  Harry kept rambling on trying to distract me from the fact that I saw him crying.

"  I wasn't asleep Harry and don't think you can distract me so easily." I said as I walked over to his bed and turned the laptop to face me.  What I saw filled me with rage.  On his screen were things like:

Harry Styles should go die in a hole!

Harry Styles is an untalented fag!

If I sang as bad as Harry Styles, I would kill myself!

I glanced over the laptop at Harry and his eyes were avoiding mine, almost shamefully.

"  Harry, do you actually believe this rubbish?"  I asked incredulously.  He just nodded his head.  I sighed in exasperation.

"  Harry, who are you?"  I asked him.  He gave me a confused look.

"  Harry Styles..."  He answered cautiously as if it were a trick question.

"  Harry Styles, what do you do for a living?"

"  I sing in One Direction."

"  So, Harry Styles of internationally famous boy band One Direction, do you know who these people are?"  I asked referring to the people who made these comments.

"  ...No?..."

"  These people are nobodies who are so insanely jealous of your pure talent their life goal is to try and make you feel bad about yourself.  Even though they know that none of this garbage is true, they feel so disappointed in their own noticeable lack of talent that they just can't help but try and drag you down with them."  I told him, meaning every word of it.  Harry wrapped me up in a hug that I stiffly returned, still not used to friendly contact.  With tears still running down his face, he layed his head down in my lap and I rubbed his back soothingly.  I let out a low whistle that somewhat resembled a dove's call.  On command, Scooby trotted into the room with my ukulele gingerly held in his mouth.  He placed it on the bed and went back to my room.  Harry watched me curiously as I strummed it gently and began to sing softly;

You, with your words like knives

And swords and weapons that you use against me

You have knocked me off my feet again

Got me feeling like I'm nothing

You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard

Calling me out when I'm wounded

You picking on the weaker man

You can take me down with just one single blow

But you don't know, what you don't know...

Someday I'll be living in a big ol' city

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Why you gotta be so mean?

You, with your switching sides

And your wildfire lies and your humiliation

You have pointed out my flaws again

As if I don't already see them

I walk with my head down

Trying to block you out 'cause I'll never impress you

I just wanna feel okay again

I bet you got pushed around

Somebody made you cold

But the cycle ends right now

'Cause you can't lead me down that road

And you don't know, what you don't know...

Someday I'll be living in a big ol' city

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Why you gotta be so mean?

And I can see you years from now in a bar

Talking over a football game

With that same big loud opinion

But nobody's listening

Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things

Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing

But all you are is mean

All you are is mean

And a liar, and pathetic, and alone in life

And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean

But someday I'll be living in a big ol' city

And all you're ever gonna be is mean, yeah

Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Why you gotta be so?..

Someday I'll be living in a big ol' city (Why you gotta be so?..)

And all you're ever gonna be is mean (Why you gotta be so?..)

Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me (Why you gotta be so?..)

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Why you gotta be so mean?

"  All they are is mean Harry."  I whispered.  He looked at me in awe.

"  Thank you Angel, you have an incredible voice once again and you play very well.  By the way, you said you were already awake, why?"  Harry asked, genuine curiosity filling his voice.  I thought about lying but decided against it after all he had just cried in front of me.

"  I have nightmares if I fall asleep and I'm not completly exhausted."  I said quietly.  Harry looked at me sadly and I looked away, not wanting to see the pity in his eyes.  Harry sighed and played with my wrists, fascinated with my tattoos.  I'd noticed that Harry had quite a few himself.  He soon focused on the wrist with the Latin word on it.  I readied myself for the question I knew was coming.

"  What does "nequam" mean?"  He looked me in the eyes, pleading for an answer.

"  It's Latin for worthless."  I replied in a flat voice.  Harry gasped and looked at me with wide eyes.

"  Why would you get that tattooed on yourself?!?!"  He asked shocked.

"  I didn't."  That shut him up.  I continued rubbing his back and told him to go to sleep.  He did eventually and I stayed by him the whole night.  I realized something though, I was already trusting these boys even tough they would surely hurt me something bad.  I just hoped they were worth it.

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N- Okay, once again, sorry for the long wait, I can give you a list of reasons but you probably don't want to hear them.  The song in this chapter Mean by the lovely Taylor Swift.  Also, this chapter is dedicated to lovebeforehate.  I don't know if any of you have read her stories, Touched or Distracted, but they are both abjdkewbwf amazing, read them.

Comment

- Savannah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.6K 3.3K 27
What happens when someone is diagnosed with cancer? They want to live the rest of their life to the fullest, right? Wrong. Niall Horan is a 18 year...
450K 17.8K 52
[NOT EDITED.] !!!DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was young and didn't fully grasp the concept of writing. The books get progressively better as time...
31K 951 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...
36.6K 1K 26
Amy is a regular 20 year old girl. She works in a library, lives with her two best friends, and has a loving family. She has a secret love of singing...