Summoning Our Country - NHS K...

By therose_ninomae

CONTENT WARNING: Japanese ultranationalism, language, gore depictions, obscene scenery Off to the Orient lay... More

Credits
Chapter 1: May Our Country Know True Peace
Chapter 1.5: Hakkōitten
Chapter 2: A Case of Isekai
Chapter 2.5: State of Emergency
Chapter 3: I Will Not Back Down
Chapter 3.5: A Long Path
Chapter 4: Welcome to Asherah
Chapter 4.5: Only Time Will Tell
Chapter 5: A Country's Interests
Chapter 5.5: The Three Weeks Since
Chapter 6: A Rock and a Hard Place
Chapter 7: Operation Zanzibar
Chapter 8: Bombs Away
Chapter 9: There Will Be Consequences
Chapter 10: The Winds Have Started to Turn
Chapter 11: What Goes Around Comes Around
Chapter 12: Amboss Tropfen
Chapter 12.5: Diary Excerpts
Chapter 13: Only One Outcome
Chapter 13.5: Fox One!
Chapter 14: Donnerschlag Part 1
Chapter 15: Donnerschlag Part 2
Chapter 16: Donnerschlag Part 3
Chapter 16.5: Yoha no Naka
Chapter 17: A Complete Picture
Chapter 18: Vodka and Soju
Chapter 19.5: Darkening Skies
Chapter 20: Proclamation Day
Chapter 21: Parpaldian Excellence
Chapter 22: My Reasons
Chapter 23: My Resolution
Chapter 24: My Revelation
Chapter 24.5: With Thundering Motors
Chapter 24.6: Into the Ranks of the Enemy
Chapter 25: Trade Wars and Famine
Chapter 26: The Nature of Escalation
Chapter 27: Desperate Measures
Chapter 27.5: Internal Dynamics
Chapter 28: Banners of Blue and White
Chapter 29: I Give You Justice!
Chapter 29.5: Destined for Demise
Chapter 29.6: War Plan Intrépide
Chapter 30: Battle of Menda Point Part 1
Chapter 31: Battle of Menda Point Part 2
Chapter 32: Battle of Menda Point Part 3
Chapter 33: Like Waves Crashing Endlessly

Chapter 19: You are Cordially Invited

1.2K 64 28
By therose_ninomae

Note: This is rose. We're trying to return to a weekly release, but it's been difficult, since the rewrite is also ongoing. There's essentially two chapters per week, but the rewritten chapters will be released much later. Have a rose ✿

Discord: https://discord.gg/p7NJppEjza 

Cent. Calendar 21/06/1639, north of Jin-Hark, 10:00

"What a hot day..."

Third Foreign Affairs Dept. Representative Raita, for now the Parpaldian Empire's representative as a whole, commented in exasperation while endlessly waving a scarlet fan that matched the color of her extravagant gown. It was indeed a hot day, for it was the middle of summer, and out in the open seas, the only shades that she could reliably take comfort behind are the occasional cloud and the rigging of the Parpaldian Navy vessel she was on. With her side and arm leaning on the wooden taffrails, she looked out across the gleaming, dark blue waters. Beyond the pitiful, simpler sail ships that dotted the harbor of the city of Jin-Hark were the sandy clay buildings that made up the austere and modest skyline of the former Lourian capital.

"Now we really are in the sticks..."

Biting her glaring, red lipstick-glossed lips, Raita basked in the mild winds provided by her fan as she looked down on the uninteresting city of a peripheral nation. Perhaps there was little salvation to these "barbarians," even with their generous financial and military support, she thought. As her eyes followed the contour of the mild Jin-Hark skyline, they inevitably ended up on the multi-tiered, multi-layered fortification that stuck out of the endless rows of minor buildings. Reaching the apex of the fortification, the top of the hill, she expected to find an impressive fortification, akin to that of the great castles of old, a universally-understood symbol of power and autocratic rule. However, in place of an intimidating stronghold, all that she saw were the pathetic ruins of something that once was, it's still standing vestiges doomed to scavenging looters and the sands of time.

"So that is what they're capable of..."

Raita felt a slight unease well up all over her body, her fingers shaking ever so slightly.

Almost two weeks ago, the entire course of the periphery and the Third Civilized Area changed dramatically with the utter destruction of the royal castle at Jin-Hark. Not only did it signal the abrupt end to the Lourian dynasty and its hopes of a united Rodenius, but it heralded the enigmatic entrance of something more sinister–a threat to the long-established hegemony that Parpaldia enjoys. Like many in the department, Raita was quick to assume that it was the Altarans, but she too was soon convinced that a new power was at play. Backed by reports of peripheral nations and some Third Civilized Area players welcoming the new power, the imperial crown had mobilized the complex, bureaucratic gears of the empire to turn its attention to this newcomer.

This was why Raita was here.

After having decided with unanimity that this new country was to be treated with leveled respect, the imperial government sent her to invite them to the Proclamation Day celebrations to be held in the capital, Esthirant; a momentous occasion celebrating the empire's founding and reserved for the great powers.

"Now, what was their name again?"

"Japan, madam."

The deep, manly voice of Imperial Army officer Marcus rang out from Raita's other side as he walked towards the taffrails to bask in the view of the city.

"Ah, of course. How could I have forgotten the name of the nation that's about to steal Parpaldia's thunder?"

Revolting at the idea of their broken hegemony, she scoffed with plenty of disdain. Marcus's expression, however, begged to differ.

"I was the one leading the task force during the war here. I remember how the royal castle just blew up and the near fantastical "aircraft" that they employed to do so. With all due respect, madam, they are not one we could afford to look down on."

"I agree, sir. Those that threaten our hold to power are ones that wield considerable might themselves, and even if we have not seen them yet, Japan should not be an exception. Yet I can't help but feel the need to look down on these... usurpers. Perhaps that's just the imperial supremacist in me."

Raita looked around her, from the impressive and complex rigging of their ship to the tireless and prompt sailors of the mighty Imperial Navy. From modest sail ships to impressive first-rate ships of the line to the highly capable iron-hulled, mana gem-powered warships that she stood on, the Parpaldian Empire has come far in deepening and expanding its stake on the Asheran stage. Backed and supported with arms and assurances from the other great powers, they were supposed to be the premier power in this side of the world. Raita believed in their inevitable destiny to be the true hegemon of the Third Civilized Region and that if anybody wanted to snatch that away from them, they would first have to fight their dignified navy at sea and then their indomitable army on land.

Jin-Hark, 10:30

Ever since hostilities ceased with Japan and Qua-Toyne following the signing of the Treaty of Gim, Jin-Hark has more or less continued its everyday happenings. Having been the seat of the hegemonic Lourian dynasty for generations, the town of Jin-Hark was the recipient of most of the benefits reaped by their expansionism, becoming an anchor of power that kept the feudal kingdom together. While the roots of terminal decay had long been sown before Japan's appearance, it was their decapitation strike on the Lourian beast that dealt the final blow that led to its disintegration. However, since most of the feuding lords and dukes were witnesses to Japan's capability and willingness to erase those it deemed threatening, an unspoken rule was born among them not to upset the new balance of power that Japan had erected in Jin-Hark, now a neutral territory controlled by an independent governing body.

As such, while power plays continued underneath the surface, things have remained largely amicable between the parties, and this is reflected in the "business-as-usual" atmosphere at the harbor of Jin-Hark.

The smell of salty seawater and markets brimming with seafood and spices dominated the olfactory senses of anyone that found themselves in this sector. The occasional industrial goods of knick-knacks, furniture, weaponry, and other artisan products were also present. Due to the still lingering racial divides promulgated by the Lourian kings, much of the people doing business here were humans, and what amount of demi-humans that were present either wore robes that concealed their identity or were sailors waiting back in their ships.

The incessant chatter of traders, merchants, buyers, and other people with prospective interests provided the harbor with the unmistakable ambiance of commerce. The sound of waves crashing against the docks and seagulls singing from above made it ever so clear that they were close to the ocean. Then, like a thunderclap–always so unexpected–there was the well-modulated yell of a man coming from out of nowhere.

"MARCH!"

Hearing this sharp order, the many individuals present along the docks immediately had their attention darted away from their business to the source of the yell. With their chatter almost immediately stopping, the air was populated with a different noise: the synchronous beats of rubber boots stomping on the hard ground.

In the middle of the docks, two columns of equally spaced human men had formed up. They wore pronounced, matching uniforms dyed in striking crimson and were armed with identical, bayoneted, advanced-looking rifles. If their affiliation wasn't obvious yet to the onlooker, two of the men marching second-in-front of their respective columns erected golden flagpoles. One of the flags bore a distinct symbol that seemed to represent their unit, while the other one that flew in the wind was one that everyone recognized: the banner of Parpaldia, dyed in imperial red and gold.

Having been given the order to march, the line of imperial soldiers advanced forward. The men in front brandished fife and drums, and they played to the tune of a typical army march that dictated the tempo, and therefore speed, of the soldiers' paces. The snares crackled from hits by the drumsticks as the bass drummers pounded away in every measure.

"The Parpaldian army? Here? What's going on?!"

"Were they not informed of Jin-Hark's neutrality? That Japan might retaliate!"

"Not another war! I'm already breaking even trying to make ends meet!"

Traders, merchants, and the occupants of the city looked on as the disciplined column of crimson made their way through the harbor at every pounding beat of their drums. Those from the peripheral nations, "uncivilized barbarians" to the Parpaldians, felt their strength ebb away from their legs as they nearly fainted at the intimidating sight of a regional power's soldiers marching through their mediocre streets. Awe and fear clashed to be the dominant emotion in their hearts as they either marveled or shriveled at the idea that the established power, Parpaldia, marches to meet the dreadful newcomer, Japan.

"Huh? The Parpaldians are here?"

"My my. This is going to get interesting."

"It's about damn time those imperialists in Esthirant noticed what's happening in their front yard."

Citizens from nations across the Third Civilized Region, considered as "enlightened barbarians" by the Parpaldians, scoffed in mixed reception to the sight of what they considered an "expansionist bully." They were well aware of the Parpaldian encroachment on Rodenian affairs but found their delay in response to the appearance of Japan comical. If anything, they were eager to capitalize on the effects of an upcoming diplomatic and economic clash between the two nations.

"Hm? Is that...?"

One of the citizens recognized a more conspicuous figure walking in front of the columns. Taking a closer look, they saw that it was a woman clad in an extravagant gown of scarlet and diplomatically modest in her posture. She held her chin high, a gesture of pride and might as if to contradict the gentle strides in her pacing. Despite the strong sunlight coming from lower-latitude, late morning sun, she maintained her stance with unwavering dignity.

"They sent her? So that means the Parpaldians are aware of who they're dealing with then?"

They recognized her as Raita, a moderately high positioned diplomat in the Third Foreign Affairs Department. A typical representative of the empire during high-level meetings with periphery nations and sometimes even Third Civilized Area nations, she's known for having a diplomatic etiquette backed by a strong belief in imperial ambition.

"Best we keep a close eye on what's going to happen."

They were not alone in their curiosity; much of the city had started to follow the Parpaldian march when word spread of their arrival. A curtain of anxiety hung over Jin-Hark as they anticipated Japan's response to this blatant show of force.

Japanese diplomatic mission building

"Tanaka, sir, I believe you shou–"

"I know, I've heard."

Tanaka brushed aside his aides' comments as he walked towards the exit.

After word spread of the Parpaldian army's arrival in Jin-Hark, the Japanese diplomatic mission in the city erupted into a frenzy. Foreign Affairs staff rushed to contact their respective counterparts with the various duchies and minor states, confirming if they had invited an external force to the neutral territory while others hurriedly contacted home for further assistance should things get hot. As the one responsible for diplomatic relations in Jin-Hark, diplomat Tanaka Noboru rushed to meet the Parpaldians face-to-face, hoping to tell them politely to leave.

At the exit, Tanaka was stopped by the guards at the doors.

"Sir Tanaka! You mustn't!"

One of the guards brought his hands up to physically block Tanaka from reaching for the door.

"Why shouldn't I?"

The other guard looked at him with a worried expression, drops of sweat flowing from every pore on his face.

"They are outside..."

"Who?"

Just then, from beyond the door, the explicit yell of a man could be distinctly heard.

"HALT!"

Following this order, the sound of several dozen hard leather boots stomping on the ground in unison rang out. At that point, Tanaka was well aware of where the Parpaldians were and had an idea as to their intentions. Looking at the guards with a serious yet reassuring face, he spoke in a soft tone.

"I'll be alright. Now, if you'll excuse me."

Gently pushing the guard's hands aside, Tanaka reached out for the shining handles of the doors. Unlocking them through a swift flick of the wrists, he pushes the heavy wooden doors outwards, revealing the dusty scenery of the Jin-Hark streets. Beyond the solid barricades manned by armed civilian guards were the figures of crimson-uniformed soldiers in formation, their well-polished rifles resting on their shoulders. The row of soldiers faced their building with empty expressions as if robotic and servant to whatever orders were thrown at them. In front of this neat display of martial discipline were four figures: an officer with his issued saber in hand, two soldiers brandishing the Parpaldian flag and their unit's flag, and a woman whose gown matched the colors of the parade.

Tanaka stepped forth, out of the building and onto the city. He continued towards the barricade, maintaining in his posture and disposition the image of a man of diplomacy afforded by his elegant suit. Onlookers stared at him, his snappy movements reinforcing their impression of a no-nonsense Japan. On the other hand, the woman in flashy scarlet stepped forward to meet him, her own proud disposition a clear match for the serious image exuded by Tanaka.

The two diplomats stopped their advances just shy of the barricade that separated them from getting closer. Both parties stood imposingly still, their poker face expressions an empty wall for the other to gaze unto. Their eyes moved ever so subtly in inspecting the others' appearance and character, sowing the seeds of what will eventually become mutual respect between the two countries. Even though there was little tension to speak of in between the two, third-party onlookers were witnessing a different scene altogether: a silent showdown between the region's established power and a nascent newcomer.

Having grown dissatisfied with the silence, Tanaka did not hesitate in breaking the silence. Already well-versed in Asheran common due to his constant meetings with the local lords, he spoke with confidence.

"Greetings from the nation of Japan. I am Tanaka, and I am bestowed with the authority and responsibility to represent my nation and its government. Pardon me, but to whom exactly am I speaking to?"

Internally, Raita was fuming that her high-level Japanese counterpart did not know who she was.

This man...!!!

Still, she, too, did not know who he was. It was only fair after all, and Raita convinced herself as she calmed down. If the imperial government's assumption that they were a powerful nation were to be believed, then it is only natural to assume that the Japanese have also done their research on them. Opening her mouth, she presented herself with less pompousness than one would expect from an imperial diplomat.

"You may call me madam Raita, sir Tanaka. If it is not yet clear from the show of power we have brought and the imperial red and gold that are staring at you in the face, then it cannot be helped. I represent the glorious empire of Parpaldia, the only recognized power of the Third Civilized Region!"

She raised her right hand towards the Parpaldian flag to her right, a visual cue for officer Marcus behind her to order his men.

"PRESENT ARMS!"

In a terrifying display of rigorous discipline, the Parpaldian soldiers promptly took their rifles and ceremoniously held them upright in front of their faces. The swift motions of the imperial soldiers were followed by goosebump-inducing synchronicity, their movements as sharp as the bayonets fixed onto their rifles. The Parpaldian flag was held high, the magnificent imperial crest fluttering proudly in the wind.

This subtle show of martial intimidation had onlookers feeling even more inferior, but their intended recipient wasn't them. The Japanese side maintained their firm and august appearance, unfazed by the Parpaldian movement to an almost insulting degree.

Still wearing his poker face, Tanaka responded to Raita.

"Well met, madam Raita of the empire of Parpaldia. Now, may I inquire as to why you are here?"

Tanaka stopped short of mentioning the neutrality clause in the Treaty of Gim, which disallows any armed force from stepping foot on neutral Jin-Hark. He was also well aware of the clause's ambiguity in not clarifying whether armed forces of non-signatories such as Parpaldia are counted, which allows room for interpretation. Still, it was also in Parpaldia's character to actively participate in intense saber-rattling, so it was hard to tell whether or not they were aware of the clause at all when bringing their army to bear.

"I am here on behalf of His Majesty, Emperor Ludius, to cordially invite your country as a guest at the Proclamation Day celebrations in Esthirant. This also doubles as a formal meeting between our two nations."

One of her servants walked up to Tanaka and extended his hands outwards, at the end of which was a fashionably designed envelope of red with gold outlines. Upon hearing Raita's statement, the crowd of onlookers erupted into hushes amongst themselves, unable to contain their surprise at the unexpected outcome of the standoff.

"The Parpaldians are inviting them to Proclamation Day?! Aren't the invitations reserved for only the great powers?"

"This is an interesting development. I can't wait to see how the Japanese diplomat will react!"

"What an unusual stance for them to take. I wonder what exactly it is they're thinking..."

As Tanaka formally accepted the invitation on behalf of Japan, the page was turned onto a new chapter for the entirety of the region.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Tokyo, Japan, 17:30

Foreign Affairs minister Agano Kenzo, leaning back on his leathery, reclining office chair, waited for prime minister Takamori to pick up the phone. With the handset against his right ear, he listened in on every ringing beep, his heartbeat seemingly in sync.

Toot... Toot... Toot...

His eyes darted towards his desktop monitor. On it was an email, the text of which was too small to read from Agano's reclined position, but he already knew what it contained. Just before lunch earlier that day, their personnel stationed in the diplomatic mission in Jin-Hark was abruptly visited by a contingent of the Parpaldian military, which turned out to be escorting a diplomat, who handed over an invitation to one of their celebrations in the capital on top of a formal meeting to establish relations.

Agano spent several minutes brooding over the email, which included the contents of the invitation. The Foreign Affairs ministry was still stuck over which method to best approach the Parpaldians without unnecessary diplomatic escalations from unforeseen consequences. They reckoned that the means with which they established contact with other nations was too straightforward, which proved non-problematic due to the humble nature of their counterparts, but this was not something they could expect from Parpaldia. What happened was that it was their counterparts who approached them instead, and while it certainly made their jobs easier, preparing for the meeting was an entirely different can of worms altogether.

"Hmmm..."

A hearty sigh fitting for a heavy heart he's bearing right now. Just then, the ringing beeps abruptly stopped as the electronic voice of the prime minister echoed through the speaker.

"Yes?"

Reflexively fixing his posture at the sound of his voice, Agano responded.

"Prime minister! Forgive me for this unexpected call, but we have just received word from our diplomats in Jin-Hark."

"What? The Lourians decided to throw a fit? Heh, it might be an impetus for the Diet to reconsider what they're currently doing..."

Takamori took the opportunity to throw shade at his critics at the Diet, who was now pushing for greater limits to his powers after their controversial stunt with Operation Zanzibar.

"No, prime minister. The Parpaldians have contacted us, inviting us to their "Proclamation Day" celebrations, on top of a formal meeting to establish diplomatic and trade relations."

"Oh? Hm. We'll have to go over the particulars of this event and what their plans are. Did they allow for a diplomatic channel through which we could contact them for clarifications and adjustments?"

"Yes. The diplomat they've sent over, a certain madam Raita, has mentioned that she will stay in Jin-Hark as an intermediary for their government in Esthirant."

"Good. Let's settle on tomorrow for the meeting."

"Of course."

Putting the handset back on the receiver to end the call, Agano exhaled another hearty sigh. He couldn't stop rubbing his forehead, probably a subconscious way of letting out anxiety, as he pondered his ever-increasing workload. His thoughts went elsewhere, followed by his attention, then his body as he swiveled his chair to look outside. Beyond the safety of the glass window was the still turbulent city of Tokyo, a shining example of what happens to a globalized metropolis on critical life support. Even from his relatively distant office, he could make out the wailing sirens coming from various parts of the city and the ambiance that has become commonplace since their transfer. While there were indeed credible risks in dealing with the hegemonic Parpaldians, they also offered equally credible opportunities for them as an industrial power with a sizable population that was willing to establish commerce with them. They may be the sustainable solution to their still-continuing economic woes.

"Gods... This better work."

Cent. Calendar 15/07/1639, north of Jin-Hark, 9:00

With the month of Sivsly, the seventh lunar cycle on the solar Imperial Central Calendar, halfway past, the summer heat felt as if it was at its climax. Even at 9 in the morning, the blazing heat coming from the oblique-angled sun was already intense, made worse by the little cloud cover that existed. Sailors made for cover under the shadows of their ship's rigging and masts as they lay anchored along the ever-busy harbor of Jin-Hark. The spectacle of the arid, desert-like landscape and palette of the Lourian territory was slightly distorted by the hot air radiating out of the solid ground, exacerbating the searing, scorching sensation felt by everyone.

"Why the hell are we even here..."

"We were supposed to wait for a ship or something. I don't know..."

Two Parpaldian navy sailors were chatting away with one another as they washed the wooden decks of their ship, the ironclad Ludaine. Disgruntled with their posts, they silently groaned as they tried to sweep the deck with their mops, desperate to get the surfaces clean before the washing agents evaporated in the intense Rodenian heat.

"Ah, now I remember! We're here to escort the delegation of that new nation... Japan, was it? Whatever. I don't really get why the government is going all out for a newcomer like them."

"Right? But hey, at least we are getting paid for this... shit. Although, honestly, I don't really see why they'd give a fuck over some nation that's likely another barbarian outfit."

The two swung their heads, looking for signs of their superiors coming to check on them and sending them to sanitary ops below deck as punishment for their "anti-government sentiments."

"Hmph. Imagine my surprise when I heard we were going to be sent to Rodenius to come to escort a delegation from a peripheral nation... Hah! They're sending one of the navy's flashiest new ships to escort a barbarian delegation?!"

They couldn't contain their laughter, even as they toiled away on the decks.

"Look at this beast of a warship! A hull built completely out of quality steel... Even though it still has sails, the propulsion is now more dependent on a mana gem-powered engine... Above all of that, it is indigenously built!"

One of them exclaimed with gleaming pride, an extension of their high self-regard by being a sailor of the dignified imperial navy.

In spite of his remarks on the Ludaine being indigenously built, the technologies behind most of the ship's construction were either imported from Mu or the Holy Mirishial Empire, or partially bestowed by the latter in their bid to strengthen ties with Parpaldia. This included the technologies behind the construction of better quality steel, the mana circuitry that allows for the operation of the engine, and better fire control methodologies for their new guns. This was not to discount the effort of Parpaldian shipbuilders and home-based industrial prowess, however, as these were mostly supplements to knowledge that the Parpaldians independently came up with; a product of their countless mistakes and indomitable perseverance.

"I still get goosebumps from being on this kinda ship! Those barbarian wooden-hulled ones are but ants to this beauty of Parpaldian power!"

The two felt a sense of national pride ebbing from their hearts, which subconsciously drove their bodies to pour more effort into scrubbing the deck. As they continued with their mundane task, they caught a glance of their fellow sailors running across the deck towards the starboard side, where they amassed into a crowd. They looked at one another with curious expressions.

"What do you think's happening?"

"Let's go check it out!"

Just as they were about to ditch their sanitary tools, the low, loud sound of a blaring foghorn reached their eardrums.

HONK!!!

The blast of modulated air vibrations left an indescribable impression on those who heard it, including the two Parpaldian sailors, who now hurriedly joined their comrades in looking for the source. Standing on the edge of the Ludaine's taffrails, they looked out across the ocean to their right, which was populated by numerous sail vessels from peripheral nations. In the midst of them all was a small caravel that was hurriedly changing direction to avoid collision with an extremely conspicuous white vessel. The more the Parpaldian sailors examined it, the more they were baffled.

"Is that... a ship?!"

Narrowly avoiding collision with the caravel, the white vessel was, in turn, turning starboard, unintentionally showing to the Parpaldian onlookers how long it actually was. Unlike the Ludaine, the white vessel was completely devoid of sails and instead had a single funnel painted sea blue that was spitting out near-transparent smoke in comparison to the heavy black smoke produced by the Ludaine's two funnels. Despite this, it was moving at a speed that bafflingly challenged theirs. At first glance, the white vessel didn't seem to have armaments, but eagle-eyed individuals recognized small turrets on the ship's forecastle, which seemed to be armed with minuscule guns. As the vessel turned ever slightly to starboard, the sailors were able to catch sight of a text scribbled across its side just above the waterline, written in a script that was alien to them.

"Who are these people?!"

The sailors were chatting amongst themselves regarding the nationality of the peculiar, somewhat futuristic vessel that had appeared. Then, they heard the familiar yell of their captain coming from behind them.

"Alright, lads, back to your stations! It appears that the Japanese delegation has arrived!"

The sailors all simultaneously turned their heads towards their captains, their eyes almost popping out of their sockets as their lips mouthed a silent "whaaaat???"

"Those are the ones we've been waiting for? What in the–?!"

"Are we really dealing with a peripheral, barbarian nation?!"

"I feel like we're being tricked!"

Most of the sailors found it excruciatingly difficult to wrap their heads around the situation. Returning to their posts just as they were ordered to, they continued to try and make sense of what was happening, subconsciously in denial of what they witnessed. In spite of their lingering disbelief, they went on to execute their duties as sailors of the imperial navy.

Having arrived outside the harbor of Jin-Hark, the Shikishima patrol vessel of the Japan Coast Guard, ferrying the Japanese delegation to Parpaldia, began communicating with the Ludaine to commence the long journey north towards the imperial capital, Esthirant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 643 27
August 22 1999, Wäldereich Federation just launching its new warship, suddenly the sky blanketed by bright white light. After several seconds of unce...
3.5K 167 13
The 2040s, a fresh scent of war is filling the air. The Republika ng Pilipinas finds itself in a precarious position amid rising geopolitical tension...
2.7K 134 12
It's the year 1977, After the First Oil Crisis, and the US Oil Market is still recovering. Suddenly, The Contiguous US got transferred to the complet...
2.1K 82 6
The year was 2000, and humanity found itself on the precipice of destruction. The opening of several warp gates heralded the arrival of several empir...