Wishes in the Waves

By m0chii-

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! I should've watched where I was throwing, becuase you could've gotten seriousl... More

•~Sneak Peek and A/N~•
•~Chapter 1: Swimming~•
•~Chapter 2: Pebbles~•
•~Chapter 3: Stay~•
•~Chapter 4: Why Is She So Familiar?~•
•~Chapter 5: Spirits~•
•~Chapter 6: This Wasn't Part of The Mission!~•
•~Chapter 7: Together~•
•~Chapter 8: Interruptions~•
•~Chapter 9: Training~•
•~Chapter 10: Questions~•
•~Chapter 11: Preparations~•
•~Chapter 12: A Night To Remember~•
•~Chapter 13: The Biggest Promise~•
•~Chapter 14: Thinking~•
•~Chapter 15: The Truth~•
•~Chapter 16: Unexpected Help~•
•~Chapter 17: The Final Blow~•
•~Chapter 18: Sacrifices~•
•~Chapter 20: Final Fates~•
•~NOT A CHAPTER!~•
•~Oneshot #1: Zenzuko~•
•~Oneshot #2: InoAoi~•
•~Oneshot #3: The Tankana Wedding~•
•~Oneshot #4: GiyuShino~•
•~Oneshot #5: SaneKana~•
•~Oneshot #6: ObaMitsu~•
•~Pictures To Enjoy~•
•~The End~•

•~Chapter 19: Please~•

542 18 18
By m0chii-

(The song is part of a vocaloid. If you want to know the story, look up Story Of Evil, on YouTube. The story or vocaloid is not related to this fanfic whatsoever, but I used the song only because I thought it fit the theme of this chapter.)

(Once again, the song is not mine, but enjoy anyways!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had already been almost a month since that fateful day.

Most people had recovered from the shock and terror of the incident. 

The towns of the merpeople and the humans were being rebuilt, and merpeople and humans began getting along after 'discovering' each other.

But, there was still one person who was filled with the trauma from that day.

And...it was none other than Tanjiro.

Kanao's seemingly lifeless body had been laid in a separate room in the castle.

Tanjiro would walk to the door of her room every day, and stare at it. He would place his hand on the door, mutter something, and then leave hurriedly, as he was always on the verge of tears.

Those who lived in the castle were concerned for the young king. Even people in town were concerned for him, since they knew how horrible the boy felt.

They knew that he blamed himself for everything that had happened. 

They knew that he thought that if he had been awake during the remainder of the big fight, Kanao wouldn't have made such a sacrifice.

He ate meals alone in his room all the time, and during the day, he never came out of his room, except to try and visit Kanao. Seeing him around the castle had become a rare sight.

And during nights, he wouldn't get good sleep, and those who saw him, even rarely, noticed the deep and dark circles under his eyes.

There was one day, though, when this depressing routine came to a halt.

Tanjiro had come out of his room to go to Kanao's during the afternoon. 

Zenitsu and Nezuko, at the time, were walking through the hallways together.

Nezuko noticed her brother standing at the door of Kanao's room. 

After shushing Zenitsu, who had been chattering away, the two ran behind a wall, to see what Tanjiro would do.

To their shock and happiness, they saw Tanjiro take a deep breath, and they heard the door to Kanao's room open. 

They were happy, since he had never gone inside Kanao's room since...the incident.

Rushing over behind the door, Nezuko peeked to see what was happening in that room. 

She knew he would probably catch their scents, but she wanted to know what he was doing, nevertheless.

She and Zenitsu saw Tanjiro sitting at the foot of the bed where Kanao lay.

Kanao's chest moved up and down very slowly. Then, they heard Tanjiro begin to speak.

"I'm sorry Kanao. If I were awake that day, instead of being knocked out, your body wouldn't be here like this."

"We could've been outside, together on this beautiful day...we could've been doing anything else."

"But, because I was knocked out, you're here. Probably not even hearing what I'm saying."

Nezuko and Zenitsu began to hear quiet sniffles and sobs inside the room. They could both practically feel their hearts breaking at the guilt that Tanjiro felt.

The younger Kamado siblings were also walking through the hall during this time, along with the Kamado parents, and Toma, Luna, and Jin.

They had been discussing Tanjiro and how they could make the young boy feel better. 

However, the group of people came to an abrupt stop when they saw Zenitsu and Nezuko, standing outside of the open door of Kanao's room.

As the group approached the teenagers hurriedly to find out why they were there and what was going on, Zenitsu waved them over, giving signals for them to be quiet.

Although space was cramped, they stayed behind the door, listening to Tanjiro's seemingly one person conversation.

"You know, ever since that day I met you while skipping stones...my heart has never felt the same." Tanjiro said, wiping tears off his face. 

The people at the door were surprised, since he had never mentioned this information to them before.

"I have had racing feelings in my chest. I felt like I had done something to upset you, because of the way you swam off." he said, remembering that time.

"But now I understand why you didn't want to come out of the water...but that's not a secret anymore." he continued, letting out a quiet giggle.

The eavesdropping group exchanged simultaneous glances with each other. This was the most emotion that Tanjiro had shown in over a month! 

Their concern for him slowly began to melt away.

"Whenever I'm around you, my heart beats faster, and my stomach begins turning circles." he admitted, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear.

"At the end of the ball, when we kissed..." he began, starting to hesitate. Behind the door, some members of the group looked at each other in shock and excitement.

"I actually kind of liked it...?" he finished, turning red. "If you didn't like it, I'm really sorry...but I also failed to mention something when we were finished with our kiss under the tree..."

"I never got to mention...how much I love you. Please wake up one day...so I can tell you all over again."

And with that, he tucked his hair back, and leaned over to Kanao.

His lips brushed hers gently, and he stood up and walked back, casting one last glance at the sleeping form of the girl.

Sighing sadly, he began to walk to the door and leave to his room, and the people behind it began to flee so as not to be discovered...but then...

Tanjiro heard stirring and movements coming from the bed...he turned around, and he was filled with shock and joy when he saw...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Tanjiro kissed Kanao...there was something he didn't know...

When a person prepares themselves to kiss another person out of romantic feelings for them, their feelings of love bubble up inside them energetically.

Their love becomes energetic and joyful, and when the kiss is planted, this love energy is left behind on the surface that had been kissed...

And it can reverse the after effects of Equinoctial Vermillion Eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: 

Thanks for continuing to read up to this part! Sorry for the late update, I've been doing some other things this weekend.

Thank you all so, so, so, so much for 2.3K reads! I never thought this book would be so popular...but here we are (lol).

Now, I don't really watch MHA...but I understand the gist of it, and who the characters are-

Anyways, just enjoy this fanart! (that does not belong to me.)

Thanks again! Don't forget to...

Comment!

Vote!

And maybe follow?

Byeeee!

Word Count: 1128 Words ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 11.3K 104
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚.. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙢 𝙄? ❞ ∘₊✧──────✧₊∘ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...
30.1K 829 28
Love for the slayers seems impossible; you'll never know when the other will die and leave you in the cruel world's wake. Watch Giyuu and Shinobu acc...
36.8K 889 15
Zenitsu being Zenitsu, doesn't want to be embarrassed for being single. Now that he met again his close friend and now he has a W-WIFE!!!!!!????? A W...
2.1K 220 16
"She's way to good. There's no way I'll be able to beat her. Game over." Tanjiro x Kanao Fanfiction I made out of motivation. This story is a video g...