UNKNOWN | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 4)

Por ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNTOLD) UNRAVEL book 4: When darkness envelopes Aine Estoileon's eyes, she sees throug... Mรกs

[ 01 ]
[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 33 ]
[ 34 ]
[ 35 ]
[ 36 ]
[ 37 ]
[ 38 ]
[ 39 ]
[ 40 ]
[ 41 ]
[ 42 ]
[ 43 ]
[ 44 ]
[ 45 ]
[ 46 ]
[ 47 ]
[ 48 ]

[ 08 ]

30 3 0
Por ixfixite_

The morning rays shine down on Twelve Grimmauld Place as birds began singing to start their day. Aine glanced outside the little peaceful neighbourhood, passersby were cycling or strolling past and not one single soul had noticed the awkward little nook between the flats. She didn't need to be told knowing for a fact that the hideout for the Order of the Phoenix was probably concealed in the Muggle world. It took her a great while to regain herself after trembling all night after the vision, she massages her temples as it replayed once more in her head. 

She looks back to her friends, sprawled across the area. Ginny and Hermione were both snuggling by the bed while Harry took the other armchair next to the wardrobe, his chest slowly rising and falling, Ron was snoring as he lays next to his twin brothers who were sleeping soundly next to him while Aion was next to Fred, his head resting against a small cushion. She decided to head downstairs, tip-toeing past her brother and friends and was careful to not wake them so early. However, Aion was a light sleeper, he immediately jerked awake when he senses someone walking by him and he squints, trying to rid the sleepiness from his eyes. Aine gulps when she heard her brother's raspy mellow voice calling behind her, "Lianna?"

"Aion!" she said, flustered. "Did I wake you up? I'm sorry," she reaches the door when her brother soon sat up and she quickly urges him back. "No, no, no, go back to sleep. It's still very early!" she whispers and he shook his head, his ash-blonde hair curling in all directions and it looked fluffy. 

The boy glimpsed around and he groans, exhausted after playing all night. "What time is it?" he asks her and she looks at the small clock near the dresser.

She purses her lips, "It's still a quarter past six in the morning," she answers sheepishly and he blinks.

"Why are you up so early then? It's still early for a game..." he slurs, wobbling about and she giggles to herself at the sight of her brother.

"I'm headed downstairs to see if Mrs Weasley needs any help in making breakfast. You should sleep for a while more, Aion," she advised him. Aion peeps open one eye, a sleepy smile plastered on his face as he nods.

"I'll take your offer then. Don't wander off mindlessly, alright?" he reminded and she gives him a thumbs up. "Oh, but the way, can you wake me up around seven later?" he pleaded and she raises a brow.

"Sure, why though? It's still way earlier than the usual timing you wake," Aine questions and he sighs.

"Another Order meeting later..." he murmurs and she chuckles. 

"I got it. I'll wake you later," she promises and he thumps back onto the pillow on the carpet, watching his little sister sneak out of the room.

"Thanks, little sis. Love you..." Aion told her, affection twinkling in his eyes as he hear a little short 'Love you too' back before his drowsy eyes took over. He soon fell back asleep, the smile still evident on his face as he drift to a slumber. 

Aine took a moment to stretch her limbs by the staircase, tiny pockets of daylight flowing in from the windows and it didn't look as dark as the time when she first came. She quickly brushes up and tied a small half-bun, letting the other wavy half down as she skips towards the kitchen. It was still very empty and she figured the others were probably still sleeping. When she finally arrives behind the black wooden door, she twisted the knob and peeks at the small gap. She didn't know why she was being so secretive and it wasn't as if waking up early is a sin, right?

Surprisingly, the seats by the table were already filled with her father, Arthur Weasley, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks and the faint sizzling pan where Molly Weasley was at. Almost all the adults were pretty much awake at such an early hour. She looks to the other side, Sirius was still not here yet, or so she thought. 

Until a large eye appeared right in front of the little void she was peering into, "What are you spying at, doll?" Sirius wonders, amused and she jumps backwards, startled that she almost cursed. He squinted at her and opens the door for her and the rest of the crowd looks over to Aine.

"Sirius! Hi! Um... Good morning!" she chuckles with embarrassment and he burst into a fit of laughter. Remus clears his throat and his friend stops laughing. Her face lit up and she asks, "Is it alright if I come in?"

"Of course, sweetie! Come on in!" Mrs Weasley welcomes her brightly and she steps into the kitchen. Sirius followed her behind as she took a seat across from her father. 

"Good morning, everyone!" Aine greeted them and one by one, they greeted her in return. She smiles, casually watching what the others were doing. Molly Weasley was still cooking something that smells really good and it was making her mouth water as the sizzling sound echoed throughout the room. She stood up and walks over to her, watching the pancake batter bubble up, turning into a lovely shade of golden brown when the lady flips it over.

The aroma was just incredible and she whirls to the island. The bowl of vibrant fruits sitting in the middle with a chopping board next to it. "Do you need help with these fruits?" Aine asks the red-headed mother who gasped, nodding her head. She completely forgot about those after she began frying the many pancakes for the family.

"Will you help me with those, dear?" Mrs Weasley inquired and Aine grins.

"Would be glad to be of service!" she chirps back and she places the apples, peaches and strawberries in a bowl to wash them before slicing them neatly together with the bananas. The unison sound of the knife grazing the wooden board made everyone turn in their direction. Even Molly had stolen a little peek at the girl and raised her brows, amazed by her skills.

"So why are you up so early today, doll?" Sirius asks, leaning on the opposite side of the counter and staring at the beautifully cut strawberries. He pops a piece in his mouth and Aine shot him a glare and he smirks, confidently placing another. 

"I... Couldn't go back to sleep, had a little bad dream," she awkwardly chuckles, sighing and her father approaches her. 

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" he asks, concern smeared all over his expression. He realized that lately, she has been getting more nightmares even though she hadn't said anything. 

"Nothing I can't handle!" Aine answered blatantly, a lie, of course. It was bothering her whenever she had those dreams but she just didn't want to worry her father. Perhaps she could tell a close companion of hers about it...

Without noticing the looks her father was giving to both Sirius and Remus, Aine continues plating the fruits she had prepared on a large plate. She turns to Mrs Weasley and walks next to her, "Do you mind if I use some sugar, a pot and some fire, Mrs Weasley?"

"Oh! Yes, Aine. Here, take this!" she offers. Curious as to why she needed a pot and a fire. She quickly finishes the remaining batter and snarls at Sirius when he tries to steal a bite from the pile she has completed.

Tonks skipped over after some time, wondering what was the sweet fragrance filling the air and it turns out that Aine was making some jam with the remaining apples, peaches and strawberries using some sugar and stirring them over the small pot. "WOAH!" she beams at the colour of the thick mixture. "Didn't know you're a cook, Aine!" 

"She is actually. A really good cook," smirks Elliot from the side, proudly boasting his daughter's skills and she gave her father a look. Her cheeks glowing. 

"It runs in the family," Arthur Weasley stated with another smile.

"She's gonna be such a good wife," Sirius commented, admiring Aine while Elliot scowls at him. Aine's father steps in between her and Sirius and slowly yanks him away.

"What? I'm just stating the facts! She seems to be a really good cook, El! I'm envious now... I should get myself a wife that cooks well~" Sirius whines, sitting back down onto the chair. He purses his lips and rests his chin on his hand, wondering when breakfast would be ready.

By the time she was done making three different types of jams, she poured them into glass jars and ran back up to her room to wake her brother up. It was nearing seven soon and he did task her in waking him up. 

Much to her surprise, he jumped straight up when he heard her calling him. However, just like her, Aion had a hard time trying to wake up in the morning and would just keep his eyes shut as he walks to brush himself up, without managing to hit or bump himself, not even once.

The meeting with the Order went on until it was around nine and since Aine was underage, she wasn't to be let into the discussion. However, Elliot and Aion had promised to tell her afterwards if it concerned her. For the remaining two hours, Aine had taken the liberty of wandering about the home that didn't seem as menacing as it was before. 

With the place now slowly glowing at corners, she could see where she was walking and it seemed even cosy to her now. She decided to use one of the spare rooms near the ground floor to spend the remaining time reading her books as she waited for the meeting to finish and for her friends to wake up. The room she was resting in was rather spacious inside, there were only two big bookcases, a velvet armchair, a small coffee table next to it and a serpent lamp and a wall mirror. It had given her a massive amount of space to walk about while reading. It was also surprisingly well maintained. 

Kreacher must have been maintaining not only the corridors but the many rooms of this house, she thought to herself.

Aine flips open her book of potions, reviewing the little notes written by her father and herself. There were so many more things she has yet to learn as she drowns herself in the world of knowledge, time seems to pass even quicker. When she was done, it was already half-past eight and there were thirty minutes left. Growing bored, she ambles around the room; watching the muggles outside the window past by to aimlessly walking in circles, the dream from last night surfacing once more when her mind was left empty.

She shook it away, not wanting to revisit it. It was troubling her so much and how the sight of the Dark Lord only made it worse. It was as if she could see through his eyes or another's and she hated it. She hated being connected with him in some spiritual ways that she couldn't fathom and the unsettling burden that rests on top of her. Her eyes trail to the organised books by the shelves and paused her tracks in front of the bookcase.

Her fingers were trailing over the faded inscriptions on the spines of the books, there were a couple that was in a language she didn't understand. But amongst the leather-bounded volumes, one caught her eye. It was lying in between two large tomes at the end of a shelf and it was smaller compared to the rest of the books, yet it was still thick. Then her eyes scan the title: Living With Legilimens: Choose Your Minds Wisely.

As if without knowing, she reaches for the book and lumbered towards the carpet in the middle of the room where her books were laid over it. She sat down and flips open the book, her eyes moving from side to side as she mumble the words of the text.

"Legilimency— The act of navigating through the many layers of a person's mind and correctly interpreting one's findings. A person who is known to have practised this art was known as a Legilimens... The opposite of Legilimency, also known as Occlumency was used to shield one's mind from the invasion and influence of a Legilimens..." She pauses and contemplated her inner thoughts. Were the visions she was experiencing frequently the act of Legilimency?

Aine continued on, she was so focused that she became oblivious of the passing of time. Her fingers were dragging across the words as she reads and her brows furrowed with concentration.

'Legilimency could be performed through non-verbal and wandless magic for advanced witches and wizards, however, it can also be cast with the Legilimens incantation by those who are less talented in the skill. Furthermore, highly skilled Legilimens could also communicate with other witches and wizards telepathically, even if the target was at a substantial distance. The Muggles deem this as an act of 'mind-reading', but skilled practitioners deem the term naive.' 

'By performing Legilimency as a form of communication, their thoughts, emotions, and memories can be passed into the mind of the desired recipient without directly accessing it, thereby creating the message in their minds.'

'Similarly, witches and wizards of ill intent could also use this as a way of influencing the mind that they invaded.'

Aine's mouth gaped as she read the last line. Her fingers were tightly grasping onto the page until it formed a crease from her strength. The clues were all displayed right in her face and there was no doubt that she has been practising Legilimency unconsciously. It was either that or she was able to foresee the future or present. 

She had hoped to find solace in this book when she first began reading it, but now, her mind was even more jumbled up with worry and bothersome thoughts. Aine cursed under her breath and threw her back down onto the plush flooring, placing a hand over her tired eyes. She sighed.

It was obstacles after obstacles, without ending. Just when she thought that she could be at ease after knowing the truth of her mother's departure, came another problem. If the dreams and visions she had of Voldemort were true and she was truly invading his mind without either of them knowing, it could pose a greater threat for her and the people around her. Or, conversely, it could be used as an advantage for the Order of the Phoenix to go against the Dark Lord. 

Aine let out a frustrated groan and kicks her legs in the air, "What should I do..." she asks herself. She peels her hand away from her face and stares at the black ceiling, her eyes boring through the wall above. "I should really tell someone about this..."

"Tell what?"

The girl sat right up, composing herself from her unsightly state earlier. She clears her throat as she spotted Remus Lupin at the door. 

"I tried knocking a few times but there was no reply, so I went on in," he chuckles lightly, "I hope I'm not bothering you, Aine."

"Oh! No! No, sir! I mean— Remus!" Aine waves her hand and he smiles, coming into the room as he looks around. "Gosh, that sounds so weird..." she murmurs to herself. It was still very odd to call her former professor his first name so casually and every time she did, her fingers were curling inwards from the cringe. She was feeling so awkward around the older man that she ended up watching what he was doing.

Remus strolled across the books before landing on the book Aine was reading earlier. He cocks his head, the small novel intriguing his curiosity. "What are you reading about, Aine?" he asks and she flinches.

She plays with the book in her hands, "Oh, this? I was just reading about Legilimency," she answers, showing him the book as he took it from her hands. He browses through it and raises a brow.

"Why are you reading such an advance book?" he questions and Aine went quiet. She averted her gaze away before biting her lips. Should she confide in him about the visions she had? He was a former Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher after all. Perhaps he might know something about the dreams she had and help her.

She stammers on her words, "I— I was actually hoping to see if I could find something related to the weird manifesting of my dreams... It happened quite a few months ago and I would somehow see these sorts of visions and sometimes they're true but I don't know what to do or how to control them! It's maddening..." she confesses and Remus's eyes grew wide at her words. He sat her down and crouches to her eye level. "Do you think there's something wrong with me, Remus?" she asks, distressed.

"How long have you been having these visions?" Remus asks her and the look on Aine's pale face faltered to a nervous expression.

"Since the Triwizard Tournament, I had been in some sort of trance that allowed me to see what was going on inside the maze during the last task. I could see and feel the heavy air and the chilling wind, everything was so clear yet hazy at the same time and it was as if I was transported to the location despite being at the Quidditch grounds. And when I opened my eyes, I was back to reality..." Aine replies, dejected. She went on telling him all about the visions; about how she could see the rebirth of Voldemort, the green killing curse targeted towards Cedric, the figure of the dark lord standing over the edge of the window, looking ahead with the menacing smile on his face. But also the dream she had last night where Nagini had seen and interacted with her, unlike her master. 

A wave of guilt and shame washed over the girl as she pours her thoughts into her mentor. Every single time she looks into the mind of the greatest Dark Wizard of all time, she was filled with not only rage but temptation. It gets worse every single time and was like a poison, a drug that was infused into her mind, polluting every cell inside her and tainting her identity. "Wh— What if I can't control it? What if I lose control of myself? What if I get pulled closer to it and can't go back? What if I chose the wrong side?" she gabbles on, panic surging closer to her. "I can't tell dad about it because I'd worry that I'll make him anxious and I don't want that! But it's driving me insane when I see things I never wish to see!" she exclaims, clutching onto her temples as she buries her face in remorse.

Remus shakes his head as he held onto her petite shoulders, snapping her out of her hysteria, "Aine, calm down. Listen to me," he pacifies. "Look at me," he urges her and she glanced up through her falling fringe. Her pupils shaking. "We will figure this out, do you understand? Everything will be alright. Tell me more about your visions, have the Dark Lord ever noticed your presence whenever you see him in your dreams?" he asks her.

Aine's lips sealed together and she shook her head steadily, "No... It's more of a one-sided effect. I can sort of read into his mind and thoughts and see through his eyes but he was never aware of my visitant. He did feel like there was something there but he could never see me." 

The brown-haired man furrowed as he nodded to himself, "I see... What you're telling me sounds like you are performing Legilimens indeed. However, it is strange that the Dark Lord was unable to tell or notice your presence whenever you invade his mind. Especially since he, himself is extremely gifted in the art of Legilimency, he took pleasure in doing it to torture the minds of his victims."

"Is that bad..?" 

Remus places a finger on his lips as he strokes his chin, "If it is true that you can see his mind and view his thoughts, I would even say you might be even better than him, Aine!" a beaming smile flashes across his face and Aine gulps.

"I don't want to see his mind! I don't want to read his thoughts! It's vile and horrible and I never want to invade his revolting mind!" she retorted back, stressing her hatred in intruding the mind of a monster. However, Remus ignored her views and squeezes her shoulders till it was starting to hurt the girl.

"Aine, listen to me. If you can take over his mind and discover his inner thoughts— Perhaps! We can use your abilities for this raging war! And we might be able to win this time—!" Remus tells her, his eyes shining with hope but Aine only got more agitated, she was slowly becoming terrified of him. 

"You have to control this ability—"

The doors burst open with a slam before the man could finish his words. Standing outside of the room was a furious Aion who stares at the older man in disbelief. His chest heaving up and down, he couldn't stand to continue listening to the blathering of his fellow Order member. Aion stomps into the room and steps between them, shoving Remus away from Aine and shielding his sister from him. It causes Remus to snap out of his desperate hopeful behaviour.

"Aion, what are you doing?" Remus calmly asks him, he didn't feel like he had offended the younger lady in any way and only hopes for the best for her.

"Aion..?" Aine muttered, pulling on his sleeves from behind. She was glad that her mentor finally broke out of his little odd behaviour and that her brother was here but she was just puzzled at his attitude.

The boy scoffs, "I apologize for barging in on your conversation but I couldn't go on without interfering," his eyes soften at the sight of his sister before he glares ahead at Remus. "Were you planning to take advantage of my sister, sir?"

Aine gasps, nudging him," Aion! What are you—" she interrupted.

"Lianna, stay still," he instructed, his tone growling low and his forest green eyes landed grimly on Remus. His usual soft and calm character was replaced with an unsmiling expression filled with an austere look. "Answer me, sir. Were you planning to use Aine's abilities that she feared to read Lord Voldemort's mind for the upcoming battle?" he demands.

Remus became flustered, his hands waving in disagreement. "Aion, there must be some kind of mistake! I didn't mean it like that— I was just thinking since we figure out Aine could use the power of Legilimency against the Dark Lord without him realizing, maybe we could find out his plans and be a step ahead of him!"

"How dare you—" Aion seethes.

"Aion!" 

A pair of shoes clicked outside the room and halted in front of the open door and all eyes turned to the familiar figure. His sleek, black shoulder-length hair fell in his eyes as he held on to an expressionless face, a brow jerking upwards as he eyes at them. "Am I— Interrupting something...?"

"Professor!" Aine greeted and the man's lips flatten, he rolls his eyes. Hating to have stumbled upon this mess they have created. He debated whether to just walk away or watch the events unfold, hoping to see some sort of entertainment after the boring meeting he was forced to sit through earlier.

Snape's eyes shift back to Aine before landing on the two men. Remus sighs and Aion continues glaring at the Potions Professor. "Did you hear that?" he asks the brooding man.

"And what would you do if I had said 'yes', Mr Luceras? Hm... Or should I say, Mr Estoileon? I wonder which names you go by now?" he snickers under his breath, a hint of mockery in his voice.

Aion narrows at him, contemplating for a second before he answers back, "I assume you did. Perfect!" his steely demeanour fading to a smirk. 

"What?" Snape questions.

"Then you can join us," the ash-blonde boy grins, pulling Snape into the room much to the older one's displeasure. He quickly closes the door and turns around to hear Snape clicking his tongue, glowering at the boy.

"What do you think you're doing? Tsk. You and your father— Always such—" Snape snarls, dusting his clothing after Aion releases his grip on his robes.

"Teach her," he said and Snape raised an eye. "About the power of Legilimency and Occlumency," Aion finishes and the Potions Master scorns. "Please."

"Why should I?" Snape questions, looking down at the boy who bit on his pride. Surprised at his change of attitude. Still, if there was a person who could teach his sister the art of mastering both Legilimency and Occlumency, it would definitely be Severus Snape. "I've heard you are rather gifted in it yourself, Mr Estoileon," Snape commented.

"I will but I needed someone who could teach her when she's in Hogwarts. You are the one I could entrust to train her there..." Aion replies, balling his fists. 

"Hmm..." hums Snape.

"Please, sir," the younger lad beseeched.

"And what would I gain in exchange?" the professor questions.

Aion swallows, his stare hardening as he spoke, "Anything. A favour or if you need me to do something, someday in the future— I'll do it.

Aine lurches forward, "Aion! What are you doing!" she snaps at him as she met the gaze of her brother. She didn't know why he was going this far for her. She couldn't understand the meaning behind that despairing face so all she could do was shake her head. "Don't do this for me, I don't want you to ask a favour because of me!" she said. "Don't..." she whispered in a muffled plea.

Her older brother smiles softly at her, his hands reaching to caress her cheeks. "I'm not going to let him hurt you, Lianna. That's why I'm doing this to protect you," Aion explains. "Learn. Grow. So that one day, you'll be able to protect yourself too. Snape is a good teacher, so you'll be in good hands," he reassures her. 

A sneer came behind them and they look at the taunting man. "How touching, siblings love," Snape spats.

"Jealous?" Aine managed to let out and the man rolls his eyes again. 

"As if."

"Will you do that, Severus?" Remus asks, sceptical that the man would comply with the younger ones' request.

"For you? No," Snape replies sternly before his eyes linger on Aion and Aine. He studies their nervous expressions before he sighs. "For them?" he questions.

Aine held her breath until her professor spoke once more, "A favour for a favour." 

The Estoileon siblings exhaled with relief and their expressions lightened up. They glanced at each other before looking at Snape. "Thank you," Aion mutters.

"Don't thank me yet," Snape remarks. "This will be tough training and I won't hold back or go lightly." 

Aion smirked and Aine gulped, she plastered a forced smile as she replies, "I'm looking forward to it." However, with a softer voice, she added, "Not really."

With a mutual agreement between the parties involved, Aine mentally prepares herself for the lessons. Not wanting to waste the favour her brother had asked from Snape, she was determined to give her all to make sure she could control her mind and thoughts. Yet, deep down, there was another unnerving feeling that even she couldn't shake away. Not only was she anxious for the lessons, the aftermath of what is to come had her quivering. 

Can she really handle this as well as they thought she could?

No... I have to. For them, for father, for Aion. For myself.

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

Alright! We'll be back in Hogwarts very soon! Please bear with me a little longer! ^^

On a side note, Happy belated Birthday to the one and only Draco Malfoy! 

- Zeneria

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

272 39 26
"Lies can be so pretty, if you're a fool to actually believe them." ~โ€ข^โ€ข~ 'Tell Me Pretty Lies,' by moongirlel. A Harry Potter fanfiction. (Draco Mal...
65.8K 2.4K 35
"๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ก๐ž๐ซ, ๐‡๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ?" "๐˜๐ž๐š๐ก, ๐ˆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ˆ ๐š๐ฆ." ---- 9ยพ โšฏอ› ---- "What's your name?" "(Y...
50.3K 1.4K 42
Draco Malfoy: cold, distant, ignorant, rude, arrogant, and above all else, downright gorgeous. Juniper Hartley: caring, intelligent, unfathomably sw...
3.6K 156 25
*Completed* Aine Estoileon was just an ordinary girl living over the hills of the outskirts of England, Devon. She grew up believing she was normal a...