Always For You. [Snape Romanc...

By MaralinaSakura

Four students have disappeared from Hogwarts without a trace to be found. When Cassandra is sent to investiga... More

Arc 1: Immaterial Bonds Chapter 1: Floating Ashore
Arc 1: Chapter 2: A Sandy Seabed
Arc 1: Chapter 3: Deep Drowning
Arc 1: Chapter 4: Seashells Have Secrets Too
Arc 1: Chapter 5: Icy Waves
Arc 1: Chapter 6: Stars Above The Sea
Arc 1: Chapter 7: Skipping Stones
Arc 1: Chapter 8: Conches Scatter
Arc 1: Chapter 9: Sleeping Snow
Arc 1: Chapter 10: Grains of Sand
Arc 1: Chapter 11: A Sweet Dream
Progression Plan: Arc 2
Arc 2: Delusional Reverie: Chapter 1: Remembrance
Arc 2: Chapter 2: Memories
Arc 2: Chapter 3: Resurgence
Arc 2: Chapter 4: Waltz
Arc 2: Chapter 5: Admiration
Arc 2: Chapter 6: Reality
Arc 2: Chapter 7: Arifica
Arc 2: Chapter 8: Calamity
Arc 2: Chapter 9: Perseverance
Arc 2: Chapter 10: Clarity
Progression Plan: Arc 3
Arc 3: Chapter 2: Right As One
Arc 3: Chapter 3: Heroes They Are
Arc 3: Chapter 4: Futurebearing Clandestine Canopies
Arc 3: Chapter 5: Love, Time, Prophecies
Arc 3: Chapter 6: Invading Our Senses
Arc 3: Chapter 7: Resolution On High
Arc 3: Chapter 8: What Are Sacrifices
Arc 3: Chapter 9: What Hearts Wish
Arc 3: Chapter 10: Her Intentions Are...
Arc 3: Chapter 11: Meeting You Here
Arc 3: Chapter 12: The Tales Coming
Epilogue
Artist Gallery #1

Arc 3: Enraptured Revelation: Chapter 1: Far From Me

11 2 0
By MaralinaSakura

Arc 3: Enraptured Revelation
Chapter 1: Far From Me, I Found It

Summertime

The erasure of Ruberion Hollander bestowed peace to Hogwarts once more. Despite how many distractions there were, every student due to sit their OWLs and NEWTs did so without fail. Well, it would be without fail... minus the one unfortunate encounter with a stinkbomb that exploded in the Great Hall and everyone had to be evacuated. I had never smelt such a revolting smell before... it offended all of my senses. 

During the whole ordeal, I did think of Jessica Marin. If she were still alive, she would have been sitting there, surely scribbling her quill away after she memorised every textbook available. Would Genny Roberts have figured out a way to take NEWT-level Potions? I wish I had the answer to that...

However, as everything must come to an end, at the end of June, the Hogwarts Express took all students back to London for the summer holidays. It was then that I realised I had to face a difficult reality I had set myself into:

I had never moved out of my father's house.

All my belongings were still there. We hadn't spoken to each other since our fight at the Ministry and I certainly did not want to do so with bad feelings having time to linger in the summer heat. Plus, with no longer making a large living, it would be impractical for me to buy my own house. There was only one reasonable solution: to live with Severus.

Funnily enough, it was Severus himself who suggested the idea. I think after our confession and the events of Ruberion, he didn't want me to be anywhere out of his sight. It was comforting how much he cared. He did always give me my freedom and privacy when it was necessary so it wasn't intimidating in the slightest.

The Snape family home was settled in a town named Cokeworth, specifically on the street named Spinner's End. Every house looks virtually the same with a dilapidated and negligent outside. Many of the homes were deserted with broken windows and several of the streetlamps were broken. Not to mention the river nearby was stained an unpleasant brown. Going from the Fudge house to this made me uneasy, to say the least. 

Severus's own house left a lot to be desired. Like many of the other homes, it was small in size despite being two storeys high. The main room consisted of a small sitting area, barely big enough to host a party of a few people. Every wall was decorated with book after book and only a small sofa, armchair and table sat there. Dust coated every surface which was understandable considering he only lived here during the summer. 

To the back of the room sat an open kitchen. Only one person could be in there at the time lest the second person is directly next to the first. The bedroom, to which the door was essentially hidden behind one of the bookcases, was petit in size too. There was barely enough room for the bed itself and Severus's normal items. 

When I first saw the sight, I was certain I was going to go insane. There was absolutely no chance that I was going to be comfortable here. The outdoors was dangerous, the indoors was suffocating and yet... it somehow began to feel like home with Severus there. 

Despite my initial apprehensiveness, every day managed to be different and I give credit to Severus for that. He must have recognised my anxiety and hesitation and decided to do all he could to accommodate for that. We would often go out for walks to the nicer areas of Cokeworth and apparate to London for travels. Our shopping trips were a pleasure too. Oftentimes, we would pick out a book to read and spend the nights by the fireplace together reading. 

Plus, with having to replace my belongings, Severus gave me free rein to personalise and replace some items and furniture. He wasn't very interested in keeping much of it; considering he was only here for a few months a year, it was no surprise. After a few weeks, the house was free of built-up dust and cobwebs and much of the furniture that was falling apart was changed with new and more modern pieces. It finally became a place of comfort and solace. 

August 12th

Today was a day much like every other... except it wasn't. Not at all. In fact, it was one special day, indeed... 

My birthday.

Of course, my luck had to be against me. Rain was cascading down the windows and making faint pounding sounds come through the roof. Even during the summer, Britain did everything it could to be a rainforest. 

To distract myself from the depressing (yet ironically relaxing) outside, I curled up on the sofa in the living room and began to read one of the books I had purchased recently. Though perhaps an author more designated for children, the adventures of Gilderoy Lockhart had captivated me. They were so fantabulous that they really captured away the imagination of the reader. Today's expedition I had to give it to Break With a Banshee which detailed Lockhart's incredible encounter with the Bandon Banshee. I was so absorbed that I hardly acknowledged Severus wandering into the room.

"No way, he did not!" I exclaimed as I read part of the page. My heart leapt as Lockhart prepared to banish the foul creature.

"He likely did not, you are correct." Severus said as he sat in his usual chair. 

"Eh? How do you know that?" I asked as he took me out of my fantasy. 

"I had the displeasure of being four years above him when we attended Hogwarts. He was obsessed with his image. Still is, judging by the book." he sighed and indicated towards it. 

"A lot of it does seem too... much to be true sometimes. I read for the interesting parts of it anyway. It's the writing I like more than the story." I explained happily. "Maybe the world would be interested in hearing about The Hound of Dreams." 

Severus paused to think. "That may be a story best kept to ourselves." he replied. He was right. Much of it was personal, plus I don't think Severus cares at all for the spotlight. 

Then, he began to reach around the back of the seat for something. Soon in his hands appeared a nicely wrapped rectangular object that fitted well in his grip. He stood up and handed it to me.

"Happy birthday." he said. Much like Christmas, Severus was definitely not a celebration person. This was likely the first time he had had to get a gift for anyone in a very long time so I appreciated the effort he applied.

"So you did remember! I'm surprised considering you forgot to tell me it was your birthday in January." I remarked teasingly as I opened the wrapping carefully to preserve what was inside.

Revealing the contents showed a small brown book titled "The Official Guide to the Quidditch World Cup". The blurb spoke about the inside containing the rules and history of the World Cup and the necessities to know and niche facts. 

"No way..." I muttered in shock. How did he know I had wanted this book for ages!?

"Open it." he gently prompted.

Raising an eyebrow, I followed his command. Within the cover sat two small tickets. Carefully picking them up, I realised exactly what they were. 

"YOU GOT US TICKETS TO THE WORLD CUP!?" I screamed, leapt up and wrapped my arms around him as tightly as I could. "How the hell did you get these!?"

"Dumbledore owes me a favour. Did you read the full thing?" he observed.

Looking down at the print more, I could see an additional print that made my breathing come to a halt. 

Includes a personal interview with Team Germany Seeker, Patricia Evergreen!

"You didn't. You did not. Oh my God, oh my-" I could barely get my words out in my spluttering state.

Ever since I finally had the time to myself to keep up with the World Cup and international teams, Patricia Evergreen had captivated me. Despite her surname, she sported bright red hair that gave her the nickname of Scarlet Stream on the pitch. She was incredible and now... I'd finally be able to meet her. 

"Don't faint now." Severus warned. "We leave tomorrow so you best be prepared."

I squealed in glee and began to rush upstairs before forgetting that I hadn't thanked him. I dashed back down, kissed him, hurried a "thank you!" and went back up the stairs to pack.

*****

To say I didn't sleep at all would be an understatement. Poor Severus had to deal with me being so excited all night that I was almost literally vibrating. When the time came to leave the house, I could scarcely believe it was happening. I get to see the Germany versus Portgual final and meet my Quidditch idol in person... I hope I don't throw up. 

This World Cup, the arena had been built on a deserted island in the middle of the ocean. The Ministry had set up Portkeys in designated areas for spectators to use to travel there. For us and any nearby watchers, we had been assigned to arrive through an old coat that had been thrown behind a flowering bush in the park. Certainly not the most special entrance but such methods had to be taken to prevent Muggles from accidentally wandering in. 

The moment we arrived through the Portkey, the sounds of music, fireworks and cheering infiltrated our ears. The energy was so intense that it was almost crushing but my heart wanted even more. A pitch several times bigger than the one at Hogwarts loomed over the horizon with hundreds, if not thousands, of tents pitched up in the surrounding area. 

As with all Quidditch games, the game could not end until the Golden Snitch was caught, meaning that games could last for days at a time if the conditions were right. With that in mind, we found a small patch of free space and set up our tent. Wizard tents were always remarkable with taking very little physical space externally but the internal side was much grander. As we were setting up, I could feel Severus's hesitancy to be camping out but he wished to do something to make me happy and he stuck to it. 

"It's still a few hours until the match begins, it seems." I remarked as I checked the time while we relaxed inside the tent. Compared to most, it was relatively confined with only a small centre area and an extended part for our sleeping quarter but it was more than enough for us. "Maybe we should go out and see what's around?"

"As long as you are careful. I imagine it is ripe for pickpockets in this commotion." Severus replied. We got up and reemerged from our sanctuary and were once more confronted by the sound and crowd.

For a time, we walked around and saw many of the sights. Many people painted their faces and bodies with the colours of the team flags or were casting spells to the sky to display their support. Some of the children even had miniature moving figures of some of the players. The most obvious of them all had to be Evergreen with her striking red hair that could be spotted from miles away. 

Naturally, I began to spend a hefty amount of money on merchandise. Within minutes, I had bought a ton of posters, banners and badges to show my support for Team Germany and Evergreen. Does this make me a fanatic now? How on Earth did I go from being a strict, arrogant Ministry worker to an obsessive Quidditch fan? Speaking of the Ministry...

"Is that Cassandra Fudge I dare see!?" an energetic male voice cried out over the crowd. People looked towards where it came from and parted the sea to make way for this person to come towards us.

"Ludo Bagman, of course it's you!" I replied happily as the tall blond man shook my hand strongly.  "Though I got to warn you, it really is Juniper now." 

His bright blue eyes looked in shock but soon came to the realisation of what must have happened. "I was wondering why I hadn't seen you at work in a while. I tried to send you some of the ridiculous notions the department had been sent but Umbridge wouldn't let me go near your office!" he complained rather loudly. 

Ludovic Bagman, bless him, is the Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports. As the name suggests, it regulates all of the sports in the wizarding world and helped set up the World Cup. One of the divisions was the Ludicrous Patents Office and he would occasionally slip in some of the worst offenders for me to see. It was probably thanks to him that I didn't go insane when I originally worked at the Ministry. Though, for how little we got to see of each other, I couldn't call him my friend but more of a close acquaintance. 

"I've been working at Hogwarts since I left, I'm sorry for not telling you." I laughed awkwardly as he pouted. He wasn't the smartest man and he wore his heart on his sleeve so I couldn't help but feel somewhat bad for him. Unfortunately, that also led him to be manipulated and pulled into some rather daft situations, such as his hefty gambling addiction.

"Juniper, do you mind?" he spoke in hushed tones as if he didn't want Severus to hear. "Do you have a couple of Galleons you could loan me?" 

Suddenly, Severus came and intercepted for he had definitely overheard him. "I do not believe we have been introduced." he interrupted. 

"Ludovic Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports, ex-Beater for the English National Quidditch team." He went to try to shake Severus's hand but Severus pulled away last moment. 

"Charmed." he replied snarkily. 

"Come on, Severus, don't be like that." I complained. "This is Severus Snape, my partner." I introduced for him since I had no expectation of him doing it himself. 

"You've gone and gotten yourself a boyfriend now, eh?" Ludo exclaimed still too loudly. More people looked towards us and I felt myself internally cringing at the attention. "Happy for you, though I admit I would have liked to have taken you out for a Butterbear if your dad wouldn't be breathing down my neck."

Severus did not like that confession one bit. I need to diffuse this tension before it explodes...

"So why do you need more Galleons anyway? Are you gambling again?" I interrogated, my eyes thin with suspicion.

"Hear me out on this one. I made a bet that Portgual is going to win and this payout will be incredible. I'm giving you the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join the pool." he proclaimed with full confidence and not a piece of him doubted his grand scheme.

"I've heard of your bets not going to plan quite often, Ludo. Plus, we all know Germany is going to win with Evergreen on the team as Seeker." I crossed my arms and informed him as such. 

"You'll regret not pooling in, Juniper. Everyone will know I'm a much more reliable source than even the Amulet of Ylgind!" 

"What's that?" I asked curiously. 

"You don't know of it? It's every gambler's- I mean better's- dream to own. You get the whole thing and it'll answer any question you want with absolute certainty. That's what the legend says."

A faint memory from months back drifted to the front of my mind...

"What would it take for you to forgive him?"

"I don't know. I'm not sure I ever could. I suppose an apology would be a start but... I don't think he would mean it."

"Most likely not. That man is hiding a deep secret, I am certain." he responded.

Would the amulet tell me what Fudge is hiding? Does it even matter when I haven't seen him in such a long time?

But Ruberion never lied to me. He could be wrong but he didn't lie. 

Severus placed a hand on my shoulder. "Are you feeling alright?" he asked with concern.

"Yeah, you've gone all pale. Thought you were going to pass out or something." Ludo fretted.

"I'm fine, sorry." I apologised sincerely. I shouldn't be thinking these sorts of thoughts; not today.

A loud voice that was being spoken over the whole of the field rung out from above. "Spectators of the Quidditch World Cup, the arena is now prepared. Please make yourself orderly to your seats and the match will begin promptly."

This is my time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 70 17
22-year-old Nova Vinch, a former Durmstrang student, is Hogwarts' new professor and tutor in Slytherin House. However, her arrival is deeply unwante...
47.6K 2.2K 74
Amilia Hubbard returns to Hogwarts! Harry Potter has begun his schooling! So not only does Severus Snape have to deal with the young wizard but he al...
208K 5.7K 15
SS x reader ~ If you don't like it, don't read it!!! A small attraction, a dangerous offer, a realization, an accidental bond, and a journey thro...
30.7K 1K 20
[Book 1] Cassiopeia Moore just lost her mother. At the age of fifteen, she is almost completely alone in the world, and just wants to find her father...