Miss. Fragile And Mr. Powerful

By _Divisss_

#1 in hatelove - 12/08/2022 #1 in business - 25/02/2023 #1 in forcedmarriage - 20/07/2022 #1 in businessman... More

Whattttt?????
Deal🖤
Black Destiny 🖤
My Wife🖤
First Conversation🖤
Sick🖤
Anna knows truth🖤
Apology🖤
All's well 🖤
Night🖤
Talk🖤
FORCED MARRIAGE 🖤
Beautiful Day🖤
SLAP🖤
Worst Insult 🖤
Critical Condition 🖤
Daisy's Wrath 🖤
Happiness 🖤
Fighting fear🖤
Welcome🖤
Regret?🖤
Truth 🖤
A Forehead Kiss🖤
John🖤
A Chance 🖤
France🖤
Back 🖤
Hug🖤
Date🖤
First kiss🖤
Sunday🖤
Ambitions 🖤
Cheating 🖤
DIVORCE???
Truth or Lie🖤
Mine To Cherish 🖤
Her Pledge 🖤
Tomorrow?🖤
Divorced 🖤
Author's Thanku 🖤
SURPRISE!!!!🖤
Cemetery 🖤
Happy Birthday 🖤
Proposal 🖤
Gifts 🖤
Will You Marry Me?🖤
Family 🖤
Meeting her Family 🖤
Her Broken Self🖤
His Promise 🖤
The Wedding 🖤
Making Love ❤️
The Morning After 🖤
Epilogue 🖤
New Story Update

Reality🖤

17.5K 643 55
By _Divisss_

Xavier's pov:

It's 2 in the morning and surgery is still going on from the last two hours. Three of us were sitting in the waiting room.
Lucas has got his arm fractured. He had a cast of plaster of paris wrapped around his arm. I really felt guilty that because of me he had to face Daisy's attack.

When I tried to apologise to him, he shrugged off the matter saying, it was his duty to protect me.
Daisy was sitting on the last chair in the room. I had a look at her only to realise that she is that girl who looks innocent on the outside, but can be a murderer , if the thing comes to her best friend.

I saw that she was in her hospital coat and an ID card around her neck. She must have directly come from the hospital after knowing about Maya. She must be hungry.
I went to the canteen of the hospital, grabbed three cups of coffee and a sandwich.
I went and gave he coffee to Lucas and kept one for myself.

I took the other coffee and sandwich to give that to Daisy. Honestly, walking towards her , I was scared. But, she needed someone at this moment. I have Lucas with me, but she is alone fom the time she came here.

"I brought a sandwich and a coffee for you. I guess you haven't ate anything. So, here, have it." I said to her and she ignored me like a plague.

"I know you are still upset about the thing. But, staying hungry is going to damage your health. You need to be fine to take care of Maya when she gets up. Even , she wouldn't be happy knowing that her best friend was hungry all the time." She finally looked at me with tears filled in her eyes.

I kind of got the feeling that she is going to burst out now. Hesitantly, I put my hand over her shoulder and rested her her head on my chest. To my shock, she didn't wiggle or give me any hard time.
As soon as her head lied on my chest , she bursted out crying. I put the coffee and sandwich on the chair beside me and hugged her tightly.
She had been burying her feelings inside her from long time. She masked her sadness and fear of losing with her anger that opened up on me.
She was crying a lot.

" I can't.... can't *Hiccups* lose her. *Hiccups* I have no one else...* Hiccups* other than her." She kept on crying for another 15 minutes muttering the same thing again and again. I was rubbing her back, trying to console her but it was of no use.
After sometime, she finally stopped crying and broke the hug.

"I kind of ruined your shirt. Sorry about that. I'll buy you another one." She said looking embarassed.
"That's the least thing on my mind right now. Calm down and have this." I forwarded the sandwich towards her.

"No. I'm okay." She refused.
"You just said that you have no one else other than Maya. At least, for her sake have it." She refused again.

"If you had a brother and he gave you this sandwich and coffee, would you still refuse?" I asked her.

She looked at me with tears again filled in her eyes and said, "My brother would never take away my best friend's life."
My eyes started brimming with tears at this statement of hers .

"What can I do to make you believe that I'm really sorry for whatever I did?" I asked her .
"I know that you're sorry. I'm a psychologist. I can read people and their faces. But, right now I can't do anything. Everytime I see you , I see my Maya battling with death." She said.

I knew that I can't change Daisy's thoughts when they are right. Maya was in this condition because of me. If something happens to her today, I won't be able to forgive myself ever. I stood to get up from there but, a tug on my wrist stopped me.

"I can't make myself forget that you are the one because of whom my Maya is in this condition right now . But, I can try .
Your guilt and efforts convinced me to try to forgive you . But, I won't guarantee." She said looking at her hand that tugged my wrist.

I smiled at her words, sat down near her and said, "I promise you that , I will try my best to earn both of your apologies. Yours and Maya's.
I promise that hereafter , you won't have any complaint regarding me. I'll change myself completely . I won't ever give you a single chance to not trust me anymore. But that's only if , you guarantee me that whatever the mistake I do, you won't harm my life.

By my life , I mean Lucas. As for you, Maya is your everything. Lucas is the same for me. Even though, you didn't plan on hitting him today, he is in pain. So, whenever you feel like you are going to kill me, you would look around, to see if Lucas is there or not. If he is there then , he would never let anyone harm me." I said.

"I'll apologize to your friend for my mistake. I didn't do it intentionally.
Just imagine right now that if a simple fracture on his hand gave you so much of pain, then think about my condition when my eyes are seeing Maya fighting with death right now." She said with tears falling out of her eyes.

"I know for a fact that, I have committed a huge mistake and you really have my word that after this your friend won't face any sort of problems from me. Now, will you please have this sandwich?"

I forwarded the sandwich towards her mouth and she took a bite of it. I don't know why but she gave me the same feeling that Dan gives .
I fed her the sandwich and gave the coffee.

After sometime, Lucas came and said , " I guess, you both have patched up . So, this Miss Destruction won't harm us anymore, I guess?" He joked, trying to ease the atmosphere.

Daisy stood up and said, "I'm really sorry for this fracture. I didn't mean to harm you. But, my anger knows no bounds when it comes to Maya. I'm really sorry for this." She said keeping her hand lightly over his fracture.

"It's okay dear. Even, I have a best friend, whom I love more than my life . I understand your concern. " He said smiling at her.
I put my hands around both of their shoulders and said, "Enough of these apologies. Let's just sit and wait for Liam to come out. "

Three of us sat together with Daisy sitting on the middle chair, holding both of our hands.
After sometime, Liam came out and three of us stood up hoping for him to say something.

"The sugery is successful. But, ...."
"But what Liam? " Lucas asked.
"Maya's body isn't taking the medications rightfully. It seems that she doesn't want to get healed. She is unconscious as of now. But, if she doesn't get up in next 48 hrs , she can slip into coma. " Liam told us.
As soon as those escaped his mouth, I sat down on the chair.

"I need to inject some more sedatives in her for faster recovery." Liam said and was going to the room they shifted Maya in.
But, Daisy interrupted, " You have to show me the sedatives and confirm it from me."

"Listen Miss, I know that you are a doctor and the patient inside is your best friend. But, as of now I am the one treating her. So, her medication would be my decision, not yours."
"Yes Daisy, Liam is right. You cannot interrupt his treatment." Lucas said.

"I know for a fact , that other doctor cannot interrupt the treatment. But, being her doctor I have the right to tell you what sedatives will suit her body and what not .
She is on medication and that's the reason her body won't be able to take high power sedatives. She is also allergic to some . So I need to you have a look at the prescription." She reasoned out.

"What sort of medications are you talking about?" Liam asked.
"I can't tell you that. That's not my place. " She said.

I got up hearing this. "Daisy we know that you cannot disclose a patient's details to someone else. But, being her husband by all the means and law, I have the right to know what you are talking about . Please just don't elongate this matter more . Kindly tell us what you're talking about. "

"Fine I'll tell you. But , she won't be very happy to know that everyone knows about this.
She is suffering from depression. She gets anxiety attacks and panic attacks frequently. When you found her breathing heavily and choking inside her room , she was having a panic attack right at that moment .

She frequently gets these attacks and that was the reason we were out yesterday. I got a few tests done on her.
She is suffering from depression from the last 8 years to be precise and it has gotten worse in the last 3 years."
Everyone was shocked at this information.

"I kind of guessed this when I came to check her . But, I didn't know that it was this worse. It's ok Daisy. You can come with me to my cabin and we can discuss this further. You guys please wait here. I'll talk to you later."
With that Daisy and Liam went towards his cabin.
I sat on the chair holding my head in my hands .
Lucas came and sat beside me.

"It's okay man . You didn't know anything about it.
And I know that you are very sorry about whatever you did . You can't change the past. But, let's hope for the best. Maya would be super fine in the next few hours. And then, forgetting the past, you can create a beautiful present with her. " I nodded and hugged him.

After around an hour, they shifted Maya to a room. As soon as, the doctors and the nurses left the room, I went and sat beside Maya on her bed being very carefull to not hurt her.
I looked at her beautiful face.
Strong jaw, small mouth, full but down-turned lips, fair skin, long neck, striking eyes, full & natural-looking eyebrows, upturned nose. Young, beautiful. That's what was infront of me right now.
But, above all , she looked worn and exhausted.
She looked like a broken porcelain doll who was no doubt a breathtaking beauty, but was shattered into pieces.

And , I was the reason of this. I didn't realise that I was crying untill I felt Lucas wiping my tears with his left hand.
"When did you come?" I asked him.
"From the moment you were lost in her beauty." He replied.
I looked at her again and I won't ever get tired of saying this but she indeed is a beauty and that too a breathtaking beauty.
Daisy entered the room . She looked at Maya for a moment and a tear slipped down her eye.

"You guys can go home and have rest now. I'm here with Maya." She said quickly wiping her tears.
"NO!" Whoa I'm loud.
"I mean to say is that, I want to stay with Maya. Even you would be tired working all day. You go home and have rest. I'll be here with Maya. I'll take care of her." I told her but, she still looked unsure.

"I know that it'll take take time for you to trust me with your best friend. But, you promised to give me a second chance. Just try to trust me on this one. I'll take good care of her and I'll keep you updated every hour. If there's something, I'll call you. I have your number. Mimi sent it to me sometime ago." I told her.

"Okay. If you say so. But, I swear Mr. Adams if anything more happened to her, I won't attempt to murder you, I'll for sure murder you. " She said with danger dripping from her tone.

"I know Daisy, you'll definitely kill me this time. Trust me, I'm not saying this being afraid of your words, but, even I want to look after My Wife , take care of her." I said looking at Maya.

"Okay then. I'll be back in the morning. " Daisy said.

"Wait. It's not safe for you to go home alone at this time. Lucas will you please drop her? " I asked him. He nodded.

" And , go straight home after this. I'll manage it here." I told him.

He came and hugged me. He then, went towards Maya and kissed her forehead. " Get well soon, Princess." He said to her.
They both left after that.

I went and sat back near Maya. I kept on mumbling how beautiful she is and how much devil I am , the whole night.
Every hour , a nurse would come and note down Maya's readings. Even , Liam visited twice.
It was 7 in the morning, when Lucas entered the room in his casuals with a bag in his hand.
"Good morning, Xav..." He paused and looked at me for a second.
"Don't tell me that you were awake the whole night." He said looking at me wide eyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

859K 29.7K 37
What happens when your feelings and thoughts don't agree? You feel like there's a battle happening inside you. Your heart tells you what you really w...
403K 15K 36
Ever wonder how your supposed best day of life will turn into a lifelong nightmare. Two people, two different worlds yet bound by the same emotion, "...
1.5M 42.2K 57
(WARNING: This is my first story btw. Some parts may be cringe or toxic, but I don't feel like changing anything) I watched as he frustratingly ran h...
295K 8.9K 21
"Hey baby come to me. I am your rightful husband. come here kitten."he said. "I am telling you, don't you dare to come closer to me. This marriage is...