Supernova (BNHA x Male OC)

By silverowlbells

A group of notorious villains plan to use the quirks of 6 hostages to open a portal to another world so they... More

1: Where The Rabbit Hole Leads
2: Waking Nightmare
3: Identify Yourself
4: What We Do Around Here
5: Welcome To The Party
6: There's A First For Everything Pt. 1
7: There's A First For Everything Pt. 2
8: School Can Be Rough
9: What I Didn't Tell You
10: I'm Not Talking Pt. 1
11: I'm Not Talking Pt. 2
12: Dream A Little Dream Of Me
13: I Can Handle It
14: Closer Yet Further Apart
15: Brains VS Brawn
16: Seeing Is Believing
17: Camp Isn't Like The American Movies At All
19: I Can Take Them
20: The Thing About Him Is...
21: Symbol Of Peace Pt. 1
22: Symbol Of Peace Pt. 2
23: Battle Scars
24: Nothing Other Than What You Are
25: Mending Thread
26: Training Wheels Pt. 1
27: Training Wheels Pt. 2
28: And Suddenly Everything Changed
29: Brave New World
30: Snap Back To It
31: Good Game
32: (Cute) Mistakes Were Made
33: You Know Nothing
34: What You Need To Hear
35: Logic Is Often Faulty
36: And So It Begins
37: Resolute Pt. 1
38: Resolute Pt. 2
39: Is Prophecy A Gift?
40: I'll Be Her Hero
41: The Meaning Of The Word
42: The Start Of Something New
43: Take A Good Look
44: Festive Charm Pt. 1
45: Festive Charm Pt. 2
46: Surprise!
47: Army Of Darkness
48: This Is Only The Beginning
49: This Is (Not) A Drill
50: Expect It Pt. 1
51: Expect It Pt. 2
52: Stratagize
53: Festive Cheer
54: The Fire And The Flames
55: Keep Up
56: In My Blood
57: Make Yourself Known
58: In The Know
59: Rocky
60: Take Up Arms
61: Awakening
62: I Love You
63: Conquered, We Conquer
Finale
Epilogue

18: Shake Off The Dust

11.1K 555 103
By silverowlbells

There's a reason that Mr. Aizawa made Sanyu so nervous.

It might look on the outside like he didn't like the man or that he reminded him of someone, but really it was just plain and simple fact that pushed the boy away from his actually super nice teacher.

Sanyu didn't have a quirk.

No matter what the paperwork said, he didn't have one. His powers weren't Star Burst, they were nameless energy absorption and expulsion abilities he got when an intern decided to fuck with a 50 million dollar piece of scientific equipment.

So what this meant was that Mr. Aizawa's quirk didn't actually work on Sanyu. He had to pretend it did though, to prevent his cover from being blown.

That's why he was always looking at him and waiting for him to do something. He needed to know when to stop using his powers so it looked like he had a quirk.

Now, you may be wondering, why is this being explained now?

Well that's because Sanyu messed up.

They were practicing, pushing their limits on the first day of the training camp. Mr. Aizawa had told Sanyu to try to create beams without the gloves. Basically to concentrate the energy blasts from his hands.

It was something he had wanted to practice for a while, so he was fine with that.

But then Mr. Aizawa noticed that he looked hurt and used his quirk on him to make him stop.

But Sanyu was a second too late.

The more he used his powers the more conscious he was of the energy he had absorbed from the bomb. Without his suit on it physically hurt to contain the energy.

It also meant that he was slow when it came to shutting off his powers. He had never really had to before, his missions didn't require much subtly anymore.

The teacher raised an eyebrow to him, obviously questioning what had just happened.

"Yes, sir?" Sanyu asked, playing dumb. The teacher looked him up and down. He must have seen something, some weakness that Sanyu couldn't hide, because he just sighed.

"Don't push yourself too hard. If it hurts you can take a break." He said, "We can talk about that later.". Sanyu nodded and grabbed his water bottle. He took a drink and pushed his bangs out of his face.

His hair was getting really long. Typically, he buzzed it after 6 months, when it started becoming a problem. His hair had always grown quickly, but something about getting his powers had made it grow even faster.

It was currently brushing his shoulder, nearly 'Winter Soldier' length, as he called it in his head. Of course no one else would know what he was talking about because those movies and comics didn't exist here.

Sanyu sighed. He couldn't wait to go to sleep already and it wasn't even lunch time. Haemon's dimension, it was middle ground. Peace and quiet with the added bonus of a conversation partner that understands what its like to have been in the Six.

------- -------- -------- -------- -------- -------- --------- ----------

"How do you know how to do everything except cook?" Midoriya joked.

"I can't do everything." He defended. They were working as a group to cook dinner and while some people (Bakugou) were shocking everyone with their cooking skills, some people were a little underwhelming. For some reason the class thought both Todoroki and Sanyu would be good at cooking.

"You kind of can." The boy continued, "You can fly, you shoot energy beams, you play all these weird games, you're fluent in English, you're tall and you're strong too.". Sanyu felt himself get a little red from the praise.

"I'm not tall." He defended. He really wasn't. 5'8 wasn't crazy or anything. Especially compared to people like Shoji or Koda.

"Oyama, I'm 5'4. You're tall." Midoriya deadpanned. Sanyu held back a snort at that, nodding instead. He hoped Midoriya could understand that he found it funny even if he couldn't laugh. He always subconsciously stopped himself before he could show emotions. It was a habit that would take a while to break.

Sanyu finished slicing the potatoes he had been given by Uraraka and dumped them all into a bowl of water to drain the starch.

Suddenly Midoriya let out a squeak. Sero laughed behind them.

Sanyu turned around to see the entire 'Bakusquad' as they called themselves, holding tiny water guns. Ashido shot Midoriya again and he curled in on himself, trying not to get soaked.

"Oyama-help me!" The boy said between laughs as he tried and failed to dodge the oncoming attack. Asui, who was on the other side of Midoriya, was also now being aimed at.

Sanyu blanked for a second before grabbing a cup measure and scooping some of the potato water up. He threw it over the group.

Like always his aim was perfect. The group gasped at the cold water that soaked them.

"Oh it is on!" Kaminari shouted, aiming for Sanyu. The boy was hit square in the chest.

"Get down!" Midoriya shouted playfully, pulling Sanyu below the outdoor kitchen's counter so they couldn't be shot at.

"You don't happen to have a water gun setting on that bionic leg of yours, do you?" Uraraka, who was also under the counter, asked.

"Not exactly." Sanyu said cryptically. The group was used to that sort of stuff from him though, so they just laughed.

Asui managed to throw more potato water on the group, but got soaked in the process.

"Arm yourselves!" Iida shouted, tossing water guns to them from the counter right behind there. Sanyu wondered where the hell they had gotten these as he test-squirted the pink plastic toy that had landed closest to him.

"This means war!" Uraraka declared, a fire in her eyes.

"Yes ma'am!" Asui and Midoriya said with wide smiles.

Dinner preparations were pushed aside as the class broke out into an all out water battle. Oven mitts were soaked, shirts were soaked and the occasional spoon was knocked off one of the many counters.

A small smile worked its way onto Sanyu's face. 1-A always had so much fun and even if he didn't really fit in with them, they tried hard to include him.

Hound Dog had talked about this sort of stuff. About letting himself 'be a kid'. It always sounded so intimidating and embarrassing in their sessions but like this it was just pure fun. Maybe his therapist really was onto something.

-------- --------- -------- ---------- --------- --------- ---------- ---------

Much to Sanyu's sleepy dismay, they were called outside after the sun had set.

"It's a U.A tradition," Mr. Aizawa explained, "We always have a test of courage at these sorts of events and we decided that the fact we're in the middle of nowhere shouldn't change that.". Cheers rang out.

Sanyu had done a test of courage before, at his elementary school. He couldn't imagine what it would be like with 'quirks' though.

"1-B has set up their own challenges for you to go through in partners so divide yourself up and head out. There will be one group of three, I think." The teacher continued. Immediately the class split up into pairs.

"Oyama, would you like to partner with me?". The boy turned to see Tokoyami. He was a bit surprised. "You look like you could truly appreciate the darkness.".

"He's just asking 'cause you can glow in the dark." Koda said quietly. He had a small smile on his face. Sanyu nodded and agreed easily. Tokoyami losing control of dark shadow wouldn't be good.

The group started heading off two pairs at a time to give 1-B some time in between visitors. Sanyu and Tokoyami went third.

After a couple minutes he knew something was wrong. There was a smell, a burning smell, that he just couldn't get out of his nose.

Sometimes he hallucinated the burning scent, a holdover from when he lost his leg. The singed smell of his own flesh stuck around in his brain for a while. But this wasn't that. It was a woodfire and it was real.

"Something's wrong." He announced. Tokoyami nodded.

"We have to get back to camp now." The crow headed boy said. Sanyu nodded and the two started back.

Suddenly something jumped onto the path in front of them. It stood around 8 ft tall.

Sanyu had tried really hard to not be rude about mutant quirk. He wasn't used to them, sure, but he didn't point that out. Honestly most of the time they made people look really cool.

But that...he didn't think it was possible for a human to look like that. It had a chainsaw arm for god's sake!

"A nomu." Tokoyami said nervously.

"A what now?".

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love all the plot points I have lined up for this arc! its gonna be awesome! 

Aizawa not knowing what to do when he finds out his quirk doesn't work on Sanyu is so funny to me. This man has no idea what's about to hit him. 

Meanwhile Keigo's just at home vibing, probably eating some chicken or something. He also has no idea what's about to hit him. 

Sanyu technically doesn't know what about to hit him either. He read about nomu in the news while he was trying to catch up with the new world, but he's never encountered one. 

Oh! And if you don't know I have a new fic out called Off The Rails. Its really fun and chaotic. 

I wrote it as a sort of 'sister-fic' to Supernova. They're part of the same generation of fic for me. Think of them as that misery x cpr mashup. Supernova is misery, Off The Rails if definitely cpr. 

Stay Tuned! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.3K 1.7K 47
Hirota Suzumi, additional member of class 1-A bringing their numbers to an awkward 21 because she wasn't really meant to be there but surprisingly, t...
48.3K 1.3K 20
Take me instead!" "What did you just say kid?" "I said take me instead." Shigaraki though for a second then smiled. "As you wish." Izuku midoryia al...
14.5K 1.2K 29
"𝙒𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙥𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮 " Props to Uncle Ben, for that absolute banger. Unfortunately, the...
105K 2.2K 22
Izuku Midoriya has never felt more confused. Being a villain has taught him to never get attached to anyone, because they'll either end up betrayi...