PARTNERS IN CRIME โ”โ” mike whe...

By svnsetcrve

๐’๐“๐‘๐€๐๐†๐„๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐๐†๐’ | where michael wheeler falls for the niece of the chief of police โฌ mike wh... More

PARTNERS IN CRIME
๏ฃง๏ฃง ACT ONE.
01. bye bye byers
02. girl in the woods
03. the weirdo
04. slammed doors and superpowers
05. the death of will byers
06. the makeover
07. cast shadow walk
08. traitors and fists
09. the avoided handshake
10. the great quarry jump
11. flipping a damn bus
12. the talk
13. why are you keeping this curiosity door locked
14. the return of will byers
๏ฃง๏ฃง ACT TWO.
15. mad max
16. stop spying on me creeps
17. halloween
19. looking for will byers, again
20. the byers residence
21. hawkins lab
22. escaping hawkins lab
23. getting will byers back
24. el

18. dart

389 10 0
By svnsetcrve

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
( dart )

"THE CASE OF Phineas Gage is one of the great medical curiosities of all time. Phineas was a railroad worker in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident. A large iron rod was driven completely through his head." Mr. Clarke explained, using an expo market to simulate the rod on a projected image of a skull.

"Phineas miraculously survived. He seemed fine. And physically, yes, he was. But his injury resulted in a complete change to his personality. So much so that friends that knew him started referring to him as "No longer Gage." At the time, this was know as the American Crowbar Case. Although it wasn't a—" Mr. Clarke stopped speaking as the door to his classroom flung open and Dustin came running in.

"I am so sorry, Mr. Clarke. Really, I'm so sorry. Please continue with the class. Don't mind me. Really, continue, please. Thanks." Dustin panted, taking his seat.

Mr. Clarke nodded. "Although it wasn't a crowbar, it was a rod, as I said." Dustin turned around to the party, giving Maddie a look telling her to lean in. She did just that, leaning closer behind Will waiting for Dustin to speak. "We have to meet. All of us. At lunch, AV Club."

"Why?" Mike questioned. Dustins respond was instant. "I have something that you won't believe." The group nodded in understanding and Dustin turned back to let Max know as well.

"Dustin!" Mr. Clarke snapped, trying to get the boys attention. Dustin turned back around. "Yes, my lord?" Mr. Clarke continued to stare at him. "Would you care to join the class now?"

Dustin nodded. "Please, yes." Mr. Clarke decided to clue him in on what the class was even talking about. "The case of Phineas Gage." Dustin repeated the teacher. "Phineas Gage."

"Page 104." Mr. Clarke continued. Dustin opened his bag. "104. 104." Mr. Clarke sighed. "Focus." Dustin put his textbook on his desk. "Focusing. Focusing."

Maddie turned her attention back to Mr. Clarke as well, not wanting to be called out as Dustin had been. "And he began to curse, using terrible words that I don't dare repeat here."

DURING LUNCH, THE group met up in the AV room like agreed upon. Dustin had pulled out his fake ghost holder and opened it up, revealing a slimy lizard like creature.

"His name is D'Artagnan." Dustin smiled, grabbing like thing and holding it in his hand. "Cute, right?" He questioned, looking at Lucas. "D'Artagnan?" Mike repeated, not believing what he was hearing. "Dart for short." Dustin replied.

Max looked just as confused. "And he was in your trash?" Dustin nodded. "Foraging for food." Maddie scrunched up her face. "Gross."

Dustin looked at Max. "You wanna hold him?" Her eyes widened instantly. "No, no." Dustin began handing him to her. "He doesn't bite." Max shook her head continuously. "I don't want to—" he put Dart in her hands. "Oh, God, he's slimy!"

Max quickly handed him off to Lucas, who instantly became grossed out as well. "Ugh, he's like a living booger." Lucas went to hand him to Maddie but she stepped back. "You put that thing in my hands and it's over for you, Sinclair."

Lucas nodded fast, instead sending the creature to Will, who grimaced. "Ugh, oh, God!" Finally, Will handed Dart to Mike, who just started down at the creature. "What is he?"

"My question exactly." Dustin smiled. He then turned, grabbing all the books he had "checked out" before school and set them down on the table. "At first, i thought it was some type of pollywog."

"Pollywog?" Max questioned. Dustin looked over at her. "It's another word for tadpole." Max nodded. "A tadpole is the larval stage of a toad." Dustin continued. Max gave him a look. "I know what a tadpole is."

Dustin nodded. "All right, then you know that most tadpoles are aquatic, right? Well, Dart, he isn't. He doesn't need water." Lucas looked at Dustin. "Yeah, but aren't there non-aquatic pollywogs?" Dustin looked over at his friend. "Terrestrial pollywogs? Yep. Two to be exact. Indirana semipalmata. And the Adenomera andreae. One's from India, one's from South America. So how did one end up in my trash?"

"Maybe some scientists brought it here, and it escaped?" Max theorized, trying to find a logical conclusion. Mike scrunched up his face as he looked at Dart. "Do you guys see that? Looks like something is moving inside of it."

Maddie groaned. "Ugh. Please do not ever say that again." Mike grabbed the lamp on the table, moving it so the light was shining on Dart. Immediately, Dart began to screech and run from the light, causing everyone to gasp and Dustin to catch Dart before he jumped off the table.

"Whoa. It's okay. It's okay. I got you, little guy. I know you don't like that. It's okay." Dustin looked back up at the group. "And there's another thing. Reptiles, they're cold-blooded. Ectothermic, right? They love heat, the sun. Dart hates it. It hurts him."

"So, if he's not a pollywog or a reptile..." Lucas started slowly and Dustin smiled. "Then I've discovered a new species." He began to pet Dart again, which had to be one of the nastiest things Maddie had ever seen.

She didn't know what about Dart just completely grossed her out, but the slimy thing just made her skin crawl.

But then the bell rang, signaling lunch was over and causing everyone to jump. Maddie immediately turned to grab her bag, slinging it over one shoulder as she followed everyone else out.

"We gotta show him to Mr. Clarke." Lucas stated, leaving the AV room. Dustin frowned. "No, what if he steals my discovery?" Mike rolled his eyes. "He's not gonna steal your discovery."

Dustin smiled, changing the subject away from Mr. Clarke. "You know, I'm thinking about calling it Dustonious pollywogus." He turned to Max. "What do you think?"

Max sent Maddie a small look, both girls slightly laughing at the name before she turned back to Dustin. "I think you're an idiot."

"You know, when I become rich and famous for this one day, don't come crawling back, saying, "Oh, my God, Dustin, I'm so sorry for being mean to you back in 8th grade. Oh, my God." Same goes for you, Maddie. I can hear your laughter." Dustin accused, turning to look at Maddie who just chuckled. "Don't worry, if this is the reason you became rich and famous I will be too busy staying as far away from whatever Dart is to even go near you."

SCHOOL WAS OVER for the day and Maddie found that somehow she had ended up in the classroom probably farthest away from Mr. Clarke's room. Meaning, she'd definitely be the last one there and would totally miss some of the big reveal.

Though, if she was being honest, not having to stare at Dart wasn't exactly a bad thing for her.

So, Maddie took her time. Walking down the halls as kids passed her to leave for the day. Though as she neared Mr. Clarke's room, she was suddenly pulled away from her path when an arm grabbed her wrist, pulling her into the nearest room.

"Woah— what the hell!" Maddie gasped, turning towards whoever had just grabbed her. She let out a sigh when she realized who it was. "Jesus, Mike."

Maddie took her arm back as Mike started at her with worry in his eyes. "What's wrong?" Maddie questioned, beginning to get worried. Mike frowned, looking over at Will who Maddie just realized in that moment was also in the room. He turned back to Maddie. "Will thinks he knows where Dart is from. And it's bad, really, really bad."

Maddie frowned, looking to Will. "Where?" Will just looked towards her, letting out a breath. "The Upside Down."

Maddies eyes widened. "Oh my god. But— aren't they showing Mr. Clarke Dart right now?" Mikes eyes widened as well, in the heat of the moment he had forgotten all about that. "Shit!" Mike yelled, running past both Maddie and Will as he tried to make it to Mr. Clarke's room in time.

Maddie and Will followed after him, both running as quickly as they could towards Mr. Clarke's room. Once they made it, Mike shouted towards everyone. "Stop!" He made it to Mr. Clarke's desk. "I'm sorry, Mr. Clarke. It was just a stupid prank." He grabbed the trap Dart was in and Dustin immediately voiced is disapproval. "What are you doing?"

"I told him to stop." Mike finished before looking towards Dustin, Lucas, and Max. "We need to go. Right now." Dustin sighed. "Mike!" Mike just shouted over him. "Right now!"

He ran out of the room and everyone followed closely behind, leaving Mr. Clarke confused in his classroom.

Mike began heading straight towards the AV room, finding it to be the only place they can truly get some privacy.

Once there, when everyone was inside (well, everyone but Max), Mike slammed the door shut and locked it. Maddie turned to him. "Mike! Let her in." Mike gave Maddie a look. "Not a chance. If this is what I think it is, party members only."

Maddie crossed her arms over her chest and Lucas sighed. "Okay what the hell is going on?" Mike turned his attention to Lucas. "We don't think Dart is as harmless as he looks."

Lucas' eyes widened, he definitely did not expect Mike to say that. "What?" Mike frowned. "Last year, Will saw something that looked like Dart."

Loud banging then came from outside the AV room. "Hello? Hello? Guys, come in. Can I come in yet?" Max shouted from outside the door. Mike shot a look towards said door. "No!" Max grunted, banging on the door one more time before turning away to lean against it.

"I don't understand." Lucas paced, looking down at where Dart was. "What do you not understand?" Mike responded, looking directly at Lucas. "Will saw something that looked like Dart last year?" Lucas repeated, still not getting how that could be possible.

Will nodded. "Kind of, but there was no tail." Mike cut in. "But then he heard it yesterday. The exact same sound." Dustin turned to Will. "Why didn't you tell us before?"

Will sighed. "I wasn't sure." Dustin looked towards Mike. "So, it's a coincidence." Mike gave him his own look. "Or not. What if when Will was stuck in the Upside Down, he somehow acquired True Sight?"

Lucas shot Mike a look this time. "True Sight?" Dustin decided to quickly summarize. "It gives you the power to see into the ethereal plane." Lucas sighed, making hand motions. "Elaborate."

"Maybe these episodes that Will keeps having aren't really flashbacks at all. Maybe they're real. Maybe Will can somehow see into the Upside Down." Mike theorized. Lucas frowned. "So that would mean..."

"Dart is from the Upside Down." Mike finished, Dustin began to shake his head. Lucas sighed. "We have to take him to Hopper." Mike nodded. "I agree."

Dustin shook his head again. "No way. If we take him to Hopper, Dart's as good as dead." Maddie frowned. "Dustin..." Mike turned his attention to his curly haired friend. "Maybe he should be." Dustin looked back at Mike with betrayal. "How can you say that?"

Mike looked at Dustin like he was crazy. "How can you not? He's from the Upside Down." Dustin stopped him. "Maybe. But even if he is, it doesn't automatically mean that he's bad." Maddie sent Dustin her own look. "It kinda does."

"Yeah, that's like saying just because someone's from the Death Star doesn't make them bad." Mike agreed. Dustin looked down sadly. "We have a bond." Mike scoffed. "A bond? Just because he likes nougat?"

Dustin looked towards Mike angrily. "No, because he trusts me!" Lucas took in a breath. "He trusts you?" Dustin nodded. "Yes! I promised I would take care of him."

Dart then screeched loudly, causing everyone to jump as they turned towards him. Maddie took a few steps back as the trap Dart was in began to shake fast.

A bang sounded from the door. "Guys, what's going on? Come on." Max questioned. No one responded.

Dart continued to shake around, causing the trap to fall on its side. "Doesn't seem like he really cares about that bond of yours right now, Dustin." Maddie spoke, watching as Dart continued to thrash around.

Mike grabbed one of those microphones used to announce things and held it over his head. Dustin pointed at him. "Don't you hurt him." Mike sent Dustin a look. "Only if he attacks."

"Just open it already." Lucas bossed, pointing towards the trap. Dustin slowly grabbed the handle, pulling it close to himself before pressing the button that would release Dart.

"Holy shit!" Lucas spat because Dart had somehow gotten bigger, and nastier. "What the hell is moving in him?" Maddie questioned, pointing forwards as skin began to stretch. And then two legs came out, one on each side.

"Oh, shit!" Lucas screamed, backing away. Dart screeched towards the group and Mike lunged at it, causing Dustin to go for Mike. "No!"

Mike swung but because of Dustin missed and Dart jumped off the table. Maddie and Will backed away before watching as Dart made it towards the locked door.

But the door wasn't locked anymore as it swung open, Max on the other side with a clip. Dart ran out, sliding past Max as it ran as far as it could from the group.

"Oh, shit!" Mike yelled, running behind Lucas and Dustin as they tried to get out of the AV room. But Dustin ended up tackling Max, causing Lucas to fall as well.

Maddie and Will ran behind Mike, stopping before they could add to the pile on the ground. "Where's he go?" Lucas questioned, standing back up.

"What was that?" Max questioned, also standing. Mike turned towards her. "Dart!" Max's eyes widened. "What?" Mike continued directing his anger towards Max. "You let him escape!"

Maddie ran her hand through her hair. "Leave her alone!" Mike turned towards Maddie. "It's the truth!"

Dustin ran at Mike. "Why did you attack him?" Mike brushed him off, beginning to run forward. "Come on."

"Don't hurt him! Don't you hurt him!"

And the chase for Dart began.

AUTHORS NOTE!
out here poppin out updates whoop whoop

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 647 22
In which one of the new girls and one of the nerds started off by getting annoyed by each other and grew to like each other. or In which Arabella Ma...
3.4K 259 17
แดฑแต›แต‰โฟ แตโฑหกหกโฑแต’โฟหข แต’แถ  แตโฑหกแต‰หข แตƒแต–แตƒสณแต—, แต—สฐแต‰ หขแต˜โฟ แตƒโฟแตˆ แตแต’แต’โฟ สทโฑหกหก แตƒหกสทแตƒสธหข สณแต‰แตƒหกโฑแตโฟ. โ˜† Stranger things // Ste...
1.3K 21 14
โ›Always an angel, never a god โœ {femโˆšoc ร— male^oc} Started: january 9, 2024 Ended:????
81.5K 2K 15
๐๐Ž๐•๐„๐Œ๐๐„๐‘ โ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ is coming. something ๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™—๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™™. a ๐™จ๐™๐™–๐™™๐™ค๐™ฌ grows on the wall behind you, ๐™จ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ...