We're At It Again ✔️

Від Meagz56

♡ Featured on Stories Undiscovered ♡ ♡ Featured on Teen Fiction ♡ "All it took was one smile, that damned smi... Більше

ʜɪ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀꜱ!
Trailer!
Cover Reveal
Very Important!
Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
Oɴᴇ
Tᴡᴏ
Tʜʀᴇᴇ
Fᴏᴜʀ
Fɪᴠᴇ
𝚂𝚒𝚡
Sᴇᴠᴇɴ
Eɪɢʜᴛ
Nɪɴᴇ
Tᴇɴ
Eʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
Tᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
Tʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
Fᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
Fɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Eᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
Featured on Teen Fiction!
Tʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ!
Ebook Sale

Twenty

737 69 65
Від Meagz56

Luna

I woke up the next day feeling as if I could take on the world. I got into Berkeley and mended things with Hudson. A beep on my laptop signifies an email and I curiously take a seat at my desk. An email from Stanford. I take a nervous gulp before opening it. I got accepted. I had been waiting for this email for months. It was once the only thing on my mind, my only life's purpose. I feel pride for being accepted, but I feel even prouder for deleting the email. I've already made my choice. For the first time in a long time, I'm choosing for myself. I exit my bedroom feeling satisfied. I get ready to meet up with Maya, tonight is Prom Night, and she has an itinerary of all the things that needs to be done.

"Where are you going?" The familiar husky voice calls as I reach my car.

"To get ready for prom, I have to look good for my date." I playfully wink.

Hudson chuckles and leans down for a chaste kiss.

"Your date is one lucky guy." He plays along. "I'm a little jealous."

"You should be." I mock. "Do you promise not to cause any trouble tonight?"

He puckers his lips in thought and strokes his chin.

"You know I can't promise you that." If I didn't know Hudson, I would think he's just kidding, but I know that's not the case. Everywhere Hudson goes, trouble follows. "I guess I'll see you tonight, Snow." The once dreaded nickname now alluringly rolls off his tongue.

"I guess you will," I grin. "And we're not taking your bike."

"Wouldn't dream of it." He calls over his shoulder as he struts home.

Hudson

I gaze at the vehicle like a parent gazes at their newborn right after birth. To think a few months ago this car was going to be used for scrap metal, but through the rust and missing parts, it rose through the ashes and is now reborn. I trace the brand new exterior for anything we may have missed, but it looks as good as the day it was manufactured.

"For a while, I never thought it was going to be done in time for prom." My dad says admiring our beautiful work.

"I had the same doubts," I admit. "But, hard work always pays off." I grin and scope out the vintage Bentley.

An old client of my dad's brought it to his shop and told him if he can fix it he can have it. It was supposed to be a side project for us over the summer but when Luna and I started dating for real, I knew I needed to get this running for prom.

"I'm proud of you." My dad speaks with uncharacteristic gentleness. "For deciding to go to college after all."

"Well, if I want to be like my dad I figured I might as well start at his alma mater." I grin.

He chuckles and tosses a rag which I catch with ease.

"You better get ready, you don't want to be late picking Luna up." I glance at the time on the phone and curse before bolting to my bedroom.

It takes me longer than anticipated to get ready but I still have time to spare. I walk over to the Delgato's house with my dad - he insisted on coming along to join in on the embarrassing pictures. Her parents eagerly greet us at the door and her mother calls for Luna.

It takes a few minutes until I hear the sound of her heels clinking against their rusty floorboards. I gaze up the stairs and my heart flutters as if I've seen an angel. Her emerald dress flows out around her, but her beaming smile steals the show. I meet her at the bottom of the stairs and hold her hand already knowing Mrs. Delgato's photograph routine. I don't mind the pictures this time. This is a memory I want to cherish forever.

"You look beautiful, Snow." I whisper in her ear before the flashing cameras blind me. We pose with professional ease before we finally manage to escape turning this entire night into a photoshoot.

I lead Luna outside and into our shared street. Her eyes widen at the dark blue Bentley.

"Is that ours for the night?" She questions as her jaw drops.

"My dad and I built it. I thought it would be special for tonight."

"You built it?" She gazes at me quizically. "Specifically for tonight?"

"It's our final high school dance, I thought I could make it special for you." She places her hands on her cheeks to hide her oncoming blush.

"This is the best night ever and it's only started." She squeals before embracing me in a hug.

"It doesn't take much to keep you happy, does it?" I question through laughter.

"You're just good at surprises."

Luna

I gaze at the gym in awe. The decorations and atmosphere is everything I ever imagined and more. I keep Hudson's hand firmly clutched in mine as I trail through the maze of tables to get to Maya and her date, only letting go once we reach our destination.

"You finally made it." She exclaims and glances over my shoulder. "Where did Hudson go?"

I turn around equally as confused on how he disappeared so fast. I glance around the area in hopes of finding it but he seems to have blended in with the sea of people. I shrug my shoulders and take a seat at the table with Maya.

We were discussing plans for college and dorms when Hudson finally makes his grand appearance with a smug grin on his face.

"What did you do?" I interrogate and his grin widens.

"Nothing worthy of jail time." He says and extends his hand out to me. "Care for a dance?"

I playfully glare at him but reached for his hand and he effortlessly helps me to my feet.

"Stay right where you are, Maya." Hudson grins. "You're not leaving until I get one final dance with you."

She chuckles and nods her head.

Hudson leads me to the sea of dancers and places his hands on my waist and I place mine on his shoulders. It's much easier than the first time we ever danced together. He pulls me closer and gazes into my eyes.

"So, do you think you'll be prom queen?"

"Highly doubtful." I sigh. "Honestly, I don't care."

He raises his eyebrows.

"Is that so?"

"It is," I state matter of factly. "A guy once told me that I don't need some plastic crown to be deemed worthy of being liked."

His smile almost splits in half.

"He sounds like a guy that knows what he's talking about."

"Sometimes," I agree. "But he's mostly really annoying."

He leans down and kisses me, unable to stop his smile. We only break apart when principal Quinn's voice booms through the microphone capturing everyone's attention.

He clears his throat and dabs at his perspiring forehead before grabbing an envelope out of his jacket pocket.

"I would like to start with announcing the prom king." He tears the seal and reads the name. "Austin jockstrap Chambers." He swiftly reads and does a double-take once he realizes what he just said.

Hudson bursts into hysterics alongside me, and so does the majority of the senior class. I glance at him with my mouth agape.

"What did you do?" I question but he's too busy clenching his stomach.

To divert the attention, principal Quinby grabs the other envelope.

"And the prom queen." His words attract everyone's attention again. "Luna Delgato."

I stand frozen in shock as everyone breaks into applause. I watch as Cynthia pushes through the crowd and stomps out through the doors.

"Go get your crown." Hudson whispers in my ear and gently pushes me forward.

I walk up the stairs with shaky legs as the crown is placed on my head as if it were made for me. I awkwardly smile and wave.

"Now it's time for the prom king and queen to share a dance." My heart plummets into my stomach at the announcement.

Before Austin can even reach me, Hudson is already extending his hand out for me to walk down the stairs.

"Screw traditions." That's all he needs to say for me to grab his hand.

We walk to the center as all eyes are on us.

"What did you do?" I question as we start a gentle rhythm.

"I may have changed the names in the ballot box." He grins, way too pleased with himself. "It helped that Stacy was in charge of the votes."

I playfully hit his chest but the gigantic smile on my face gives it away. This is the most perfect night I could ever imagine.

"Besides, the dance wouldn't be complete without something backfiring." He winks.

I grip the back of his head and crash my lips onto his. I forget where we are, or what song is playing. The only thing I care about right now is that I'm here with Hudson and I have never been happier.

"I'm going to miss you," I speak as I pull away and the back of my eyes start to burn.

"Shhh." He says with a smile that doesn't quite match his face.

"Don't focus on that right now, let's just enjoy being together in this moment."

"I just want to say that I'm so proud of you." I speak. "You're going to do amazing things with your life, Hudson Wilder."

He grins wide.

"I'm only going to college for the parties." I playfully punch him. "Maybe I'll join a frat."

I giggle at the ridiculous thought of Hudson being in a home with a bunch of guys just as arrogant as him.

"I can not picture you in a fraternity." I chuckle.

"Who knows, Snow." He grins. "Maybe I am fraternity material."

I wrap my arms tighter around his neck and gaze into his gentle eyes. I feel my stomach churn at the thought of us going our separate ways. A part of me wants to beg him to go through with his original plan and follow me to Berkely, but I know that would be selfish. I can't ask him to give up everything for me.

"You're right, I don't want to think of the future right now." I place my head on his chest. "I just want to focus on this moment right here with you."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

23.3K 392 46
One word. Chaos. That's all Nico Valore had brought to my life since the moment I met him. Despite all the pain and heartache, if you asked me to do...
68.5K 2.1K 39
Why should a teenager's life be anything but normal? Princess Luna Jones has some dark secrets. And yet, even her family had secrets, was there anot...
3.1K 57 17
16-year-old Seraphina Vesper was completely content with her life. Being ahead in her grade she is perfectly college-bound and her unknown secret onl...
4.1K 201 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...