Loved You First ! Zarry !

By PlantJungleVibe

Why do you have golden brown eyes but I have green? Why do I have light skin when yours is dark? Why can't I... More

PART I
Chapter 1 - H : Collision
Chapter 2 - Z : Him!
Chapter 3 - H : Blondie Version 2.0
Chapter 4 - H : Rolling
Chapter 5 - Z : Take It Off
Chapter 6 - Z : Take Me Back
Chapter 7 - H : Falling
Chapter 8 - H : Dreams
Chapter 9 - Z : Touch
Chapter 10 - Z : Breathe
Chapter 11 - H : Lost and Found
Part II
Chapter 12 - Z : Sparkling You
Chapter 13 - H : Fireworks
Chapter 14 - H : Make a Wish !
Chapter 15 - Z : Magic
Chapter 17 - H : Together
Chapter 18 - H : NO
Chapter 19 - Z : Harry's House
Chapter 20 - Z : Just Us !
Chapter 21 - H : Catching light
Part III
Chapter 22 - Z : Flying

Chapter 16 - Z : Yellow

155 16 7
By PlantJungleVibe

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales,and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner.Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental oronly for recreational purpose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yellow, Coldplay -

Look at the stars

Look how they shine for you

And everything you do

Yeah, they were all yellow

********

Z

"This way" We took right from the stairs.

"It's not very big, we can play in there though" I was feeling self-conscious. How did others do it? My room was very personal. If it was anyone except Harry, I wouldn't be showing it to them.

Harry wasn't helping by being silent. He just stood there, looking around and taking it all in.

"You want to sit?"

I made him sit on the revolving chair by my study table near the window and took the leather bean bag opposite him. The sunshine made his skin glow.

I had the galaxy theme going on in my room and there were planets hanging in one corner orbiting around the sun. Craft project I had made with my Baba.

He was sitting right below it, looking like an angel with a halo like the ones in Mum's art books.

I could hear the clock on the wall ticking. He swung one of his legs back and forth. We were silent.

"You like yellow?" Finally, he turned towards me.

The room wasn't anything fancy. It was very plain. Mum didn't like us messing around with the house. Plain gray walls with bursts of yellow thrown in there.

Yellow curtains, yellow pillows & patterned cushions with a bit of gold in them. My yellow swivel chair at the study table combined with a few yellow decorative items on my bedside table and shelves. It was Mom's idea.

"It's my favorite color," I replied.

"Why?" he quizzed.

"Ummm....it makes me feel happy ... positive" I replied slightly unsure of my response. It was hard to explain, I always felt attracted to yellow hues.

"Like sunshine" he replied smiling, playing with his fingers over the rays coming from the window.

"Yes, exactly!" I replied excitedly, he understood so easily.

We remained silent for a while. He kept playing with the sunrays and I laid comfortably on the bean bag, stretching my legs.

"I looked for you" he finally broke the silence, his face down looking at the carpet which had geometric designs on it in the colors of gray, yellow and whites.

"You did?"

"Yaa everywhere, for almost whole month"

"Thank you" My voice broke, I felt emotional. He tried finding me. It was important to him; I was imp. to him.

"You didn't look for me?"

"I don't go out much, try to avoid the crowd, didn't think I had a way of finding you"

"But you did think about me?"

I nodded my head.

"Dreamt of soft tiny hands, fireworks and the ocean few times"

He smiled playing with his fingers.

"My hands aren't tiny, there are only a jelly bean smaller than yours" showing the tiny length of a jelly using his fingers.

I mimicked his hand gestures. He hid his face in embarrassment.

I laughed.

"I thought you were an Alien"

He thinks like me!

"Feels like one on many days"

"How so?"

"Like I don't fit"

"Maybe you are one, just don't know it yet" he sweetly tilted his head, intently looking at me.

Anybody would have laughed at me but not him. He took me seriously.

"Do you reckon it's possible?"

"Why not" he shrugged his shoulders "Didn't Superman got left on earth as a baby"

"Yeah!" I did think I was like Superman sometimes. Harry was so smart.

"How old are you?"

"6 and you?"

"Just turned 8"

"When was your birthday"

"12th January"

"Mine is coming up on the 1st of Feb, I will be 7 then, I am getting my own room" He informed with pride.

"that's fantastic" He nodded.

He started swinging on the chair.

"You should come to my house" His expression was very serious.

"okk" I mumbled. I had never done that before, never went to my friends' house by myself.

He grinned from ear to ear.

"My first guest to my new room"

"You are the first one in here as well" I told him.

He was fully rotating in the chair now.

"Why didn't you invite anyone" I stopped playing with the cahir and looked start in my eyes.

I bit my lips. I didn't feel like lying to him. It didn't reduce the embarrassment.

"I don't make friends easily," I confessed after a long pause. Others would have said something to fill the silence but he gave me time.

"That's not true" He jumped off the chair, took my hand and played with it while sitting on the rug.

I was surprised by his gesture though decided not to take my hand away.

"You are different" I confessed.

His face lit up; he liked the idea of being different from others. Special.

He kept playing with my fingers and waited for me to elaborate.

That wasn't going to happen, I had already shared too much.

"I always thought bunk beds were cool," He mused after a while.

"You want go up there?"

"Can I, that would be so cool"

"Sure, all yours" I threw my hands in the air.

He climbed up like an expert monkey.

"Come on" he shook his head and pushed his hairs to the side. I had a stupid urge to touch them.

No! not going do it.

"I am ... afraid of heights"

"You have never seen your room from here"

"Nope"

"that's insane, I will give you a hand, come up, pretty please"

He made his shiny blue green eyes big and pursed his lips, making his mouth small, it was an oddly adorable face.

You need to do as I say because I am cute face.

I took a deep breath and decided to try. Putting my right foot on the ladder, I firmly gripped the sides.

"You got this, one step at a time and keep looking at me" Harry, the grown up.

I took my time but I had made up my mind, it was going to happen. That was the day I was going to try.

I took his soft hand and braced myself, when I was on the last step. I climbed on the bed slowly, keeping my focus on him. It wasn't as difficult as I had imagined and I didn't even look down.

"You good?" He still held my hand, though I had reached the top bunk.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"We are the first ones to get here" He closed his hand into a fist, looking expectantly at me.

I gave him a fist bump.

"Do you think we can touch the ceiling from here" Ah oh, Harry had ideas.

"Maybe, probably if you jump"

"Let's do it"

"Noo, we can fall down"

"We won't, the bed is too big" He was confident.

"Harry!"

"Zain!"

"You are so stubborn"

"Let's do it, it will be fun"

I thought about it. It did sound like fun, jumping on top of bunk beds.

"We each get 3 tries, no more than that, I don't want us to break the bed"

Mom would be livid.

"Deal"

He got up, and I made space for me. His first jump has far off, he seemed unsure of himself.

"You want to do it together" I wanted to help.

He liked the idea and grinned at me.

********

Vote | Comment

Appreciate your feedback !!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 6K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
883K 20K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
590K 18.1K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
182K 3.8K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...