𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅𝐈𝐒𝐇 | 𝐀. 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃...

By peachyhxlland

┍━━━━━━━┑ ⠀ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ┕━━━━━━━┙ ❝ 𝐈'𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐨𝐧... More

𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗙𝗜𝗦𝗛
𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗧
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦
➛⠀𝟬𝟭 | 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗞𝗜𝗗
➛⠀𝟬𝟮 | 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗖𝗢𝗠 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟
➛⠀𝟬𝟯 | 𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗧 𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗚𝗘𝗪𝗔𝗬
➛⠀𝟬𝟰 | 𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗧 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚
➛⠀𝟬𝟱 | 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗪𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥
➛⠀𝟬𝟲 | 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗖𝗛 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚
➛⠀𝟬𝟳 | 𝗔 𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥
➛⠀𝟬𝟴 | 𝗔𝗗𝗠𝗜𝗧 𝗜𝗧 𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗢𝗧
➛⠀𝟬𝟵 | 𝗨𝗡𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗗 𝗗𝗢𝗢𝗥
➛⠀𝟭𝟬 | 𝗟𝗜𝗕𝗥𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗞
➛⠀𝟭𝟭 | 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗢𝗦𝗔𝗨𝗥
➛⠀𝟭𝟮 | 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗫
➛⠀𝟭𝟯 | 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗣𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗦
➛⠀𝟭𝟰 | 𝗧𝗪𝗢 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗞𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦
➛⠀𝟭𝟱 | 𝗡𝗢𝗜𝗦𝗬 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗗
➛⠀𝟭𝟲 | 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗞𝗘𝗡 𝗡𝗘𝗖𝗞𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗘
➛⠀𝟭𝟴 | 𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦
➛⠀𝟭𝟵 | 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗔𝗟𝗔
➛⠀𝟮𝟬 | 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗠
➛⠀𝟮𝟭 | 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗙𝗨𝗟 𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗔
➛⠀𝟮𝟮 | 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗥𝗬𝗣𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗘𝗦
➛⠀𝟮𝟯 | 𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗜𝗧𝗬
➛⠀𝟮𝟰 | 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗦
➛⠀𝟮𝟱 | 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗦𝗘
➛⠀𝟮𝟲 | 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗦
➛⠀𝟮𝟳 | 𝗔𝗣𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗬
➛⠀𝟮𝟴 | 𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬𝗘𝗗
➛⠀𝟮𝟵 | 𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗧𝗦
➛⠀𝟯𝟬 | 𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗖𝗘
➛⠀𝟯𝟭 | 𝗔𝗠𝗬'𝗦 𝗣𝗛𝗢𝗡𝗘
➛⠀𝟯𝟮 | 𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗣𝗜𝗧𝗬
➛⠀𝟯𝟯 | 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘
➛⠀𝟯𝟰 | 𝗔𝗗𝗨𝗟𝗧𝗦 𝗩𝗦 𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡𝗦
➛⠀𝟯𝟱 | 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗢𝗢𝗗𝗦
➛⠀𝟯𝟲 | 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗧
➛⠀𝟯𝟳 | 𝗕𝗬𝗘-𝗕𝗬𝗘 𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗢
➛⠀𝟯𝟴 | 𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗢 𝗩𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗡
➛⠀𝟯𝟵 | 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗨𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗞𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗔
➛⠀𝟰𝟬 | 𝗙𝗥𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗗

➛⠀𝟭𝟳 | 𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘 𝗠𝗘𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦

641 28 40
By peachyhxlland

"You're from Sokovia?" Molly gasped in surprise.

You nodded. "Born and raised until I was forced to be evacuated from the country."

Molly had returned to keep a close watch on you because she assumed you were still sleeping, but when Nico informed her that you were awake, she spared no time getting to you, despite Alex being still present. Nico was also in the room, clutching your adoption papers.

"She's right," Nico stated as she read your information on the papers. "Born on 2001, parents are deceased, but was first adopted by two twins as their younger sister." Nico looked at you. "You were... (Y/n) Maximoff."

"Maximoff." You whispered before sipping your coffee. "Now, that is a name I haven't heard in a long time."

Molly excitingly squealed. "I want to know more about you!"

"Wait, hold on." Alex stopped Molly from squealing louder and turned to look at you. "How did you get those powers? Can I ever see them? Is Sokovia full of people with magical abilities or...?"

You chuckled and flicked your fingers to cast a small illusion of Luke Skywalker, much to Alex's amusement. "Nope, Sokovia isn't full of people with powers or magical abilities." You quickly turned off your illusion before it could dampen your energy even more. "I was experimented with the other volunteers by HYDRA, except I wasn't a volunteer. We were test subjects under the orders of Baron Strucker."

"HYDRA?" Alex questioned. "Isn't that what Captain America—"

"Yeah." You interrupted him. "It wasn't really a choice. I have no one, and since I was a kid, I was forced to join an anti-freedom terrorist organization. They kidnapped me, and that's where I met my adoptive siblings."

"But that still doesn't explain the necklace, (Y/n)." Nico insisted as she took the necklace from your bedside drawer. "Maybe this is magical? Do you remember getting this?"

You winced when the pain throbbed your head, causing Nico and Alex to come beside you while Molly stood beside your legs. "I'm fine." You reassured. "I guess my memories aren't fully completed yet. It'll slowly come, I'm sure of it."

Nico sighed and sat down beside you, taking your hands to hers. "You've been through hell, (Y/n). I'm sorry for not being beside you sooner. I should've—"

"Nico, it's fine." You reassured and placed your hand on top of hers. "Really. Even I didn't remember I was raised in a war zone country. But my guess to that necklace..." You looked down at the necklace that was in Nico's hands. "...it kept me from remembering those awful memories. It didn't really work, though."

"It didn't?" Molly asked.

"Well, I can still see glimpses of my past through my dreams—well, nightmares. Bombs, guns, fire, and blood."

"Was there something else to the necklace you found out?" Alex asked out of curiosity.

You stared at the necklace with a serious expression, attempting to recall what happened the night you fell unconscious. 'Was the different voice in my head part of the necklace?' You sighed, not wanting to talk to yourself in your head anymore after what happened. Suddenly, you remembered the red energy entering your body and turning blue. "Well..."

Alex, Nico, and Molly eagerly waited, but you decided not to tell them. 'It's probably nothing.' You shook your head. "No, nothing I can recall of."

Alex looked at his phone and gasped. "Shit, I forgot we're supposed to meet at the Timely Coffee."

You looked at him in fear, remembering the voice's words in your head. 'No, not again...' You quickly looked away and stared down at your hands, balling into fists. 'They never invite me to their secret meetings because they never think about me in the first place.'

'Because you happened to be in the same place as well. It's always unintentional.' You recalled the voice's words.

Nico held your hands, alarmed that you were panicking. "Hey, hey. We'll just discuss what to do about the gala tonight."

"Gala..." Your eyes enlarged. "It's tonight? Sh-Should I go? I mean, I should, right?"

Alex shook his head. "The doctor said you should rest. We can't let you go to the party like this."

"I'm fine." You argued, fearing feeling abandoned again. "I promise..."

Alex started at your begging eyes as your grasped Nico's hand for comfort. And for just one moment, seeing your pleading big doe eyes, Alex's heart skipped a beat. Alex softly gulped. "Fine. But we're keeping an eye on you."

"Alex!" Nico scolded. "She can't go. I don't want her to tire herself because of the party and the plan."

You gently tugged Nico's arm to get her attention. It worked since Nico looked at you, her eyes filling with concern. "I'll be fine, I promise."

Nico stared at you for a moment, debating if she should agree or not. She sighed in defeat. "Okay. But you're not coming to Timely Coffee today. We'll video call you. We don't want you feeling left out."

In astonishment, your eyes blinked twice. It was as if she could read your mind and sense your emotions. Molly excitedly clapped her hands and quietly plotted what she would wear to the banquet with you. You drew Nico into a tight hug, pressing your cheek against her shoulder. Nico froze in surprise and looked at Alex, who greeted her with a kind smile. Nico returned your hug with a smile.

Nico misses Amy tremendously and will stop at nothing to learn the truth about her older sister's death. But she promised to remember that she is your older sister and will protect you from harm.

Alex, Nico, and Molly left the house to go to the café, where Gert, Chase, and Karoline were waiting. Nico started calling you, and you opened your tablet to see her. You and Nico gave each other a small wave, which Alex found amusing and adorable, before Nico faced her phone to everyone so that you could see them. "So, what's the plan?" Gert asked.

"Yeah, Alex?" Molly asked eagerly.

"Why does everyone assume Alex has a plan?" Chase complained. "Someone else might have a plan."

Alex shrugged. "Great. Let's hear it." He turned his head to Chase, and Chase looked back at him in surprise. "O-Oh, I just meant hypothetically."

You broke into a smile, which Alex caught, causing him to chuckle.

"Guys, all I meant is are we carpooling or going separately, and how dressed up is everyone gonna get?" Gert asked.

"Oh, uh, suit, no tie," Chase replied.

"Oh, so that you have a plan for." Alex rolled his eyes with a smile. You quietly chuckled, and Alex couldn't get enough of it. For some reason, after knowing you were sick, Alex was just as worried as Nico. He didn't know why since he barely knew you.

But when he saw your eyes and smile, Alex became more confused with his feelings towards you.

"Also, my parents are okay footing the bill for a limo," Chase added, unknowingly breaking Alex out of his train of thoughts.

"Mine, too." Karolina nodded.

"Yeah, my parents have been really nice these days," Alex expressed.

"Guys, we cannot have the carbon footprint of a fleet of limos." Gert pointed out.

"Nico, I could pick you up if you wanted to go together." You chewed your inner cheek after hearing Alex's recommendation to Nico. You leaned your back against your pillow, remembering you don't even have a date. 'Oh, fuck dates.' You huffed.

"Karolina, I practically go right past your house." Chase smiled at the blonde girl. Karolina slowly nodded, not really on board with being picked up by her friend, and glanced at Nico, who glanced at her back.

"Some of us are too young to date," Molly notified everyone.

"Dating is so heteronormative," Gert stated. "One limo, five stops."

Alex nodded in agreement, not knowing that Nico was beginning to have doubts about the plan and their parents. After her short training with Tina earlier in the morning using the magic staff, she felt closure to her mother. Nico became reluctant.

"Okay, so we figured out the transportation situation," Alex announced. Everybody cool what happens once we get there?"

"Once that video is out, there's no going back," Chase informed. "Our parents will be put away forever."

"And that's a bad thing?" Karolina asked incredulously.

"No, but don't you have questions?" You heard Molly ask.

"Maybe we should try talking to them," Nico proposed. "You know, one last time."

Alex shook his head. "I don't know. I think the time for talking is over." He told Nico. "But everybody's gotta be in. I know I am." He held his hand out, and Karolina immediately joined. Gert placed her hand on top of Karolina along with Molly. Nico hesitated but put her hand in as well, earning a loving smile from Karolina. Alex smiled at you as you watched them do their thing. "You in, Sitcom?"

You playfully rolled your eyes. "I would put my hand there but, yeah, sure."

"That's my girl." Alex grinned. You froze after hearing Alex's comment, and Nico seemed unbothered. 'His... what?' You tried to act cool, but you secretly wanted to scream in your pillow.

"Chase put your hand in." Molly scolded.

"Sorry, I didn't realize putting my hand in a pile was some kind of legally binding contract," Chase replied.

"It's symbolic," Alex clarified.

Chase sighed. "Yeah, well, of course, I'm in." He placed his hand on top of the other hands. "Who hates their dad more than me?"

The group stayed silent for a moment until Gert spoke up. "So, how long do we have to do this?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 2.9K 54
The oldest tale in time is that as a teenager one's biggest worries are acne, fitting in, anxiety, and high school. What is not supposed to be a teen...
5.7K 60 16
A story about 2 childhood bestfriends who have finally decided to become lovers instead of the friends they have been this whole time. Y/n = Your na...
28.3K 656 37
COMPLETE ~~~~~ "𝙸𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎. 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 �...
20.5K 232 14
𝚈𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚇 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗...