Bodyguard's Love

By Kawaii_Imy

Luana Aubretia is the princess of Auvrovaria, the most powerful empire in the world. Daughter of Emperor Arth... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 24

4.1K 156 78
By Kawaii_Imy

The small group had breakfast together in the room where Luana was.

After that, Lucas helped Sofia carry the dishes they had used back to the kitchen while the doctor checked on Luana's condition.

"Everything seems normal to me at the moment. How are you feeling ?" he asked the young princess.

"Apart from the fatigue, I feel great," she replied.

"Good. Fatigue is one of the side effects of the soporific. So, it's nothing to worry about."

"That reassures me. Thank you very much, Doctor. For everything," she said, smiling.

"Please, My Child. I only did my duty."

Lucas came back into the room with Sofia. He walked towards the old man.

"How is she, Doctor ?" he asked.

"She's doing very well, My Boy. She's fully recovered. There's no need to worry anymore."

"That's very good news !" exclaimed Sofia with joy.

"Yeah... Thank God..." Lucas whispered with a sigh of relief.

The young princess gently took off the blanket covering her legs and tried to get up. But she felt slightly dizzy and fell back gently on the bed.

The old lady helped her to lie down again and covered her up.

"Don't force yourself, Sweetie. You're still a little bit weak," Sofia said worriedly.

"We have to go, Aunt Sofia. We have to get back to the inn. We've already caused you enough trouble as it is," Luana retorted.

"What trouble are you talking about ? You will always be welcome here, Luana," Alastair exclaimed.

"I know... And thank you so much for that... But..."

"No buts. You're our guests and you're going to spend the night here. We haven't had the opportunity to have a good dinner and talk together yet," he added.

"That's true. Do us this favor, Luana. Please, My Child," asked the old lady.

"Come on, Aunty Luana ! Say yes ! Please !" begged Susan with a puppy dog expression.

Under the pleading eyes of the old couple and their granddaughter, Luana looked hesitantly at Lucas, who nodded affirmatively, smiling at her.

The young princess sighed heavily before showing a big smile to the old couple.

"Okay..."

"Yippee !!! Aunty Luana and Uncle Lucas are going to spend the night with us !" exclaimed the little Susan with joy.

Luana chuckled lightly at the little girl's cute reaction.

"Yeah, Sweetheart. But first, we need to get our things back from the inn," the young princess said.

"Don't worry about it. I'll go get them now," Lucas replied.

"Okay... Thank you..."

"I'm going out too to go get some medicinal herbs in the forest before lunch," Alastair said.

"So, we'll all meet at lunchtime," concluded Sofia.

"Yeah, that's it," the young knight replied.

The little Susan tugged slightly on her grandmother's dress to attract her attention.

"Grandmother, Grandmother !" she called her.

"Yes, My Darling ?"

"Can I go with Uncle Lucas ? I want to see the city, please."

"Honey, Uncle Lucas has work to do. It would be best not to disturb him."

Lucas walked over to them and stroked the child's head.

"Do you want to come with me to the city ?" he asked, smiling affectionately.

"Yes, Uncle Lucas !" she replied, her eyes shining with enthusiasm.

The young knight turned his gaze to the old lady.

"Do you mind if she comes with me, Madam ?" he asked hesitantly.

"Of course not, My Boy ! I was afraid it would be inconvenient for you."

"No, don't worry. I'll just bring our stuff from the inn anyway. It would be great to have some company," he reassured, smiling.

"As you wish, My Son."

"Come on, now. Get dressed warmly so we can go, Susan," he ordered, stroking her head.

"Are we going on horseback, Uncle Lucas ?"

"Yes, of course."

"Yippee !"

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

In a deserted and isolated place surrounded by very tall and thick trees, stood a person in front of a huge rock. She was wearing a long black cape with a hood that completely covered her head.

The person raised her hand and placed it in the middle of the large stone.

"Open up," she whispered.

A purple light emanated from the stone and a kind of huge magic portal opened up. Once the light disappeared, the person entered in.

She found herself in a very long, dark hallway that was lit by red colored candles. The walls were made of beautiful gray stones and the floor was made from black marble.

She walked slowly down the hallway. The only sound that could be heard was that of her high heels.

A few minutes later, she found herself in a huge room where there was a large round table, 10 chairs around it and a throne at the end.

"Already back, Roxy ?" a female voice asked.

The person turned her head to the left and met the gaze of a young woman who had just emerged from a dark corner of the room. She was tall and thin with tanned skin. Her hair was brown, long and curly, and her eyes were deep black.

She was wearing a costume consisting of a white jacket and black pants with a pair of black high heels. She also wore a lot of sophisticated jewelry.

The person in front of her pulled the hood down from her head to reveal her face. She was also a young woman. She had long, wavy purple hair, eyes of the same color, and pale skin. The woman was also tall and thin.

"Soren," the so-called Roxy whispered.

"You're back very early, aren't you ? Didn't you have a mission to accomplish ?"

"Yeah. My mission is completed. That's why I came back."

"Already ? Awesome. I don't see your dear snake pet with you. Did you forget to bring it back ?" the young woman remarked sarcastically.

"No. He's dead. He was killed right after being of a huge help to me. Not that I care about that."

"I see..."

"The Grand Master isn't here ?" she asked while looking around.

"No. He hasn't come yet. Why are you looking for him ?"

"I have very good news to tell him," she replied, smiling slyly.

"You should wait for him, then. Although, I doubt he would come here today."

"It's okay. I'll wait for him."

Roxy turned around to sit on one of the chairs that surrounded the large table.

"I'm very curious to know what this good news is, that you can't wait to tell him," the other woman added, smirking.

Roxy looked up at her and smirked back.

"The princess is in my hands, My Dearest Soren."

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

Once arrived at the big gate of the city, Lucas got off his horse and carried Susan in his arms to bring her down also before taking the animal to the stables.

After that, he took the little girl's hand, and the two of them slowly walked towards the beautiful busy streets of the city.

"It's very beautiful here... It's been a long time since I came here with grandfather," exclaimed the little Susan.

"Then, enjoy it," Lucas replied, smiling softly.

"Where are we going exactly, Uncle Lucas ?"

"We're going to the inn to bring my and Luana's things back. And after that, we'll take a walk together around the city, okay ?"

"Okay !"

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

After about twenty minutes, they arrived in front of the inn. Once inside, they were greeted by the employee responsible for reservations. The latter showed an expression of relief when he saw the knight in front of him.

"Sir ! Finally, you're back ! I was worried sick about you ! Especially since you spent the night outside ! What happened to you ?! And where is the young lady who was with you ?!" he asked hastily.

"She's fine. Don't worry. We spent the night in our friends' house who is a bit far from here. I came to pick up our things that we left behind and to give you the keys back too."

"I'm glad to hear you're fine, Sir. Please take your time. And since you only stayed one night when you paid for three, we'll refund you."

"No, there's no need. Just keep the money."

"O-oh... O-Okay... Thank you very much, Sir..."

The young knight went upstairs with Susan. He walked over to Luana's bedroom door first, and opened it with the key.

Once inside, he opened the small cupboard which was in a corner, in front of the bed and took the small bag which was inside, as well as the bag of fruits that he had bought.

He took out a peach from it and handed it to the child.

"Here. This is for you," he said, smiling.

The little girl's eyes widened with joy, displaying a very big smile before taking the fruit from the captain's hand.

"Thank you very much, Uncle Lucas !"

"You're very welcome."

After that, they left the princess's room to go to his.

Susan sat down on the bed while the knight picked up his things which were in the cupboard. He had his head buried inside, searching.

"Uncle Lucas ?" the little girl called.

"Yes ?" answered the young man with a muffled voice.

"When are you and Aunty Luana going to get married ?"

The young knight jerked his head up brutally and banged it against the wooden shelf above.

"Ouch !!" he exclaimed in pain.

"Uncle Lucas ?! Are you okay ?!" the little girl worried as she approached him.

The captain rubbed his head lightly to soothe the pain.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry."

"That must hurt a lot," Susan added, a sad expression on her face.

"No, don't worry. I'm fine. But tell me," he began.

"Yes ?"

"Why did you ask me when I was going to marry Luana ? You know that she and I are just friends," he asked.

"Oh... Well... That's because I noticed that Uncle Lucas looks at Aunty Luana the same way Grandpa looks at Grandma. So, I figured you must be in love with her," the little girl answered innocently.

"Susan ? Are you sure you're only 5 years old ?" the young man asked nervously.

"Yes. Why, Uncle Lucas ? Is what I said not true. Did I say something wrong ?" she asked hesitantly.

The captain stayed silent for a short moment before sighing heavily.

"No, that's not it. What you said is true."

"I knew it !"

"But ! You have to promise me that you won't tell this to Luana or anyone else. This must remain a secret between us, okay ?"

"Okay. But on one condition."

"Which is ?"

"What I want is that the next time you come to see us, you and Aunty Luana, you bring me a little brother or sister to play with," she said enthusiastically.

The young knight's cheeks turned as red as ripe tomatoes. He couldn't find the words to answer her.

"O-okay... I promise you..." he whispered.

Susan lifted her little finger and held it out to him.

"Pinky promise ?" she asked.

Lucas chuckled lightly at the child's cute gesture. He lifted his little finger and intertwined it with the girl's.

"Pinky promise."

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

Lunch time approached. Luana was with Sofia in the kitchen to help her prepare the meal despite the latter's retorts.

"You really should rest, Luana. You're still weak."

"Don't worry, Aunt Sofia. I feel fine. Besides, I really want to help."

At that moment, Alastair entered the house.

"Honey ! I'm back !" he called out.

"I'm in the kitchen with Luana !" replied Sofia with a smile.

The old man entered the room, a small basket in his hand.

"I brought back with me some delicious mushrooms that I just found on the way back home."

"Ah yes. It's their season," remarked Sofia.

"Exactly, but they were still a little hard to find because of the snow. We should add them to lunch."

"Okay. The meal is almost ready. It will be in time with the return of Lucas and Susan."

On these words, the door opened revealing the two concerned.

"Speaking of the devil," Alastair chuckled.

"You two are just in time," Sofia said, smiling.

The little girl walked over to her grandmother while holding two small bags in one of her hands while the other was hidden behind her back.

"Grandma ! Uncle Lucas bought me fruits and candies when we were in the city !"

"Oh... That's very nice of him ! Did you thank him ?"

"Yes !"

"Good girl," replied the old woman, stroking her head.

Susan turned her gaze to Luana and walked towards her. She handed her a small bouquet of red roses and pink tulips that she was hiding behind her back.

"This is for you, Aunty Luana. We found them, me and Uncle Lucas, in a place not far from here and picked them for you."

Luana knelt down next to the little girl and took the bouquet from her hand before putting a little kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you very much, Susan. They're so beautiful. I love them."

She looked up at the knight who was looking at her affectionately with slightly rosy cheeks.

"Thank you very much too, Lucas."

"You're welcome," he whispered.

The old lady watched the scene pass before her eyes while smiling softly.

"These flowers are very rare in winter," Sofia remarked.

"That's true. That's what makes them even more beautiful," Alastair replied.

"You're very lucky, Luana," the old woman said, chuckling lightly.

"Thank you, Aunt Sofia," Luana replied, smiling.

The princess put the bouquet in a vase which she put on the dining room table.

Once the meal was served, everyone sat down to eat while talking about everything and nothing..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.6K 2.8K 178
The Emperor's Concubine duology. Book one and two are combined. *** The Emperor's Concubine *** The world seems harsh and cruel, especially when you'...
1.5K 462 14
πŸ†Round 2 QualifierπŸ† Princess Aurelia, better known to her friends as Aure, has led a comfortable life in the kingdom of Geldery for as long as she...
962K 49.6K 73
β€ŸTonight shall be the first and last night that we spend together, Gianita, for I do not intend to produce heirs by this marriage. The Prince would s...