LOVE IN MACEDONIA

By JadieteChaser

_____________________________________ Athena Margaux Palema is a book worm. She often escapes reality through... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 01
CHAPTER 02
CHAPTER 03
CHAPTER 04
CHAPTER 05
CHAPTER 06
CHAPTER 07
CHAPTER 08
CHAPTER 09
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33

CHAPTER 23

218 11 0
By JadieteChaser

"Urgh my head, why does it feel like I've been hit with a 10 ton truck?" i winced in pain as i push myself up. I looked up the ceiling as it took a while for me to register where i am.

I almost forgot that i live here in the palace. I placed my hand in my head. I had too much drink. I need you Draco.

I got out of my bed and lazily walked and barged inside Draco's room.

It seemed like a long way because of the halls even though our room is just across.

"Goodmorning mademoiselle, drink this, it's a hangover remedy." Draco clicked his tongue as i slowly drank from the cup.

Draco closed the door and guided me down to him bed.

"What time is it?" I asked and looked outside.

"Past noon, you missed breakfast and lunch. Here." He gave me a tray of food.

I weakly and slowly ate while i looked around.

"How's Roxana?" I mumbled.

"She's fine, she's still asleep though and she'll probably still be in bed until nightfall. You better sleep after eating, you need it." Draco smiled at me and took the spoon from my hands. He fed me until i was full.

"Thanks," i smiled after burping.

"My pleasure mademoiselle." He stood up and carried me. He brought me back to my bed and tucked me in.

"Mademoiselle sle-"

"What are you doing here?" Heph's voice filled the room. I tilted my head and looked at the handsome man standing in the doorway.

"Good.. afternoon Heph," i mumbled. He stepped inside and glared at Draco.

Draco raised his hands to surrender before giving him a small bow.

"I'm just bringing back my sister to her bed. She just finished eating." He informed.

"Okay, you're dismissed, now go. And close the door when you get out." He instructed and sat down besides me.

I held his hands and interwined them with mine. I looked one last time at Draco who rolled his eyes before closing the door.

"He's my brother, there is no threat." I reassured him after feeling his tensioned muscles.

"I can't trust him. The more i dig deeper for your background the more suspicious to Draco i get." He said and joined me in bed. I immediately wrapped my arms around him and rested my head in his chest.

"Why are you digging for my background? Don't you trust me?" I whispered.

"I trust you, but i really want you to remember what happened between us and to know who are the people i should ask blessings to." He explained himself.

"Blessings? What for?" Blessings as in gifts? That doesn't make any sense at all.

"What does mademoiselle mean? He's been calling you that and until now i don't understand what it means." He changed the topic. I raised my brows but let it go.

"Nothing important really, he just made it up, it's his endearment to me." I explained.

"Hmm, are you sure?" Heph asked.

Why is this guy suspicious? Draco you haven't done or said something behind my back, have you? Why is he suddenly all sus of your existence?

Nice choice of words mademoiselle, he sarcastically said. But to answer your question, no i haven't done anything.

As in nothing?

As in Nothing.

I sighed and looked at Heph. "Yeah I'm sure. Tell me, where is this coming from? Where did your suspicion come from?"

"I won't tell you anything that important but Alex thinks you're stolen away, as a baby." He started.

I burst out of laughing making Draco speak up to know the details.

He just said I'm stolen as a baby.  Well wouldn't that be cute?

Yeah, yeah but wait, if he thinks that your stolen.. oh my goodness tell him my age. Make sure it's almost as the same age as you so that his suspicions will somehow lessen.

"You know Draco is the same age as me right? He can never steal me as a child if that's what you're implying." I pointed out.

Heph sighed and hugged me tighter. "Not exactly him but your or his parents might be the culprit."

"Parents?" I asked confused. "We never met our parents. Do you have a lead on who are they? Plus if you think I'm stolen then whose child am i then?"

"I won't tell you that, until i have proof then I'll tell you." Heph whispered then stood up.

I whined and sat straight. "I'll stick with Draco until you proved him guilty."

"I know, you two are close but what happens if he suddenly admits his feelings? I can't loose you to him." He voiced out his thoughts.

Eww

Yuck

Me and Drac said in unison.

"Draco is not my type, plus you're the one i love." I stood up and held his hands.

As if you're my type too mademoiselle, dream high, someone is waiting for me back in my world.

Ohh interesting, we'll talk about that later. I said to Draco and shut him off. I looked at Heph and pulled him down for a quick kiss.

"Let's go? I lost my sleepiness because of what you said." I smiled at him and pulled him out. I saw a grumpy face on Draco's face as we passed and i teased him more with a silly grin.

Whatever mademoiselle. I laughed at his remark walked faster.

Me and Heph went straight down the palace gardens to have a little bit of quite time, both saying silly jokes along the way when we both accidentally stumbled upon the unwanted guests yesterday.

Urgh i hate these two.

Drypetis and Strateira gave no attention to me and barged their way to Heph. I kept a firm grip on Heph's arms not allowing the other princess get a hold of him.

Drypetis who failed to take over my place raised her brows at me with a grim face. I stood my ground and made eye contact with her.

Yeah there is no way I'm letting go of my man.

Eventually Drypetis gave up. I smirked for a short time, but not until i saw how she looked at Strateira.

"Oops, I'm so sorry!" Strateira attacked me from the back, ripping my dress exposing alot of skin.

I let go my hands to cover my bottom and im a speed of light Drypetis immediately took my place.

My mouth dropped open as i look at the evil sisters.

"Eherm!" Roxana came saving the day using her viel to cover my back. She had a straight face and looked at both the princesses.

"My palace my rules, you two are not allowed to go out from your chambers unless allowed." Roxana saud in a firm voice. I looked at the princesses, both are having a hard time keeping a straight face.

"Well? What are you waiting for? You heard her.. Go." I second the motion. I heard Roxana giggle behind me as satisfaction came upon us.

With a fake face, Strateira and Drypetis  let go of Heph and walked straight back to the palace not even minding to bow to Roxana.

"Rude," Roxana whispered and we both laughed.

"You two got closer i see," Heph smiled at us. I glared at him as i let Roxana tie the viel around me.

"Heph seriously!? Can't you push the princesses aside when they did that to me?!" I angrily spat.

"I just want to see what you'll do, it's cute when you're jealous." He laughed.

I gasped in disapproval and looked at Roxana.

"Yeah, you're on your own here. I'll find Alex for the main time. I refuse to be in the situation you were in a while ago be my place later if i don't start building walls around him." She shrugged and walked away.

"How exactly will you do that?" I raised my brows.

"How else? A child ofcourse," she laughed manically leaving me with a proud face.

"Goodluck sweetheart!" I waved at her.

"I will!" She shouted back walking elegantly. I shook my head and looked at Heph.

"Let's put down some rules shall we?"

_______________________________________________
.
.
.
.
Roxana's POV

I stepped back in the palace and went straight the room me and Alex share. I usually sleep in my childhood room when he's not around and back there when he's back from war but that didn't apply tonight.

And the only reason to this, Strateira and Drypetis.

I sighed in relief as soon as i saw him there peacefully sleeping. I tiptoed beside him to check for any signs of women and thankfully i found no traces.

I smiled at my husband and kisses him. I fixed his blanket before going out, gently closing the door.

I headed downstairs with one objective in mind. I'll tell Margaux my addition to the plan but I'll have to do it later.

I proceeded to walk towards the corridor where the stairs towards the maids chambers is located until i heard familiar click of shoes and perfume surrounded me.

"Hey Sweet Princess." Parysatis greeted. I turned around to look at her then gave her a warm hug.

"Hello," i smiled dimly.

"What's wrong, you look bothered." She poked my cheek. I shook my head.

"It's nothing, just not in the mood. Yes i am thinking about something but it's not really that important though. What brings you here? I didn't saw you yesterday." I asked and placed the back of my hand in her forehead.

"Your not sick i suppose, are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine, but i hit my head out there yesterday so i wasn't able to attend, I'm sorry." She apologized. I smiled at her and caressed her face.

"It's fine, but i do have a simple request while you're here though." I let go of her and looked at the sky. It's my personal maids free hour.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Can you keep Alex company while i talk to my maids in case he wakes up? I've got a plan up my sleeve." I said and looked down the stairs where the slaves and maids chamber is located.

"Can't Margaux do this for you? After all she's your bff." She raised her brows at me.

"Don't be needy cousin plus Margaux is towering over her own man. And since you are the next person i trust the most and also single, i assign you to keep an eye at Alex and do your best to shove away the whore twins." I instructed before walking towards the stairs.

"Wait!" Parysatis run and stopped me.

"What?" I raised my brows at her. She stood in front of me and raised her brows too.

"Who are the whore twins?" She asked.

Seriously?

I laughed loudly and patted her shoulders.

"The Daughters of Hell Parysatis, the new comers, the cursed sisters, the leader of the temple of whores, the Princesses of Stupidity." I waved my hands and walked pass her.

"Strateira and Drypetis, ofcaurse."

Bravo cousin, bravo.

______________________________________________
.
.
.
.
Margaux POV

"This is so satisfying!" I gleefully jumped while i throw the trinkets Heph collected from all his heart-whore-ming fans.

"She sure is having fun General." Adrastus chuckled while putting back the melting and the burning things i threw down that have slipped away from the middle of the fire.

"Heph are you sure this is all? No scrolls that tells 'i like you' 'come sleep with me' something like this and like that?" I asked.

Adrastus growled out of laughter while Heph gave me a bag full of scrolls. I'm beyond offended and extremely pissed when i threw down the contents of the bag.

There are lots and lots of letters, some written in thin scrolls and some written in goats skin. I groaned and kicked the letters.

Hephaestion smiled nevously while Adrastus is cracking due to his extreme laughing. Eventually Adrastus stopped laughing and patted his chest, alot of smoke entered him perhaps.

I looked down at the pile of paper and one got my attention. It looks expensive and high quality. I picked it up and gave it to Adrastus.

"Huh?" He looked at me and accepted the paper. In only took one glance at it for him to return into his growls of laughter.

"Is it that bad? Come on read it to me." I crossed my arms and looked at him.

Adrastus nodded and sat down in a small stool, fixing the paper to be seen the light.

"Adrastus no," Heph interfered. Adrastus put down the paper and looked at me.

I glared at Heph and stomped my feet. "Read it, now." I ordered. He nodded and put the paper up again.

Heph took a step forward, "Adrastus as your General i instruct you to burn it now." He said. Adrastus looked at me apologetically and stood up near the fire.

"Adrastus go back." I pointed at the stool. He awkwardly scratched his hair and went back to the stool

I turned around and looked at Heph who has a deadly look to Adrastus. "Hephaestion, i will know what is written in that scroll whether you like it or not. If you won't allow me then say goodbye, I'm leaving you," i raised my brows, he apologetically smiled and backed away.

I smiled sweetly and gave him a flying kiss before looking at Adrastus. He is snickering at the corner while observing us.

"You have my loyalty Ms. Margaux," he saluted and fixed the paper putting it near the light. I smiled and nodded.

"Dear Chiliarach,

Chiliarach, i can't help it for I've been repressing this feelings of mine for a long time now. I must admit that i fell for you the moment i layed my eyes on you. You are our enemy, our lands fight in a tremendous battle yet after defeating us it was not only our land you conquered and captured, but also my heart and very soul. Your fighting skills amazes me, fast and agile oh how lucky would your children be. You fight all together with your brother, the king, and my cousin's husband, i can only imagine how you would fight your own battles but on a specific woman. Your loyalty, your fidelity to your comrades captured my heart too that i started thinking, what more if you fell in love? I really feel like we are meant to be, i have the beauty and you have the charms, we both have high ranks, people will envy us together and we'll stand along side with the King. Above all I'm loving, and have power and money. Be with me my king and i will do everything for your glory.

-Parysatis"

______________________________________________
.
.
.
.
Up Next: CHAPTER 24; Third Head

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267 1 88
The world had long since been damaged. The ancient gods saw to that, when they unwittingly created the curse. Now the world crumbles while the purple...
55.3K 2.9K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...
376 94 46
Alexander was the type of guy that every girl wanted. He was tall, dark, and handsome, with piercing green eyes that could make any girl swoon. He ha...
304 25 13
Born into a prestigious family, Elijah had to shoulder a lot of things- pride, family name, being the best of the best... These things were not what...