She would persevere

By SaarJT

How would you feel when the world you grew up in crashed and burned? What if you were tossed into one that wa... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 2.5
Chapter 3
Chapter 3.75
Chapter 4
Chapter 4.50
chapter 5
chapter 5.50
chapter 6
chapter 6.50
chapter 7
chapter 7.50
chapter 8
chapter 8.75
chapter 9
Chapter 9.50
chapter 10
chapter 10.75
chapter 11
chapter 11.50
Chapter 12
chapter 12.50
chapter 12.75
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
chapter 14.50
Chapter 15
chapter 15.75
chapter 16
Chapter 16.50
Chapter 17
Chapter 17.50
Chapter 18
Chapter 18.50
Chapter 18.75
Chapter 19
Chapte 19.50
Chapter 20
Chapter 20.50
Chapter 21
Chapter 21.75 Lemi
Chapter 22
Chapter 22.50
Chapter 23
Chapter 23.50
Chapter 24
Chapter 24.75
Chapter 25
chapter 25.75
chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 27.75
chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 37.75
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 - Epilogue

Chapter 13.50

16.8K 451 7
By SaarJT

Adelaide could not stop crying. Her entire heart had broken. She had nothing left.
The driver didn't know what to do with the young child. He did not know how to console her.
He tried cheering her up with food, music and everything else he could possibly come up with, but none of it was working.
In the end he just let it go and tried to ignore it.
Adelaide fell asleep crying.

The moment she woke up, she saw her mother walk out of her house with a smile.
A smile that others thought was a pleasant loving smile. It was a facade, a fake and Adelaide knew that.
Adelaide knew better.
Adelaide recognized the different faces her mother would make, that others wouldn't be able to decipher.
The love and joy that her mother exclaimed in the way she talked and emotions she showed on her face were all just that. A fake.
And it did not matter how much she portrayed to be happy, Adelaide knew she was anything but.

Candace harshly grabbed Adelaide by her arm, wanting to get the child inside so she could vent her frustrations, but she was held back by the driver.
Adelaide thought he noticed the difference in Candace's acting, but unfortunately, it was about the papers she still had to sign.
Papers about Adelaide's wellbeing that had to be insured. The amount of alimony Candace would get to spend on Adelaide and other conditions Adelaide didn't want to hear.

It just solidified what had occured.
Adelaide was given away to her mother.
Adelaide wasn't going to see her family anymore.
Adelaide would never again sport a smile on her face.
Candace had signed the papers in a hurry ready to start her venting.
The driver simply smiled at Adelaide and proceeded to walk back to the car.
This was the last chance Adelaide had.

So she screamed.
Screamed at the driver to not leave her.
Screamed at the driver to take her with him.
Screamed at the driver that she wanted to go home.
Screamed at the driver that she was afraid of her mother.

The driver didn't say anything. He got in his car, looked at Adelaide one more time with a slight smile and drove off.

Adelaide was left there.
With her mother.

And the house that would become her cell.
The house that would become her personal Hell.
Adelaide was left behind by those she once called family.

Her torture would begin today.

I officialy have a love/hate relationship with our girls past...
It just makes me wanna cry every damn five seconds..

Love Sarah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37 1 10
" We would never accept you as our sister!! " " You'll regret it. " " Yeah!! You bastard, leave my sister alone! " "I really hate her to the core of...
139K 2.9K 30
*Under Editing* All my life I thought I knew who my family was . . . boy was I wrong. I've grown up with the family I thought was mine, the Jones. Bu...
Runners By Lbooks01

Teen Fiction

7.4K 126 32
They balance each-other out. One the calm, the other the storm. Except when they don't. Except when she loses it and makes the place burn...literally...
974 144 29
Home. A place or the people? Family is beautiful, isn't it? Childhood is supposed to be magical; blessed with innocence and that lovely simplicity...