Decisions

By briisk_333

Sequel to "Tough Times". During college, Cheryl realized a change in Toni. Toni was starting to party more o... More

Into The Future
Photo-shoot
We Meet Again
New Beginnings
Exposed News
Attacks
Going Away
Time Passed
Communication
Feelings
Split-Up
Figure It Out
Chilling
Got You On My Mind
Spiraling
Not Again
Clarification
Good News
Sexy Time
Surprise!!
Update
Winner
A Second Chance
The Silent One
A Mess
Release
Rethinking
Anonymous
Detectives
Revealed Part 1
Revealed Part 2
Revealed Part 3
Revealed Part 4
Waiting Game
Almost Here
Bundles of Joy
Celebration
Family
New Life

Bad luck

628 23 23
By briisk_333

Hours later

Cheryl's POV

Right now everyone is in the hospital but Toni  and Normani have critical injuries and are not in the safe zone yet. Fangs, Kevin, Josie, Dinah and I are now all fine. I was in one of the rooms because they wanted to check on the babies to see if they were alright in my stomach.

Dinah had to get some of her bruises treated but the rest were untouched. Hope was in critical condition but she was cleared a few minutes ago. After Toni and Nick's fight, it felt like a nightmare.

**Flashback**

As Toni knocked Nick out, the door slammed open to reveal Betty and a group of men behind her with guns. I was released by one of them and I immediately rushed to Toni's side.

"Toni don't you dare leave me babe" I said and her eyes closed soon after. I put my finger under her nose and felt nothing. I checked her pulse next and nothing.

"No,no,no baby wake up for me please" I cried and I felt myself being pulled away from her. "No! Toni wake up please! Anastasia and our babies need you in their lives" I cried as Betty engulfed me into her arms.

I watched as Betty's backup picked her up and carried her on their back. "Betty where are they taking her" I said as I tried following the one who was carrying Toni.

"Cheryl breathe, just breathe okay. You're going to have another panic attack and we don't want that".

I tried to calm down but my mind just wouldn't let me. I was too focused on the fact that Toni wasn't breathing, meaning she could be dead.

"Alright, shhhh let's close your eyes first" Betty said as she covered my eyes and I closed them.

"Toni's going to be alright. Toni's going to make it. Toni's only unconscious right now. Toni is not going to leave you alone with the kids. Toni is going to fight for you and the kids okay?".

I nodded as I felt a bit more relaxed than before. "Are they taking her to the hospital" I said quietly and Betty nodded saying "Jug and I were able to get ambulances just in case so she's probably in one of the ambulances by now about to be on her way".

I nodded and then widened my eyes as I started to panic. "Wait Betty, where's Anastasia" I said as I started looking around the room.

"We're so sorry but Veronica drugged us and when we woke up Anastasia was gone".

"No, no, no. Veronica brought her here but she's not here now" I said as I exited the room. "Anastasia! Anastasia baby!" I yelled. "Cheryl let's think here". Betty was cut off by backup going into the room we just left.

"What are they doing" I asked. "They're getting Nick's body and bringing him to the hospital and then to the precinct". I nodded and then asked "What are we supposed to do to find my baby girl Betty".

"Well we found some boy Joaquin, Christine, Nick obviously but they're still searching for Josie and Veronica". Suddenly there was a loud gunshot and someone started yelling. "Cherylll I got your baby so you better come out or this will be the 4th child you lose!!!".

"Fucking bitch" I said, recognizing the voice as Veronica. I looked over the railing and saw Veronica standing in the middle on the lower ground. There Anastasia was in her arms crying as Veronica had a gun to her head.

"Anastasia baby just wait, mommy's coming okay. Just close your eyes for right now". I saw Stasia close her eyes and I rushed down the stairs to be on the same level as them. I heard a gun click and saw Josie to the side pointing her gun at me.

I raised my hands above my head and said "Obviously I don't have anything to hurt you guys with". "Cheryl, Cheryl, Cheryl. I'm surprised you never thought I was suspicious all this time" Veronica started.

"The hell are you talking about" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"You guys really thought you had it figured out but you were wrong for one part. I was the one who had some buddies to follow you guys around while in college. I knew that Toni had mental problems ever since high school. I mean you think it's normal to get angry out of nowhere or choke you because of some simple thing? Noooo it's because she's sick in the head. I knew what Toni was doing to you and I didn't even try stopping it. It's crazy how it took her almost killing you for you to finally leave her".

"Veronica you're making no sense right now" I told her with an annoyed expression.

"Funny how you forgot how you literally bullied me when I arrived at Riverdale High. Toni came and you apologized and apparently we became friends since you were quote on quote "nicer now". I never forgot and ever since I planned my revenge on you. How do I do that? I use Toni. Josie and Toni and Toni and Christine? You really think that's a coincidence? Come onnn Cheryl I thought you were smarter than that."

"Toni getting those friends who had a bad influence on her in college? Me. Those videos of Toni abusing you? Me again. I was still in contact with Nick and that's when our plans started. Nick did what he wanted with whatever other people he had and I would do my own thing. I would give him some information from time to time since I was on the inside but of course you had to kick me out. When you kicked me out I traveled to where Nick was and stayed there as we made final plans".

"So all this time you were pretending to be our friends when really you were trying to get your quote on quote revenge on me." She nodded with a smile saying "Don't you think that was a great plan and reveal".

"No, it's quite fucking dumb and this is all because I fucking bullied you? I apologized sincerely and I kept apologizing and showed you who I truly was as a person. I even blew thousands and thousands of dollars on you cause I thought we were actually friends. Hell even best friends but I guess not. You're just a trifling back stabbing bitch".

"Bad words Mommy" Stasia mumbled as her eyes were still closed shut. "Now's not the fucking time Madelyn" I said sternly and she frowned. She knows now to shut her mouth since I used her middle name.

"So this all wasn't because of the breakup you and Archie had and the fact Toni and I got back together " I stated and Veronica rolled her eyes. "Of course not. That's another situation which just happened to add to the fuel of things".

She was about to talk again when a gunshot went off and Josie was on the floor holding her hand in pain.

"Powerpuff girls" I said and Stasia punched up, making Veronica's head bend back and then she jabbed Veronica in the stomach with her elbow.

I saw Veronica's finger moving to pull the trigger and I couldn't say duck to Anastasia before another gunshot went off. I closed my eyes tightly but opened it quickly as Stasia started crying for me.

"Betty?" I asked and seconds later she said "All clear Cheryl. Get Anastasia and bring her up here".

I nodded and shakily lifted up Anastasia whose arm was bleeding and she was crying loudly.

"I-it hurts Mommy" she cried and I held her head against my shoulder. "I know baby, I know. Mommy will make sure it doesn't hurt anymore soon okay". She continued crying into my shoulder as I reached the area where Betty and two other gunmen were.

"I-I don't know if the b-bullet went in or-or if it just grazed her" I stuttered out to Betty. Betty looked at Anastasia's arm and then back at me. "Let's just go to the hospital Cheryl. You need to get looked at too" Betty said.

"But is the bullet inside her Betty" I asked but Betty said nothing as she walked away. I reluctantly followed her and when we got outside it looked so chaotic. Gunmen were everywhere and many vehicles too.

There was a whole helicopter and lots of shouting was going on. I watched as the gunmen ran inside the building but Betty dragged me to one of the cars. She opened the door for us and closed it once we both got in.

Betty got in the passenger's side and some guy in all black got in the driver's side. "Hey Cheryl" a voice said and I jumped as I looked over and saw Jughead. He had many laptops and different devices in his lap, on the floor, and even on the seat.

"Can I take this off now" I said, pointing to the hair clip in my hair. He nodded and I took it off, handing it to him. We all were given either a hair accessory or jewelry that was a tracker and listening device.

Jughead gave it to us and told us it would be great since Nick and the others wouldn't suspect anything. And he was right. I looked at Anastasia who was now sleeping and decided I could rest my eyes a bit until we reached the hospital.

**Flashback over**

Anastasia is doing fine. The bullet did go inside but it only hit tissue and not bone thankfully. They successfully removed the bullet and now she's sleeping due to the medication they gave her since the pain was really bothering her.

I've had multiple panic attacks ever since we've arrived and they had to give me something that would knock me out for a while. When I woke up, they checked up on me and the babies.

Thankfully the babies were fine and nothing was wrong.

I kept asking Betty for information on what happened to Nick and the others but she said she couldn't reveal any information until final decisions were made. I'm tired of Decisions at this point because something always goes wrong.

I sighed and got out of the bed as I put on my hospital slippers. I exited my room and walked down to Anastasia's. I walked inside and saw Heather sitting in a chair next to the bed Stasia was sleeping on.

"Did anyone say anything" I asked as I stood beside Heather. Heather jumped slightly and said "Oh it's just you" with a sad smile. She got up and said "Sit down". I tried declining but eventually I gave in and sat down in the chair.

"The doctors said she's looking fine right now as she's sleeping but they're going to wait until she wakes up to see if anything changes". "I couldn't protect my child again Heather" I said as my lips trembled.

Heather bent down in front of me and held my face in her hands. "Listen Cheryl, none of this is your fault okay? You need to stop blaming yourself for things that weren't even your fault in the first place. When Toni had her issues in college all that matters is that you tried your best to protect your little girl and you did. There may have been times where she got hit but at least it wasn't all the time. The most important thing is that she's still here and alive".

I sniffled and said "But she still got hurt". "Better she's just hurt then dead though" she stated and I just nodded slowly. For the next few minutes I stayed with Stasia as I held her hand and talked to her.

After that I left, leaving Heather in the room alone once again. I headed to Normani's room and as I entered, I saw Dinah laying next to her on the bed. "Hey" I said quietly and Dinah looked up at me.

"Hey" she said back and I walked over to the chair to sit down. "How are you feeling" I asked her. "I'm not sure. It's a mixture between anger and sadness" she responded lowly. "How's Normani doing".

"She lost a lot of blood and since the knife punctured her lung she has to use a ventilator to help her breathe for now".

I didn't know how to respond to that so I stayed silent. "I hate that this happened. I could've done something to make sure she didn't get hurt but I didn't do anything. I just sat back and let it happen".

I reached for her hand and made her look at me. "Everything that happened was a whole mess and I hate that it happened too. But the last thing we should all be doing is blaming ourselves for what happened. Sadly it was just our past catching up to us and we weren't that prepared''.

She nodded and then turned to look at Normani. "Everything will be fine and we can go back to normal afterwards" I said quietly and Dinah mumbled out "Hopefully".

"I just came to check on you two. I'll let you be alone with her again now" I said as I slowly got up.

"I know you're probably going to Toni's room now. Don't stay too long or you're going to start making scenarios in your head".

I simply nodded and left the room. As I was heading to Toni's room, I ran into Josie who had tears streaming down her face and she looked completely disheveled.

"Woah Josie. What happened" I said and she tried talking but it looked like she couldn't breathe. I made both of us sit on the floor and I leaned her against the wall. I placed her hand on my chest and breathed in and out slowly.

I kept reassuring her as I continued breathing techniques and soon she calmed down a bit. Her breathing was still shaky but it was better than before. "Now tell me what's wrong" I said with worry on my face.

This is the first time I've seen Josie like this. Hell, I haven't even seen her cry before.

"H-hope a-and Toni b-both went int-to cardiac a-a-arrest and th-they said they m-might not m-m-make it" she stuttered out and I froze.

"W-what do you mean they might not make it". Josie took a deep breath before saying "T-Their injuries are so severe t-they're on the brink of death". She said the last part quietly. I quietly shifted over to the wall and leaned against it too. I looked up as tears spilled from my eyes.

"Please be okay Hope and Toni" I whispered.

I see reads on these chapters but is anyone actually liking this book anymore?😭

Might start posting a chapter each day next week so the book can just be quickly over with💀

Love you guyss and as always stay safe🤍🤍🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 373 41
[COMPLETED] [35,000 - 40,000 WORDS] It's been two years since Veronica and Jughead broke up. Veronica moved back to New York and has new friends and...
64.8K 1.1K 81
It's been 15 years since Cheryl and Toni have graduated high school and their lives couldn't be better. Two years after graduation they got married a...
45.7K 871 41
GO READ "BROKEN LOVE" INSTEADDDDD!!!!! Cheryl and Toni will meet in college as roommates.. and Cheryl is def not happy About that. But maybe Toni isn...
18.5K 528 13
Toni's written about her crush on her best friend Cheryl since they were in the 7th grade in her journal. How will their relationship change when Che...