I Wanna Be Yours (Jean Kirste...

נכתב על ידי 3mooie

{Jean Kirstein x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful own... עוד

One (1) - Just His Friend
Two (2) - A Sudden Visitor
Three (3) - Who is Y/n's Crush?
Four (4) - Lost Stars
Five (5) - Stolen First Kiss
Six (6) - Scout Veterans
Seven (7) - Leave
Nine (9) - Don't Die
Ten (10) - Battle of Trost Arc
Eleven (11) - Battle of Trost Arc (II)
Twelve (12) - Battle of Trost Arc (III)
Thirteen (13) - Wings of Freedom
Fourteen (14) - The Right Person
Fifteen (15) - Monster
If AoT had Twitter ft. Y/n and Payne
If AoT had Twitter ft. Y/n and Payne (2)
Sixteen (16) - Trust
Seventeen (17) - Her Question
Eighteen (18) - The 57th Expedition
Nineteen (19) - The 57th Expedition (II)
Twenty (20) - Raid in Stohess
Twenty-One (21) - Raid in Stohess (II)
Twenty-Two (22) - How To Let Go
Twenty-Three (23) - Utgard Castle
Twenty-Four (24) - Beast Titan
Twenty-Five (25) - Traitors
Twenty-Six (26) - Over
Twenty-Seven (27) - The Mission to Retrieve Eren
Twenty-Eight (28) - The Mission To Retrieve Eren (II)
Twenty-Nine (29) - The Mission To Retrieve Eren (III)
Thirty (30)
Thirty-One (31) - Important
Thirty-Two (32) - Family
Thirty-Three (33) - Overthrow
Thirty-Four (34) - Coup d'état
Thirty-Five (35) - Interior Police
Thirty-Six (36) - Royal Family
Thirty-Seven (37) - Make You Feel My Love
Thirty-Eight (38) - Kenny Ackerman
Thirty-Nine (39)
Forty (40) - Betrayal
Forty-One (41) - The Truth
Forty-Two (42) - Forget
Forty-Three (43) - Pain
Forty-Four (44) - Massacred
Forty-Five (45) - Revenge
Forty-Six (46) - At Death's Door
Forty-Seven (47) - Perfect Dream
Forty-Eight (48) - Stay Here
Forty-Nine (49) - Vulnerable
Fifty (50) - Under The Moonlight
Fifty-One (51) - The Reclamation of Wall Maria
Fifty-Two (52) - The Reclamation of Wall Maria (II)
Fifty-Three (53) - Denial and Anger
Fifty-Four (54) - Just Accept It
Fifty-Five (55) - Subjects of Ymir
Fifty-Six (56) - I Wanna Be Yours
To My Dearest Readers...
Sequel of I Wanna Be Yours

Eight (8) - Boyfriend

2.3K 88 204
נכתב על ידי 3mooie

{Long Chapter Ahead - 8,510 words}

Two weeks have already passed ever since the mock defense drill of the southern 104th cadet corps trainees in the town of Trost disrtrict.

The cooking battle between Sasha and Jean was a success. Jean won despite of his dish onoy being an omelette.

It's all thanks to his mom. Jean won because of her mom's dish, and his favorite and childhood food.

A simple omelette easily beat the delicious meat that Sasha and her group cooked for the cooking battle.

And after the cooking battle between the Sasha and Jean, the young man decided to pay his mother a visit.

Jean apologized for his rudeness towards his mother, he also thanked her for giving him an inspiration.

Mrs. Kirstein was very happy that Jean came back home, and that her son is back his old self that have always been such a sweet boy to her.

Her dearest lovely, Jean-boy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's still early in the morning, the sun hasn't risen yet but Jean's already awake. They don't even have training for the day since it's their  day-off.

Jean quietly made his way to the bathroom. Hr took a bath then changed into his clean casual clothes.

After preparing himself, Jean went out of their dorm, and made his way to the back of their training camp.

When he arrived at his and Y/n's secret and favorite spot, Jean was stunned upon seeing Y/n sitting near the stream. Her legs and feet are soaked in the stream while she's staring at the stream and throwing little pebbles on the fresh water.

The wind gently blew making Y/n's hair to be blown by the wind. Jean pursued his lips as he stared at Y/n's side profile. He felt his heart feeling light as he watched her h/l h/c hair being blown by the wind.

He watched how Y/n slowly tucked some thin strands of her hair at the back of her ears, how she closed her eyes welcoming the wind on her face and how she looks so peaceful feeling the wind. The only thing that Jean can hear is his heart strangely beating fast and loud. The surroundings is noisy because the leaves of the trees, and the dry leaves on the grounds are also being blown by the wind. How could she sit there and do nothing, but still look so alluring? Jean thought.

"How long are you planning to stand there and just stare at me, creep?"

Jean came back to his senses when Y/n spoke. He felt heat crawled onto his face. The h/c girl looked at him with nothing, but a stoic expression.

She's been like that ever since Jean told her those hurtful words 2 week ago. Y/n have been trying her best to avoid Jean, and that makes Jean to feel frustrated, guilty and upset.

He knows very well that it's his fault.

Jean frowned and looked away.

Y/n noticed the slight shade of pink on Jean's cheeks, but the h/c girl just  brushed it off, thinking that maybe it's just one of her silly delusions.

Y/n let out a heavy sigh. She got her legs and feet off from the stream.

Y/n then stood up and was about to go, but she was surprised when the young man had already gotten hold of her wrist to stop her from leaving.

The h/c girl didn't look back at Jean, she just stared at nowhere with wide eyes. With just one touch from her best friend, her heart's a fluterring mess. And she hates it. She hates how much effect Jean has on her. "I'm sorry. Please stop avoiding me now."

Jean sighed and let go of Y/n's hand. Though, he quickly held both of Y/n's shoulder and made her to face him. He was a surprised when he saw that Y/n's eyes are glossy. "Wha...why are you crying?" Jean asked, he's suddenly nervous because he thinks that maybe it's because of him...again.

Jean panicked a little when Y/n's tears were released from her eyes. "Hey...! I'm sorry! What did I do now?!" Jean asked. He stared at Y/n with wide-eyes and mouth slight-opened. "Y/n?!"

Y/n suddenly bursted out laughing. Now Jean looks so confused as hell. The girl in front of him is crying while laughing. It's scarier than their instructor's natural scary demeanor.

"Idiot!" Y/n said, still laughing. The h/c girl wiped her tears and laughed even more. "You look like you're gonna shit your pants! I love that look on your face, Jean-boy!" Y/n said. She held her stomach because it's already hurting from too much laughing. The h/c girl suddenly stopped laughing when she noticed the unamused look on Jean.

She scoffed and then pursued her lips. Y/n kept her hands on the back, while Jean's still holding her shoulders. Y/n stared at Jean with an uncertain look. "What? Why are you staring? You're making me uncomforable." Y/n said.

"Are you still mad at me?" Jean asked.

Y/n raised a brow. Her face showed an evident look of sarcasm. She didn't say anything and just stared at Jean.

"Answer me, Y/n." Jean said.

Y/n sighed then rolled her eyes.

The h/c girl removed Jean's hands on her shoulders and then turned her back on Jean. "I'm...not mad at you anymore. Just promise me you won't say things like those anymore."

Jean bit his lower lip. "I'm sorry. I promise I won't hurt you with my words anymore." Jean said.

Y/n looked at Jean, she saw the sincerity on his eyes, and it's all what Y/n needed. Jean's sincerity. A small smile crept onto Y/n's lips. "Okay. I'll remember your promise." Y/n said.

Y/n walked towards Jean, Jean was stunned when Y/n tiptoed and hugged him. He felt his heart fluttering, and his breath hitched. Y/n closed her eyes as she secretly seek comfort from her best friend. "We're good now. Let's get over that already." Y/n whispered.

Why was his heart fluttering?

Jean's wondering why, too.

It's not like it's the first time Y/n hugged him, but this time he felt a strange feeling. It felt like it has a meaning. It's not only a hug. It's affection. A deep affection he never felt before from Y/n or even from himself. "You know, I can't let you leave. No, I don't want you to leave."

"Why?" Y/n asked, her tone sounded hopeful. She was hoping that the reason is just like what she thinks.

Jean let out a sigh. He closed his eyes and slowly brought his hands up to hug Y/n back. The moment his arms are wrapped around Y/n's waist, Y/n felt her heart beating even more fast.

But Y/n couldn't care less. Right now, it doesn't matter if Jean notices it and ask her why her heart's fluttering. She's already at the point where she's ready to tell Jean how she really feels.

She's been keeping it for a long time.

How long must she wait to tell him how she feels towards him?

Until when will she keep her love for Jean hidden from Jean, himself?

"I don't want to lose a family. You're like my sister already. How can I let my sister leave me alone?" Jean asked.

Y/n slowly blinked, her courage to tell Jean how she feels dropped down. She bitterly smiled and nod. I don't want... "Okay. I understand." Y/n said. She let go of Jean, and smiled at him. I don't want to become your family, nor your sister...why can't you see that? "I'll go first. I have some things to do." Y/n said. She quickly turned her back on Jean then run away. Jean let out a small chuckle when Y/n almost fell.

But Jean's chuckle suddenly stopped, and his smile faded when he suddenly felt wrong about the reason he said. Jean's wondering why he suddenly didn't like what he said. Jean looked at the sky. "Family...? Sister...? Huh...?" Jean just sighed and shook his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- One Week Later -

"At times like that you should rev it up, just for a second. That way you use the inertia and don't consume as much fuel." Jean said to his comrade that asked for his technique in using the vertical maneuvering gear.

Y/n's beside him and quietly eating her dinner. She shook her head when Jean smugly smirked. "Of course, that kind of move can't be pulled off just by anyone..." Jean arrogantly said.

Jeam continued on boasting and even laughed. "But 'cause I'm really good with vertical maneuvering...doesn't mean I want word to get around! Then completion'll get tougher." Jean said. Y/n was about to tell him to stop boasting, but someone already spoke.

"Hey...Jean..."

Jean, Y/n and everyone else looked at Eren who's looking at Jean with an annoyed and sarcastic look.

"What, Eren?" Jean asked.

"Damn it...don't you think it's crazy? This plan to improve titan-killing techniques by promising a life far away from the titans..." Eren said.

"Well...you may have a point...but that's reality, so all I can do is go with the flow. After all, they'll keep this stupid plan around for people like me." Jean said.

Y/n looked at Jean then Eren who're both glaring intensely at one another.

"Uh-oh..." Y/n said.

She knows what's coming next.

"You son of a bitch!!" Eren said as he aggressively stood up from his chair.

Jean stood up, too. "What, jealous because you don't have any talent?!"

"There they go again!"

"Not again!"

"Why don't they give it a rest?"

"Look!! Tell me how to beat the titans...when everyone with any potential shuts themselves up in the interior!!" Eren said.

"Well, don't complain to me...I mean..." Jean suddenly stopped.

Because hen he noticed Mikasa looking disappointed and the raven-haired girl even let out a deep sigh.

Y/n and Eren was surprised when Jean suddenly grabbed Eren's shirt.

"I've had it with you...!!" Jean said.

"Huh?!?" Eren said.

Eren gritted his teeth and glared at Jean when the young man didn't let go of his shirt. "Asshole. You grab me like that...my clothes are gonna rip!!"

"Who cares about your clothes?! I envy you!" Jean said.

Y/n stiffened on her place when she saw tears pooling on Jean's eyes.

She already knows why.

Y/n looked at Mikasa then looked at Jean and then looked at Eren.

Pathetic. It's a pathetic love triangle...

Y/n was alerted when Eren raised his fist, threatening to punch Jean.

"What are you saying? If you don't back off..." Eren stopped as his eyes widened as if he realized something.

Y/n already knew that Eren will attack Jean, so she quickly stoop up and pulled Jean away from Eren, so her best friend won't get hurt. But Y/n was surprised when Eren grabbed her right wrist and pushed her face by grabbing her neck. "Huh?!" Y/n was shocked when Eren kicked the back of her legs. Y/n fell on the ground, she let out a groan and shut her eyes because of the pain. Eren's eyes widened when he realized that it's Y/n he attacked.

Annie was also surprised because the technique that Eren used is hers.

"Y/n!!" Jean, Eren and everyone else said in unison. All of them are eyes wide-open and mouth in agape.

Jean and Eren quickly crouched on the h/c girl's side. Jean's on the left while Eren's on the right. They both held the h/c girls hand to help her up.

"I'm sorry I was aiming to attack horse-sace, but you suddenly came in between us!" Eren said.

Y/n sat up with the help of the two boys. She rubbed the back of her head that was hit on the floor. "Ow..." Y/n said. Even her back and butt hurts.

"Jackass! What the hell was that?!" Jean asked Eren.

Eren looked at him. He has the urge to do it again, but this time on Jean. "That...was a move I learned the hard way...while you were lying around. You say reality is living an easy life and giving in to your feelings. How can...you call yourself...a soldier?" Eren said, making everyone to stare at him, surprised by his words.

Jean then gritted his teeth and glared at Eren. "What'd you say about being a soldier?" Jean asked Eren.

Y/n's eyes widened when she noticed the door slowly opening. Jean and Eren quickly pulled her up and sat her down on the center chair of Eren's table. While Jean and Eren sat on her side. Armin gave his bread to Y/n, and the h/c girl pretended to be eating even though she still looks in pain.

Eren and Jean remained glaring at each other. "I just heard a loud noise here...can anyone give me an explantion...?" Instructor Shadis said. He walked in and roamed his eyes around to check what's happening.

Everyone are silent as they eyed their scarh inrtuctor. Y/n scoffed and raised her hand. "It was Sasha letting out a huge fart." Y/n said. She even has a funny serious look on her face.

Sasha looked at Y/n with disbelief. "Huh?!" Sasha said.

The other cadet trainees stiffled their laughter while their instructor covered his nose and mouth then looked at Sasha. "You again, eh...?" Sasha stared at Shadis with wide-eyes.  Then he turned around. "Learn some self-control." Shadis said then left.

Sasha stood up and run towards Y/n. She held her shoulder and shook her, while asking why she said that. Y/n just put a bread on Sasha's mouth to shut her up. "Sorry. Hehe." Y/n said.

"That was close, Jean. You almost lost your chance to become an MP...over a stupid fight!" Eren said to Jean with a cocky smirk plastered on his lips.

Jean also cockily smirked at Eren. "The trouble is...it's not over between us. But I can't afford to take care of thid here..." Jean said.

"I have an idea. We have time to scuffle out in the open, don't we? I'll wait until you're ready." Eren said.

Y/n sighed and shook her head, she rolled her eyes at Eren and Jean who're still glaring at each other like there's no tomorrow. If only glaring can kill a person, Y/n is sure the two boys are already dead right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why did you do that?" Jean asked
Y/n. The two of them are in the kitchen and helping each other in washing the dishes. Sasha and Connie are cleaning the kitchen while Ymir and Krista are cleaning the mess hall.

Their group are the assigned to clean the mess hall and the kitchen.

"Did what?" Y/n asked.

Her brows are furrowed as she looked at Jean. Then looked at the plates she's scrubbing with a dishwashing liquid and sponge. "Earlier. You stood in between me and Eren. You got yourself hurt, idiot. It should've been me that Eren attacked. Not you."

Y/n paused for a while. Her brows are still furrowed as she stare at the plate she's scrubbing. "Because I...uhh don't want...you to get hurt." Y/n said.

Jean stared at Y/n for a few moments. He scoffed when Y/n looked at him, then he immediately looked away.

"Why?" Jean asked, his brows are now also furrowed as he washed the plates Y/n scrubbed with a clean water.

"Back when we were still kids, you would always protect me from the bullies. You always step in between me and those kids who used to physically and verbally hurt me. Now, I want to return the favor." Y/n said.

Jean side-eyed Y/n, a small smile crept onto his lips when he saw Y/n smiling. "And I just don't really want you to get hurt. Because..." Y/n looked at Jean, and then the two stared at each other.

"Because...?" Jean said.

"Because you mean a lot to me."
Y/n said, her cheeks became hot, so she quickly looked away and just focused on scrubbing the plates. Jean scoffed as he nod his head, and continued his doing his ow task of washing the plates. The two then stayed quiet.

But the silence between the two broke when the young man spoke. "You mean a lot to me too...Y/n." Jean said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Time skip to Year 850 -

The rain is pouring hard, the ground is wet, slippery and muddy, yet the the southern 104th cadet corps trainees are still walking through it.

"What's wrong, Arlert? You're the only one behind! Is it too heavy for you?! Would you like to be the only one not carrying a pack?!" Shadis asked when he noticed Armin is alreadg having a hard time to catch up with his co-trainees. Shadis then went ahead, leaving Armin behind.

"Damn...ha...sh...shit..." Armin muttered under his heavy breathing.

"Give me that, Armin!"

The blond-boy looked at Reiner who took his pack. "Reiner..."

"At this rate, you'll fail!" Reiner said.

"B-but if you help me...then you'll fail, too!" Armin said.

"Make sure we don't get caught...! At least until I changed my mind!" Reiner said. Shadis side-eyed the two. He already knows that Reiner is helping Armin but he jusy ignored it.

Reiner Braun...he's strong as an ox and has the will to matxh. But more than anything, he's earned the trust of his comrades.

"I won't be a burden!! Even if I die trying!" Armin said and quickly took his pack from Reiner then run off.

"Wha...?! Hey!" Reiner said.

Armin Arlert....when it comes to physical strength, he doesn't measure up to soldier standards.

But I hear that in the classroom lectures, he's shown extra-ordinary imagination. If he acquited a sense of direction or perharps....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shadis in standing on a tall tree and watching the southern 104th cadet corps trainees fly around the forest and target their own titan dummies.

Jean groaned as he sliced off the a nape of a titan dummy, his cut was not deep enough, but when Annie and Bertolt came, they sliced it perfectlty.

Shit! Annie and Bertolt got it again... Jean thought.

Annie Leonhary...the angle of  approach of her slashing attack is impeccable...she carves deeply into the target. Personality-wise, she tends to be a loner and has trouble cooperating.

Bertolt Hoover...he's mastered every single skill that's been taught...and I believe he has a loy of potential...but he lacks drive and tends to leave decisions to others.

Jean gritted his teeth as he look at Annie. I can't cut deep as her...at this rate...I'll have to earn points by finding the "titans" first! Jean thought.

Annie was surprised when Jean used more gas and went ahead of her.

I'll be the one in the military police brigade! Jean thought.

Jean Kirstein...he has a deep understanding of the vertical maneuvering equipment and excels at exploiting that skill...he can also take in a situation at a moments glance, but his personality is like a drawn sword, which tends to create conflict.

Jean's eyes widened when he saw a titan dummy. Found one!! He hooked his wires onto it. This time, I'll be the one to-- Jean was surprised when Connie appeared and rushed to his target. Jeam gritted his teeth and glared at Connie's back. Connie!! That bastard... Connie smirked as he side-eyed Jean. Tailing him was a good idea! Connie thought. "Thanks, Jean!"

Connie Springer...he has a fine sense of balance and is effective at vertical maneuering. However, he's got a slow mind and often makes stategic mistakes.

Connie brought himself up and was about to slice the titan dummy's nape, but he was surprised when someone already did it. "What...?!" Connie said.
"Yahooo!!" Sasha happily said and raised her blades as she let herself fall. "Sasha!! Got it!!" Connie said.

Sasha Braus...she moves quickly and has remarkable instinctd...but she has issues with structure, making her ill-suited for organized activity.

"What the hell?!" Connie said.

"Following you from above paid off, Connie!!" Sasha said.

"Damn it! Quit following me!" Jean said.

"Yeah, Sasha! Quit following us!" Connie had the audacity to say that.

The cadep corps soldiers raised more titan dummies when they saw two trainees are coming. Eren and Mikasa.

Mikasa was like a wind as she sliced two napes of two titan dummies.

Mikasa Ackerman...she's mastered every single difficulty subject perfectly. Her talent is historically unprecedented, making her the most valuable of them all.

Eren did a second sliced on Mikasa's targets, but his cut wasn't deep.

Eren Yeager...though proficient at barehanded fighting, he doesn't seem to have any other skills...but he possesses a sense of strong puporse that's twice as anyone else's. Through constant efforts his grades have steadily improved.

More titan dummies were raised. Shadis, the cadet soldiers and all the trainees were shocked when they felt a fast figure passed through them. They even felt the wind. Shadis was stunned when Y/n effortlessly sliced three titan dummies napes in just a second. She didn't get contented, as she brought herseld up and spinned around like a levitating ball, Y/n let herself fall, as she turned arounmid-air, her eyes closed and the wind blowing her hair. Y/n sliced two more titan dummies nape. Y/n made her way to a tree and kicked it to push herself backward. Y/n raised her blades to her sides and brought herself up again, she stared down at the three new titan dummies.

In just a blink of everyone's eyes, the newly raised titan dummies and their napes were all cut deep and clean by the h/c girl. "Y/n! Leave some for me!" Jean shouted at the top of his lungs.

Y/n laughed out loud. She landed on a tree and put both of her hands on her waist. She proudly smirked at Jean.

Shadis smirked and shook his head.

Y/n S. Heinrich...she's born to be a soldier. She's strong like Reiner, smart like Armin, talented like Mikasa, determined like Eren, and skilled just like the top trainees of this batch.

Her father was once an amazing survey corps soldier, and her uncle is the commander of the survey corps. The type of being an A+ grade soldier runs through her blood and nature.

If I were to choose for her in which regiment she should choose, it would be perfect to put her in the survey corps. Someone as skilled as her, shouldn't go to waste and rot inside the interior as a military police.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was dirty, you jerks. I found the target first..." Jean said.

Jean's sitting on a log.

Y/n's beside him and wrapping a bandaged around her left hand that got injured from their hand-to-hand combat training yesterday.

Connie and Sasha looked at him. "Dirty? I didn't take you for a whiner, Jean. Is there a rule against stealing somebody else's prey?" Sasha asked.

"Yeah! It's your fault for letting us get to it!" Connie said.

Jean gritted his teeth and held his head. "Pfft...I don't understand people who've been hunting their whole lives!" Jean sarcastically said.

"Oh, well...at least nobody got hurt during the test." Marco said.

Y/n and Eren looked at him.

"Hey, Marco?" Eren said. The sweet and kind freckled-boy looked at Eren. "Even when you found the target first, it looked to me like you let people score the points. You wanna get into the military police brigade, right? Don't you want points?" Eren asked.

"Mmm..." Marco stared at nowhere as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I think competition is necessary in the group to raise our skill levels...but I can't help thinking about actual fighting." Marco then smiled.

"I'm the slowest one here, so I thought I should attract the titan's attention and take them down from behind. Even though that's pointless in a test that measures our ability to kill...and even though I've wanted to join the military police brigade...ever since I was a kid." Marco said.

Y/n stood up and threw an arm around Marco's shoulder. She whined a little when she felt pain on her right ankle. But she still smiled. "In other words, you're a natursl leader!" Y/n said. Marco stared at her confused.

"Huh?" Marco said.

Y/n sheepishly smiled at Marco and poked his cheek. The kind and sweet freckled-boy blushed as he stare at
Y/n's smiling face. "I think it suits you. That kind of efficient thinking and quick-wittedness...I'd wanna be in a squad that you were leading." Y/n said. Marco blushed even more.

"I wanna be in Marco's squad, too. I have a feeling I'd survive that way." Sassha said.

Marco shyly smiled and rubbed his nape again. "Y...you think?" Marco asked, while staring at Y/n who's still smiling at him. Jean noticed the different look on Marco's eyes. The look of a boy that has a crush on a girl. "Of course! If we join the mps and you'll be a captain?! I'll gladly want to be in your squad!" Y/n said.

"Hehe...I'd love to be working with you too, Y/n." Marco said.

Connie and Sasha giggled while Eren smirked and shook his head. Y/n just smiled, she didn't even notice the teasing of her comrades and Marco's three years adorable crush on her.

"A squad for a hypothetical raid on Trost district? I'd jump on the Marco bandwagon. In any case, I'd want to avoid being in a squad with a suicial blockhead. Then I think I'd be dead within 10 seconds." Jean said.

"Hold on..." Eren said.

The green-eyed boy looked at Jean with an unamuse look. "Just who are you talking about?" Eren asked.

"Take a wild guess." Jean said.

"Okay, okay, you two." Marco said.

"Blockhead?" Connie said, genuinely confused what Jean is saying.

"Oh, just come right out and confess your love already, Jean." Sasha said.

Y/n laughed out loud because of what Sasha said. "Shut it, potato girl..." Jean said with annoyance on his tone.

Sasha's eyes widened. "I thought everybody had forrgotten about that!" Sasha said in much disbelief.

"Hey, Jean? I don't remember learning a move called suicidal blockhead..." Connie said.

(A/n: Omfg...my connie is so stupid♡)

Y/n laughed out loud even more.

"You shut up too, Connie." Jean said.

Eren, Sasha and Connie left first while Jean, Y/n and Marco stayed behind.

Jean stood up, he looked at Y/n who seems to be having a hard time standing and also to walk. "Did you hurt your feet or what?" Jean asked.

Y/n nod. "Yeah. I was trying an amazing stunt earlier, when I kicked the tree to push myself backwards, my ankle got sprained." Y/n said.

"What?!" Jean and Marco said.

Y/n awkwardly laugh. "But I'll be fine! It's not that severe." She said and was about to walk, but Y/n was surprised when Marco held her back.

Her eyes widened when the freckled-boy kneeled on one knee in front of her, his back facing her. Jean was surprised, too. "Hop on, Y/n. I'll carry you until we arrived back at the camp. You'll only worsen your injury if you walk." Marco said with a smile.

Jean pursued his lips as he stare at Y/n and Marco. He was about to do what Marco is doing now ealier, but his boy best friend already did it before him.

"N-no! It's okay! I'm heavy! You'll get tired--"

"It's fine, Y/n. I'm worried about your injury." Marco said.

Y/n stared at Marco for a few moments. She eventually smiled. "Fine. Don't complain if you find me heavy or I'll smack you!" Y/n said.

Marco just chuckled.

The h/c girl hopped on his back. Y/n wrapped her legs around Marco's waist, while Marco held her thighs.

Marco easily stood up. "You're not heavy at all, Y/n." Marco said.

Y/n smiled. "Oh? Okay then." Y/n said as she wrapped her arms around Marco's neck to hold onto Marco.

Jean scoffed and quickly followed the two. The young man stood beside his boy best friend. He frowned at Y/n and randomly flicked her forehead.

Idiot. Were you showing off earlier? Jean thought.

Y/n just rolled her eyes at Jean

"Ahhh...I'm worn out..." Jean said.

"Jean, I think you'd make a better leader than me." Marco said.

Jean looked at Marco, a little suprised. Then he smiled at Marco. "Me? You've gotta be kidding. I'm not brave in the least. What made you think that?"

"Mmm..." Marco smiled a bit.

"Don't get mad when you hear this...but Jean...you're not a strong person...so you can really understand how weak people feel." Marco said.

Jean's face became unamused, while
Y/n smiled because she already got what Marco is trying to say to Jean.

"What the hell?" Jean said.

"But you're also good at recognizing what's going on at any given moment. You know exactly what needs to be done. I mean...most humans are weak, including me...but if I got an order from someone who saw things like I do...no matter how tought it was, I'd do my damnedest to carry it out." Marco said.

Jean went silent, he stared at Marco while they continued on walking. He's trying to process what Marco meant.

Y/n smiled and pat Jean's head while her other hand is holding onto Marco. Then she also pat Marco's head.

"You two, just have to believe in yourselves. Stop saying that you're weak, Marco. And stop denying what you can do, Jean. We're all capable of doing something great. We all have a skill in something and somewhere."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last day of the southern 104th cadet corps in their hell of a training for three years finally came. And the night of their graduation is already happening. The southern 104th cadet corps graduates are now in Trost's military headquarters and gathered at the top of their barrack's fort.

Their superiors in the cadet corps are in front of them, one of their trainor is in front and giving his speech.

"As everyone knows, 107 years ago...the entire human race, save for us...was devoured by the titans. Following that our ancestors constructed might walls that the titans couldn't get over...and thus successfully secured a safe titan-free domain. That is, until five years ago...I'm sure many of you were present there...five years ago, when tragedy struck again. We have paid the price for 100 years of peace with tragedy. Given the sense of criss at the time, we were ill-prepared to cope with the sudden appearance of the colossal titan...as a result, we have been forced to abandon out outer wall Maria. Humanity's sphere of influence has been driven back to where we are now, wall Rose."

"It wouldn't be a surprise if that colossal titans showed up...to destroy this wall right this moment. Whenever that time does come, your duty will be to relieve the producers...and give your lives to stand against titan menace!"

"Dedicate your hearts!!"

The 104th cadet corps saluted.

"Yes, sir!"

"Today, you have completed your military training. I will now announce the top ten among you who have obtained the top training results. Come forward if I call your name."

"At the head of the class, Mikasa Ackerman and Y/n S. Heinrich."

Mikasa and Y/n came forward, then faced their co-trainees. Y/n's eyes landed on Jean, she sighed upon seeing her best friend staring at the pretty raven-haired girl beside her.

"Second, Reiner Braun. Number three, Bertolt Hoover. Number four, Annie Leonhart. Number five, Eren Yeager. Number six, Jean Kirstein. Number seven, Marco Bott. Number eight, Connie Springer. Number nine, Sasha Braus. And number ten, Krista Lenz."

The others who were called as members of the top ten also came forward and lined up with the top of their class. "You are the top ten."

Y/n looked at Jean again.

She raised a brow when Jean looked at her, too. Then she broke a smile.

I'm proud of you, Jean. Y/n thought.

It was like Jean understood what she's thinking just by seeing the look on her eyes and the smile on her lips.

I'm proud of you too, Y/n. Let's go to the interior together. Jean thought.

"Now that you've completed your training...you have three choices. The Garrison, which reinforces the walls, thereby protecting all of the towns...The Survey Corps, prepared to sacrifice their lives outside the walls by defying the titans in their own domain...and The Military Police Brigade, which exercises control over the king's subjects and maintain order...of course, out of you raw recruits, the only ones who can join the military police brigade...are the ten with the highest scores."

"Soon, I'll be asking you which branch you want to be assigned yo. But as of right now, the 104th training corps is officially disbanded! Dismissed!"

"Yes, sir!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lucky bastards, making the top ten! I'm sure you're gonna join the military police brigade, right?" Jean looked at his comrade who asked him that question. "Huh? That goes without sayin! Why the hell else would I have aimed to crack the top ten?!"

"I'm going with the MPS, too." Marco spoke. Then he smiled. "Getting to work near the king...it's an honor!!"

Jean suddenly grabbed Marco's head, making Marco to splash his drink on his own face. "Are you still playing the goody-goody, Marco? Pfft!! Tell me how you really feel. You can't wait to hey into the interior, right?"

Marco gasped, then looked at Jean with wide-eyes. Y/n sighed and shook her head. "You sound like a devil to me, Jean. A devil bad influencing a good person." Y/n said then laughed.

Jean thre his arms around Marco and Y/n's shoulder. "We can finally escape this shitty, suffocatinh front-line twon!! A safe, comfortable life is waiting for us in the interioe, right?!" Jean happily said.

Y/n frowned while Marco stared at him with disbelief. "Wha...you...s-shame on you! At least? I'm not...--"

"Oh, sorry! My bad! I forgot that you were a prize pupil!" Jean said to Marco. He then smirked and looked at the others. "But what would you guys do? I mean, getting the chance to live in the interior, it's almost unheard of, right?! Or given the choice, would you rather stay here in this "human stronghold", or whatever they like to call it?!" Jean asked, still smirking.

Marco and Y/n covered their faces out of embarrassment towards Jean.

"Well...none of us asked to be born in this border town. So if it meant not having to cower in frught when you hear titan footsteps..."

"Good answer...you'd all like to go the interior, right?" Jean said. Then Jean smugly smirked then looked at Annie and Bertolt who're in front of them. "So...how about you guys?" Jean said.

"I'm applying to the military police brigade." Bertolt happily said.

"Me too...but I don't want anyone to think I'm like you." Annie said.

"HAHAHAHA!!" Jean just laughed.

"Hey..." Eren who's on the table behind Jean's group stood up from his chair. "You said the interior is comfortable...? Until five years ago, this town was part of the interior, too." Eren said. Jean and everyone else looked at Eren. "Jean...you don't have to go to the interior. I mean, isn't the interior of your brain soft enough for you?" Eren sarcastically asked.

"Pfft! Uwaaa!" Reiner accidentally spit his drink on Armin's head.

"Waah..." Armim baby boy whined.

Reiner quickly stood up and wiped Armin's head. "S-sorry!" Reiner said.

Y/n laughed out loud, not only because of Reiner, but also because of what Eren said to Jean, though she immediately stopped laughing when Jean looked at her, looking pissed off.

"Eren...don't." Mikasa said as she try to stop Eren from facing Jean, but the green-eyed boy didn't listen to her.

Jean faced his chair and himself to Eren. Y/n held his shoulder to stop him, but just like Eren to Mikasa, Jean didn't listen to Y/n. "Are you trying to say...that I'm an idiot, Eren?"

"Well, I'm not...I'm looking at reality...more than anyone. Four years ago, twenty percent of the human population was sent out to recover territory stolen by the titans. An all-out attack was launched...and most of them ended up walking straight into a titan's mouth, swallowed whole. How many more would we have needed to retake out land? For every one of them that we defeated, an average of 30 humans died. However, the number of titans who dominate this planet is a lot more than 1/30th of the human race. I think it's crystal clear. Humanity...doesn't stand a chance against the titans." Jean said.

Everyone went silent. The young man then sighed. "Look...it's like a funeral in here, thanks to you." Jean said.

"So what?" Eren said. His arms are crossed over his chest and he's leaning back on his chair while staring at Jean. Jean looked at him.

"Huh? Were you listening to me?" Jean asked.

"So what you're saying is, "I don't think we can win, so I'm giving up." Tell me...what's so good about giving up? Is it better to escape from reality, to the point where you're throwing away your hope?" Eren asked.

The others looked at the green-eyed boy with a surprised look.

"In the first place...it's a given that we'd lose to the titans in material terms. One of the caused of the defeat four years ago was our ignoramce about the titans...we lost then, but the information we gained will surely lead tk our hope for the future. And yet you're going to give up on developinn strategies to fight them? Do you want to be titan food that badly? Give me a break." Eren said.

"I...I have a dream...it's to exterminate the titans and leave this cramped walled-up world. My dream is to explore...the outside world." Eren said. Y/n's eyes widened. She suddenly remember her uncle who have once told her about the possibilty existence of the outside world and his theories.

She was only six years old that time, it was her birthday and her uncle had the time to come to her birthday party. And that was the time, Erwin fully showed his trust towards Y/n. He told her about his dangerous theories.

"When I was young, I asked my father during our history class,...I asked him your grandfather, "How did they find out that there aren't any humans outside the walls?" He avoided the question and continued on discussing. But when we got home, he told me about his theories. Your grandfather said that the history books, distributed by the government, were full of mysteries and contradictions. Your grandfather believed that it was near impossible for humanity not to have passed down an oral history. Instead, the only way to ensure that humanity forgot about the history before the walls would be to alter their memory in some way. I believed in your grandfather's theories, That's why I'm here in the survey corps, it's to prove the dreams I shared with your grandfather. But that dreams was the reason he died, it's because of me. But even if I blame myself, I can't bring him back to life. Though, I'd love to prove his theories true..someday. I know that, that time will come someday."

Y/n furrowed her brows. She gets what her uncle means, but she's confused about one thing. "Ah...so, there are still humand outside the walls? Then...the book you gave me. About the outside world. Is is true?!" Y/n asked.

Her voice raised a little, so Erwin chuckled and had to shush her.

Y/n adorably covered her mouth.

"Maybe yes. But you'll only find that out if you venture outside the walls, fighting the titans until they're gone from this world and we're all free."

Y/n's eyes shined out of amazing.

She's read about it. All the possible things about the outside world.

The sea, her book says it's like a giant lake filled with so much saltwater, there's also a burning water, land made of ice and snowy plains of sand.

Erwin smiled and ruffled Y/n's hair. "Don't tell anyone about what I told you, Y/n. It's for your own safety." Erwin said. Y/n hummed and nod her head. The two then looked at the door.

Greta is leaning on the door frame, her arms are crossed over her chest while a smile is plastered on her lips.

"Oh no...mom heard it, uncle..." Y/n said, a little bit scared because her mother have been listening to them.

Erwin and Greta laughed.

"It's okay. Your mom already knows about it, Y/n. Now the three of us has our secret." Erwin said.

"The outside world..." Y/n muttered as she stare at nowhere.

Her eyes became glossy because of a reason she doesn't know at all.

It felt like something within her decision of joining the MPS changed.

Just because she remembered her uncle's dreams. The dreams she shared with Erwin and her mother.

The outside world...titans aren't the only things outside the walls...

"Ha! What the hell are you talking about?! You must be the one with the soft noggin!" Jean said.

"What?!" Eren asked.

"Look at them! Not a single person here agrees with you!" Jean said.

Eren's brows furrowed. Then the green-eyed boy gritted his teeth and then shut his eyes out of annoyance.

Okay...you're right...I got it..." Eren said.

Y/n came back to her senses when Jean stood up and walked towards Eren. She was in disbelief when the two boys are already glaring at each other while standing in front of one another so close to each other.

"So shove off to the interior...having a defeatists like you here on the front line is bad for morale!" Eren said.

"Of course, that's just what I'm gonna do, but you wanna go outside the wall, right? Go on ahead! The titans you must love so much are waiting for you!" Jean said.

"Pain in the ass." Eren said.

"Heh." Jean chuckled.

Y/n's eyes widened when the two suddenly punched each other in the face. "Hey!" Y/n shouted.

"Whoaaa!"

"There they go again!!"

"Come on, Eren! What's wrong?! If you're having troublr against me, a mere human...you're not fit to go up against the titans!" Jean said, he was able to land a stronger punch on Eren, making Eren to step away.

"Of course not, idiot!" Eren said as he kneed Jean on the stomach.

The two boys continued fist fighting.

"Uh-oh..."

"Hey! That's enough! Jean, did you forget what Eren'd hand-to-hand combat score was?! It was top of our class!" Reiner said.

Eren and Jean was about to punch each other again, but Mikasa and Y/n stopped them. Mikasa grabbed Eren and carried him on her shoulder, while Y/n hugged Jean by the waist and pulled him away from Eren.

"Or, wait...was he second to Mikasa?" Reiner said.

"P-put me down!!" Eren said to Mikasa while trying to get down.

The others are laughing at Eren.

Y/n sighed and made Jean to look at her. Worried laced on Y/n's face when she saw a bruise on the corner of Jean's mouth. She frowned and held Jean's shoulder firmly to not let him go and chase Eren anymore.

"Jean, if you keep making a racket, the instructor's gonna come by!" Y/n said.

Jean frowner at the h/c girl. "Hey, Y/n, this is the highlight of the farewell party! Don't stop me!!" Jean said.

"No. I think we've all had our fill. Stop fighting with Eren." Y/n said with a serious look on her face and tone on her voice.

Jean shut his mouth.

He knows it's going to get real ugly if Y/n becomes even more serious. Jean just looked looked at Eren, still easily being carried by Mikasa. "Hey! Put me down, Mikasa!" Eren said to Mikasa.

"Tch. You're lucky, Eren! Having Mikasa to carry you around like that! I bet you're planning to drag her to survey corps just the same way!" Jean said. Y/n and Eren paused for a while.

They both stared at Jean.

Jean sighed when Mikasa and Eren are already out of his sight, he looked at Y/n who's just taring at him with an unexplainble look. "Let go of me now. I won't chase that bastard." Jean said.

Y/n slowly temoved her hands on Jean's shoulder. She stepped away then sighed. "I'm going back to the dorm now. I'm already tired. Good night." Y/n said. She flashed Jean a small smile and then turned her back on Jean and left the mess hall.

Jean followed Y/n with his vision.

He doesn't know why he has the urge to stop her and have a talk with her with their remaining free time for the night. But he can'y bring himself to stop Y/n. And something is bothering Jean, too. He's been noticing it...

The way Y/n stare at him like she's hurt for some reason. And she's been becoming even harder to read.

Jean pursued his lips. He sighed then quickly left the mess hall to follow the h/c girl. When he arrived outside, he saw Eren, Mikasa and Armin talking to one another, but he just ignored them and find his way to where Y/n is.

Jean was about to turn left going to the girl's dorm, but he froze on his place when he saw Y/n near the gate of their military HQ, talking to a man with short stature, undercut raven-hair, wearing a scout uniform and holding out a boquet of flowers to Y/n and a brown paper bag.

Jean felt a sudden irritation within himself. His brows are furrowed too much as he stared at Y/n and the scout raven-haired man.

Who the hell is that...? Jean thought.

"Captain, what are you doing here?!" Y/n asked Levi in disbelief.

She was just about to go to her dorm, but was surprised when a soldier told her that someone's looking for her.

Levi rolled his eyes and hand out the boquet of flowers and brown paper bag to Y/n. "You uncle sent me here. That eyebrows asked me to deliver this to you since he can't come here to congratulate you, himself. He's busy for our expedition tomorrow." Levi said. Y/n accepted the flowers and the brown paper bag. "Congrats on your graduation, brat. That's what your uncle wants me to tell you, too." Levi said. Y/n smiled and nod at him.

"Thank you, captain! Please also say my thank you to uncle." Y/n said.

"Sure. What can I do anyway? Tch. I can't believe you two are making me like some damn messenger, when I should be resting now." Levi said.

Y/n laughed at his sarcastic remark.

"Oh, come on! Don't be so grumpy about this! Or else commander uncle will be disappointed." Y/n said.

Levi glared at her. "Shut up, brat. Or else I'll give you some good kickings."

Y/n laughed. She walked closer to Levi and nudge her arm. The h/c girl have gotten closer to Levi and to her uncle's other close friends ever since she celebrated winter solace with them last two years ago. She also celebrated last year's winter solace with them. "Captain, I heard from my auntie that she's purchasing a new tea leaves product. Do you want me to get you some?" Y/n asked. Levi looked at her, feeling suddenly excited.

"How much?" Levi asked.

"Of course for free! You're my uncle's friend after all! I'll ask my auntie to send me some and then I'll send it to you. I'll also give some to uncle and your other friends." Y/n happily said.

Levi's lips twitched. "Okay." He said with a stoic look, Y/n laughed when Levi grabbed her head and pushed her down a little to level their height.

"Night, brat. I'll go now." Levi said as he ruffled Y/n's hair. Levi then turned around and then leave Y/n alone.

"Good night, sir shorty!" Y/n said, while laughing and waving at Levi

Levi shut his eyes. He clenched his fists and just continued walking. She needs to stop hanging out with Hange.

Jean saw everything, though he didn't hear what the two talked about. The young man was in disbelief thinking that Y/n got herself a boyfriend from the scouting legion. The regiment he'll never consider of joining in.

I can't believe this...she likes short guys?! And most of all, her boyfriend is a survey corps soldier!

Jean thought as he stared at Y/n who's smiling like an idiot while sniffing the boquet of flowers and taking a look at whatever is inside the paper bag.
___________________________________

:)

A/n: I'm sorry for not updating this story a lot. Anyways, how are y'all? Hope you guys are doing great ;))

By the way, I have a game for volleyball on friday and saturday! I'm kind of nervous about it. I hope my team win! Wish me luck :))

And starting this wednesday, I'm starting another hell of a training in volleyball. I was chosen for the try-outs. It's a training but it's actually a try-outs training for our coaches to see if me and the others who were chosen are already capable of being a member of their official team.

Sksksksksk I'm scared :)) I just hope I will do well and that I'll be accepted!

That's all :))

Take care, hoomans.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

37.8K 1.9K 44
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙤𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙗𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙡𝙤𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙, 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚. ───── A girl who is...
442K 15.4K 32
Y/n was engaged by her childhood friend, Eren. She kept this secret from her due to Carla's request, to only tell him about this arrangement when he'...
906 20 13
[VERY SLOW UPDATES!] She's the same woman, the same girl from before. But why does it feel so much different? Why does everything feel so much differ...
246K 8.5K 80
{Erwin Smith x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner. Disclaimer: I do not own any of the at...