He Was Her All 3: Enough is E...

By Skymoon6311

[Book 3] Happily Married and Happily Wed... It's been four years since Mariana and Micah have tied the knot... More

Chapter 1: What They Always Wanted
Chapter 2: New Opportunities
Chapter 3: Dream in Progress
Chapter 4: Playing Together
Chapter 5: Fun Mornings
Chapter 6: Chatting
Chapter 7: Catching Up
Chapter 8: Followed
Chapter 9: Development
Chapter 10: Breakdown
Chapter 11: Making you Feel Better
Chapter 12: Beach
Chapter 13: Moving Ahead
Chapter 14: Baseball
Chapter 15: Partying
Chapter 16: Completed Build
Chapter 17: DisneyWorld
Chapter 18: Crisis
Chapter 19: Deceived
Chapter 20: Following Breadcrumbs
Chapter 21: Hopeless
Chapter 22: Returning
Chapter 23: Getting Help
Chapter 24: Horrible Realizations
Chapter 26: Comfort and Pastries
Chapter 27: History Logs
Chapter 28: Cheering Up
Chapter 29: Ignition
Chapter 30: Pondering
Chapter 31: Conflicted
Chapter 32: Bittersweet
Chapter 33: Interrogation
Chapter 34: Deeper Outlook
Chapter 35: Nature
Chapter 36: Running Away
Chapter 37: Violent Acts
Chapter 38: Thinking
Chapter 39: A Pleasant Surprise
Chapter 40: Letting it Out
Chapter 41: An Honest Conversation
Chapter 42: Fragments
Chapter 43: Good Hair Day Turn Bad
Chapter 44: Ignorance in Innocence
Chapter 45: Unusual Location
Chapter 46: Gathering Everything
Chapter 47: Heart to Heart
Chapter 48: On The Hunt
Chapter 49: Mariana's Ultimate Revenge
Chapter 50: Uncovered Secrets
Chapter 51: Back to Normal
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: School Issues
Bonus Chapter: Daddy and Son
Bonus Chapter: Out with Cousins
Author's Note
A Piece of Her Heart

Chapter 25: How it All Began

39 2 31
By Skymoon6311

The kids were huddled into a corner as Electra walked past and hissed at them like an intimidating cat. They hunched back in fright as they watched her cackle. She faked throwing a knife to watch their frightened little faces tremble.

She then walked over to where Mona was sat sharing a cheese doughnut with Raidan. She was as still as a statue but felt content.

"Hey Mona, can I ask you a question?" Electra chirped up cheerfully like a good little servant.

"What?" Mona asked with a frown that showed she didn't want to be interrupted.

"I was just wondering how you knew Xavier since you sound extremely upset while talking on the phone."

"Why are you asking me this?" Mona replied again, "we're you not listening to what I was saying on the phone? How can I not be upset?"

"I don't know, but it seems like it still affects you even though it only happened ages ago," Electra said in her high-pitched, chirpy voice.

"What's your point?" Mona said, slowly setting her food down. Raidan seized the chance and hastily ate hers as the sour cream dripped down his fingers.

"My point is why you still getting so worked up since it's not really that relevant," Electra said and took a doughnut while cautiously looking at her.

"Electra," Mona began. She gradually unfolded her legs and placed them down on the floor as she tilted her head in confusion. "Have you never been in love before?"

"We'll sort of, but I can't imagine it being this intense."

Mona sighed and then cranked her head around. She stroked her hair back as it cascaded over the chair. Her muscles felt tense as she let out a deep grumble and a deep sigh. She then bore her head back up when she was prepared to answer.

"Well, first of all, he helped pay for my dad's funeral and looked after me because I had no one after my father died," Mona explained with a hint of reluctance. She glared at Electra and clasped her hands together. "See, I was mostly trying to survive and earn money while still doing my studies."

"Oh, well, that's too bad." Electra shrugged it off and pressed out her lips like a vicious duck.

"But didn't you have anyone to spend time with?"

"Does it sound like I did?" Mona said in a sarcastic tone, making Electra shrug.

"Well, I was sharing an apartment with someone..." Mona massaged the back of her bead awkwardly. "But other than that, no. I am a bit socially awkward. Most likely because I barely made any friends when I was a kid. I either played with my neighbor or just stayed in the house."

"Yeah, I could tell you lack social skills," Electra smirked.

Mona glared at her but wasn't bothered at getting up, so she took a massive bite out of another doughnut. "The main reason why I'm so attached to Xavier is filled a hole in my heart that my father left," she huffed out heavily.

"I don't know whether that's more sweet or sad that now they are both dead," Electra continued snickering but concealed her mouth, so Mona wouldn't notice.

She huffed and turned over in her chair to face the window. Raidan jumped off her lap and went to play with his sisters.

Meanwhile, Mona gazed out the window. She watched the clouds turn slowly over the azure skies, changing into the memories of yesterday.

Her hands shakily carried the tray over to her customer. She squeezed through the tables while people were chatting loudly and music played, distorting her senses. However, all of these irritated her ears as she unexpectedly bumped into someone.

She ended up dropping the tray to the floor, making a huge clash. All the food scattered around and she bent down to quickly clean it up. The person who she bumped grumbled and scorned her.

"Watch where you're going," he mumbled, and his body hit her head as he walked past. She stroked it and ignored his harsh tone to make the sore go away.

She felt some eyes turn around and stared at her in judgment, which caused her face grow hot with embarrassment. It caused her face to flash a faint pink against her olive skin.

When she was all done, she quietly put the food away and turned to go back to the kitchen but someone hollered for her.

"Hey, aren't you the one that took my order?" A man called out.

Mona turned around while her eyes drowned in fear. Her vision got clouded with a build-up of tears, but she wiped them away and maintained her composure. She stared directly up at his face which was boiling with fury.

"Where's my food?" he demanded.

"I'm sorry sir. I accidentally dropped it, but I can go quickly get you a new plate." She fiddled with her fingers as she tried explaining but he wasn't having it. He continued shouting at her, making her slender legs to tremble.

"Excuse me, sir, is everything okay?" the manager asked as he came running up to them.

"Your workers don't know how to do their job properly. I've been waiting for too long for my order and then one of your employees just told me that they just dropped it on the floor. What kind of carelessness is this?"

"I'm very sorry for the inconvenience sir. If you like, I can offer you a refund, or would you like one of our specials?"

Xavier grumbled and glared between him and Mona who fiddled nervously with her apron. It kept springing down which captured his attention to her cleavage, making him smirk a little.

But he diverted his eyes away and turned to the manager. He stiffened his body and ruffled out, "one of the specials then."

The manager nodded and then dragged Mona away while reprimanding her.

"How many times have I told you not to drop the plates?" he harshly whispered so the others won't hear. "Every time you're constantly dropping something and causing problems."

"I'm sorry sir. I'm trying my best. I've just got other stuff on my mind."

"I don't care, this has been going on for too long and it's not looking good on the shop. So I'm going to have to fire you."

"What? No sir, please!" Mona begged out loud, "I really need this money. Please just give me one more chance."

"I'm sorry Mona, but I can't have any more accidents."

Mona stood there frozen but nodded slowly and went to collect her things. She collected her bag and coat, with tears trailing behind her. Her heart palpitated with panic on how she was going to have enough money now.

She was about to head out when she saw the man whose order she messed up, call her over in the corner. She blinked in confusion but didn't want to risk getting shouted at again so she hurried out of the café. She walked briskly on the sidewalk and put her hood up, not wanting to be seen.

Suddenly, a car rolled past and the window went down. Mona tried not to look but she was stunned when she saw it was the man from the restaurant.

"Hey." The man called out.

Mona turned around but when she recognized him, she quickened her pace to get away.

"Hey, come back." The man drove leisurely to catch up to her.

"What!" Mona stopped and replied in agitation.

"I saw you just got fired. Are you alright?"

"Why do you care?" She sniffed hard and angrily wiped her nose.

"Well for one, you seemed pretty desperate for money and two, I would hate to be the cause for such a pretty girl's downfall."

Mona sniffed and hunched up her shoulders to conceal her face. "Well, what does it matter to you? You didn't hesitate to shout at me earlier."

"Sorry about that, I was just frustrated that's all." The man then parked the car and got out. Mona froze as his massive body towered over her with his dark shadow.

"What do you need the money for anyway?" He asked.

Mona raised her hand to answer but something made her pause. She couldn't bring herself to talk as she felt utterly ashamed and too grieved to say.

The man saw the reluctance from her eyes shimmering away, and her face slowly turned from him. Some loose strands hung down from her plump cheeks, making them seem like soft buns he would love to touch.

"I want to give my dad a proper funeral..." she humbly admitted. However, her nose started scrunching and her eyes stung with incoming tears. "Right now ...I got him buried..." She took a breath, but her throat tightened her words like a thread. A genuine tear made its way down her cheek as she licked it up.

"He's buried in my backyard until I can gather enough money to bury him properly." She concluded her sentence and then started tearing up. She felt her hollow chest ache as she cried. Her teeth clenched, and she covered her mouth to stop herself from screaming out loud.

"Oh, that's all? Well, I can give you some if you really need it," he said and fished for his wallet.

"Really?" Mona said, looking up slightly. She was quite shocked but also very suspicious.

"Why?" She asked, getting up slowly as she gained control of her crying.

"I can't let a beauty like you go around with a mopey face," he said, smiling as like he was sincere. "How much do you need?"

"Um, around $2,965..." she replied nervously and pulled at her sleeve. She sucked in her lip as he handed the money to her and put his wallet back.

"Um, thanks... are you sure?" She shook rather uncomfortably, but at this rate, she was willing to try anything to get the raise amount.

"Sure, I still got plenty stored somewhere." He smiled and stroked her head. He hopped back into his car and then bided her a final goodbye before driving off.

Mona watched the fumes from his car gradually disappear into thin air. Even though she could barely comprehend what just happened, it didn't matter.

She pressed the notes to her chest, near her heart. Her whole face beamed towards the sun with a cheery smile. It felt like it was exploding in pure happiness like a balloon filled with water. She could scarcely believe she had the money as she fell to her knees in the path of the light.

The next day after school, she stumbled out of the doors with her hands tucked inside her pockets. Her earphones plugged in as her head remained down, concealing her face with her hoodie. She wanted to get home as soon as possible so she could look at the urn she placed on the fireplace that contained her father's ashes.

She skipped to her car and was about to get in when someone called her name. She turned towards the call and the same man sitting on a bench under the shade of a tree.

She smiled and waved to him to whom he called her forward. With a puzzled expression, she went over and said hi.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He asked.

"Um I'm good," she said and brushed a strand away from her face. "By the way, thanks again for the money, I really appreciate it."

"Ah, it's alright. Did you manage to sort out the thing with your father and all?"

"Yes, I did." Mona nodded with enthusiasm. She was not gloomy and appeared more cheerful than before.

"That's good." He nodded and then looked in the direction she came from. "Did you just come from that school over there?"

"Yeah, I'm a senior there."

"Oh okay, that's nice. That means your a very big girl." He smiled, and let out a deep chuckle.

"Yeah." Mona laughed nervously. "Well, I better go. It was nice seeing you again."

"Alright. My name is Xavier by the way. Just in case you want to say hi if you see me while walking."

"Thanks." Mona smiled and then he went on his way.

Mona's eyes sharply opened as she rose off the window sill. Her chest burned with fury as she tried grabbing her lighter from her pocket. Her hands struggled to grasp it and it toppled onto the floor. Her eyes blazed towards it with desire as she got off and suddenly snatched it.

She eventually sparked the flame. But her finger accident got caught onto it, scarring the skin black and crispy, but she didn't care. She just held it up to her face as she watched the flame burn despite the pain because all she possessed was a burn of resentment and anger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.3K 3.3K 60
π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π“π„πƒ 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐀𝐃𝐔𝐋𝐓 π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„ π–πˆπ“π‡ π’πŽπ…π“ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 πŒπ€π“π”π‘π„ π“π‡π„πŒπ„π’ Newly engaged couple Sierra and Nick were eage...
7.8K 1.1K 22
[Book 1] What would you do if your whole world suddenly came crashing down? If everything that you have ever loved was stripped away from you so sud...
4.7K 162 23
This Air Force SSgt leaves her love for a new duty assignment. When she returns to reclaim him, she's met with a surprise that breaks her heart. She...
165 38 10
My journey through life, though seemingly effortless, is far from it. As an eighteen-year-old heiress of not one, but two crazy rich families, the we...