"i don't belive you" (scaramo...

By _jigu_

your life is about to change a lot, when one of your high school friends introduce you to her friends. "i jus... More

/!\ notes
Chapter 0.1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
idk, wanna let you guys know about this
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
a little tiny change
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Interlude: finally new info!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Disclaimer /!\
Chapter 30

Chapter 0.2

3.4K 86 332
By _jigu_

You warmed up to them in the two hours of intense reviewing of the last lesson, and the not so sporadic pauses and breaks you made, getting to know a little bit of each other.

Thoma, who looked like a bad guy with his tight black t-shirt and trousers, his brown boots and especially his chain hanging at the neck with one of those military badges, was actually a super nice and easygoing man, with "the only problem being his hard simping for Ayaka", as Yoimiya said. Not that you had any idea of who this Ayaka was. Another friend of them, you supposed.

Saying Gorou surprised you is belittling. He looked like a puppy, despite being older than you, with those round and big turquoise eyes and that thing of his to pout so often and being flustered even more, tugging to his oversized hoodie that matched his eye's color. But he actually was super serious, focusing so much that he had his eyebrows always frowned. And more importantly, he was the soldier one. Well, not really, he just attempted the military academy for two years, and that explained the age gap, but he was always one of the bests of the entire academy. You didn't inquire on the reason why he left despite being so good. Maybe one day you would have found out.

Yoimiya revealed herself to be exactly who you expected her to be: basically, another Hu Tao. And you loved that, there's never enough Hu Tao magic, the more the marrier. It didn't surprise you how deep the bond between the two girls was, after just a couple of months. Hu Tao even gifted a butterfly necklace to Yoimiya, and the blonde girl said she always wears it. You found it extremely cute, especially considering the love Hu Tao has for butterflies and how she calls every close friend of her "my cute little butterfly".

Kazuha seemed to be Gorou's best friend, being able to make him beam and sparkle with just a smile or a couple of words. And you soon understood why. The white-haired boy, with a red highlight on his right side, was such a pleasant presence. His low and calming voice making you forget all of your problems and almost being able to make you drift from reality and daydream about wonderful natural views. And not only his way of talking was magical, but he even knew his way with words pretty well. Gorou mentioned his poems and poetry, and though Kazuha was too flustered to acknowledge his talent or let you hear something, suddenly you understood why everything the boy said sounded so poetical.

You thought he and Fishl would have deep conversations about all that beautiful, yet to you unknown, stuff. Your friend was taking literature classes and was so fond of books that she doubled the number of stories you read in your entire life in only a week. Not that it didn't show, sometimes she was so caught up in reading to barely sleep, causing her to gain terrible dark circles and to talk a little bit too classy and old style like her books. When that happened, no one couldn't even grasp the meaning of half her sentences.

The only person at that table that day you didn't get to know at all was Scaramouche. Honestly, you didn't even know why he was there. Through the whole study session, he didn't speak once nor listened to one of you. He was just studying by himself. From time to time, you felt his judging gaze on you, making you feel uncomfortable and a bit too self-conscious. Fortunately, there was never a moment of silence, so your attention always drifted from him. He continued writing and highlighting even when the 6 of you were chatting, occasionally sighting letting you know you were disturbing him. But no one really cared.

When you said it was time for a snack break, asking everyone what they wanted, he didn't lift his eyes from the papers, ignoring you. Rude, you found him rude and childish. But that had to be all just a façade, and you wanted to see thought it, you wanted to see his true colors. It was not possible that he was only what he appeared to be. After all, no one is. In fact, it made you smile hearing him following you and Thoma to the cafeteria right after not even answering your question. You and the blonde guy where basically buying everything from the vending machine, all sort of snacks and energy drinks, when Scaramouche ordered a black coffee from the drink machine next to you. Thoma shook his head with a smile after eyeing the guy, and you silently agreed with his thoughts: so childish. Scaramouche didn't look at you, like you both were strangers, and left with his sad black coffee off to his notes once again.

When two hours passed, everyone beside you headed to their lesson, after cleaning up the mess you did. Getting everything back into their bags and saying you goodbye, between hugs and phrases such as "It was nice to meet you", "I miss you already" (Hu Tao, dramatic as ever) and "Till tomorrow". Well, everyone beside the black and red dressed grumpy boy, who yeeted everything in his backpack and ran off with a dry "Bye" as soon as the bell rang. Not that you expected anything different, honestly. Maybe he hated all that so much that he wouldn't come along next time. You didn't know if you wanted that to happen or not, though.

You had no other lessons, so you got out of the building, wishing the guard a good evening, and went on your train, with your head full of thoughts: <<Today was so nice, I didn't expect it to turn out so good. We were productive but I feel like I also made some new friends. Oh archons, I know I'm here to study, but that would be really nice! I barely have a life, I could really use some more friends! Let's just hope I didn't make a bed impression on them... I mean I didn't do anything wrong, beside that time I almost tripped on my own foot... and when I was about to ask if Yoimiya and Thoma were together, before hearing about Ayaka... but maybe they found my voice annoying, or my personality boring... ahhhh, I'm definitely overthinking, there's nothing I can do now anymore in any case. By the way, Hu Tao could have told me she wanted to bring her friends too! Why didn't she?! What could have happened?!". You paused your brain for a moment, to open your home door, to say hi to your parents and answer their usual questions about your day.

The way home took some time, as usual, and dinner was almost ready. You couldn't help but think about how your body took you home after going in auto-pilot mode, while you were lost in your world. Thank Celestia nothing happened on your way.

After having dinner, you went to study a bit, but you lasted only half an hour. You were exhausted and decided to take a break checking your phone. To your surprise, you had so many notifications you could scroll them down from the lock screen. That never happens to you. For one time, you thanked your forgetful brain for not turning on the sound, it would have been really annoying during dinner or your attempt to study.

When you opened the messaging app, you saw 4 different chats lit up: the group chat with your friends, Hu Tao's dm, an unknown group chat and a single message from an unknown number. Looking at the screen for a couple of seconds, you decided to go with the known ones first, Hu Tao and then the gc.

{a/n: at the end, i decided to get rid of the time in the msgs, especially in long chats it gets redundant and just invasive}

who tao

ya ya y/n!

sorry if i didn't warn you beforehand, you would have either panicked or chickened out, don't deny it

but at the end of the day

it seems you had fun

right? hihihi, don't think i didn't notice you! 😏😉

y/n

yeah, maybe you're right, not telling me in advance was a good idea... 😔

and yeah i had fun, i like em!

but wth are you talking about?! noticed what?!

she replied immediately, almost like she was waiting for your response. you knew it wasn't like that, she always replied in a heartbeat, but you never failed to get surprised.

who tao

uh huh

keep faking ignorance girl

maybe one day i'll fall for that hihihi

not today tho

y/n

i seriously don't know what you're referring to...

should i worry?

be scared?

who tao

i also told the gurls

so

1 we all already know, no point denying it

and

2 if you reeeeaaalllyyyy are that dense, go check the gc

you'll find your answers

uhhh i feel so powerful and wise, like the master of the hero in a movie hihihi

y/n

ugh, ok gonna head to the gc

at least i'll know what you're talking about

you crazy girl

'*•.¸♡ 'MAMACITAS ♡¸.•*

who tao

oh ya! oh ya!

guuuurrrlllssss!!

assembleeeee!

i have spicy news!!!

midnight girl

spill the tea

she protecc

what is it this time?

hope you didn't stalk anyone today

who tao

jeaaannn shhhh

that was supposed to be our secret

and it happened only once

but no dw

so

me and y/n have a lesson in common

and we decided to study together like old days

but yk

where's the fun, right?

so i invited my friends too

she protecc

omg, that turned out bad for sure

who tao

noooo

that's not truuueeee!!!

midnight girl

jean, let her finish

who tao

fishl, loml, you're distracting me too

midnight girl

sorry, sorry, resume

who tao

as i said, i brought my friends too

i knew one of them would have catched y/n's attention

and that's exactly what happeneeeeeedddd!!!

i'm so proud of myself

midnight girl

ok, elaborate on that

she protecc

yeah, that didn't give us much informations

who tao

okokok, i'll give you more details but you'll have to get to the conclusions by yourself

it's funnier like this

it's like a minigame

anyway

he's a grumpy one

he seems always angry

he never treats smn kindly

you know where i'm going right?

she protecc

oh archons...

i think i'm starting to see a pattern here

midnight girl

yes, there's definitely a pattern

and a rather not pleasant one

but i guess we should be kind of happy for y/n

it's been so long

since the last one

who tao

exactlyyyyyy!!!!

i knew you gurls would have catched up on this!

you should have seen her eyeing him

like, every 10 minutes

for 2 hours straight

she protecc

that's some real tea we have right here

but let's wait for y/n

wanna see what she has to say

midnight girl

probably deny it for the first 2-3 days

and then surrender and face reality

unless this time she... yk

who tao

oh archons

no

not that

he's such an asshole

she protecc

isn't he one of your friends, hu tao?

who tao

yes, but he's still an asshole

midnight girl

let's wait for @y/n

who tao

@y/n

she protecc

@y/n

y/n

wtf hu tao?! are you saying i have a crush on scaramouche?!

who tao

she's in denial

she protecc

what's new

no ok that sounded a bit too harsh

y/n

jean! tf?!

she protecc

sorry, sorry!

tho, i'm right

midnight girl

yeah, she's right...

y/n

ugh...

there's no reasoning with you girls...

but what's this "pattern" thing?

who tao

we know your type now

like, for sure

no way out if it this time

y/n

my type?! you're joking right? i don't have a type

you know i don't like the concept of it...

it means you'll search for those things, but maybe your true one is totally different

there shouldn't be any mental limitation to love, when it happens it happens, whoever the other one might be

she protecc

real pan speech

who tao

fr, we stan

midnight girl

ok, what you said abt limits is true

but you can't say you don't have a type

she protecc

^

who tao

^

midnight girl

let's forget about this new dude for a moment, scawamuce or whatever

who tao

ahahah! scawamuce!

i'm changing his contact name

like, rn

y/n

his name is a bit difficult, we gotta admit that

midnight girl

but then what do you have to say about your previous crushes?

diluc

xiao

that guys from the other school we still don't know how's called to this day

even albedo in some sort of ways

they all share a stoic appearance with a bit of an attitude

ok albedo didn't have any attitude, he was just strange

but do you get what we mean?

y/n

...

she protecc

i wouldn't say "stoic" but ok

more like edgy grumpy emo boys

who tao

jean, you got straight to the point hihihi

y/n

ok i admit defeat

the fact is

they're interesting

not my fault

midnight girl

yeah yeah, we do not want to know why you liked them

we've had enough at the time

who tao

and now

beside the unknown dude

we're all friends

it would be strange

and everything is in the past

she protecc

that might be true

but i still wanna hear why she likes this new dude

y/n

i never said i like him!

but thanks jean for getting things back on track

midnight girl

why you thanking her?

who tao

yup, you didn't want to talk about him, and now😏

she protecc

well, talking about ex-crushes might be uncomfortable

y/n

exactly, thanks jean. again

who tao

you have something to say, jean? 😏

she protecc

... no...?

y/n

anyway, i never said i didn't want to talk about him

midnight girl

oh? is she realizing it already?

she protecc

i doubt it

who tao

^

y/n

i just said i didn't want to talk abt how i have a crush on him, cuz that's not true, bs

she protecc

point. made

y/n

but i'll admit he's an interesting one, he poked my attention

who tao

oh so

you liked your ex-crushes

because they were interesting

and now there's this dude

(absolutely your type)

who's also interesting

but you don't have a crush on him?

hihihi, this sound like bs to me

she protecc

girls i gtg now

sorry

let's see where we'll be in a couple of days

who tao

cyaaaa jeaaannnn!!!

luv ya gurrllll!!!

midnight girl

bye jean, till next time

y/n

byeeee!

who tao

ok back to us

y/n

yeah that's some shit you said

every square is a rectangle, but that does not mean every rectangle is a square

midnight girl

pls, no math in here

thank you

who tao

fishl, that's elementary level

midnight girl

i don't care what level it is

it makes me nauseous regardless

y/n

ok, sorry fishl

but you get what i mean?

who tao

yeah, yeah, whatever

you're no fun

just admit it for once

y/n

ugh

i hate it here

i'm leaving

i won't change your mind anyway

and i gtg

midnight girl

ok bye y/n too!

keep us noted tho

who tao

toodles!!!

y/n

yeah, sure, sure

byeee girlsss ❤️ ❤️

You sighted as you closed the app and locked the screen. You knew they were right, the chances for you to catch some sort of feelings for Scaramouche were high. But you wouldn't allow it, you wanted just to know him more, gaining his trust and not going further than a friendship. What you didn't care to take into account at the time was the fact that feelings can't be controlled.

With another sight, you unlocked the phone and opened again the app. You didn't forget the other two chats, the ones you knew nothing about. You started with the group chat, since you figured what that was by the name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 1.6K 22
"We've been in love with each other ever since childhood, but if I may ask. May I have your son's hand in marriage?" → Male reader; he/him pronouns →...
49.4K 2K 25
"What does it even mean to be the bad guy? What defines the word bad anyway." Y/n wakes up in a world she knows all to well, Teyvat. When she explore...
691K 30.3K 45
❝ WILL YOU TAKE ME AS YOUR BRIDE? ❞ »----------✄ A year after you heard rumors of something happening to your old childhood friend, someone had att...
40.3K 1.3K 35
The ability to lucid dream into different worlds is a strong one though you might have realized too late that this ability of yours might be the reas...