When Shadows Intertwine with...

By buddy025

It seemed to be another ordinary day at U.A. But then Mr. Aizawa gave an announcement to the class saying tha... More

Ch 1: The New Girl
Ch 2: A Girl & Her Shadow
Ch 3: Lunch Date
Ch 4: A Strange Feeling
Ch 5: Starting Over
Ch 6: Costume Design
Ch 7: Getting Advice
Ch 8: Beauty in the Shadows
Ch 9: Surprise Me
Ch 10: Another Bumpy Encounter
Ch 11: Pairings
Ch 12: Training
Ch 13: The Next Match Has Been Made
Ch 14: Suppressing a Dark Power
Ch 15: Don't Provoke Me
Ch 16: Help This Bird Fly
Ch 17: A Little Shove
Ch 18: Requests
Ch 19: Distances & Apologies
Ch 20: Lost In The Song
Ch 21: A Rager?!
Ch 22: Meeting The Group
Ch 23: The Mall
Ch 24: Shopping
Ch 25: Old Friends, Old Enemies
😋Authors Note😋
Ch 26: Stand Your Ground
Ch 27: Party Time
Ch 28: Drunken Mistakes
Ch 29: Awkward
Ch 30: It's a Long Story
One-Shot: Happy Birthday
Ch 31: A Moment Of Weakness
❤️Authors Note🖤
💜Authors Note, again🖤
Ch 32: To Be? Or Not To Be?
One-Shot: Monthly
Ch 33: Are They Together Now?
💗Authors Note💚
One-Shot: ☁️Nightmares☁️
Ch 34: Take Things Slow
One-Shot: ☁️Comfort☁️
Ch 36: An Accident
Ch 37: Stalking
Ch 38: My Darling
One-Shot: 🍋A Good Workout🍋
Ch 39: A Terrible Reminder
Ch 40: First Date
❤️Authors Note🧡
Ch 41: Almost Caught
Ch 42: A Big Question & A Big Answer
Help our gofund.me!

Ch 35: Swift Shadows

84 4 4
By buddy025

N: After everyone had all the notes copied Mr. Aizawa sent everyone to get changed into their P.E clothes and to meet him in the training yard. As everyone was leaving Aika was putting away her notebook and Tokoyami watched her secretly then headed out with everyone else. The boys were all glancing at each other and giving looks at Tokoyami from time to time. But Deku kept staring the most, he couldn't believe that he'd given up that easily.

Tokoyami: "Staring is considered rude Midoriya." He said putting his clothes in his locker.

Deku: "U-Uh! I-I'm sorry! It's just...it bothers me."

Tokoyami: "What bothers you?" He asked before closing his locker.

Deku: "That you didn't tell Amari how you feel."

N: Tokoyami's eyes widened a bit then everyone looked at them.

Tokoyami: ... "You don't need to be concerning yourself with this. Any of you. It's fine."

Kaminari: "Oh come on man, you don't need to hide it."

Tokoyami: "I'm not hiding anything."

Kirishima: "We're here for you man. If you just wanna talk about it."

Tokoyami: "There really is nothing to talk about."

Iida: "It's alright to be sad Tokoyami. Such pain can be hard to recover from, but if you talk about it with friends you'll feel much better." He said placing a hand on his shoulder.

Tokoyami: "Alright that's enough. Thank you all for your concern but I am fine. Truly, I am."

Deku: "You sure?"

Tokoyami: "Yes. Trust me my friend, I'm fine." He reassured him putting his hand on his shoulder.

N: Deku showed him a small smile then Tokoyami put on his P.E jacket and left them all to finish changing.

Todoroki: "You okay?"

Deku: "No. I know he really wants to go out with her but he just won't admit it."

Todoroki: "Expressing the way you feel about someone isn't easy Midoriya. Trust me, I know."

N: Deku gave him a smile then held his hand. Todoroki looked at him and Deku smiled a little more then gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Todoroki was caught off guard and just blushed.

Deku: "Come on. We don't want Mr. Aizawa to be mad if we're late."

N: He held his hand and walked with him out the door.

Kirishima: "Ready?"

Bakugou: "Shut up damnit! I'm almost done." He said putting on his shoes.

Kirishima: "I'll wait for you outside, sound good?"

Bakugou: "Do whatever you want!"

N: Kirishima smiled then started leaving, Bakugou looked back at him.

Bakugou: "Hey."

N: Kirishima stopped then Bakugou grabbed his arm and kissed him. Kirishima was shocked with this sudden kiss that he didn't even close his eyes before he pulled away.

Bakugou: "Now get outta here! I don't need you waiting up for me shitty hair!"

N: He went back to finishing getting dressed and Kirishima stood there red in the face and looking confused.

Bakugou: "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL HERE?!"

Kirishima: "A-Ah, right sorry!"

N: Bakugou watched him leave then he looked at his shoes blushing angrily. Kirishima stood outside next to the door smiling big with his face bright red. He ran his hand through his hair as he sighed.

Kirishima: "Hmm~. Heh. I'll have to get used to that."

Mina: "Okay, just hear me out. You could give it a shot, and I think you really should. Or you can just block it all out and forget everything you did together. Which we all think, is a really, really, reeeally bad idea."

Aika: "It's my decision."

Mina: "We know. But will you just give him a chance? Pleeeease?"

Aika: "Alright, Ashido as much as I would love to accept your advice. I'm still gonna have to say that it's my decision. And I'll decide what I want to do."

Hagakure: "That's great. Buuut, we really think you should go out with Tokoyami. Just for a week! Just to see how it goes."

Aika: "Wow you guy's don't know when to quit, do you?"

Urarraka: "Oh come on Amari. It'll be fun!"

Tsu: "She's got a point. Come on, just one date."

Jiro: "What'd you got to lose?"

Aika: ... "Let me think about it?"

Mina: "Oh yeah, yeah, totally!"

Aika: "Great. See ya out there."

N: She went outside and leaned against the wall and groaned.

Aika: "A date huh? ...Then, does what we did at the tree count as a date?"

N: After everyone was done changing they all were told by their class rep. to line up so they all got in line side by side. Aika looked down the line and saw Tokoyami standing beside Shoji and Kirishima. She sighed quietly and looked forward.

Aizawa: "Alright, you're all gonna be sparring. I expect you all to put everything you've got into your attacks but not too much to over do it. Is that clear?"

Everyone: "Yes sir!"

Deku: "Uh, Mr. Aizawa. Why are we sparring outside today?"

Aizawa: "Because Gym Gamma is still being repaired from the last incident."

Deku: "A-Ah, oh."

Aika: "What last incident?"

Iida: "Bakugou decided to use one of his ultimate moves inside Gym Gamma once when we were training. He caused some damage to it and it's structure."

N: She looked down then looked back at Mr. Aizawa who was looking down the line of students. Till he stopped his gaze on Aika.

Aizawa: "Amari, you're first."

N: Everyone looked at her and she just nodded and walked towards her teacher.

Kaminari: "After watching Amari's match with Mineta I don't know if I wanna fight her."

Mina: "I don't blame you. But we gotta try at least, who knows one of us is gonna beat her eventually. And besides it was Mineta, that was just an easy win for her."

Sero: "Yeah I think you're right. I think I'll give it shot."

Aizawa: "Hm."

Aika: "Who's my opponent sir?" She asked with her serious glare.

N: He looked at her for a moment then looked at his students then closed his eyes and started walking to the side.

Aizawa: "Tokoyami, you're up."

N: They all looked at him with shock but he just walked forward with his usual serious look. They all watched them stand side beside a couple feet apart from each other. They turned to face each other not breaking their glares to one another. Deku couldn't help but swallow from this intensity and a couple of the students began to sweat and look at each other.

Mineta: "Things just got real."

Hagakure: "Aw man. And I really didn't want them to fight each other."

Yaoyorozu: "Me either. And I'm not even sure who'll win. They're both in the sunlight and they're quirks are basically the same so I don't know who's stronger."

N: Aika gave the first bow and Tokoyami did the same. They both took a few more steps back and waited for Mr. Aizawa's signal.

Mina: "I don't know who's gonna win or lose but I just hope this doesn't ruin they're chances of getting together."

Urarraka: "Me too. It'd be sad if they didn't think of giving it a chance because of this."

Aizawa: "Start."

N: With that they both shot into action.

Tokoyami: "Dark Shadow!"

Dark Shadow: "Haa!"

Aika: "Echo-Shade."

N: He emerged and moved in with great speed striking Dark Shadow at the same time. They both were sent back a bit but Dark Shadow clawed at the floor to stop himself.

Dark Shadow: "Damn it!"

Echo-Shade: "We're even in strength."

Aika: "For now. Just focus on striking Dark Shadow as much as you can for the time being."

N: He nodded then lunged forward at the other shadow they both began clawing and flying all around each other just so one of them can try to hit the other. Tokoyami gritted his teeth watching them fight but Aika kept her composure and just glared back at Tokoyami.

Jiro: "This is crazy! They're both the same?"

Deku: "Looks that way. But if they fought in a more shaded area it'd be a whole other story. But even then it's still hard to tell who'd win."

Dark Shadow: "Kyaa! Gah! Err!"

Tokoyami: "Dark Shadow!"

N: He returned to Tokoyami and Echo-Shade backed off too lurking over Aika's head.

Aika: "Ready?"

Echo-Shade: "Ready."

Tokoyami: "Alright Dark Shadow the time has come."

Dark Shadow: "Got it."

N: Dark Shadow completely covered his body and everyone got even more excited to watch.

Aika: "Impressive. An ultimate move I assume?"

Tokoyami: "Yes, a move I call Black Abyss."

N: She smiled before closing her eyes while putting her hair behind her ear.

Aika: "Since you're getting serious I'll do the same. No holding back."

N: She looked at everyone then her eyes turned red and she snapped her fingers. Everyone's shadows moved past them beneath their feet and they all covered her arms and legs.

Urarraka: "Uh. Hey, our shadows are gone!"

Kaminari: "Woah! Hey! What the heck!"

Aika: "Like I said, I'm not holding back."

N: Tokoyami got a little lower as if he were to pounce. Aika transferred some of the shadows into Echo-Shade and they made him bigger and he began growing fang like teeth as his eyes started glowing. Everyone watched as her shadow grew, Tokoyami watched as well and gritted his teeth. But he suddenly jumped back when Aika tried to strike him with giant hands and claws she made out of the shadows. She attacked him again but he dodged her by a few seconds.

Kirishima: "Woah! She's really giving it all she's got."

Yaoyorozu: "Yeah. She's definitely gotten faster too."

Deku: "She's using our shadows to increase her speed and strength. That's why she has shadows on her arms and legs."

Mineta: "But why doesn't she just use her shadow to beat him? It's big enough right?"

Deku: "That's right. I wonder why she's not using Echo-Shade."

N: Tokoyami finally tried striking back with his sabbath attack but she made a wall out of the shadows. Then she leapt over it and grabbed him by his neck and flung him over her back onto the ground. She pinned him down and made the shadows tie his arms and legs to the ground. He forced Dark Shadow to retreat as he began to struggle to break free. Aika slammed her hand by his head then he immediately stopped and looked up at her.

Aika: "I told you I was going to get serious."

N: He balled his hands into fists and glared back at her.

Tokoyami: "Who says I wasn't taking this seriously?"

N: She rose a brow then Dark Shadow appeared through his chest taking her up high. Aika tried prying Dark Shadow's mouth open but it didn't budge. She looked down when they stopped in mid air, Dark Shadow suddenly went straight down and he slammed her into the ground.

Kirishima: "Oh, dang!"

Kaminari: "Ooo, that's gotta hurt."

Urarraka: "I can't look." She said covering her eyes but peeking through her fingers.

Aika: "Err! Ahah! Errm! Let. Me. GO!!" She screamed her eyes turning black and her hair floating up.

N: Her body began unleashing shadows all around her and shadows started traveling up her arms to her neck. All around the yard it started getting dark and the ground started being consumed by the shadows that surrounded the area and the shadows that Aika was unleashing. Dark Shadow began getting bigger and his eyes started turning red, Tokoyami got worried and finally got free he ran to Aika and Dark Shadow but Echo-Shade began circling him and trapped him inside.

Hagakure: "Ahh! What's happening?"

Iida: "Everyone! Get somewhere safe, now!"

Deku: "Iida, what about the others?"

Iida: "I have a plan. But I need you to get everyone to safety."

N: He nodded then lead everyone out of the area.

Iida: "Bakugou, Todoroki! Can you give me some light to reach them?"

Bakugou: "Don't give me orders!"

Todoroki: "We'll cover you."

N: Aika began floating and more shadows started to cover her body and dark lines appeared around her eyes. They stopped in their tracks when Aika got higher. She started clutching her head, shaking it and grunting.

Iida: "Amari! Amari! You have to stop!"

Aika: "ARAAAHHH!"

N: A large black ring was let out from her sending them all flying backwards and hitting the wall rendering them unconscious. Mr. Aizawa was trying to get close enough to her but that ring also sent him flying. He tried erasing her quirk but a shadow wrapped around his legs and as he looked down it dragged him away but he erased it only to find himself completely surrounded by shadows till they began tying him up along the fence line.

Aizawa: "Err! Errr! Not good."

Aika: "AAAAHHH!!"

Aizawa: 'I didn't think she was this strong. At this rate she'll have covered the whole school in these shadows.'

Aika: "AHAH! AAAAAHHHH!!" 'Please, stop! Get control of yourself!'

N: She closed her eyes shut and tried reaching for her head as her arms and hands shook rapidly. When she finally did her eyes shot open and more black vein like lines appeared around her eyes and traveled down to her cheeks.

Aika: "AAAAHHH!"

N: Another dark ring unleashed from her body and it affected Dark Shadow and Echo-Shade. They both roared and grew more. Tokoyami shielded his face from the wind while looking up at the shadows. Till he finally caught sight of Aika floating in the air between the two shadow monsters. Aika continued screaming and it hurt Tokoyami deeply but it also infuriated him to see her like that.

Tokoyami: "Amari."

(Well this took a while to think about😅 but I think it came out pretty good, thx again to everyone who stuck to my book from the very beginning I hope u all enjoyed this chapter n I'll try to update soon, see ya in the shadows;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 4.4K 27
Arabelle and Toshinori's relationship was never the same once he got accepted into U.A. Reunited years later when they both start working at U.A, th...
2.9K 30 57
Two, new 'students' have entered U.A. for a semester, scerets will be revealed, some new ones may start rising. New adventures will appear for the fa...
4.1K 125 15
Y/n L/n is a new student in Class 1a. Things are a bit different from what she imagined though, something is wrong with nearly everyone in the schoo...