Dolore di Layla

By MzTitania

Married to a man who would go to ends of the earth to make her happy, Layla didn't live the picture perfect l... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
THE ASSASSIN'S TALE

Chapter 20

1.9K 76 7
By MzTitania

It was a normal working afternoon like always with humans endlessly seen performing their various tasks and assignments. Like the rest of them, Kay was currently in her four-man office, mind buried deep in thoughts as she typed away on her keyboard trying to meet up on the presentation of a report which would be due in an hour. Her supervisor Mr. Maxwell had been nice enough to grant her little passes here and there while she took care of Layla but there were some things even he couldn't overlook.

      "I knew it would be on TV!" The black-haired female exclaimed with her eyes glued to the television.

  "what's that Anna?" Another female questioned

"The engagement of Xaviar and Sophia "  Anna replied as she headed over to pick up the remote from Mr. Maxwell's desk.
She increases the volume to enable her curious colleague to listen to the news.

     "I can't believe he is getting married again and it's not to me " the latter feigned sadness

"I know right" Anna chuckled at her words when she glanced at a busy Kay

   "Kay, he was married to your friend right?"

  "Huh?" Kay's reply was short and distorted as she continued with what had her attention

      "Xaviar, you're friends with his ex-wife right"

     "ya"

"their marriage must be over for him to announce his engagement " these words were enough to redirect the busy female's attention

       "he's getting married?" With shock evident in her tune, she tries to make out what Anna had been blabbing all along.

"Yea, it's on TV" the other female replied, pointing at the television

     Her eyes quickly read through the caption as she listens to the heavy words of the newscaster, unfortunately, seconds later, she had switched to another entertainment news.

    "here, it's on Instagram also" Anna hands her phone over to Kay as more proof.

Kay shook her head in disbelief as the depth of this story sunk into her. Xaviar was getting married to his mistress and they were expecting a baby together. He had shamelessly taken to Instagram to post such, not taking into consideration how Layla would feel if she saw it.

Layla

Her best friend's name flashed through her mind and her eyes grew bigger.

She would see this.
She pulls out her iPhone, immediately dialing Layla's number, once, twice, with each call going straight to voice mail.
"here" Quickly pushing back her chair, she stands and hands over the phone back to Anna

"Tell Supervisor I had to go home. It's an emergency" the words rush out as she dashes out of the office.

She had to get home at that moment, there was every possibility Layla had seen the post, and knowing the state she was in, she could take drastic decisions.
  Just as the vehicle roars to life, she places a call to Layla's mother who picked up after the third beep

"hey mum"

"How are you dear and how is Layla?" The middle-aged woman spoke

"Xaviar's getting married mom, I just found out. "

"What? How's my daughter?"

"I'm on my way home right now, I called her prior but it didn't go through "

"Do you think she has seen it?" Kay could sense the fear coming with that question but she had to have faith

"I'm not sure, I'll call as soon as I get home "

"okay"

After the brief conversation with her best friend's mother, she tries to give Diego a call to find out what he knew about this whole situation. Her thoughts wandered to what his reaction would have been like when Xaviar broke the news to him and how he could allow him to post such on his Instagram, her train of thought is cut short as her phone beeps to show he hadn't picked up.

Minutes later she was parked in her driveway, hurrying to the locked door. After two loud bangs and screaming her friend's name, she moves back to the car to get her key. Pushing open the door, Kay takes large steps inside, her blood pumping rapidly causing her heart rate to spike as she couldn't find Layla in the living room or the kitchen.

"Layla!" She yells as she barges into the bedroom.

She takes a step back in dismay, her eyes fixed on the mess before her, broken glass and blood decorated the once clean tiles.

"Layla, what have you done" the female murmurs to herself in fear. She could feel her feet rooted to the ground. She was scared to move, scared of what she would see at the end of the blood trail, scared at how far Layla was willing to go as a result of Xaviar's actions.

Taking in a shaky breath, she pushes herself forward, eyes strained forward like she was searching for gold.

"Oh no!!" Kay screams as she rushes to Layla

"oh my lord!! Layla! What have you done!!" Her body trembled at the gruesome sight as tears began falling out of her eyes.
She pulls Layla out of the tub and tries performing CPR but it didn't seem to be working. In her entire life, she had never felt as confused and afraid as she did at that moment looking at the lifeless body of her friend. Dipping her hand into her pocket, she brings out her phone and dials the emergency number

"Hello, this is emergency services. How may I help you " a lady's voice invaded her ears

"my friend, she's not breathing, I came home to see her drowned in the bathtub with her wrist slit, I don't know what to do ". She rushes out as more tears escape her eyes. The lady was able to calm her down a little before she asked for her address and promised Kay that help was on the way.

True to her words, the emergency medical services arrived minutes after the call. When they arrived at the scene first aid was administered before she was taken to the ambulance. Kay currently occupied a space in the vehicle, staring straight ahead at nothing in particular as the paramedics did their job on her best friend. Her right hand raised to her face with her finger in her mouth as she anxiously bit her nails. It was a bad habit she couldn't stop.

"Ma'am, your phone is ringing" one of the people spoke, pulling Kay from her train of thoughts

" You didn't call back, how's she? Is she okay?" Layla's mom rushed out

" she's not okay" Kay bursts into tears over the phone as she narrates the ordeal to the woman. By the time she was done talking, Layla's mom had started to cry also. After acquiring what hospital they were headed to, Kay texted the information to the worried mother.

Just as she places down her phone, it rings again but this time it was Diego
" Sorry I missed your call, we were in a meeting with Xaviar "

"Diego" her voice broke as she tried to speak

"what's wrong? What's going on?? "

"it's Layla. She tried to kill herself " she sobs
"and it's all Xaviar's fault. How could he do something like that!"

"What do you mean she tried to kill herself? Where are you right now?"

"With the paramedics, on our way to a hospital "

"fuck! How bad is it?"

"Really bad Diego, I got home to see her drowning in in the tub with her arm slit. I don't even know if she's just unconscious or in a coma right now "

"text me the address, I'll meet you there " With those words being said, the call ends and Kay does as she's told.

Layla is quickly wheeled into the emergency room as they arrive at the hospital with Kay following right behind them. To her, it probably felt like her friend would disappear if she wasn't beside her at this vulnerable moment. Her eyes were fixed on Layla's pale form with an oxygen mask as she lay unmoving on the stretcher making more tears roll down her cheeks. This was enough proof to her that depression was real and could happen to anyone.
Nurses were seen scrambling around trying to cater to the needs of the young girl who was currently battling for her. Or was she? Maybe her soul was willing to live but her body was weak.
Kay is left alone, pacing in fear and frustration. She had never felt time move as slowly as that moment. Five, ten, fifteen, and twenty excruciating minutes passed with her figure tracing circles on the hospital grounds.

"Kay! Where's she? Where's my daughter??"

"Mom" it felt like flood gates were let open immediately after Kay heard Layla's mother. She broke into furious tears

"they're still in there" she wails as the woman engulfs her in a hug.

As a mother, Patricia couldn't explain the sort of pain and suffering she was currently in. She felt like she had disappointed her daughter, her only offspring. She felt she wasn't a good enough mother, cause if she did the right job may be Layla wouldn't be fighting for her life at that moment.

"Please sit" Kay ushers her after they get a hold of themselves.

More minutes pass by with the two females praying earnestly for Layla's life to be spared. The doors are pushed open as the doctor walks out. Kay spots him first and rushes to him

" how's she doc? Please tell me she's alive?" She questions as Patricia meets the duo

" well we've done what we can, we've extracted most of the water from her system, unfortunately, she had lost lots of blood before she arrived. We carried out an emergency c-section to save the child. " he pauses

"And??" Kay pushes

"I'm sorry the baby didn't make it. Her body is struggling. Right now I can't determine anything. All we can do is wait to see how her body  responds"

"Can we see her?" The mother questions

" unfortunately ma'am you cannot do that right now"
He replies before requesting her to his office to fill out the patient's form
After the revelation, Kay is left alone once again, sitting and waiting for nothing in particular.

Her phone rings breaking her train of thoughts, glancing at the device it was an incoming call from Diego.  At that same moment, Patricia makes her way back from the doctor's office.

"Hey I'm at the hospital" Diego's voice blurts out as she accepts the call

" I'm at the waiting area" just as she said these words, she caught sight of him advancing as he also sighted her.

Her eyes widen in shock at the figure trailing begin the approaching man.

Why was he here?

This thought lingered on in her mind till they got to the duo.

" What is he doing here?? " Patricia fires in anger as she takes notice of Xaviar. He was dressed in black joggers and a matching hoody.

"What are you doing here Xaviar?!? What do you want??" She raises her voice enough to start attracting the attention of people

"Did you call him here Kay?"

"No mum, I would never" she interjected

"I told him about what wa- - " Diego tried defending but was cut short by the accused

" I wanted to see her"

" why?!? Why now!!!" The angry mother continued as Xaviar tried taking down the hood to expose his face.

" How is she? Is she alive?? " He spoke

"you don't have any right to ask that question!" Kay spoke in anger, she also didn't fail to notice he hadn't asked about the baby. His flesh and blood.
By now all attention was drawn to them as bystanders caught sight of what was happening,  Whisper going back and forth as they took out their phones to record. Everyone struggling to get Xaviar Lucasino's scandal on camera.
Omg, that's Xaviar!
Is his wife sick? Is she dying??
Was he crying?!?
He looks disheveled!?
Omg, his eyes are red and puffy, he was crying!

"Babe?? Is everything okay??" A female voice suddenly comes from the scene

" I told you to stay in the fucking car, Sophia!" Xaviar yells

That's Sophia!!
Omg, she came along with him!

" you brought you bitch here?!?!? Oh hell no! Leave right now Xaviar!" Kay speaks agitatedly at the sight before her. How low could he get?

"I think we should leave," Diego said offering Kay an apologetic look. He knew allowing Xaviar to come here would be a mess but he couldn't turn him down when he noticed how affected Xaviar was by the news.

" I don't ever want to see you anywhere close to my daughter! She's dead to you from today! Stay away from our lives!" Patricia finished as he was ushered out by Diego.

This story would rake the entertainment world for quite some time, that was a sure fact.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 4.6K 48
"Stop it, just stop it, " he growled furiously at me, studying in disappointment "How many lies you are going to feed me now, after all, you have his...
2M 62.7K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
1.3K 79 32
"You should have never talked to me in the first place" he said causally his calmness was scaring her "the more you run the more I want you...
507K 22K 29
"He'll become your eyes....and you'll become his heart." •°•°•°•°•°• She was like a delicately beautiful broken butte...