Hurt,Betrayal And Sacrifice

By mishi144

"I'm not your personal doctor. And why the hell you want me to bandage your forhead when you have long list o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Author's note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Author's Note
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 38

3.2K 117 12
By mishi144

Dua's P.O.V

I stopped the car in front of my house wher I've grown up. After whatever had happened between me and Hashir, I didn't know what to believe. I knew I trusted him and believed whatever he said but still it wasn't any less shocking.

I've arrived at my house but I didn't know how to get in. If what Hashir said was true I didn't even want to imagine what my mother must've gobe through as it wasn't possible that she didn't know anything. But why she didn't tell me? Why did she kept me in the dark? My head was literally spinning from all the questions and I decided to go in instead of suffocating myself in the car.

I knocked at the door and unlike all the times, it was my mother who opened the gate. I engulfed her in a bear hug almost squeezing her. Her warmth had me forgetting about all my problems.

We went inside and kept chatting. I told her everything which had happened and then asked her if she knew about everything. Her bowed head gave me the desired answer. But instead of getting angry I hugged her hard. I don't blame her for not telling me. She had her own reasons and no women want to tell her children about their father's affair with a married woman. I had no reason to be angry. Instead I felt bad for her but also proud. She was the bravest woman I've ever seen.

We kept talking whole day untill it was night time. And now I was somewhat bothered. It was the time for my father to come home. Which meant I had to face him which I didn't want to.

He came home at about 10pm. We already had our dinner and I was sitting in the lounge with my mother watching T.V.

He entered and after seeing me his eyes almost popped out of sockets. Maybe he wasn't expecting me to be here after whatever he had done. He covered his shocked expressions with a hard look and gave me a glare.

"What is she doing here?"
He yelled at my mother and I stood up from the sofa where I was sitting.

"It's my house too."
I answered confidently looking into his eyes which had a menacing glint in them.

"You are dead to me since the day you eloped with your lover. It's no longer your house."
He yelled at me infuriating at my rude reply and I chuckled sarcastically. I've had no idea what had gotten into me then. I just wanted to hurt him as much as possible.

"You can't break blood relations even if you want to. Otherwise I would've been an orphan by now because having a father like you is better than having no one. And I didn't come here to see you. It's my mother for whom I've come. And the lover with whom I've eloped is my husband. The same man you got me married to. Unlike you I didn't have any affair with anyone."
I yelled back with same intensity and he was taken aback with my answer. Guess he wasn't expecting this one since he had no idea that I had gotten to know everything.

I didn't wait for any reply and took my mother with me. She tried to resist at first seeing my father's state but I didn't let her. This man didn't even deserve our sympathy.

We went to my room and slept. Unlike I expected, I had a peaceful sleep after I've vented my anger on him.

Almost a week had passed by. In these days, I haven't talked to Hashir even once. I did text him that I was alright so he didn't get worried but I didn't talk to him. I just wanted to have some time to think.

My father and I were on unspoken terms. He ignored me like I didn't existed and same was the case with me. After that night's drama, I didn't want to see his face.

I've made up my mind to convince Hashir to not give any proofs against him to Police. It wasn't because I still cared for him or anything. It was just the last favour I was giving him from my side for bringing me up. Afterwards, I didn't want to have any connection with him.

The sudden yelling had me come out of my thoughts and I frowned. Who was my father yelling at in the morning?

I went downstairs to see Umar and my father yelling at eachother. I didn't even want to know the reason as I already knew it must be because of me.

Umar looked at me and froze on his spot. Guess he wasn't expecting me here. I smiled at him reassuringly and looked at my father with cold eyes.

"It was me who forced Umar to do everything. It has nothing to do with him."
I stated looking at the man in front of me who clenched his fists at me at my blatant disrespect.

"I've made up my mind to convince Hashir to not give any proofs to police about the illegal business you ran. Don't make me change my mind."
I whisper yelled and see him coming towards me in rage but before he could come near me, Umar had me covered with his body.

"Don't you dare."
He warned and I glared at my father. This man won't change. What was I even expecting?

"You will regret it Dua.... Soon you will immensely regret your actions."
My father whispered sending shivers down my spine at his odd tone but I didn't answer back.

Instead, I turned around when I felt my head heavy. I shook my head trying to clear the haze which clouded my eyes but nothing happened. Instead, I lost consciousness and fell to the ground.

I could hear Umar's panicked voice saying something but I couldn't quite understand it and closed my eyes.

Hashir's P.O.V

She wasn't talking to me for about a week but it felt a month to me. I've come back to my mansion from Haveli by making an excuse for myself and Dua for her sudden departure and thrown myself into work. I was working for almost twenty hours a day without sleeping a wink.

Asfi was angry with me at my workaholic behaviour but I couldn't do anything. I didn't know how to function without Dua by my side. I had no idea how I've spent five year without her.

I was coming out of the OT when my mobile phone rang. I took it out to see it was Umar's call. I frowned at it. Him and I were on good terms but we weren't like best buddies who will talk to eachother for more than necessary so why would he be calling me?

I attended the call and after listening to what he uttered had the ground slip underneath my feet. I ran toward the parking after cutting the call and telling Asfi about my departure. I took Dua's car which I've been driving these days since she took mine and raced towards th hospital hoping to reach there as soon as possible as worry filled my body.

Dua's P.O.V

I opened my eyes to the blinding light because of a constant whispering which was disturbing my sleep. I blinked twice for my eyes to adjust to the light.

As I gained consciousness, I realized I was in a hospital room. I must've fainted and Umar took me to a hospital. As Umar and my mother were beside me looking at me with worry.

"Water."
I whispered hoarsely and my mother offered me a glass of water which I drank slowly.

"What happened to me?"
I asked now looking at both of them. My mother looked happy which didn't made any sense to me while Umar looked serious and somewhat pained.

"You're Ms. Dua right?"
A girl spoke just entering the room and I looked towards her. She was wearing a white overall with a stethoscope hanging in her neck. She was a doctor no doubt.

"Yes."
I answered politely and she gave me a big smile.

"Is he your husband?"
She asked another question which caught me off guard. How did she even know I was married? Probably, she saw the ring on my finger.

"No. He's my cousin."
I replied almost immediately and she frowned at me.

"Where's your husband then? He didn't come with you?"
She asked again and I looked at her suspiciously nevertheless answered her question.

"He's currently out of the city. Is there any problem with me? Why are you asking all of that?"
I asked frustrated and she smiled at me. Umar gestured at my mother and both of them went out which made me even more confused.

"You're pregnant. The fetus is about two weeks old. You probably didn't notice the symptoms as it's very early. Now, I have to ask you some routine questions. Do you mind?"
She asked as I was still processing the information. I was in disbelief pure disbelief. Nevertheless, I shook my head.

"Do you take any medication?",
She asked and I came out of my thoughts and sighed at her question.

"I've PTSD and often have suicidal thoughts. I took medicines for it. But now, I'm done with my session. So, currently I'm not taking any medication."
I replied honestly and I could feel that she was shocked at my answer but didn't comment on it for which I was greatful.

"Was it because of your husband? Did he abused you or forced you for the baby?"
She asked and now I was frustrated. I knew she was just doing her job but why does everyone assume that whenever a woman is suffering from a problem, it's because of her husband or boyfriend.

"No my husband isn't like that. He's the sweetest person for me. My grandfather died and my brother went into a comma, it was a tough time for me and I took it very badly. Hence, it happened. My husband had nothing to do with it."
I clarified and she nodded at me now relaxed.

"I'm sorry if I turned out rude. But it's the part of job to ask such questions."
She said sounding apologetic and I sighed.

"Is there anything more?"
I asked and she smiled at me.

"I've been told that you're a doctor yourself so you must know what to do and what to not. Just don't take much stress as you fainted earlier because of stress. If you've any question you can ask me."
She said and I shook my head at her.

She moved out and now I was alone with my thoughts. I was pregnant. Again. I couldn't believe it. I guess it was the happiest day of my life so far. I was so happy that I wanted to scream in joy. Me and Hashir, we were going to be parents. I was finally going to have a baby and I was sure this time that I'll protect him or her from every danger. I caressed my tummy with love and sighed.

It was a beautiful feeling to realise that a life is growing inside your belly.
Me and Hashir had unprotected sex many times but it never occurred to me that I could get pregnant. Guess, I was so much worried about everything that I didn't even think about it. I wondered what would be Hashir's reaction when I'll tell him about it.
He will be ecstatic. I could not imagine how happy he will be.

"Are you alright?"
The sudden voice of my mother startled me and I looked at her joyously. She hugged me and congratulated me. She was absolutely happy for me.

"Congratulations Dua. May Allah always keep you and your child happy and blessed and protect you both from every danger.
I've called Hashir He's on his way."
Umar said genuinely smiling at me and I smiled at him return.

"Did you tell him?"
I asked and he understood my question.

"No. I only told him you fainted. Guess It's only your right to surprise him."
He whispered and I nodded at him greatfully.

"I have something to give you."
I whispered and he looked at me questioningly. I gestured my mother and she moved out giving us some privacy.

"Here's the ring you gave me on that engagement."
I took the ring from my finger and kept it on the table. I've wore it for the sole purpose of returning it back to him.

"It's yours. I gave it to you. You can keep it."
He whispered and I gave him a sad smile.

"I love you Umar just not in the way you want me to. This ring doesn't belong to me and I hope you find someone to whom it will belong rightfully."
I whispered back and he took the ring from the table and kept it in his pocket.

"I hope you always stay happy Dua. I'm going abroad as I can't stay here and move on but if you ever need me just remember I'm one call away."
He told me seriously and I sighed.

"Have you told our friends?"
I asked and he nodded at me. I nodded back at him.

"Take care Umar."
That were my last words before he moved out.

I slept for some time after it. As I was feeling tired and sleepy. I woke up to someone caressing my hair in a soothing manner.

The scent was so familiar to me that I almost moaned at the peaceful sensation. Musk and Cinemon, my favourite combination and it smelled just like him.

Suddenly, I had my eyes opened. And the first view I had was the breathtaking smile of my husband after which I was engulfed in a hug and passionate kiss.

"Are you fine?"
He asked after finally releasing me from his hold and I smiled at him.

"I'm ok. It was just stress."
I lied smoothly because I didn't want to reveal the good news to him in a smelly hospital room. I wanted it to be special.

"I missed you."
He whispered kissing my firhead and I sighed peacefully at the sensation.

'I missed you too."
I answered back and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"That's why you didn't attend my calls nor did you call me."
He scowled at me complaining and I chuckled at him.

"I'm sorry."
I whispered touching my ears and he smiled at me breathtakingly.

"You don't know how much worried I was about you and when Umar called me and told me you fainted I've gone mad. I couldn't afford to lose you again. You've no idea at what speed I was driving."
He complained again and before he could say something else. I engulfed all his complains with my lips. He kissed me back with same passion and I sighed delightfully.

"Take me home."
I whispered still clinging to him and he nodded.

He got me discharged from the hospital and we sat on his car after bidding Bye to my mother.

"You're looking too cheerful for a person who just exited hospital."
Hashir whispered after we were settled in the car and I smiled at him softly.

I was immensely blessed to have him as he understood my feelings without even describing them. I don't know what I'll do without this man beside me.

"Should I be sad then?"
I counter questioned not wanting to spoil the surprise.

"I want you to be happy always and you know that."
He replied being serious and I smiled.

"I will. If you'll be always by my side"
I whispered and he kissed my forhead in return.

"I promise."
He said and started the car.

We were almost half way when he turned the car to a different route and I looked at him questioningly.

"Why did you turn the wrong way"
I asked him who sighed heavily.
"Road is blocked. We can't go this way. I know a shortcut. I'm going to that side."

"I'm not so sure. Why don't we go the same way everyone's going?"
I asked somewhat concerned as I was having a bad feeling about it.

"That way is so long and this is shortcut. Besides, why are you getting worried? I'm with you. Ain't I?"
He asked raising his burrows and I sat silently.

I don't know why but I was scared. I felt like something very bad is gonna happen. It wasn't like we we're alone on the road but still it had very less traffic. And I was frightened as the road side was quite deserted.

"You're looking beautiful. Did I told you that?"
Hashir whispered kissing the back of my hand and I smiled softly at him forgetting all about my worries.

I was about to reply him when he suddenly stopped the car and screamed.

"Get Down."
He screamed at me and before I could do something he pushed me down and covered me and the next second I heard the gun shots. Shots as they were not single but countless. My ears were ringing as I could hear the noise of our car windows breaking and glass pieces felling everywhere. I could hear the screams of kids and women. I could hear the sound of metal hitting the car. It was chaos. It continued for almost fifteen minutes till the firing stopped.

Hashir got up from me and I too got up. I looked at him worried if he had hurt himself when I realized his clothes were bloody.

"Are you alright?"
I asked seeing his clothes and he instead looked at me panicked

"I'm fine but you're shot."
He answered and then I felt a sharp pain in my arm. I was indeed shot in my arm and it was my blood that was coating his clothes.

"It's a small wound."
I whispered softly examining my wound. As the bullet has just grazed my arm but didn't went inside. I just needed a good bandage and It would be fine or so I thought.

"We need to get you to a hospital. You're bleeding excessively and it's not good. I think you've ruptured a main artery. Can you move your arm?"
He asked and I nodded at him as he was right and I could barely move my arm.

"I'm going out. Cover your arm with a cloth to stop the bleeding. When I signal you, then come out. Don't come out till I tell you to. I'll go and check the surrounding first."
He whispered and I shook my head. It wasn't safe for him to go out as we didn't know that someone was still out there or not but the firing has ceased.

"It's fine. I'll be careful."
He as expected didn't listen to me and moved out while I kept the handkerchief on my arm to stop the bleeding.

In five minutes, he was in front of me and signaled me to come out. As I opened the car door and went out, I heard another gun shot. And in a second, Hashir fell to the ground in front of me.

He was shot in the chest. The bullet has pierced his chest. I ran toward him hysterically but I was late. He was already on ground probably taking his last breath.

"Hashir."
I whispered now into the silence with no one listening to me.

"Hashir! Please look at me."
I shook him who had his eyes opened but was breathing heavily.

I tore my scarf and covered his chest with it to stop the flow of the blood as I tried to gave him the first aid. It was not the time to get panicked. He needed me and I was sure if something happened to him. I will die with him.

"Hey! Are you listening to me? Please don't close your eyes."
I screamed at him who had his eyes almost closed and I could feel my tears rolling on my cheeks and my almost numb arms holding him.

I knew it was time. It was time to tell him. I had done this mistake in past  and didn't tell him in time and have regretted it immensely. I couldn't do the same mistake twice. Otherwise, I will never be able to forgive myself.

"I'm pregnant Wali. We're going to be parents. Please don't leave me alone. I can't do this alone again."
I whispered and his eyes shot open as he looked at me in disbelief.

I kept his bloody hand on my tummy as tears leaked out of his eyes too. Soon, I heard the sound of ambulance horns blazing as I was almost losing my consciousness.

The last thing on my mind was a prayer to God to save my husband and child before I fainted on the ground.

...............

Hey Guys!

I'm here with another update. I'm sorry for the delay but it's not my fault. It's been two months since I have written this chapter but couldn't update it because wattpad has gone crazy. It wasn't letting me log in and now I'm sick and tired of it. I wanted to move my story to another app but I couldn't leave you guys like that so here I am! I know there was a glitch and it published my half written chapter and I received a lot of messages regarding it. But I couldn't reply to any of them as I told you I can't log in. I have taken down that chapter and now publishing the next update.

Moving to the story, I know it's a cliffhanger. But don't worry, I'll not disappoint you. The ending will satisfy everyone or so as I hope. Next one is the last chapter. And it'll be quite long. So, you people will have to wait for it. But I'll try to post it as early as possible. No promises though. Do tell me about your thoughts about this chapter. I'll be glad to read them. Do vote, comment and share. Till next time!

Peace and love!
Mishi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 9K 34
"You will not meet that man again" He warned her and try to control his anger. "Why should I listen you-" "Because you're my wife don't ever forget t...
232K 10.7K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
37.3K 1.2K 47
A story of past left incomplete. It's a story of Avantika and Karanveer. A woman With pride and self respect. A woman who knew how to break the soc...
83.5K 7.4K 52
#1 in the desi medical romance series Her lips were inches from mine and her sweet scent filled the air between us, intoxicating me. I slid my hand d...