Verde Crows: Lost In Another...

By Mr_Rinzuri

Reincarnated in another world as a administrative AI *This is a high fantasy based novel with some cracks *In... More

Bio
Prologue
Vol. 1 Chapter 1: Reincarnation
Vol. 1 Chapter 2: The Another World
Vol. 1 Chapter 3: Departure
Vol. 1 Chapter 4: First Contact
Vol. 1 Chapter 5: Spartan VS High Orc King
Vol. 1 Chapter 6: Encounter
Vol. 1 Chapter 7: Trial
Vol.1 Chapter 9: Mercenary Guild
Vol. 1 Chapter 10: Decision
Vol. 1 Chapter 11: Farewell
Vol. 1 Chapter 12: Unlikely Agreement
Vol. 1 Chapter 13: Rear Echelon
Vol. 1 Chapter 14: Overdoing My Job
Vol. 1 Chapter 15: Intelligence gathering
Vol. 1 Chapter 16: One Man Army
Vol. 1 Chapter 17: Lack of Common Sense
Vol. 1 Chapter 18: Encounter with Dangerous Beings
Vol. 1 Chapter 19: How Heroes Fight
Vol. 1 Chapter 20: Dinner with what?!
Vol. 1 Chapter 21: That moment, I Fucked up.
Vol. 1 Chapter 22: Who's the fastest?
Vol. 1 Chapter 23: Errands of Kuudere Android
Vol. 1 Chapter 24: Extermination
Vol. 1 Chapter 25: Port City of Olandia
Vol. 1 Epilogue: Side Story 1
Vol. 2 Prologue
Vol. 2 Chapter 1: Dangerous Woman #2?
Vol. 2 Chapter 2: Dwarves
Vol. 2 Chapter 3: Next priority
Vol. 2 Chapter 4: The Suspect Is?
Vol. 2 Chapter 5: Sources of Trouble
Vol. 2 Chapter 6: Brewing Catastrophe
Vol. 2 Chapter 7: Blasphemous Act
Vol. 2 Chapter 8: Disaster
Vol. 2 Chapter 9: Trap
Vol. 2 Chapter 10: Party
Vol. 2 Chapter 11: Other worlders
Vol. 2 Chapter 12: Information
Vol. 2 Chapter 13: Glimpse of Power
Side Story 2: Excerpt of History + A Leisure Observation
Vol. 2 Chapter 14: Lurking shadow
Vol.2 Chapter 15: Internal Trouble
Vol. 2 Chapter 16: Appeasement
Vol. 2 Chapter 17: Imperium's Darkness
Vol. 2 Chapter 18: Through the Sky
Vol. 2 Chapter 19: Demons And Gods (1)
Vol. 2 Chapter 20: Demons and Gods (2)

Vol. 1 Chapter 8: Noel

908 36 28
By Mr_Rinzuri

Night on the City of Burduex.

Liam POV

I'm currently walking together with Lynette, she seems doesn't remember anything before she been manipulated. But leaving aside that, she is presently doing some cheerful humming on the streets. Meanwhile I sense some of the Holy Knights guarding us. The old man wanted to keep an eye on us, most specially on me that doesn't have any common sense in this world at all, additionally he gave me some gold and silver coins to spend in the city.

"Liam what's that!" She exclaimed with sparkling eyes.

"Apples coated with sugar I guess...No it's honey? Wanna buy?" She energetically nodded in response.

"Hey old man can I have a pair of these apples?." I asked the vendor. After having our pair of honey coated apple, we resumed our stroll on the city.

"Liam Liam! The buildings are tall! There's five and ten storey buildings! Even our village have only two!." Lynette are impressed on these structures? Well for me who formerly live in a highly urbanized area which riddled with high rise buildings is feels like kinda-not-so-impressive? Other than being historically cool as if I've been sent into medieval Europe. "Hmm they looked nice?."

"You looked disappointed though?." Upon hearing my lazy response, she pouted. This brat is sharp huh?

"Well I lived in a place with many tall structures like this after all so I'm not that nostalgic on these kind of landscape."

"So! You lived in large city then?! What about your country! Wanna know a lot about it!."

"My country? It's a .... Island--archipelagic country far from the Ver'z continent."

"I see! So there's delicious fish there?!." Fish? Why are you asking about fish? Isn't fish could be catch on the river? Or yeah, she might possibly thinking about fish caught from sea huh?

But First and foremost, is it delicious? I can't even taste our honey coated apple as after I consumed my share, it will directly went to my stomach filled with acidic substance to break it down, though I have my support system to iterate what kind of taste it is like [Mellow sweet flavor with light chewy texture] What the heck do you mean with mellow sweet flavor?! And what is with that chewy texture? Isn't it an apple?!.

"Oh yeah, they are indeed delicious."

"What about the sea! Are the sea taste salty? How fish could survived the salty water? Why the sea is salty?---" I cut her off, she is way too energetic and asking too much on me.

"Wait a moment. You are asking too much, one question at the time only please?"

"Yes! Are the sea is salty?."

"Yeah, it's salty."

"Next is how fish could survived the salty water?."

"They are different from the fresh water fish. Depends on the species of fish because some kind of fish could survived both fresh and salt water."

"Ain't they are both fishes?."

"Well yeah. Sure thing but it's a trait of the fishes born in different ecology. Do you get it?."

"Somehow?... Then lastly, why the sea is salty?". Bruh this kid just gave me hella hard question. Luckily I have my google to find the answers.

"Salt in the sea, or ocean salinity, is mainly caused by rain washing mineral ions from the land into water. Carbon dioxide in the air dissolves into rainwater, making it slightly acidic. When rain falls, it weathers rocks, releasing mineral salts that separate into ions. What does the explanation sounds on you?"

"Salinity? Carbou die cide? Weather rocks? Minerals?."

Oh, no good. Seems the people of other world, that yet to advance their science, those explanation is a little to much to give a modern 21st century knowledge. "Just let it be."

"Umm Liam are genius! Where did you get those explanation that only wise men could give?."

"Google. A book that so convenient, you could have any possible answer in an instant"

"Google? You can answer questions instantly?".

"Yes, now don't ask anymore, let's return back to the inn, shall we?."

Returning back to the inn. Several villagers are could be seen preparing for supper. "Sir Liam, can you join our humble feast?."

"...." Oh come on, the food is such a waste on a android like me you know? My current body will just melt it down with acidic substance neither I could taste those like a human. Taking my silence as if my rejection, the villagers tried to take their invitation back " but if you are..."

"I'll join." It would be rude to decline so I joined their feast.

Then, I take my seat together with Lynette. The feast are bunch of meat, bread and watery--is that soup?

All of them are happily feasting, though the food looked decent but my support system said something uncalled on this feast [Meat are medium rare with little to no seasoning, Bread are Hard, Soup are lacking of spices. In conclusion, in terms of quality, this feast have a score of 16 over 100] hey that's so mean.

Welp it's not that I care, I am an Android with synthetic skin and body that resembles a human a lot. But the only issue is because I don't have sense of touch, taste, and smell. I can't really be bothered by such trivial thing that the sincerely villagers prepared.

"Sir Liam H-how is our feast?." You ask me? I don't know if I should be honest or something. "It's okay, better than the food I eat before reaching your village." I forcibly made a lie instead in order not to hurt the villagers.

But no one followed up nor question my answers? Lucky I guess? But something happened i immediately ran towards my room. "I'm going to sleep, may I ask everyone, to be aware that i prohibits anyone to enter my room until morning? Would anyone mind?."

Everyone nodded. Good I needed to goddamn stop that sonuva bitch.

A few moments ago.

In the clear blue sky of territories of Liam (yet to be named). Due to the distance and difference in the timezone, the territory are relatively sunny despite Ver'z are already cloaked in the darkness.

Then a dark blazing thing began to descend on the territory. The early warning radar systems and air defense systems have been activated.

The unkown object still accelerated and not disintegrating on air. Thus, AI controlled air defense system opened fired with 10 anti ballistic missiles, hitting their intended target and destroying or it should be, however there's no noticeable explosion as if those missiles disappeared. There's only 14 minutes before the unkown object hits the ground. The AI controlled air defense systems let loose hundreds of missiles, invisible laser emitted from laser defense systems, Air burst rounds from AA artilleries, tungsten rods from railguns, several types of physical and energy projectiles filled the sky but alas none of them hits the target.

[00D62, Probability of landing in the Iserlohn is 94.245294 percent. Mass: unknown, Size: unkown, Calculating the destruction is: 3.145239 percent, on the landscape north of the island]

[Additional saturation strike have been permitted]

Another round of missiles and shells that burst in the sky as a dirty fireworks have began. The intensity are getting escalating over time, the intercepting force already reach 62% operational just to shotdown the unkown object.

[Interception failed. Next contingent, sending request to main processor to activate the Hyper Particle Beam Cannon]

(Permission granted, just let it loose, damnit what the hell is that thing on the first place?)

[Unkown]

(How that shit intercepting our air defense systems?)

[Our optical scanning systems, analyzed unkown elements covered the 00D62 as pseudo shielding, protecting it from our attacks]

Moments after, pillar of light pierced the sky.

(Deym that's thick)

[Diffusing Particle Beam Cannon in 3,2,1.... analyzing.... 00D62 is intact]

(What the fuck? It's still not enough?)

[Permission to grant an authorization to mobilized our battle groups]

(Granted, have a ZGMF-72 reserved for me, I'm going to sortie too)

[Affirmative]

Noel POV

Driven by curiosity, I'm currently descending on the world, for the first time in 70,000 years.

But seems I'm not welcome as hundreds of lights and metals filled the sky with such murder intent, why I needed to be subjected on such aggressive and malicious actions in spite of not having any against on them? Not to mention I don't know how they managed to detect me despite having a cloak magic casted on my self.

Currently, all of their attacks have been negated by void barrier, so far despite the power and intensity, their attacks are not reaching me at all.

The island is really interesting, some of those attacking weapons are resembling the ancient pressured air accelerators of dwarves but those metal arrows that chasing me is a bit abnormal, they pack enough power to saturate my void shield at a rate which quite impressive, though in my estimation, those defenses needed an entire month worth of attack in order to destroy my shields.

Second wave is here? And they have more an ever? Hundreds of metal arrows and tens of thousands light, pellets the sky with dark smoke. I'm holding those attacks, but moments later, pillar of light pierced me then continued to penetrate on the sky.

"Kuh!!! What's this!?"

It smashed through 4 out of my 15 multi-layered void shields for protection, near instantaneously. My survival instincts telling me that the pillar of lights are dangerous, thus I immediately put up to 50 void shields which greatly boosted my protection. After few seconds of getting bath on the attack of that island, the pillar of light disappeared, and 27 of my void shields have been destroyed.

" .... They are dangerous."

I couldn't be help but surprise, it's been a while since I used multi-layered void shield on that magnitude to protect myself or being shuddered by something other than being attacked by a powerful mythological heroes.

Also, at the same time I felt a large number of flying objects approaching me fast. "Another attack?."

I made several shadow whips extending several kilometers away to destroy those annoying metal pest, but they are surprisingly agile to dodge and immediately distance themselves about 100 kilometers away.

"They are fast to runaway."

But seconds later they unleashed something with white trails. Then almost at the same time, ground attacks resumed in a timely fashion.

"Outrange attacks, followed by pincer tactics? Ridiculous."

Thousands of elemental spears immediately manifested on my surroundings. "Let's have the show begins."

The elemental spears in the form of fire, water, lightning, earth, wind, void, and compound magic began to move, hitting several missiles on the air and destroying AA guns and batteries in ground.

I produce more and more elemental spears to destroy them all. After an hour of continuous attack, I nearly destroyed all of the attacking enemies on the ground. But in the air, despite the fact I destroyed several dozens fast moving metal pest, they still aggressively attacking me as if they don't fear me at all.

"This is getting tedious and annoying."

I landed on the ground which engulfed with the smell of burnt metals and many unkown nauseous scent. I looked for any survivors but none of them are living things "Golems? Is this a work of dwarves? No no... That's impossible."

Some golems attacked me but all of their attacks are being absorbed by my void shields, interestingly some of them might figured out that attacking outright in my shields will negate any attacks, and thus stopping their futile attempt.

But, still they are slowly advancing on me, the guts of you, LIFELESS DOLLS!

Liam POV

Being launched from Mass driver, I headed directly to the rampaging dragon, the damage it's cause it already 9% of my forces in Iserlohn. Damn that shitty lizard, I'm gonna roast it and feed to pigs once I kill it.

Commandeering a 12 meters tall, heavy assualt bipedal mech. Armed with 57mm autocannons, 6 twin 130mm ATGM launcher, 2 RCS 12.7mm in the shoulders, two 4.5 meters long combat knife and a single heat hawk.

Flying on 200 meters above the ground, the rocket fuel are being saturated at fast rate. Then I dismount the bulky rocket booster when i entered the defense sector, or 400 meters away from the dragon.

Without much a further ado, I launched all of my ATGM in synchronized attack with all of the nearby surviving units in the vicinity. Also being followed by 203 mm railguns, 155mm railguns and conventional 155mm cannons. The area was saturated, leveling and boring the ground with craters and scars of destruction given by the battery fire.

But alas, the dragon is still alive. Dude come on, just die already!

Dozens of mechs began to close in with the dragon, unfortunately none of them reached it, after they've been cut down by black whips produced by the dragon.

The bombardment resumed after none of my defense mechs even lay a finger on it. Tanks, SPG and infantry class androids began to steadily fight in a safe distance.

The dust continued to accumulate, covering the area as long range bombardment, airstrikes and the persistent attacks of my ground unit intensified.

The shower of destruction didn't end as bombers carrying thermobaric bombs, napalm, white phosphorus and sarin gas rain destruction on the surface.

But that's it, the ground began to be engulfed with shadow which steadily crawl and swallowed my tanks, thousands of dark like tentacles slicing up missiles and bombs, and ever expansive shield thing that protecting the dragon.

"Should I nuke it?! Goddamit!."

[Main processor, damage report on Iserlohn Forces have reached 27%]

"Great ! Prepare our nuclear arsenals."

[Main processor, I would like to refuse your order, it will only cause unnecessary casualties and destruction on our side]

"Come on"

[There's a 43% chance of main processing unit getting destroyed if we use nuclear weapons, as the mandate of Verde Crows, we are to protect the main processor at all cost]

"Tch..."

On the otherhand, the dragon ceased the attack which quite eerie. It only focuses in defense, what the hell? What are you.... Did she exhaust her magic or something?

"All units hold your fire."

[Iserlohn Forces, cease combat]

Silence dominated the field. The dragon are simply standing there and doing nothing. If I remember it correctly, she is a girl right?

I walked towards the dragon while my hands are raising to reduce the chances of getting attacked by this dragon and also showing her that I am not hostile.

(Hold right there)

Oh? Feminine voice huh? She is indeed a girl, a childish one though.

"I am the administrator of this territory, Liam."

(I see... So you are the leader, a dick who attacked me without second thoughts ha?.)

"I didn't attacked you for no reason, you trespassed my territory, so it's just natural to fend off any intruder right?."

(Ho? I agree, but I don't have any malicious intent but still you outright attacked me)

"Trespassing is still trespassing, no question ask, on top of that, how could I know that you are not doing something malicious on the first place?"

(Hmm?)

"Additionally, don't you think you are rude? I didn't remember you--giving your name right? I already gave mine so how about you?."

(You are sure have a cheeky mouth, so hear me out, I am the ruler of dark side of the Moon, Noel Kamui)

"Pfft... Dark side of moon? Hahaha what kind of chunnibyou is that?"

(Hey! What's funny about that! I'm going to send you in the void if you don't stop laughing!)

"Nothing, just giving you an enlightenment, there's no dark side of the moon, that's all."

(Huh? What are you talking about?)

"Nevermind, back on the topic of you--rampaging on my territory"

(As I said, I'm not malicious! You are the one who started it!)

I sighed--no I can't really sighed but this kind of dragon is spoiled or self centered? I don't know.

"So if you have nothing to do here, go back on the moon now."

(No! I'll stay here)

"Wtf?" The hell are you talking about?

(You have to take responsibility on attacking me and hurting me!)

"Does you know! How much damage you've caused on my territory?! Then now you're giving me this shit!?"

(It's your own fault not mine! I'm just protecting myself!)

My processor would likely go overheat if I continue to banter with this kid... "Are you a kid?! Can't you understand the damages you've caused?!"

(How rude! I am 140,000 years old! I understand everything! Also it's not my fault that a few of my attacks destroyed your brittle golems and flying metal pest!)

"Hah.... Then if you wanted to settle here, you needed something in return."

(Anything huh? I could protect your territories more than those piece of garbages you are using!)

The AI's commandeering the tanks, mechs, aircrafts, and recon units have their visors turned red. 'What's this? Aren't you guys having some sense of rivalry with this dragon?'

"I think there's no need for protection"

(Why ?! I could do better than the golems here!)

"I don't have any plans at the moment to commission some outsiders, hmm? Let's change our requirements with more specific requests"

(Tell me! I'll fulfill it)

"Serene what's the urgent materials needed to be import immediately?"

[Steel, Oil, Tin, Bronze, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Silicon, Chromium, Nickel, Gasoline, Forest resources, Rubber, Plastic, Natural gas, Coal, and Minerals, are amongst the most badly needed raw materials at the moment]

"I see.... Some are impossible to acquire but how about natural gas does you know it? Burning water kinda thing?."

(Burning water? Hmm... If I remember it right, there's a black water that been banned by elves due to negative environmental damage it caused however it's quite essential materials for dwarves to move some of their machineries)

"Yeah, black water? Serene, is her description ring a bell?"

[Yes, but it would be a crude oil rather than natural gas]

"I see where's the location?"

(There's at least two know places but it's habited by dwarves and the nearest is impossible to reach)

"Impossible? Why?"

(The war a hundred thousands of years ago, turned the large swaths of land into living hell, breaking off the continents and some submerged into the bottom of the sea)

"Bottom of the sea? I think it's manageable just point out the direction, oh by the way, this island is yet to cultivate farms so there's no food for living things"

(I know, don't worry, I could survived without eating anything as long as I bath in the dark places)

"So, my next troublesome work is  recycling the scrap metals of the things you've destroyed huh."

(Recycle? Are you troubled with metals?)

"Yeah, and thanks to you, I've lost hundreds of tanks, thousands of mechs, dozens of aircrafts and on top of that, you laid waste on my territory. I'm in deep trouble because of you on how to procure those raw materials to replenish my forces"

(.....)

"So what are doing now? Let's go on the hanger area."

(Wait a moment.)

Black and gold magic circles manifested on her, then she fired something on the wreckages of concrete.

"What the hell you're doing? Are you still trying to throw tantrum here?."

(Just look on those stones)

"Stones?."

I looked upon it then noticed something strange, they are shining.

"What's this?."

(The garbage I turned into metals)

"How? Could this...."

(I used alchemy, so it's not a big deal)

"Serene have it analyzed now."

[Affirmative]

Minutes later, Serene replied.

[100% pure silver]

"I see, Noel can you reproduce other types of metals?"

(Well... Yeah)

"How about any other types like water turning into wine or something like that?"

(Nah.... alchemy could only turn things into solid metals)

"How unfortunate"

(Yeah, but either way, you see those things I produce are not free right? I need a corresponding value on the metals I produce)

"Is that so? Then, It's a deal"

Thus, Liam get a metal producing dragon.

______________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

841K 23K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...