LOVE IN MACEDONIA

By JadieteChaser

_____________________________________ Athena Margaux Palema is a book worm. She often escapes reality through... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 01
CHAPTER 02
CHAPTER 03
CHAPTER 04
CHAPTER 05
CHAPTER 06
CHAPTER 07
CHAPTER 08
CHAPTER 09
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33

CHAPTER 27

208 10 2
By JadieteChaser

"When are you going?" I asked as i watch Hephaestion sharpen his sword. We are in the camp where soldiers, each preparing their armours, are passing by all ready for war.

I'm scared, i know he won't die but the injuries he might take.. no..

"Before dawn." He said and raised his sword up. The metal of the sword reflected the glorious beauty of the rising sun.

Ahh tomorrow. So little time left for us.

"How about us? What about me? You're leaving me?" I asked, i cleared the stone besides him then sat down.

"Use this, I'll sit there." Hephaestion stood up and gave me the stool he was sitting on.

We switched places but my eyes never left him. Heph noticed that i won't drop the topic anytime soon that he sighed.

"I'll be fine sweetheart, don't worry." He smiled genuinely and kissed me on the lips.

I bit my lip and kept silent after he let go. But- b-but.. nevermind.. although Heph is unusually silent today.

"Heph is there something wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, just having a little cough and headache." He shrugged it off. I raised brows, leaned in and felt his forehead.

"Heph your temperature is high!" I shouted then slapped his hands off his sword that took him by surprise, "You need to see the doctor, let's go." I pulled him up.

Heph shook his head and pulled me to his lap instead. I groaned in response as i glared at him.

"Heph please." I pleaded but he stood his ground.

"I don't believe in doctors Margaux, I'm sorry but i don't trust them besides it's a simple sickness anyways." He smiled and kissed my cheek.

Right.. this stubborn belief.. it's what got him in his deathbed based on his biography.. No! He can't die, no.. please no.. Draco? Draco!

Mademoiselle relax. He listens to you remember? Atleast on some parts.. but you can doctor him. Would you want him to travel and fight in that state?

No ofcourse not.. your right I'll doctor him. And I'll change his fate! I won't allow him to die. We still have alot more to discover about each other.. mine.. mine..

I felt Heph warm breath on my neck getting me out of my thoughts.

"You're worrying too much, you should relax." Heph teased and hugged me closer.

Hmm..

"If you refuse to go to the doctor, can i atleast convince you to stay at my home? Let me take care of you before you go? Like.. just me being your wifey for a day?" I asked as i burry my head in his neck.

"Wifey?" Heph chuckled at my use of words and hugged me even tighter. We stayed there for a couple of seconds before he backed out a bit.

"Sure, i plan to stay with you until dawn anyways.. but." He placed me back down the stool, kissed me one last time before standing up.

"But?" I asked urging him to continue. He clicked his tongue and looked at the tents.

"Adrastus," he shouted. I tilted my head and saw Adrastus scurrying towards our direction.

"Sweetheart, I'll see you later at the palace. I still have something to talk about with Adrastus." He smiled at me.

"B-but i thought we'll spend your last hours here with me?" I pouted.

Heph laughed and held my hands. "We will, that's a promise. I just need to talk to Adrastus.. about something.."

"Something?" I raised my brows.

"Yep just something." He smiled awkwardly.

I sighed and tiptoed up just to kiss him in the lips.

"Fine.. just, just make it fast. Your fever, your cough, you'll-"

"I'll be fine love. Trust me okay?" He smiled and gestured a soldier over. The soldier held a horse in which Heph helped me up.

I fixed my position and looked at him. "Be there fast?" I asked again.

"Aye! He's too dedicated to you my princess, trust him." Adrastus said for the first time making me smile. I looked at Heph and he just shook his head.

"Yes love, now go." He slapped the horse's butt giving it a boost. I held the rope tight and  the way. I looked at Heph one last time and he is talking to Adrastus in a very serious way.

I wonder what they are talking about. I shrugged my negative thoughts off and gave the horse another kick for boost.

Draco prepare a cough syrup. I need to heal that guy before that thing gets any worse.

Yeah, yeah I'm on it. The palace right?

Yeah we'll meet there. I confirmed.

After a few minutes i arrived at the back of the palace. I immediately went straight up stairs where Roxana's room is at. There is not much people around so i can sneak in. Oh, i really hope Roxana is awake, i have to talk to her about this war again. I'm worried.

"Eherm." Alexander's voice stopped me from going up. I took a couple steps backward and turned around.

"Heeyyy, I didn't see you there." I laughed awkwardly.

"Tomorrow before dawn we'll start our march. Until then we still haven't had our date. When will that be Agapé?" He asked in a serious manner.

I gulped in response. Frick not a perfect time.

"Well uhh," i scratched my elbow.

Just tell him that you don't want to have a date.

Yeah as if that were easy. I mocked Draco before shutting him off.

"Well uhh-"

"Let's go. I have prepared breakfast for us." He gave me no chance to speak and pulled me.

Draco! Hephaestion-

I'll stall, go and do your thingy. If you don't you won't have time left for Hephaestion. Would you like that?

No.

Okay now go.

I sighed and allowed him to pull me.

"I'm not that hungry." I whispered. Alex looked at me and showed me a basket full of apples. Apples only? He calls that breakfast?

"This will fill you up then," he smiled.

I raised my brows. Very funny. "So where is our brunch held?" I asked.

"Brunch?" Alexander stopped and looked at me.

"You know.. Breakfast and Lunch, Brunch? It's in between- ahh never mind." I rolled my eyes and walked pass him.

"In that tree Agapé." Alex stopped me and pointed at the largest tree. It has thick leaves and easy to climb.

"Please don't tell me we're climbing that thing." I groaned and looked at him.

Alexander chuckled and pulled me over.

"I won't tell you don't worry." He teased making groan.

Alexander helped me up the tree first before climbing up himself.

"I hope you remember but the first date we had. It's just like this." Alexander started and threw an apple to me.

I barely catched it and looked at him. I looked down and back to him as i tighten my grip at the tree trunk.

"What do you mean first date?" I asked.

"It's sad that you forgot but nevermind, we'll create new memories after the war." Alexander shrugged and leaned on the trunk.

Until now i still don't understand, how?

"Are you sure you're not talking about your first date with Roxana?" I said and closed my eyes.

"Nah nope." Alex shrugged.

Hmm..

"Alexander?"

"Mm? Urgh my name sounds so good when you say it.. what is it Agapé?"

I rolled my eyes. "When did we first meet?"

"Us? Hmm, it was my first war. The first troop and soldiers i lead. We won that time, we left no men alive while the women were turned into slaves.. all of them.. except for one." He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Me?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes you. You were so beautiful in that dress, a designer, a unique dress." He mumbled.

Okay Heph did mention about that dress. It really got stuck in their minda huh.

"Why didn't you kill me or turned me into a slave?" I asked again.

"Heph saw you first, he was stuck in place. That is when i stepped into the scene. I was ready to tease him with you but i fell too." He smiled, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Ohh," is all i managed to say.

"Do you miss him?" He asked me.

Who? Hephaestion? "Uhh, who are we talking about now?" I awkwardly asked.

"Bucephalus, do you miss him?" He asked again.

Bucephalus.. bucephalus.. ahh! That is his horse right? Right?

"Ahh yeah, i miss him.." i mumbled and chuckled inwardly.

"Mm-hmm, i bet he misses you too, he misses his mommy." Alexander closed his eyes again.

Mommy!? Me!?

I was ready to ask another series of questions when i saw a familiar face getting out of the palace.

'My King! General Alexander!' he shouted. I looked at him and back at Alexander.

"Hey isn't that your messenger? Or whatever you call him?" I asked and pointed at him.

Alexander looked at me and to the person I'm pointing before sighing.

"Everytime, every single time." He groaned and jumped down. He raised his hands and looked at me.

"Jump down." He said.

"Are you insane!?" I looked at him in disbelief. Alexander chuckled and opened his arms.

"It's safe. Trust me Agapé." He smiled. I groaned in defeat, giving in.

I jumped down right into his arms and indeed I'm safe.

"Let's agree to not do that again." I patted his shoulders and walked away.

"Where are you going?" Alexander stopped me.

I raisedy brows at him. "Do you really want people to increase the rumors of us both?" I asked.

"We'll it's true.. most of it weren't real bit imagine if i really got you pregnant. My lineage will be secured." He laughed. I rolled my eyes and kicked him in the ass.

"My King!" The messenger ran towards us.

"I'm going. I have some important things to do." I raised my head walking out of his sight.

After being sure that he doesn't see me anymore, i ducked down and hid behind the bushes. Tiptoeing my way back to the palace.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" I heard a bitchy voice behind me.

Urgh. Strateira.

"What do you want?" I asked and stood up straight.

"So sneaking out to see my King are we?" She gritted her teeth.

"Your king, my king, whatever. Leave me alone." I rolled my eyes. Strateira was ready to slap me when Alexander appeared from the blue catching up.

"Your luck will run out eventually." Drypetis whispered then automatically greeted Alexander. Strateira on the other hand pushed me back and faced Alexander.

Urgh witches.

Alexander was trying to talk to me, to continue the supposed date but Strateira really was persistent to the point that she blocked the way using her body and flirted with him in an instant.

"I'm sorry Strateira but i have to talk-"

"About us." Strateira finished.

"About us?" Alexander and me said in unison.

"Pardon me Ms. Margaux but i heard that your brother is calling for you." Strateira said and held Alexander's hand.

I raised my brows as Strateira didn't give me chance to talk and just pulled Alex out of the way leaving Drypetis to stand in between us.

"Without your land and title, you two are nothing." I spat and walked away.

Urgh too much for today. And my last day with Hephaestion too.. oh no Heph!

Draco where is Heph? The syrup is it there!? I asked as i ran back to the palace. To my relief Draco is there with Hephaestion talking about something looking important.

"Heph!" I shouted and immediately hugged him from the back.

"Hey sweetheart." Heph tapped my hands. "Miss me? It's been half an hour only." He teased.

I rolled my eyes and sat down in his lap. "For me that is long."

"Mm-hmm, whatever you say. Anyways I'll have to take your sister from here." Heph wrapped his hands around me.

Draco just smiled. Mademoiselle I'm leaving the syrup behind that pillar over there. Keep safe.

Yeah sure. I replied and burried my head in Heph's neck.

"Let's go up, i have something important to tell you." Heph carried me up.

"No wait!" stopped him and jumped down from his arms. I went behind the pillar and took the syrup, secured it in my pocket and jumped back to Heph.

"I was going to ask what did you do behind there but now this is my question. You want me to carry you all the way up stairs?" Heph laughed.

"Well you were about to anyways." I shrugged and wrapped my arms around his neck. Heph just shook his head as we both head to his bed.

"So do you want to do something?" He gave me a meaningful grin. I shook my head despite knowing what he means and just jumped down his arms.

"Lie down and rest. You're still ill, and nope I'm not allowing you to touch me until you drink what I'll serve you in a minute or so." I said and walked straight to his table where there is a water jug and a tiny cup.

Heph groaned and jumped back to his bed. I chuckled while i transfer the syrup to the tiny cup.

I carefully picked it up and sat down besides him. He is tucked-in in a funny manner. I bit my lip and kissed him.

Ahh how can a man like him be also adorable?

Eww.

Shut up Draco, stop ruining my moments. I shut Draco up as i guide Heph to drink the contents of the cup.

"That's bitter." He complained.

"Bitter as it should be. It will soothe you." I reassured him.

"You know intimacy can do the same thing." He rolled his eyes. He placed down the cup in the side table and pulled me over.

"Heph!" I yelled at him. Heph didn't mind and just hugged me. Using my arm as his pillow.

"You want me to rest right?" Heph asked.

"Uh.. yeah?"

"Well i want to rest like this." He nuzzled his face in my neck. I smiled silently while i played with his hair.

This could do.

____________________________________________

Drypetis's POV

"Without your land and title, you two are nothing." I mocked as i walk back and forth. Urgh! Where is Strateira anyways? It's almost dark.

"Sister?" As if on cue, Strateira peeked inside my room. My face immediately lit up.

"Finally!" I blew out and walked to her. I examined her and her clothes aren't crampled meaning..

"You failed?" I frowned. "Urgh and to think i waited here boredly for long hours to nothing."

"Common don't be all grumpy on me. Alexander really is hard to tease but never mind the wedding is near!" She giggled.

"Really when?" I asked, my face lighting up again.

"Hmm he said after the war. We'll be wed in Susa." She shrugged.

"Susa?"

"Yeah, apparently we'll travel there in two days time." She giggled non stop and sat down on my bed.

"How about Roxana?" I asked and sat down. "Margaux?"

"I don't know about them sis but one thing is for sure. The wedding isn't cancelled." She laughed hysterically.

I rolled my eyes. Strateira looked at me in confusion.

"What did Margaux do this time?" She asked.

"Well she only said 'Without your land and title, you two are nothing.' I know i shouldn't be pissed but.. she's right." I sighed and looked away.

"Not anymore if we marry them. Cheer up sizzy, the bride shouldn't be all sad. It will bring wrinkles." She teased and held my chin up.

I smiled. She's right, my sister is right.

"Anyways can you repeat what Margaux said to you again." She asked. I glared at her but she looked at me seriously.

I sighed and said the exact same thing copying her voice.

"Woah.. do that again." She said.

"Without your land and title, you two are nothing." I said again, not loosing the tone Margaux used.

"Oh my gosh!" Strateira shouted.

I leaned back and looked at her. "What?"

"You, you sound like her!" She said and clapped.

"Wow great thing to have." I sarcastically replied and stood up.

"Drypetis can't you see this? You sound like Margaux when you do that tone! You can use it! Against her! And to tease the Chiliarach! And then make him yours!" She giggled and held my hands.

Flirt Hephaestion by acting as Margaux.. hmm.

"Sis, you're unto something."

_________________________________________________
.
.
.
.
Up Next: CHAPTER 28; Symbol of Love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.1K 4.3K 41
-They all believed that he would return.- Despite the best efforts of those who oppose him, Zeus and most of his allies are free, and it is all thank...
376 94 46
Alexander was the type of guy that every girl wanted. He was tall, dark, and handsome, with piercing green eyes that could make any girl swoon. He ha...
983 8 45
Raynar has always had two agenda: To fulfill his duty as a guardian and to avenge his mother's death. His father made sure he is trained well, which...
149 2 35
You've just woken in the woods, away from everything you know. You're dazed and confused, unable to comprehend what's just happened. As you are comin...