Demon Slayer: The Dragon Brea...

By IronDragon19

Y/N is one of the last dragon breather that can use each of the five elements in each form. During his journe... More

Chapter I: Breathe calmly
Chapter II: Final selection
Chapter IV: Friends or foes
Chapter V: Unexpected Companions
Chapter VI: Umm...do you need directions?
Chapter VII: Recovering time
Chapter VIII: Fire meets webs
Chapter IX: Dragon vs Spider
Chapter X: The butterfly mansion
Chapter XI Rehabilitation training
Chapter XII: Lord of the land or a guardian spirit of the land?
Character Bio (Not a chapter)
Tain Arc Chapter I: Meeting The Flame Hashira
Train Arc Chapter II: Sweet Dreams
Announcement (not a chapter)
Train Arc Chapter III: Waking Up In Worst Time
Train Arc Chapter VI: Worst Train Ride Ever...
E.D. Arc Chapter I: Witnessing of the Dragon
E.D. Chapter II: Meet the former Flame Hashira
E.D. Chapter III: Too loud
E.D. Chapter IV: Dragon meets a wha?
E.D. Chapter V: The lowest upper moon
E.D. Chapter VI: Another One?!
E.D. Chapter VII: God vs demons vs ???
E.D. Chapter IV: Awakening Gift
While we wait (Not a Chapter+bonus)
Blacksmith Arc Chp 1: Upper Ranks Gathering
B. Arc Chp 2: Awaken From Coma
B. Arc Chp 3: The blacksmith village
B. Arc Chp 4: To The Great Forge
B. Arc Chp 5: Fury of the Dragon
B. Arc Chp 6: A New Dawn

Chapter III: Journey begins

4.3K 91 20
By IronDragon19

Previously on the demon slayer stort...

Wh: Now then, please select an ore.

Y/N: Do we even know which are which?

Scar face: I have absolutely no clue.

Y/N: Hmmm...I wonder.

Y/N closes his eyes and see's the three of the ores glowing while the rest aren't. He then picks three of them.

??: I see. Pats his crow. As many as five of them manage to survive, huh? Excellent. The numbers of my children has increase again. I wonder what kind of swordsmen they'll become. Huh?

The crow spoke again mentioning something new.

???: three swords hmm? I see, so the stories wasn't a myth after all. The return of the dragon breather. This will be interesting indeed.

Everything faded to black.

Past/Training

We see Y/N training by cutting a dummy demon while his uncle watches his training.

Uncle: Remember, no matter how many limbs you cut they'll regrow their limbs. You must focus slicing their necks

Y/N: Curious. They can regrow that fast?

Uncle: Yes, but only if they're eating humans. When you think about it, humans and demons may share couple common thing.

Y/N: Continues to swing his wooden swords. Fighting is one of them.

Uncle: But eating as well.

Y/N stops swinging his sword as he looks at his uncle with a confusing look.

Uncle: We eat food to keep our strength and so does the demons eating humans. Except that the only difference is that the more humans they eat, the stronger they get. If they're lucky, there's a possibility that they may poses a supernatural powers.

Y/N: Supernatural powers?...

Uncle: they're known as Blood Demon Art. Deadly to go against them.

Y/N takes a moment to think about those kind of demon until he was interrupted by his uncle pat his shoulder.

Uncle: I know it may be a lot to take in about them. But I have no doubt that you won't be facing them sooner. But if you do, you must prepare yourself for whatever they have against you.

Y/N: Understood uncle- OW!-

His uncle smacks Y/N head.

Uncle: Address me as your master!- Now I want you to start running uphills and back. Keep doing that until sunset.

Y/N: EEEEH!?

Uncle: Begin!

He whistle and we see a dog charging towards Y/N who starting to make a run for it as he screams while his uncle watches as he's drinking tea.

Uncle: Smirks. Oh that never gets old these days. Chuckles.

Present/Home.

Its been days since Y/N retrieved his ores for his own sword and he's still recovering with some bandages on him. Thankfully for him, he doesn't need to train a lot when he came back. His uncle was relieved to see his nephew returns alive from the final selection and so now they celebrate by their dinner with their (F/F. Favorite Food).

C/N: Um uncle, don't you think its a lot of food for all of us?

Uncle: Nonsense, this is a celebration that you're cousin has completed the final selection. A task like this is not a easy path for the beginners. After all, he had nothing better to eat during the final selection isn't that right Y/N?

Y/N: Well...

Flash back/final selection.

Y/N cracks open a tree open and tries to find some bugs to eat.

Y/N: OK, they say that eating bugs can sometimes taste like rice dumplings. So I guess I'm just gonna test that theory.-

Next thing there were bees buzzing angrily causing him to run for it.

Y/N: OK bad idea, bad idea, bad idea!

Flashback ends

Y/N:...Yeeeaah let's just say I accidentally stole food without knowing who it belongs.

Uncle: Laughs. Oh I remember my time at my final selection and trust me, I didn't eat my left eye.

The three of them laugh until they heard a knock at the front door. Y/N went to go and check see who it is.

Y/N: I got it. I don't think its a blacksmith, its only been 13 days.

He opens the door and saw a stranger wearing a strawhat and carrying a wooden box behind him.

Takeo: My name is Takeo, I'm here to give nichirin blade to Y/N L/N.

Y/N: That would be me.

He removes his strawhat revealing a fox mask. Kinda like the one Tanjiro had but dark grey.

Takeo: Its an honor to meet you. May I come in?

Y/N: The Honor's mine. Please come in, my family and I are having dinner.

Takeo: Much appreciated young one.

Y/N welcomes Takeo as he enters and see's his old friend.

Takeo: Cheerful. U/N! (Uncle/name) Its great to see you once again my old friend.

Uncle: Takeo! Gives him a hug. Too early to come here with my nephews swords don't you think?

Takeo: After hearing about his breathing techniques like yours, I couldn't help it and see for myself. Laugh.

C/N: Confused. Wait you two know each other?

Takeo: Of course, I was the one who made his swords back when he was a same age as you two.

Uncle: Care to have dinner with us while we chat about our stories?

Takeo: You know it, eat first, talk later, slice demons last. Smiles.

They all began to eat as they were talking about uncle and Takeo back story as well as explaining about the difference between nichirin blade and normal swords.

Takeo: And before when I learned about your uncle breathing technique, I didn't know why exactly he needed three nichirin swords. I would've been mad to see him loosing them.

Y/N: I don't know what's worst. Loosing a sword or getting it snapped in half.

Takeo: Obviously both! Ahem. Speaking of which, I believe its time to see what color your nichirin blades may be.

Y/N: Colors on my blades?

Uncle: Its call color changing swords. Depending on the user, nichirin blade can change colors.

Y/N: Excited. Sweet, wonder what's gonna be mine.

Takeo brings the wooden box and opens it revealing Y/N's swords.

Uncle: Just to let you know that I'm not sure which is the strongest color you may have. As far as I know, most dragon breathers have different colors for their swords.

Takeo: Well only one way to find out what color he'll get. Here.

He hands Y/N his swords.

(They're all look the same)

Y/N then looks at the design of the swords and likes them.

Takeo: Excited. Come on draw it. I wanna see what color you could get.

Y/N: Takes a moment to breathe. Alright, here goes nothing.

He then unsheathe them and they began to change colors to blackish brown

(Kinda like this.)

Takeo: Brown?

Uncle: Hmm...

Y/N: Um...this is normal right?

Uncle: To be honest, I don't really know. Mines are dark green but I'm not sure what does brown mean.

Y/N: Huh...I kinda like the color. And a perfect balance too.

Takeo: One of my best talents.

Before Y/N was think about trying it out, his crow appears to the window. (It can be whatever the name you like for your crow.)

Crow: I bring message to Y/N.

Y/N: Surprise. Already?

Crow: A demon lingering in the town not far from here. You must go and find the demon who's kidnapping the people there.

Takeo: To Y/N. Best that you get going.

Y/N: Alright, I guess its time

Y/N puts his F/C haory and gets ready to leave.

Y/N: I guess this is it then. No turning back now.

Uncle: Indeed...

His uncle puts his hands on Y/N shoulders as he looks at his eyes.

Uncle: I want you to be careful, your journey will be difficult against the stronger demons.

Y/N: I know...but I won't back down that easy.

Uncle: I know you won't. That is why I trained you for this...But before you go I want to give this to you.

His uncle hands him a small box a size of a hand. Y/N then opens it and sees what's inside the box.

Y/N:....A tooth? Why would you have a human tooth?- Ow!-

Angrily his uncle smack his head

Uncle: No you fool! Its a dragon tooth.

Y/N's surprise as eyes widened learning that this is a dragon tooth.

Y/N: A dragon tooth!?

Uncle: Yes. Its been pass down through our family generations. It...it belong your mother once...now it is yours.

Y/N: But are you sure I can have this?

Uncle: Put his hand on Y/N shoulder as he shed tears. Its what your mother would've wanted when you are ready.

Y/N hugs his uncle as he hugs back showing.

Y/N: Cries. Thank you uncle, I'll never forget your training and how you were a father to me. Sniff.

Uncle: She'd be proud. I, am proud of you.

After they let go of each other Y/N put the necklace on. Before Y/N leaves, he look at his uncle and waves at him one more time before leaving.

Uncle: Take care my nephew. And walk safe through the light.

Time skip/one week later.

Its been a week since he left and began slaying demons. Leaving Y/N a broken rib after fighting a couple of demons. They were strong but they were only brute strength.

Y/N: God this is so painful to fight. How did uncle and the other slayers even get use to this stuff? Man I need some rest from all this.

Y/N finds a city and notice that there's light. Since he was raised by his uncle who lives away from the cities.

Y/N: Oh man. I wonder what does the city look like. Stomach growls. And what they got to eat.

He heads towards the city and saw a lot of lights all over the place and a lot of people walking in a crowd around in the city.

Y/N: so many people, how do they even sleep with all this brightness in the night?

He walks around the city and finds a place to eat. Unfortunately most of the restaurants cost a lot to eat. So he then leaves the city and as he's away from the city, he founds a street food away from the crowd.

Y/N: Finally, something good that's cheap. I hope it is though.

Y/N approaches and orders one bowl of udon. Few minutes later his bowl of udon is served.

Y/N: Smiles. Thank you very much.

Chef: Anytime kid, this is a second time someone loves my udon recipes today.

Y/N: Curious. Really? Who was the first?

Chef: Some guy who has a red hair and a girl with a bamboo muzzle on her mouth.

Y/N: Confused. Why would anyone wear a muzzle when they're eating?

Chef: Right? The girl didn't eat but the boy ate two bowl of udon. Next thing they just left with a stranger. Come to think of it. I know that stranger but he only appears in the night.

Y/N: In the night you said huh? Maybe I'll check it out. Right after I have a second bowl of udon cuz this is really good.

Chef: Ha! Glad you like it. Seconds is on the house.

After Y/N has his seconds he ask him where they went and the chef point the direction where they went. He then head there to and finds a whole place empty.

Y/N: There's no one around here. Chef must've misled me. Unless.

He crouches down and puts his hand on the ground.

Y/N: Dragon breath second form. Inhales. Brown dragon ground sense.

He sense the whole are and finds couple demons along with a familiar sense back in the final selection.

Y/N: Tanjiro! He may be in danger!

Y/N rushes to the direction to help his friend.

Meanwhile with Tanjiro and Nezuko, they're fighting two demons. One who has eyes on his palms while the other who has six arms and uses six bouncy ball. Tanjiro and Nezuko are both struggling to fight them but Tanjiro struggles more.

Tanjiro: At this rate most of my bones will shatter!

He then tries to block the red arrow with his nichirin sword but the arrow still pushes him and he's about to hit the wall until someone caught him but still pushes both of them to the wall. At least it was little painless for Tanjiro. He then saw who saved him and made his eyes wide open noticing the familiar face.

Tanjiro: Shockingly surprise. Y-Y/N!?

Y/N: Groan. In the flesh. Things aren't looking well here. What's going on.

Tanjiro: Two of the demons came right towards us and started to attack us. My sister Nezuko is dealing with the other demon.

Y/N: Got some broken ribs but I can still fight. Let's take him out and help your sister.

Tanjiro: Right!

They both got in their stance and gets ready go against the demon.

Demon: another demon slayer? Grinn. Haha now this gets more interesting. I can kill two birds in one stone.

They both then charge towards the demon as the demon prepares to fight.

-End of Chapter 3-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 651 27
"I don't give a damn that you're a 'Hashira'. Next time we meet, YOU ARE DEAD!" When a Hashira kills somebody close to Y/N, he gains a new resolve to...
4K 112 20
Tanjiro is a slayer of brightness, his family was murdered by non other than the Demon King, seeking out revenge Tanjiro goes upon a journey to cure...
50.9K 2.2K 15
BREATHING STYLE All known Breathing Styles currently taught within the Demon Slayer Corps are derived from Sun Breathing, the first one ever created...
28.3K 944 74
An alternate take of the canon story where, Tanjiro has learned Sun Breathing, the Kamado family lives, Nezuko becomes a Demon Slayer, Zenitsu master...