50 Things I Don't Know About...

De Yooorra

⭐ 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘢 𝘧𝘧 ❤ As a shut-in, Kim Minjeong never liked the idea of interacting with people as sh... Mai multe

Jimin who?
Cold
Neighbor
Noted
Trust
Bit by Bit
Attention
Met
Trip
War
Know You?
Our Time
Comfort
Reasons
~ 50 Things ~
10 • Prodigy
Good luck
11 • Cook
No Worries
12 • I'm Here
13 • No Choice
14 • Still You
15+ • Happenings
18+ • Doesn't Like(?)
Life's a Beach
Thoughts
It's My Condition!
20+ • I Can't Do That
Tired, I'm Sorry
22 • Love Her- Not
Sparks
Questioning
Movie Night
23 • Pancakes
24 • Stupid Gummies
25+ • No One Else
29 • A Secret, For Now
Unfortunate
30+ • Melodies
34+ • You Are "K"
36+ • Memory Lane
41 • Promise
42 • Is This Sympathy?
43 • In Denial
44 • I've Decided
45 • Little Help
46 • Getting Better
47 • What Are You Up To?
48 • Just You & Me
49 • Almost There
A Match and Farewell
A Story to Be Told
This List of Things
I Wanted To
Better Than Nothing
Complex Feelings
Not The Same
First Aid
It's Confusing
Playback
Don't go
50 • One Last Thing About You
Epilogue

Out of Reach

1.7K 117 10
De Yooorra

"I'm going to miss this stressful place."

Jimin said with a huff whilst looking at the campus' main building. This was her last day with everyone as she needed to leave tomorrow in the afternoon.

The friends who sat at the table solely smiled and started to talk about how they'll miss the latter.

Then there's Minjeong, she wasn't seated at the table and was lying her back against the nearby tree occasionally trying to join in their conversation which she was having a hard time on.

Jimin has been helping the shorter with everyone else and it seemed to be working— slowly but surely. Minjeong still felt out of place and couldn't help but stay silent.

Being Minjeong's longest friend within the group, Ning noticed her best friend's gestures and stood up from the table. She approached her and gave her a nudge on the arm only to earn an expressionless gaze.

Ning rolled her eyes at this and groaned. She grabbed Minjeong's hand and pulled her forcefully towards the table and made her sit down next to Jimin.

"How come you're so confident with everyone but not us?" Ning questioned, sitting back to her spot next to Aeri.

"I don't know! It's like a natural reaction that I can't explain!" Minjeong raised her hands midway in defeat.

Ryujin spoke whilst munching on her chips, "Welp, I'm just glad that our gamer MJ is back... even though she sucks."

"She's new all over again, so it's understandable." Sakura nodded her head, "She's slowly getting there thanks to Jimin."

Jimin nudged Minjeong beside her, "What can I say? I learned from the best... well, was best." she said proudly, causing the latter to look at her which she returned with a playful wink.

Minjeong didn't get a thing and only snickered at the gesture. She lowered her gaze on the table, drawing small invisible circles. "I must've been really good then."

"Yeah, thanks to your addiction our squad reached the top one hundred here in Korea." Ryujin chuckled.

Sakura hummed as she was reminiscing those moments, "Ahh~ Good times."

"Speaking of good times." Aeri cleared her throat, "Since this is Jimin's last day, how about we spend the rest of the day together?"

Of course, everyone quickly agreed to the idea. This was the girl's last day after all. Although, knowing the fact that it was certainly Jimin's last day— somehow, Minjeong felt disappointed.

She stole a glance at Jimin 

"What's the plan?" Jimin asked.

Oddly, Aeri landed her eyes on Minjeong. "I'm sure Minjeong has a good one."

"What?"

Minjeong blurted out, appearing to be confused that quickly earned her a kick on the foot under the table from the Japanese. Thankfully, it was gone unnoticed by their friends who were too lost in their conversation.

She jumped a little due to the sudden bang and winced silently in pain, glaring at Aeri with great intent. But the latter didn't react and smoothly joined in the others' conversation, acting as if nothing happened.

Minjeong was utterly confused until she stole a glance at Jimin again that struck an abrupt click inside her thoughts. She understood. Now remembering the talk she and Aeri had before meeting everyone.

After hesitating for a moment, she was about to open her mouth to say something when she heard Ning speak first. Her tone was very sincere and purely suspicious— it seems like she noticed Aeri's kick under the table.

"What's wrong with you two?" she flickered her eyes back and forth from her girlfriend to her best friend.

That's when Aeri leaned in closer to her girlfriend's ear to whisper what was going on. Ning fell into a teasing smirk, looking at Minjeong.

But Minjeong disregarded this and dropped her chin onto her palm. She came into her senses in a swish, finally parting her lips to speak.

"Did you guys hear about the fireworks show tonight? The plaza nearby is surely going to get crowded." she stared at the table, trying to avoid the gazes she attracted. "How about we do that?"

Immediately, she received a yes from her friends except for Jimin.

"These days... I'm not good with rushing crowds." she paused a second before continuing. "Still, it sounds fun, and since it is my last day... might as well make the most of it. I'm down."

Settled with how they were going to meet and spend the day after classes, everyone began leaving the table one by one until the only ones left were Jimin and Minjeong.

There was this immense silence and it felt unbearable. Jimin was about to break this silence but Minjeong got ahead and sighed loudly.

"Haaahhh... It's only been a day since we've been back to friends." she sat up and playfully punched the taller on the shoulder. "Good luck with that competition! I heard that you're really good."

"You're being weird." Jimin pressed back a laugh, "Are you worried? Going to miss me?"

"Me?" Minjeong snickered, "As if~ To me, we technically just met."

"Tch, I guess that part of you didn't change."

"Oh, what's that?"

"You're no fun."

Minjeong laughed, "You should see me inside a club."

Jimin raised a brow, "You go to clubs?"

"Uhuh, I remember that's when the rumors started circulating," she answered so casually.

Jimin narrowed her eyes in suspicion, "Really, Minjeong... just how many did you...?"

"I told you, it's countless." Minjeong stretched her arms, "Why ask? Don't tell me we haven't done that before when we were dating?" she grinned in interest.

"Ah, no worries. We already did in high school."

"High...high school?!"

Minjeong exclaimed as Jimin erupted in laughter.

"You're joking," she pointed a finger.

Jimin was indeed joking, it was only to mask the disappointment she felt knowing how the girl did many things that weren't to her liking. Though, they weren't dating anymore so she thought being jealous about it was unnecessary.

She solely huffed and continued with her antics, not answering Minjeong, then giving her a playful wink before grabbing her bag to walk away.

"H-Hey!" Minjeong stood up and trailed after.

| Jimin's POV

The hours passed by in a flash and it was already nighttime. Honestly, I feel a bit tired and would love to lie on my bed and sleep. But thanks to a particular someone, her aroma, woke me up. Her laughter filled my ears and it was enough to fill me with energy.

In front of me were my dearest friends. Eating the food we bought from the nearby food stalls as we were seated on a large mat by the grassy field that was sufficient for all of us to fit in.

They're having a bunch of ridiculous random conversations, occasionally laughing here and there.

It's a bit depressing to know that I may be gone for a while— finally dropped out too. Feels like high school all over again.

I can literally do anything I want from this point on.

But let's not think about that.

I don't wanna think about anything else.

I'll just spend this whole night having fun with everyone.

"Wahaha! I remember that time back inside your apartment when the three of us got scared because of this huge bug," Ryujin said while munching on her tornado potato.

Ning displayed a disgusted look, "Oh that... I remember that all too well."

Aeri stared at her food blankly, "Traumatized."

"I was scared of bugs?" Minjeong lets out a small gasp, "Most of them are so harmless..."

Sakura laughed, "Well, too bad Minjeong, you despised them."

"What happened to the bug?"

I chuckled at the thought and raised my hand slightly, "I threw it away outside."

The conversation continued like that as our topic gradually changed from random things to moments we've spent with Minjeong. It helped her understand what it was like being with us, her eyes plugging with great curiosity.

After a while, the speakers positioned around the plaza sounded informing the people present that the fireworks show will about to start in twenty minutes, exactly at 11 p.m.

Everyone then stood up one by one, I too, but I suddenly felt dizzy and stumbled. So I ended up dropping back onto the mat. I noticed how Minjeong was looking at me which got me a bit nervous.

I didn't want to ruin the good mood we had, so I hid the dizziness I was feeling and pretended to stretch my neck.

"You two coming?"

The voice came from Aeri and when I looked towards it, everyone was already making their way into the large crowd in the distance to find a good spot to watch the fireworks.

I didn't want them to know that I felt a bit dizzy or else they'll go back and give me worried stares. So I made up a story about how I already found a spot and would walk there by myself when the show is nearing.

"Alone?" Aeri looked at me skeptically.

"I'd like to spend it alone..."

"Oh, then that's fine." Then she turned her head to Minjeong, "How bout you?"

Minjeong was standing still next to me. She was expressionless and after a short pause, she told Aeri that she was going to stay behind and keep me company.

Oh boy, that made Aeri give us that wide grin of hers. She didn't ask further and ran back to the others, leaving me behind with Minjeong.

She sat down next to me and kept glancing— what's up with her?

"Are you okay?"

Oh, I see... she noticed.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just felt a bit dizzy earlier."

"Is that so?"

"I'm fine," I assured.

"Okay, cool... just checkin'."

"..."

"..."

Well, this is awkward.

I cleared my throat, "Why did you stay behind?"

Minjeong looked around where we sat to observe the people that were present. Only a few families came as most were in pairs, probably couples. Seeing this stung something into my heart, but I didn't mind.

I need to get used to it.

"I just felt like staying behind," she scratched the back of her head.

"Really, is that it?"

"...I think you didn't look alright."

"Oh, now you're worried?"

Minjeong grabbed the water bottle in front of her, "I wouldn't have stayed behind if one of them noticed how you almost fell down." and took a sip. "But it looks like you're fine."

Seeing her actually worried about me got me to break out a faint smile, how sad it probably meant nothing. Anyway, I didn't wanna talk about how I was fine or not so I changed the topic.

"I'm thirsty."

"Do you want a sip of this?"

Minjeong reached out her hand to give the water she had in hand. I took this and stared at its head, smirking.

"Is this what they call an indirect kiss?" 

I didn't expect to get a reaction from her, that was supposed to be a joke.

Oh well...

"W-What?"

I snickered, "You know, I really want to kiss you right now. But that would be inappropriate for friends, huh?" I drank the water and emptied it. "I'll take what I can get~" then crumpled the bottle before putting it into a plastic.

When looking at Minjeong, I noticed how she looked red as a beet. How odd, I heard from the rumors that she's deadly confident and arrogant, you call this confident?

Not that it's bad... I actually like it, I've never seen her like this and I think it's adorable.

I want to hug her.

Yet I think that's a bad idea, let's not make her uncomfortable.

Therefore, I stood up and stretched my back. The dizziness was still there, but faint. So I think it's fine to walk around for a bit, maybe truly find myself a spot while at it.

"Do you really have a spot?" Minjeong suddenly asked as if she knew what I was thinking about.

"Nope. Maybe I'll find one."

"What about our stuff here?"

"No one will steal it, it's fine."

Minjeong stood up, "Can I come?"

"Hmm, shouldn't you go with the others to get to know them better?"

"I want to be with you, is that okay?

Suddenly, a cough got to me. I could've sworn I almost choked on air, she said that without hesitation too...

"I want to ask a few things before you leave tomorrow."

Ah... I should have expected that.

Bummer.

"Whatever, Minjeong. Go ahead."

Sulky, I turned my back and began walking my way towards wherever these legs take me. Minjeong quickly ran to my side, looking all confused while staring at my expression. I can't seem to hide it.

I didn't even dare to look at her and looked ahead of me. We kept walking and walking until we reached this particular bridge that went over a small lake, there's no people around and there's this clear look of the sky too.

A great spot.

Then silence descended. Minjeong wasn't talking, I wondered why. So I slowly turned my head to look at her only to unexpectedly witness her staring at me. Realizing this, she swiftly turned away the other direction.

She's acting really weird. However, I didn't mind and solely looked at clear night sky.

It felt familiar, this moment with her happened before. Was it back in Jeju? I think it was, haha... we even played with little fireworks.

At this point, the silence was getting uncomfortable. I wanted to break it, and I did.

"Say Minjeong, those stars look like they're close to each other, but they're actually very far away, aren't they?" I pointed a finger towards the sky.

Just like you and I...

"Ahh, it does." Minjeong looked up, "The things we see aren't always real."

She didn't speak further and merely admired the stars. Then I saw how we're only a distance away from each other. I want to grab her hand and hold it, but instead I hid my hand behind my back.

I pursed my lips and tried once more, though failed again and hid inside my pocket.

I'm so hopeless.

At the same time, fireworks flew up the sky and exploded. Minjeong rested her arms on the bridge's railings, watching them flare beautifully in the sky.

Rather than watching them as well, I stared at her.

"Aren't they beautiful?" she said.

"Mhm."

She's beautiful...

Minjeong parted her lips in awe, "Woah, they're really beautiful."

You're really beautiful.

Eventually, I started to watch them too. The fireworks I've watched from afar are now in front of my very eyes.

"Hey, Jimin."

"What's up?"

"Tell me everything you know about my life once you get back?"

Today, I wish I could stop time and never go home.

"Of course."

And in the end, I wasn't able to do anything.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

86.9K 3.2K 24
When Winter transfers into an art high school, it messes up all Karina's thoughts, but she doesn't resist, because it's just lust, a sweet desire she...
62.9K 1.2K 20
Winter just transferred to a new school, Karina and winter became best friends soon. Winter went through a lot of hard times, she manage to overcome...
70.7K 2.4K 22
After dropping out of college, Minjeong is forced to join her parents on a three month stay to Kwangya, Canada. Not being used to the cold weather, t...
evermore De ?

Dragoste

30.2K 1.6K 11
Ending up with an important deal with her father, Jimin decides to leave her delinquent life to study hard and graduate by the end of the school year...