The Headmaster's Errand Boy (...

By NoOneToRemember123

As Yang attends her first year at Beacon Academy, she runs into an old friend. However, he does not seem to b... More

Character Introduction
Prologue: Meeting for the First Time
Ch 1: Reunion
Ch 2: Getting Situated
Ch 3: The Coming Storm
Ch 4: Echoes of the Past
Ch 5: Recovering
Ch 6: No Rest for the Weary
Ch 7: Peace for Now
Ch 8: Training for the Festival
Ch 9: Immature Adults
Ch 10: End of the Tournament
Ch 11: Field Trip
Ch 12: Calm Before the Storm
Ch 13: Battle of Beacon 1
Ch 14: Battle of Beacon 2
Ch 14.25: Cleanup 1
Ch 14.75: Cleanup 3
Ch 15: Battle of Beacon Aftermath
Ch 16: Finally Letting it Out
Ch 17: Getting Back to Normal
Ch 18: Return
Ch 19: Two Birds With One Stone
Ch 20: Finishing Cleanup
Ch 21: Holidays Off
Ch 22: The Game Resumes
Ch 23: Cowards are Never Trustworthy
Ch 24: Summer Vacation
Ch 25: Power
Ch 26: New War Brewing
Ch 27: Faces New and Old
Ch 28: Heartwarming Family Reunion
Ch 29: Back to Class
Ch 30: Downtime
Ch 31: Ready to Settle the Score
Ch 32: Might Makes Right
Ch 33: Retaliation
Ch 34: Nightmares Revealed
Ch 35: Chasing the Bird
Ch 36: Tying Up Loose Ends
Ch 37: Final Preparations
Ch 38: Last Goodbyes
Ch 39: The Strike Against Salem
Ch 40: Dark Mirror
Ch 41: Broken Promises
Ch 42: Peace at Last
Epilogue: Happy Family
Author's Note
Dark Mirror Ch 1: Fracture
Dark Mirror Ch 2: Doomsday
Dark Mirror Ch 3: The Enemy of My Enemy
Dark Mirror Ch 3.5: The Final Confrontation
Dark Mirror Ending 1
Dark Mirror Ending 2

Ch 14.5: Cleanup 2

1.3K 35 5
By NoOneToRemember123

Y/N's Pov

It was now a few more weeks since the attack on Beacon. I had mostly just been escorting and guarding the rebuilding crew along with clearing out Grimm. I was back in Vale, which was beginning to look relatively normal, aside from the lack of civilians. 

I was just walking around, waiting for the team I was going to go accompany to load all of their heavy equipment and get ready. I was on my way back to check on them, when I ran into professor Oobleck. Apparently he was just looking for something to do, since it wasn't as if school was in session.

Oobleck: "Ah hello Y/N! I see you beat me back. I assumed I was the first to return."

Y/N: "You are. I never left." He held out his hand and I shook it. He laughed.

Oobleck: "I should not be surprised. So, do you know where help is needed?"

Y/N: "Actually, I was heading back to a group who needed a huntsmen escort. You could come along if you want." I normally wouldn't want to ask someone else for help, but Oobleck was one of the only people I could easily work with. Probably because unlike Ozpin, he let me do my own thing and didn't mind that I never took a break.

Oobleck: "Splendid idea!"

We headed back to the bullhead. We helped finish loading up, and headed out. Our goal was to map out the ruins and identify how much building material could be salvaged and how much had to be dismantled and recycled. That was what they needed the heavy equipment for.

The mission went off without a hitch, we barely even saw any Grimm. It did take the whole rest of the day, though. While we were loading back up I overheard the crew talking.

Worker: "I still can't believe we have to bring a kid along for this." Just then, I heard a Grimm coming. It went for him, and I cut it in half.

Y/N: "If you want to go alone for the next mission, be my guest." I heard Oobleck and the others laugh.

Timeskip

Oobleck had been around helping for a few days and it had started feeling like the days when I was younger and Ozpin just let me do missions all the time. I got called by Ironwood.

Y/N: "You needed me?"

Ironwood: "One of the student teams, JNPR from Beacon has returned and wants to help. Oobleck is on a mission, and I want at least one experienced huntsmen to accompany them." Normally I hated babysitting, but they were a competent enough team that I didn't mind.

Y/N: "You didn't tell them that, did you?"

Ironwood: "Of course not."

Y/N: "Where are they?"

Ironwood: "They are waiting for you at a bullhead. You'll be able to find them."

Y/N: "Alright." I left.

I found them fairly quickly and we were briefed on what our mission. Some Grimm had pushed into one of the construction sites and driven out the workers. No one had been killed, but progress there was frozen. Our mission was simple. Go in, and kill. Like what Ozpin had me doing early on.

We boarded and headed out.

Jaune: "You ok?"

Y/N: "What do you mean?"

Ren: "You look like you haven't slept for days."

Y/N: "I'm fine. This is part of the job."

Pyrrha: "What have you been doing?"

Y/N: "Helping out here."

Jaune: "When did you come back?"

Y/N: "I never left. I know this place better than anyone, so I stayed."

Nora: "I bet you got plenty of practice then."

Y/N: "Yeah. I already kept my reflexes at peak, but doing this every day means I don't need to train."

Nora: "That makes sense."

We arrived and got out. More Grimm had moved in, but it was nothing we couldn't handle. Eventually, a large number of them came at us at once. I had an idea.

Y/N: "Nora!" I switched to lightning dust and hit her with it. The rest of us just sat back and watched. She killed all of them and relaxed.

We headed back and they decided to rest for the day. It was late afternoon, so I found something else to do and headed out again. When I got back a news crew was around trying to get some information on how the cleanup effort was going. I tried to avoid them, but they noticed me. I kept Ozpin's cane on the back of my belt where they couldn't see it.

Y/N: "Fine. I have a few minutes to kill."

Reporter: "What do you know about the attack?" As if I was going to answer that honestly.

Y/N: "A radical splinter group of the White Fang and the Grimm attacked at the same time. We repelled them, but they did a lot of damage."

Reporter: "Are you a student of Beacon?"

Y/N: "I am. I stayed to help."

Reporter: "They allow students to help?"

Y/N: "It's not like there are classes to go to, and experience is the best teacher."

Reporter: "How much longer does it appear it will take for Vale or Beacon to be safe?"

Y/N: "Grimm keep wandering back in, but we're making good progress. Thanks to the help from the other schools, things are going quickly,"

Reporter: "Thank you." I walked away.

Yang's Pov

I was getting dinner and sat down. I heard Ruby turn on the TV.

Ruby: "Yang! Come look!"

Yang: "What?"

Ruby: "Y/N's on TV!"

Yang: "Wait, what?" I came out to look. Some reporter was interviewing him about how the cleanup and rebuilding was going. He gave responses that I knew were lies. What I noticed was that he clearly hadn't taken a break. 

His jacket was torn and dirty, his hair was disheveled, his cat ears were folded down, and his face had a few cuts. They didn't look like they were from Grimm, probably just from just being around so much machinery and not having any aura to spare.

Ruby: "He looks worse than normal."

Yang: "Yeah."

Y/N's Pov

I got to where I was staying and got ready for bed. Most of us were staying at an abandoned apartment complex. I cleaned my weapon and got in bed. I was tired, but still in good shape to fight. I fell asleep fairly quickly.

Timeskip

I woke up the next day around late afternoon. I had gone to sleep pretty late, so it didn't surprise me. Most of the day was uneventful, I just did the same kind of missions I'd been doing every day. When the evening came but I didn't feel that tired because of the extra sleep. I decided to look for any night missions. Nothing came up, so I went to train. 

Just as I got there, an alarm went off. A group of Nevermores had come at us and there were enough of them to get through our anti-air defenses.

I jumped into action and decapitated several of them before they were able to react. The rest came at me and I tried to draw them away from any equipment we needed to keep intact.

As I was dealing with them, I noticed the Aceops show up and start helping me. I guess they were also up late.

We killed all of them fairly easily and things calmed down. Most people had been inside already, so only a few huntsmen were injured, but no one was killed.

Clover: "Everybody good?"

Y/N: "I think so."

Clover: "We need to make sure this doesn't happen again. That was pretty bad."

Y/N: "They probably lost so many with this attack that it won't happen again for a while."

Clover: "They seem to be getting smarter. This attack was tightly coordinated."

Y/N: "I don't think so. They just all come out at the same time and are attracted to the same places." I was lying, but I knew that Ironwood hadn't told them everything.

Timeskip

I got up the next day and got called by Ironwood. I came to his office.

Y/N: "What is it?"

Ironwood: "I have something for you to do. I need it off the books, and quiet."

Y/N: "Your attack dogs can't handle this?"

Ironwood: "This is something I can't tell them about."

Y/N: "This better be good."

Ironwood: "A massive Grimm has been sighted in Beacon. I believe it has one of Salem's seers imbedded in it's eye, like the Leviathan on the beach."

Y/N: "Oh. Where is it?"

Ironwood: "Here." He showed me a map of Beacon. "This is where it was last seen, 10 minutes ago."

Y/N: "I'll skip the Bullhead this time. I can get there faster using my semblance." I had been taking Bullheads on most missions to hide how powerful my semblance really was, but it actually allowed me to get all the way to Atlas in a matter of hours. With it, I could reach this Grimm in a few minutes.

Ironwood: "Good luck. Oh, and Miss Goodwitch is back. I will inform her of the situation."

Y/N: "Alright. I need to get going."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 2 27
Ok so your name is Y/N L/N you and your Family got out of a Huge Grimm Outbreak in Y/C You and your Family Your Father Mother and Yourself just got o...
14.4K 256 6
Meet Y/n Okkotsu, a 17 year old boy who watched his own childhood friend's death in front of him thus cursing to be by his side. Y/n lives alone sinc...
48.8K 513 17
This story is about an assassin/mercenary who is very mysterious. He takes on assignments from most people and usually shows no mercy. On his most re...
38.7K 378 20
There was once a boy who who watched his mother die in front of him only to determine him into fighting...on his own He grew up into a good fighter a...