Saudade โ”โ” Luke Skywalkerยน

By binarysun

Live by love though the stars walk backwards. ( luke skywalker x fem!oc ) ยฉ BINARYSUN | 2022 awa... More

but here, i blur into you.
the extended cast.
epigraph & playlists.
VOL. I, lavender haze
001 | nubian blues
003 | the kryat dragon
004 | tatooine's chaos
005 | eat sand, skywalker!
006 | hazel eyes, starry eyes
007 | weight of the name
008 | beru's distress
009 | a caring nature
graphics gallery.
graphics gallery prt. ii
graphics gallery prt. iii
graphics gallery prt. iv
graphics gallery prt. v
graphics gallery prt. vi
video gallery.
* bonus au: misty

002 | sharp tongue

938 60 11
By binarysun

CHAPTER TWO
sharp tongue

10 BBY,  Anchorhead
Tatooine

Tosche Station is beyond the city of Anchorhead; good thing that Biggs Darklighter's brother, Arrik, obliged to fetch Kaileen and Luke from the Lars homestead. For the Nubian girl, the trip to Tosche Station is nothing novel as the road they took has only sands and piles of rocks for their scenery. Kaileen wonders if the people from Tatooine are on the verge of losing their own sanity because in whatever vicinity she looks, it's either dead or nothing.

She's just hoping the day that her mother suddenly decided they'll never come back to this wretched planet.

The girl silently looks at her surroundings when she hears Arrik ask Luke who she is. Kaileen pretends she didn't hear anything but then she hears the sand-haired boy, "She's the daughter of my godmother. They're currently visiting us."

Arrik steals a glance to the peculiar girl who obviously never lived on Tatooine and back to Luke, "I thought you got a girlfriend, Luke. Camie might get jealous."

The teenager teased the now shy boy and told him to cut it out, as Luke already feels embarrassed that Kaileen is just behind them. He hopes that the sand worm just swallows him because this is a lot worse than admitting to Laze Loneozner that he finds Camie Marstrap cute. He promised that he just never speaks about it but then the ever mischievous Arrik Darklighter has a way of baiting him.

Arrik suddenly asks the raven-haired girl who didn't utter a word, "Where are you from, Kaileen?"

"I'm from Naboo." She briefly speaks to the stranger.

The young man seemed surprised by the girl's home planet, in fact, he did know Naboo because of their father who works in the outer rims as a spaceship engineer. "I see that you're a posh Nubian. Tatooine is not a place for a girl like you."

Kaileen stares at Arrik whose eyes are still at the road, "I completely agree with you, Arrik. I never wanted to be here in the very first place."

Arrik lets out a laugh as he can feel the frustration of the child. In fact, he has the same sentiment. He looks at the boy beside him, "I like her, Luke. I bet Biggs, Laze, Windy and Deak would find her amusing."

The girl crossed her eyebrows in annoyance. Is he referring to him as a source of entertainment for their friends? But Arrik cuts her line of thinking and tells her, "I don't mean it in a rude way, Kaileen. It would be interesting to have a girl with us."

The girl questions him, "I thought you had a girl with you?"

"Marstrap is a peach. It would be interesting for a Nubian girl to get some taste of doing some bulls-eye to womp rats."

Luke almost stood up to his seat as he heard Arrik, he surely didn't have in mind on taking Kaileen just to kill some womp rats. Wherein, Kaileen might tell his parents what he's truly been doing in Tosche Station.

He's truly and eternally screwed.

The sand-haired boy shot a look at Arrik, begging him to shut-up but Arrik Darklighter is quite interested in the Nubian. Maybe, he finds her rather delicate or fragile but little did he know underneath the hazel brown eyes of Kaileen Gozen; the girl find it foolish that such boy would belittle her just because she looked like a "posh Nubian."

She will never understand why boys would judge girls by their appearance. But then Kira was right, boys are easily judged.

By the long journey to Anchorhead, they finally arrived at Tosche Station. Kaileen removes her sand goggles as Arrik parks the land speeder from the entrance.

Luke told her earlier that it's a power station and a repair shop at the same time, but the girl wondered why she's seeing a lot of teens and kids around the station. For her, it reminded her of a place in Theed where Yuri, Elyjah, Ryoo and Pooja would usually visit during the weekends, even telling her it is just for grownups. It still couldn't fathom much in her mind why she's not allowed so being in Tosche Station felt illegal but then, curiosity still invades her mind.

Tosche Station was located just outside of the city of Anchorhead on the Great Chott salt flat of Tatooine. The station consisted of three buildings; the main building housed recharge facilities, a sales office, and game room. Next to the main building was a spare parts garage and repair shop. Behind the main building was the reactor building, which held a from an in-system . The reactor generated energy which was transmitted via underground power conduits to buildings in Anchorhead as well as nearby moisture farms.

Luke hops out of the land speeder and Kaileen does the same, she notices that some people are staring at her, as if they automatically know that she's from Tatooine. Is she that obvious?

Of course, the Skywalker boy went beside her and whispered; "I hope you did enjoy the journey. I promised you that we'll make something out of your boredom."

The boy smiles but Kaileen didn't budge to give a look at him, "Nothing new, Skywalker. I hope hunting womp rats is way better."

He hopes that she forgot what Arrik told her earlier so he tries to reason out, "Why don't we do other things, Kai? Maybe Dejarik chess?"

Kaileen gives a boring stare, thinking that he's actually serious about his offer. Boys would find her as a threat so why the heck would she turn down Arrik Darklighter's challenge earlier? She's not a born ninny!

"I'm telling you right now, Skywalker. I can beat you in Dejarik with no sweat. Are you scared for my welfare?"

He knew that bringing Kaileen Gozen in Tosche Station is a bad idea at the very beginning. Luke will surely remind Arrik to shut-up and not give any more ideas to the seemingly fearless Nubian girl.

"Just a fair warning, Kai. Womp-rats are ruthless and the place we'll be hunting is quite dangerous!" Luke reasoned out again, hoping he could convince Kaileen but the girl didn't take heed to his warning.

The girl pats his shoulder, a sign of assurance, "Don't be a worry wart, Skywalker. You might be surprised that I can shoot better than your Uncle Owen."

Before he can speak, the girl goes along with Arrik who is watching the children talking earlier. There is giddiness in her face, as if she finds this rather exciting! Luke could feel the nervousness taking effect at the pit of his stomach. It feels like his Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru would be furious at why he took her womp-rat hunting. Of all places!

"Who is that girl, Luke?" He hears the familiar voice behind him. Skywalker knows it's Biggs and tells him, "She's a family friend from Naboo."

"Naboo? That pasture planet? Woah, she might be rich." He hears Deaks remarked to what he said about Kaileen.

Biggs puts his arms around his best friend and tells him, "Is this your way of impressing a girl, Luke?"

Luke gives a disgusting look, "Biggs, you're gross. I don't like Kaileen. I just let her visit here because she's bored in the homestead but I kinda regret letting her be here."

The boys beside Luke Skywalker let out a jeer, finding it unusual that he'll take a girl to their womp-rat hunting. As Windy will say a snarky remark to his friend, Camie Marstrap finally comes out of the Tosche Station with Laze.

Camie Marstrap of Anchorhead is a rare gem-at least in Luke Skywalker's mind. He always admired the girl from afar but he wouldn't dare to admit his feelings because he knew that Camie had her eyes on Laze.

He still remembers the days where her parents, a couple of hydroponic gardeners, frequently bought from his Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. The girl has fair skin despite the scorching heat of the Twin Suns but what captivated him are her blue eyes and long wavy brown hair, which she always wore down-making the Jundland air blow her hair effortlessly and slowly cascade on her small shoulders. Those kinds of little things that give the boy butterflies in his stomach.

Biggs playfully punches his arm, knowing that his best pal is yet again in Camie's spell-the young Darklighter finds it laughable that Luke doesn't really hide his attraction towards Marstrap. The boy has no shame and Biggs' finds it rather comical.

"What's that for, Biggs?" Luke asks with certain irritation in his tone, quite bewildered at what he just did.

"Stop being a lovesick fool, Luke. Arrik might tease you the whole day if he catches you looking at Camie again."

Luke playfully rolls his eyes and Biggs just laughs at his predicament, "Come on now, Skywalker. You might have lost the Nubian girl."

For some reason, Luke Skywalker almost forgot that Kaileen Gozen is with him. Why would he forget such a thing?

The interior of the Tosche Station is similar to the architecture of the Lars Homestead, Kaileen thought while looking around. She notices a lot of teens-same as the age of Arrik and hers. She wondered why there are no adults around, despite the danger of Tatooine, so as Arrik lets her sit at the counter, she asks him; "Do you own this place, Arrik?"

The young man laughed, "I wish I do, Kaileen but not really, if it makes sense. You see, Merl Tosche who is the owner of this place rarely goes here due to his other businesses. In a way, I took over this place while he's away."

Concurred by what he said, Kaileen found it amazing that the owner trusted Arrik to take over Tosche Station. But then, the young man took advantage of it by inviting his friends to crash the place. For her, it seems unlikely when the deserts of Tatooine are dangerous. She heard various stories of a warlord somewhere afar where Luke lives or the horrible Tusken Raiders.

Maybe her peers find it normal to live in a place like this. This is the only time that she's grateful that she lived in the very comforts of Naboo.

Arrik handed over a glass of Bantha milk to the girl and she thanked him, he told her as he's already worried for her welfare if she'll come with him and the boys; "Are you serious about the womp rat hunting, Kaileen?"

She raises her eyebrow, as if the girl finds it stupid to ask a question; "Why are you asking me again, Arrik? Are you afraid that I can shoot better?"

Skywalker was right to the Nubian girl, she has this bravado that he finds rather outstanding-coming from a ten year old girl who might never have done field work like most of her peers on Tatooine. Arrik wants to hide his judgment to the child as he observes her carefully.

"For an eight year old, you have a sharp tongue. I bet you're a headache in the household." He teased as he sipped his Bantha milk.

She pursed her lips, agreeing with Arrik's remark. Darklighter let out a howl from the girl's reaction, making other people in the counter stare at them.

Nubians are really something, he thought.

But the girl spoke, "My family couldn't understand me, that's why I'm a headache for them!"

Kaileen folds her arms and lowers her head as her eyes divert to the half empty cup of Bantha Milk, looking more annoyed than irritated at what she exclaimed to a boy who is older than her.

Arrik grins at the peculiar child, "If you don't mind, Kaileen. Why don't they understand you? It seems you can boss around in your household."

Millions of things, her mind echoed. She wants to travel in the galaxy and fight in the Rebellion just like her eldest brother, Yuriah is doing and taking part in the cause. But her mother adhered to her wishes because she's "too young" and she might not last long in Jedha, despite the family knowing the Partisans since the Clone Wars. Despite her mother shielding both her and Rokubei from any topics of war, it's always been embedded in their household.

Ever since, Kaileen and Rokubei are already aware of the on-going war-due to their grandfather, Kambei and Seibei's stories; even though Yari is explicit on never letting their children be awakened to the reality of the war. But then, stubbornness is what drove Kaileen to learn and understand, as the raven-haired girl knows that she'll be taking part in the Rebellion as she grows up. It's an oath that she promised to Yuriah and Kira.

For Yari, it's already alarming for her that her youngest children are more conscious. As she always cries with her mother-in-law, Kaiya Eldar, that her children don't deserve to know such things as their childhood has already been robbed away from them.

But for Kaileen Gozen's young mind-or maybe due to her Mandalorian blood running through the very fiber of her being, she always knew by heart that her place was in the Rebellion.

"I want to take part in the Rebellion." The girl confidently speaks, making Arrik aghast by what she blurted out. Astonished that a child like her would say such a thing.

"Kids your age should be playing with toys, Kaileen. It's not your responsibility or my responsibility to fight the war that isn't ours to begin with." The young man challenged the girl, thinking that she's just talking nonsense.

She shot a look at the feeble-minded boy, as she couldn't believe that such a mindset is prevalent. From the words of her father, it should be their generation to right the wrongs of what other generations did, thus the birth of the Galactic Empire.

Kaileen vividly remembers the words of her father, while both of them are in the veranda of Varkyino; " It is not history which uses men as a means of achieving- as if it were an individual person-its own ends. History is nothing but the activity of men in pursuit of their ends. Remember that, Kai."

And Seibei added as he kneels right in front of his daughter; "History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. The reason the Rebellion can't end the Galactic Empire from my time is because people cower in fear or they think only for their selfish gain but I have faith in you that you and your siblings will see the sun on the horizon."

"I feel sorry for you, Darklighter. If you can't fight for the cause, you don't value your own future and the future of your children."

Arrik is dumbfounded to the girl's words, as if the wind slap him at the side of his cheek. Kaileen grabs her mug and leaves the counter to find Luke Skywalker. As she searches through the crowd, the girl finally finds the boy who is mingling with his friends. His blue eyes noticed the Nubian girl right away, as she's the smallest in the crowd and quickly told Biggs that he finally found Kaileen.

"Can't believe you're now a babysitter, Luke." Biggs teased his close friend.

He rolls his eyes to the younger Darklighter and decides to meet up with the raven-haired girl who's already nonchalant.

"I thought you left the station." Luke tells her as concern is written across his face.

Kaileen raises her eyebrow as she finds it comical that a mere boy is worried for her. Not even her siblings and father would care if she left Naboo without any warning, only her mother would beat her black and blue if she ever did such a thing.

"Skywalker, I'm not a baby you can look out for." She reminds him yet again but Luke utters under his breath; "I know you can do it yourself but Anchorhead is a lot more ruthless than where I live. Whatever happens to you, Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru will kick me out of the homestead."

"I thought at first that you're genuinely concerned about my safety. It's just your good boy image that matters for you." She frowned, trying to annoy the boy but Luke didn't go along with her jokes and said; "Of course, I worry for you. You really want me to say it to you, huh, Kai?"

She raises both her hands in the air, "Geez, calm down. You're like my mother."

As Luke is about to speak again, Biggs went to them and divert Kaileen's attention; "So you're the Nubian girl who wants to hunt some womp rats? You're really brave, y'know?"

Kaileen couldn't decipher if he's being sarcastic or taunting her. Boys are beginning to get on her nerves. Why are they so annoying?

"You might be surprised by me." She says as she puts her hand on her waist.

Luke interferes as he introduces Kaileen to Biggs Darklighter as he wants to cut off the tension between his close friend and his Aunt Beru's goddaughter; and proceeds to tell them, "I hope both of you won't head-butt while hunting."

For the first time of his life, the farm boy never felt so nervous. He knew that Biggs Darklighter is extremely competitive and from observing Kaileen Gozen since she arrived in their homestead, she doesn't want to lose in any challenge.

Biggs laughed at his remark and patted the shoulder of his friend, "Believe me, Luke. I'll be a gentleman to your posh Nubian friend."

Kaileen is much more cross to what he said to Luke. Oh so he's belittling her just because she's a girl! Why do boys always argument her gender? Kaileen has never been livid in her life-except the time she lost from the Dejarik match with Erez Bonteri-Naberrie because she knew that her Aunt Padmé's children were messing her.

But now, she will make it in her mind that Biggs Darklighter hoped that he never challenged her.

Luke Skywalker looks at the girl beside him and from her hazel brown eyes, he can see fury in her eyes even though she remain silent.

The boy sighed heavily; Not again, Uncle Owen's gonna kill me.

author's note:

sorry this took VERY long 😭 due to my irl shit but then, thank god my inspo is back 😝but anyways, expect more of the shenanigans and tomfoolery of luke, kai, deaks, windy and biggs for the next chapters 🥶

and alsoooooo the convo of seibei and kai about "history repeats itself" is from karl marx! and yes, seibei has a marxist perspective and in fact, i created him a flawed marxist so watch out for that 👀 and if you understand the end part of this chapter, you get a free cookie HAHA 🤧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

931K 35.3K 83
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1M 42.6K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
230K 9.3K 60
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...
440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...