My Darling Katherina

By Sophie_BookQ

What if Amarantha was pregnant with Rhysand's daughter and he didn't know about it until years later? Will sh... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty- One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Four

1.6K 47 13
By Sophie_BookQ

Fear is a powerful thing. It wakes you up to the reality of the world. And the world is a cruel place to live in. There are those who inflict fear, finding amusement in our scared faces, our speeding hearts.

Amarantha was fear itself. She had created it, wielded it. She bent and broke the laws of fear. So when the Court of Nightmares saw her face, The scent, aroma, it infected the air. No one breathed. No one could.

Katherina's steps echoed around the room. The sound of glass and stone only thickening the silence. The more steps she took towards their High Lord and Lady, the more people watched with scared breaths.

Katherina stood tall, her chin lifted as she passed them, watched as some pulled their children behind them as if they could protect them if Katherina were to attack.

Fools, do they really think they could stop you if they tried? The voice spoke.

Her father glowed at her, his eyes of stars tracking every step she took.

You look lovely, my darling, Her father said.

As Katherina glanced at the rest of the inner circle, they all beamed at her. Excited that after this, lawfully, she was part of this Court, this family.

Once Katherina made it to their thrones, she lowered herself slightly as her father reached for her crown. Similar to theirs yet so different. Rhysands was of the Stars, Feyres was of the moon and hers, Katherina... was of the three Mountains.

Ironic, isn't it? Though it does fit well, Daughter of the Mountain. The voice once again whispered.

Mountain, It said. Not Mountains.

She heard her fathers steps as he made his way to her, pridefulness shown in the way he walked. His voice echoed throughout,

"For Centuries, there has never been a High Lady bear a crown of Prythian's Courts until I had made my mate the first," His eyes looking back smugly to Feyre.

"Tonight, I crown my Daughter as the first High Princess of the Night Court."

People muttered around the room, their eyes, looking at Katherina. There were so many, she couldn't track what exactly they were feeling of this new found news yet she could see one thing...

Fear.

Fear of her.

She felt her fathers hands brush her head as he went to place on her crown. The Darkness shadow curled around her ankle, as if it was anchoring her from the weight she will soon-

"You can't be serious," A voice hissed.

This male of golden hair and pale skin stood just feets from them. Hatred, seeming to roll off him. Katherina recognized him.

Keir, Steward of Hewn City and Father of Morrigan.

Imbecile, The voice snarled.

"Don't you see who she looks like?" Keir said, his words directed to Katherina. "Her skin, her hair, her face, She looks just like Amarantha."

Just by the mention of her name, the Court of Nightmares shook. Everyone trembled just at the sound of her name.

Her father's face turned deadly, the inner circle glared through blood eyes at Keir. As if they can kill him with just a look.

The voice inside her smiled, finding humor in the situation.

"It's Katherina," She calmly corrected. There was no need to get worked up, He had mistaken her, so she'll fix that.

Keir glared at her, making Caldor puff out his wings more, the claws only gently touching her. The Darkness snaked up her thigh, hip, chest until he was to her eyes, making a show to Keir which left him pale.

"I suggest watching yourself Keir," her Fathers voice warned. "We wouldn't want what happened last time to be permanent, do we?"

Like a dog, Keir obeyed.

Just as nothing happened, Rhysand then placed the crown on her head, the silver colliding with her fire. Tonight, she was the stars, the moon, the Mountains, the night.

Tradition, when a new High Lord or High Lady, ( Now High Princesses ) Someone of that court shall offer to dance with them, showing acceptance of the new ruler. But when Katherina looked, no one would meet her.

She was about to turn to Caldor but then people started to whisper as a volunteer walked to her.

He was unlike anything Katherina had seen.

Sure, she had seen High Males and Female alike with features that made them seem as if they were made specially to marry the Gods.

This male that seemed just a few years older than her, had sun-kissed hair. His skin pale but much tanner than hers. Compared to Caldor, he didn't have much muscle but it matched him.

And his eyes...

They made her feel as if she was swimming in a sea of blue and green, bright compared to the darkness of the Night Court. This male in general glowed, glowed like she'd never seen before.

He took her hand for a kiss as he bowed to her.

She didn't want to admit how it made her feel to see a male on his knees for her.

People watched as music came to play as they took their steps to the center of the room. She took a quick glance behind her, her father back on his throne, hand in hand with his mate they both looked at her with pride.

Cassian winked, Mor raised her brows, Azriel nodded at her, Nesta smirked, Elain smiled, and Lucien grinned.

The music played softly as the Male pulled Katherina to him, their bodies both different and unfamiliar but they adapted.

They flowed with the melody, each step filled with memory and practice. He smelled of spring and citrus. 

Their dance wasn't a once in a lifetime moment. It felt too graceful and formal, but it was just what the people needed.

Eventually, couples and children started dancing along with them, their faces more relaxed and calm. When Katherina's eyes met the strangers, his eyes softened before passing her to a female with beautiful grey eyes and brown skin, disappearing in the crowd.

Katherina smiled as many danced with her- children, males, females. Each one was more comfortable with her as they laughed and swayed with the song.

She also got the chance to dance with Mor, Nesta, Cassian and Azriel.

By the end, her heart was thumping and her feet were sore. When finally they decided to go back to the House of Wind, everyone stayed outside in Elains gardens, laughter echoing into the night.

"Are you alright?" Her father said as he sat next to her, Cassian and Nesta bickering behind them.

"Just tired, tonight was... exciting," she smiled.

Rhysand gave her a light nudge, "Why don't you go up to bed? We'll be out here for a while."

She nodded, her father giving her a goodnight kiss on her forehead.

Katherina went up to her room after saying goodnight to everyone, their loving hugs and kisses still lingering on her skin.

She stripped herself of her gown to sooth her bones in the tub. The warm water doing wonders to her skin.

The lights dimmed as the Darkness appeared through the walls, His body somehow in Fae form yet his hands and feet were fading into shadows.

"Well don't you look lovely, Princess of the Night," He teased.

She flicked some water to him, "Are you saying only when I'm naked is it when you find me beautiful?"

He chuckled, resting beside the tub, his shadows sinking into the water.

They crawled up her thighs, before reaching next to her for the soap, washing her back and hair, The Darkness himself cleaning her arms.

Katherina closed her eyes, letting herself enjoy the moment.

"Where is our next destination?" He said, knowing fully well Winter was coming.

She thought for a moment, "Maybe the Spring Court? We've never been there."

The Darkness nodded, His shadows finished with washing her.

After he left, she changed into her favorite nightgown, the peach silk shining whenever she moved. Katherina let out a smile when she approached her bed, wondering how to bring it up to her father when she'll tell him she's leaving.

Something caught her eyes as she picked up the note.

Her heart quickened as she raced to the stairs. Each step closer to where he said to meet her.

Katherina pushed the doors open that led to the top of the mountain, and that's when her heart stopped.

Lanterns were spread through all the stones, matching the stars above. As Katherina bent over an edge, she was able to detect a faint scent of wine, where her father and Amren drank, everyone else either dancing or talking.

"You owe me a dance, you know." Caldor said as he walked to Katherina.

Before she ran up here, she didn't care for her attire but now that Caldor was standing in front of her still dressed, she felt somewhat silly.

However, from the way he looked at her, it made her feel as if she was the most beautiful female.

"More like you owe me a dance," She teased back. Taking his outstretched hand as he pulled her from the edge.

One hand took hers in his while the other rested on a small part of her back. She blushed.

There was no music, no sound except the small noise of their feet moving against the floor.

But they didn't mind, The sweet tone melody of tonight replaying in their heads.

"You look beautiful." He whispered, twirling her with the light breeze, her hair tickling her neck as he did so.

She chuckled, "I wouldn't think me being in a nightgown and barefoot would be considered pretty."

He pulled her to him, his breath sending shivers down her spine making her press into him more as he said, "May you be in a gown or soaked in mud, you are always beautiful Katherina. Everytime you walk into a room, you manage to steal my breath away. Your scent, your smile, your laugh, your skin, everything about you intoxicates me."

She didn't know when they stopped swaying to the non-hearable music but she didn't care, not when he kept looking at her.

"You have no idea what you do to me, Katherina. Everytime I remind myself to pull away, to not get too close because you are my High Lord's daughter, now the High Princess of the Night Court and you shouldn't hang around a bastard born but I can't, Katherina. I just-can't. I can't pull away- I don't want to pull away."

Blood swelled up to her face, her skin was on fire and her heart felt as if it was going to stop.

"I know you might not feel the same way I do but just-"

The night was filled with new hope and peace. Six years ago, all Katherina could see was pain and loneliness.  Each night colder than the last, screams filling her ears and death roaming around each corner. Her skin dry and rugged, her body skinny and weak.

Then she escaped, the Darkness had saved her, she had met Ziv, she traveled through almost all the Courts, exploring new lands and places.

Now her eyes see light, her ears hear laughter and fresh air fills her nose.

Her skin glowed, her body gained weight and she now had a family. She wasn't so alone now.

Now she could see a future, a chance to be someone different. To forget her past and make a new future filled with sun filled skies and happy days.

A future with her Father and his family and Nyx.

A future with Caldor as she kissed him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 12.5K 62
To save her sisters from starvation, to provide them with a home, Isabella Archeron married Tomas Mandray before Feyre went over the wall. When Feyre...
5.4K 125 17
˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .           The youngest Archeron daughter...
387K 10.3K 54
(#790 in fanfiction 2017-04-30) **I am including a spoiler warning for Empire of Storms and A Court of Mist and Fury. Both now have canon follow-ups...
755K 28.2K 75
TW: this book will deal with triggering topics. If you are easily triggered this is not the story for you, thanks. (Book one in the Starlight series...