Becoming a Legend

MoonbowMagic által

Your name is Y/N. You are one of the fastest people alive. Or at least that is not how it started. You were... Több

HELLO!
Chapter 1: The Particle Accelerator
Chapter 2: Nine Months Later
Chapter 3: Back from the Dead
A Quick Note
Chapter 4: Running
Chapter 5: The Streaks
Chapter 6: E=MC Hammer
Chapter 7: Rogue One
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9: Something Chilling
Note
Chapter 10: Heroes
Chapter 11: A New Timeline
Chapter 12: Rogues. Cute.
Chapter 13: Diamond
Chapter 14: I Know a Guy
Chapter 15: Partners
Chapter 16: What did you expect?
Hey Guys!
Chapter 17: Peachy
Intermission: You're Not a Bad Guy
Chapter 19: Not just Heroes
Chapter 20: The Waverider
Chapter 21: A fight with Boba Fett
Chapter 22: Let's Go Change the Future
Chapter 23: Going Once...
Chapter 24: The Dagger
Chapter 25: For Carter
Chapter 26: Reverse Uno
Chapter 27: Hot Chocolate
Chapter 28: Deal
Chapter 29: Bone Me
Chapter 30: Scouts Honor
Chapter 31: Russian Gulag
Chapter 32: Prison Break
Chapter 33: Star City
Author Note
Chapter 34: Looting in the Chaos
Chapter 35: Our Friends?
Chapter 36: Stardate 837.9
Chapter 37: Chosen
Chapter 38: Sneak Attack
Chapter 39: Heroic
Chapter 40: Fire and Vengence
Chapter 41: Eventuality
Chapter 42: I've died before

Chapter 18: You're okay now

403 13 2
MoonbowMagic által

After getting a call of another attack, you arrived at the crime scene with Barry. Joe joined you guys as you were met by Patty Spivet. She was her same old cheerful self.

"Don't worry sir, I waited for you this time. Ok I may have done a quick piliminary assessment of my own. Something is definitely weird."

You watched as she lifted up a sheet to show you guys a headless body. You grimaced. The worst part of your job was seeing stuff like this. Maybe a limb like a leg wouldn't be so bad, but their head?  

"Decapitation... " Barry said looking about enthusiastic as you about it.

"Yikes...." you finished.

Patty continued telling you about their progress on the scene so far. "We're still recovering parts of the head, so the I.D is taking a little longer than normal..." she took a step before suddenly jumping back. "Ah! Ew. sorry. I thought I stepped on an ear. I didn't. If I did, I'd be hearing things." she laughed at her own joke.

You smiled shaking your head as Joe just walked away. You liked a good pun but sometimes she was too much. It reminded you a little bit of Barry. 

You guys got back to looking at the body. "Doesn't look like the head was taken off with any weapon I'm familiar with and I'm familiar with most weapons" Patty said proudly.

"Yeah, your right. Preparation around the neck... it's too jagged." Barry said examining it.

"It's almost like the head was blown off" you said realizing that sort of pattern was not man made.

"A metahuman who can explode heads?" Patty questioned.

"Not necessarily" Barry said scanning the area again. "Traces of thermite."

"Bomb residual? Then why didn't the rest of the body blow up?" You asked shocked.

Joe walked over to you guys with more information. "The victim is David Rutenberg. A security systems expert and guess who's on his list of known associates? ...Lewis Snart."

"Lewis Snart? Isn't he related to Leonard Snart aka Captain Cold?" Patty said eagerly.

You blushed hearing Leonard's name said by another person who was not a part of team Flash and Diamond. Sometimes you forgot the outside world knew about them too.

"Please don't call him that." Joe shook his head looking at her.

"One sec come here" Barry says to Joe and you. Once you have stepped away from Patty, he continues. "I think this guy is part of Snart's crew."

"So Snart put a bomb in him to keep him in line?" Joe asked.

"No," you quickly defended Leonard. " He wouldn't do that, but...."

"...his father would" Barry finished agreeing with you.

"Wait so Lewis is killing people and Snart is still with him what happened with the deal?" Joe continued to question.

"Maybe he doesn't have a choice" Barry suggested. You nodded in agreement.

"You think Lewis put a bomb in his own son to force him to pull off a heist?" Joe asked.

Oh no. You didn't think about that.

"Snart would dig the bomb out of his head if he had to." Barry concluded.

"There must be something else that snart cares about"

"...his sister" you said.

***********************************************************************************************

Back at Star Labs you and the rest of the team continued to try to figure out how you could help Lisa.

Barry was holding a device up to her neck trying to measure what it was made out of.  "The microbomb casing must be made out of some kind of thermomagnetic material."

"Once you hold it steady with a magnet, I could thoroughly circumcise it!" Caitlyn said suddenly getting an idea. 

Opposite to Caitlyn's suddenly excited outburst you grimaced thinking about it.

Suddenly Cisco burst into the main room from one of the side rooms waving his hands shouting "put the magnet down! This is a really concentrated bomb! It's gonna combust if exposed to magnetic friction and oxidant!"

You all moved away rather quickly while still unsure how to be cautious about this.

Lisa looked very worried "what's he talking about?" she asked looking at all of us.

"Air..." Barry started. Lisa looked at him still looking confused. You started to catch on what he meant.

"Uh, the bomb will explode if it comes into contact with air" you finished or him looking at Lisa with a worried face.

"Alright Lisa were gonna find another way to get it out" Cisco reassured her "scientific minds can we confer please" he said stepping back into the side room. You all followed him in.

"What if the flashes speed extracts it?" Caitlyn asked suddenly getting some hope.

"No, it's too risky" Cisco shook his head. "I'm gonna find a way to get it out. I just need a little time."

"Well, we need to keep track of Lewis till you figure out how to disarm the bomb" Barry reminded us all.

"Right!" you agreed. "How are we gonna do that?"

"I just wish we knew what he was gonna steal next and when" Caitlyn thought out loud.

"Maybe I could get them to tell me."

You looked at him confused. 

"Their tech guy is dead. So, I'm betting their gonna need a new one."

"Oh no..." you said catching on.

Barry looked at you and smiled.  "I'm saying I'm gonna infiltrate Lewis's crew!"

"Your gonna pretend to be a criminal?" Caitlyn scrunched up her face trying to picture that.

Barry gave a cheesy shrug "how hard could it be?"

You suddenly grew a little jealous that Barry was gonna go undercover with Leonard. You know you shouldn't be feeling that way because of the situation but you wanted to help in some way. You knew Barry did have a lot of knowledge about those kinds of things so he would be the best chance at making this go smoothly. So, you decided...

"Ok." you said to Barry. "I'll stay close behind just in case."

"Let's do it" he agreed giving you a high five.

***********************************************************************************************

You had already managed to get inside the building before Lewis, Leonard, and Barry arrived.

You were up high looking at them with a bird's eye view. You watched as they made it past the front desk and loaded into the elevator. Your heart thumped a little seeing Leonard. First because you slowly found yourself falling for him and second because you were felt sad for the situation, he was in.

You gotta stop thinking about these things while on missions you thought to yourself.

You put your hand up to the comm installed on your head piece. 

"They're in" you said to Cisco before you followed them to their next point of entrance. 

Sneaking a look around the corner you noticed they had stopped. There were two guards at the end of the hallway. You hear Barry say "I got this" before bending down and holding up his phone to look around the corner. 

Lewis looked distracted probably hoping to improvise his plan. Leonard looked less than interested and you noticed he happened to look a little in the direction you were. Since everyone seemed distracted. You decided you were gonna take a chance. 

You stepped out a little bit farther around the corner hoping to catch Leonard's attention. You waved your hand a little and Leonard turned his gaze at you. Your breath hitched but you kept your game face on. You gave him a little smile and held up you index finger to your mouth making the shush signal. Leonard had a hard glare his eyes looking up, but they almost appeared to soften when he looked at you. 

You quickly got back behind the corner as Barry got up to tell Lewis and Leonard of the situation. You knew what to do. While Barry talked, you quickly sped the guards to another part of the building and making it back in time to see Barry tell Lewis that they were gone now and did not need to shoot them. 

"Wonder how that happened." you hear Leonard say as he stayed for a split second behind longer looking at you. You gave him a wink. You could tell that he didn't expect that because he almost laughed a little bit but quickly shook his head and walked away.

You followed behind slowly as they made it to the vault door. You watched as Barry cracked his knuckles and walked up to the keypad as he used his speed to open the door. When he got the correct combination, he looked so proud of himself and hyped himself up.

"Show off" you thought to yourself.

So far so good. Until Lewis started to walk into the vault, turned around, and shot Barry. 

You had to clasp a hand over your mouth. You were certain Barry caught it. Speedsters can catch bullets but part of you couldn't help but wonder what if? Plus, you didn't expect Lewis to just suddenly shoot him, so it surprised you.

You peeked around again and saw Lewis walk into the vault with Leonard who before continuing on looked back at Barry with a sad face. Your heart sank for him. But it wasn't over yet.

After the coast was clear you stepped out into the hallway to kneel by Barry, but he got up startling you. 

You put your hands to your chest. " Don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry" he said leaving for a split second to put on his flash suit. "Cisco how's it coming with Lisa?"

"Kind of in the middle of it right now buddy" you hear him on the comms.

"Alright we need that bomb out the heist is going down right now!" Barry said urgently.

When the alarm started sounding off you knew it was time. You both raced into the vault. 

Leonard put up his cold gun and pointed it at you and Barry though you know it was just for show because of his dad. 

"The only place your going is back to Iron Heights Lewis" Barry corrected him.

"You wanna bet?" Lewis replied snarkily.

"Do i wanna bet?" Barry half said and half asked to Cisco.

"Do not bet! Give me a minute!" You hear a frantic Cisco on the other end.

"Oh boy" you thought. If you could, you would have face palmed.

Instead, you spoke up. "Tell me this, what kind of a man puts a bomb in his own daughter?" You said suddenly getting really mad at the situation.

"A rich man" he held up the device that would activate the bomb in Lisa. "Shoot them son."

You looked at Leonard who you could tell by looking at his eyes was having an inner battle with himself. He kept looking back and forth between you and Barry. 

An intense moment passes. Come on Cisco, you kept thinking.

"Kill them or you'll never see your sister alive" Lewis threatens Leonard when he realized he wasn't doing it. 

Suddenly over comms...

"I got the bomb out!" you hear Cisco cheer. 

You reacted quickly eager to give Leonard the good news. "Lisas safe!" You see his hardened face get much softer and then it turns back into the quick calculating exterior you knew... and loved. 

You watch as his dad turns toward him confused and that's when Leonard turns his gun at him. Leonard blasts him with his cold gun.

Lewis falls on his knees to the floor before being able to look up back at Leonard.

"You're working with the Flash and Diamond? I thought you hated them?"

"Not as much as I hate you." Leonard says to his father. His eyes knitted together. He looked to be in more pain than his father.

Lewis falls all the way to the floor and dies. Leonard leans down. 

You walk over to him and gently take the cold gun from Leonard ignoring the way your fingers brushed. He looks slightly at you as you give it to Barry. He remains in place and looks back at his dad. 

"Lisa was safe. Why did you do that?" Barry asks him.

"He broke my sisters' heart. Only fair I break his." Leonard replied.

You kneeled next to Leonard and put your hand on his knee. Rubbing it slightly with you thumb. 

You didn't blame Leonard at all. You knew Lewis for only one day and understood why. Leonard had been deeply hurt since his childhood and this was like an ending to all those years of trauma his dad put him through. You wanted to comfort him, so you said the only thing that came to mind.

" You're okay now Leonard." 

***********************************************************************************************

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

467 14 17
Leonard Snart's been running all his life, from his dad, the law, his screwed up past. Since his childhood nothing good has ever come from trusting p...
353K 9.1K 103
Becoming the fastest man alive has opened so many doors for me but the one it couldn't was something I needed to slow down for. I met her by chance b...
3.5K 36 35
The team at S.T.A.R Labs had a lot on their mind. They were facing a mysterious man who kidnapped metas. So far only one had escaped. Alexis "Alex" B...
21 0 38
Imagine waking up one day and you don't recognise your body anymore. Your memories are still there but it's like mind and matter don't belong. Then t...