50 Things I Don't Know About...

By Yooorra

⭐ 𝘸π˜ͺ𝘯𝘳π˜ͺ𝘯𝘒 𝘧𝘧 ❀ As a shut-in, Kim Minjeong never liked the idea of interacting with people as sh... More

Jimin who?
Cold
Neighbor
Noted
Trust
Bit by Bit
Attention
Met
Trip
War
Know You?
Our Time
Comfort
Reasons
~ 50 Things ~
10 β€’ Prodigy
Good luck
11 β€’ Cook
No Worries
12 β€’ I'm Here
13 β€’ No Choice
14 β€’ Still You
15+ β€’ Happenings
18+ β€’ Doesn't Like(?)
Life's a Beach
Thoughts
It's My Condition!
20+ β€’ I Can't Do That
Tired, I'm Sorry
22 β€’ Love Her- Not
Sparks
Questioning
Movie Night
23 β€’ Pancakes
24 β€’ Stupid Gummies
25+ β€’ No One Else
29 β€’ A Secret, For Now
Unfortunate
30+ β€’ Melodies
34+ β€’ You Are "K"
36+ β€’ Memory Lane
41 β€’ Promise
42 β€’ Is This Sympathy?
43 β€’ In Denial
44 β€’ I've Decided
45 β€’ Little Help
46 β€’ Getting Better
47 β€’ What Are You Up To?
48 β€’ Just You & Me
49 β€’ Almost There
A Match and Farewell
A Story to Be Told
This List of Things
I Wanted To
Complex Feelings
Not The Same
First Aid
It's Confusing
Playback
Out of Reach
Don't go
50 β€’ One Last Thing About You
Epilogue

Better Than Nothing

1.7K 118 70
By Yooorra

| Jimin's POV

The breeze is unusually cold today, I woke up very early at 5:30, earlier by an hour from when I normally set my alarm to. None of it was normal.

The reason was that I needed to go to the cemetery. I brought flowers too. At 5:30, the sky hadn't yet lightened. It was silent as I gradually closed my eyes to feel the skimming wind, unconsciously tightening my grasp on the flowers I held.

My mood wasn't that bleak, rather I was thankful... still to this very day. How long has it been again?— five years I presume.

Seriously, I wouldn't have lived if it wasn't for the heart I had now. Years ago, the hospital I was at did not have any hearts to replace mine.

And it just so happens that someone...

I instantly shuddered at the thought and opened my eyes. Shaking my head, I took a deep breath and approached a particular grave.

It looked like a lot of people already visited yesterday as there were a lot of flowers placed around it. Somehow, I felt kind of sorry.

"Sorry, I was busy at work."

Crouching down, I placed the flowers among the others and showed a faint smile. I didn't know what to do after and merely stayed like that for at least three minutes, staring at the grave without uttering a word.

I felt really sorry.

But I shrugged that thought away as I stood up and cleared my throat, finally parting my lips to speak, not even noticing the single tear that ran down my left cheek until my eyes got blurry.

I quickly wiped it away with my sleeves.

"I hope you didn't leave with that many regrets."

I laughed drily, twice, and lowered the hand I was using to wipe the tears from my eyes. My expression shifted in a flash.

"This might be a bit mean but... I wish that you didn't meet me back in high school. If you hadn't met me then— maybe all of this wouldn't have happened, you know?"

Exhaling, I breathed out a long sigh.

"Thank you for giving your heart to me... thank you for giving me another chance in life. Thanks to you, I'm happily taken and am taking care of a child.. well, a cat child." I snickered, "Kids are too early for me, but maybe in the near future."

With that, I became silent once again.

I don't know what else to say.

After a prolonged moment, I bid my farewells and turned my back to make my way back into the car I parked just outside of the cemetery.

In midst of that, a buzz suddenly came from the phone that was inside my pocket. I had an idea of who this person might be, so I quickly pulled it out and gazed at the screen— a video call?

Without delay, I answered it which revealed one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen.

"Okay, babe! Hear me out!" she cleared her throat. "A dog... I found a cute stray dog while strolling around the shores, he's so cute!"

"My gosh, Jeongie..." I couldn't help but chuckle, "Don't tell me you just called me because of that."

"Oh..." Minjeong maintained her smile whilst nervously scratching the back of her head, "I just did, didn't I?"

"Pfft, you know— you could've just sent me a text right?"

"Ah, yeah wait."

Just as when I was about to speak, she suddenly ended the call that left me in shock while I step into the car. Then as of immediately, I received a message from her.

Seeing the message made me burst out in laughter. To think that she's this simple and sending me these kinds of things out of nowhere— so cute.

She changed so much.

Thinking of this, I ended up smiling all the way and agreed to her ideas. When I drove off to meet her at a cafe, my smile never left.

"She's so wholesome."

———————————————

After spending the whole morning with my girl along with her new dog, I straight up went to work and was quickly greeted by my coworkers.

"Good afternoon Dr. Yu~"

One of the passing nurses patted my shoulder lightly and greeted me. The greetings didn't even end, they kept on coming as I walk through the hallways towards my office. I'm quite aware that I'm popular among doctors and nurses.

Not my fault I look good in a white coat.

Arriving in front of my office door, I stepped inside of it and was met by a new patient of mine who seemed to have autism.

Yes, I became a psychiatrist.

Ever since that traumatic incident, it made me think for who knows how long a lot of things. The thought of Minjeong dying terrified me, it's fascinating how I endured all of that after finding out that she's safe though changed a lot.

While Minjeong recovered faster than me and continued with college. I was left back at the apartment alone never stepping outside for three weeks. In that three weeks, I thought about it and decided to change majors.

What's better than being the love of your life's own medicine, right? And since it was her, finishing the course and choosing this career was definitely worth it.

I understood how hard it was for her to cope with her conditions, confusion was always bound to be there lying inside of her thoughts. I couldn't imagine myself being in her place, she did so well...

"Where's Jeongie?"

"Kai gave his heart to you just as when he was about to die, everything is fine Jiminie."

Finding out the fact, Jimin felt something strike through her head but still continued with her question as her attention was solely on her girlfriend.

"Okay, but where is Jeongie?"

The girl repeated as she slowly sat up, unbothered by the wires that were connected to her body. One of the brothers attempted to lay her body back down on the bed, only to be shaken away by the latter.

That brother was named Kihyun, he pursed his lips and looked at his brothers for a short while before reluctantly answering his sister's question.

"Kim Minjeong, right? She's resting next door."

Jimin groaned, "See? Answering that wasn't so hard." she turned to the side as her feet touched the floor. "Can I see her?"

Worried, Kihyun gazed at the girl with full intent. Placing both of his hands on the latter's shoulders, giving them a soft squeeze.

"Listen to me, Jiminie... Minjeong is not in a good state where you should just go ahead and meet her."

Jimin furrowed her brows, "What— are you talking about?" she looked around the room and noticed how her brothers' expressions were darkened.

"Minjeong has no idea who we are."

A familiar figure abruptly stepped into the room, and it was Win. Jimin was surprised by this and asked why he was still here in Korea. The guy explained how the college classes he was going to attend got delayed until next week.

"I was going to fly off anyway, but my flight got delayed due to an engine problem. Then the sudden news of you and Minjeong got to me which resulted in me being here."

Jimin clenched onto the bedsheets, "Then what do you mean Minjeong has no idea who we are?" she paused before coming to a conclusion, scoffing. "This isn't a movie, Sicheng. Don't joke with me, I swear-"

"It's a cliche I know." Win laid his back against the wall, leaning his head slightly upwards with a stern smile. "It is what you think it is, Jimin."

With that confirmation, Jimin stood up stumbling and this alerted her brothers. One approached her and tried to block her way with arms wide open.

"You're in the way, Taeyang."

"But he's telling the truth, noona."

The girl solely glared at her brother whilst gripping tightly onto the iv pole, causing him to gulp silently and slowly put down his arms beside his thighs.

The tension was bad. No one wanted to speak until Jimin began to limply walk her way towards the door whilst rolling the iv pole along with every step.

The guys' were just trying their best to protect their sister from the upcoming breakdown, but it looks like that won't be prevented either way as Jimin was determined to see her girlfriend.

"Jiminie, maybe you should just visit her tomorrow-" Another one spoke though was immediately interrupted.

"Let me be!!!"

Jimin wasn't able to suppress herself and roared. Everyone instantly went quiet except Win who only stared at his sister in amusement, soon falling into snickers. The girl noticed this and glared at him for a millisecond before proceeding with her steps.

Win was positioned next to the door and Jimin expected him to block it as well but that wasn't the case. He smiled at his sister warmly and even opened the door for her— the rest of the brothers were against this but the guy insisted and reminded them of their sister's stubborn nature.

Jimin was left speechless as she suddenly remembered the things her brother has done for her, "Sicheng..."

"Sheesh, love does make us all go crazy." Win preserved his smile, "Go get her... noona." he mumbled the last part though was enough for everyone in the room to be heard.

The guy has never used the word in forever and the siblings were all caught off guard. He was usually always alone from the very beginning and never showed affection, the brothers were surprised while Jimin slipped into a wide smile.

And before he could feel the embarrassment, Jimin launched herself into her brother's arms for a tight hug.

Win's breath hitched because of this and stood frozen like stone. Swallowing his spit, he quietly reciprocated the hug reluctantly and patted the latter's back softly.

"Well, this is sudden..." he forced out a chuckle and closed his eyes as if trying to repress something.

"You're the best, really." Jimin buried her face into the taller's chest, "But— are you okay?"

Win took a deep breath, "I don't know what you're talking ab-"

"Sicheng, are you okay?" Jimin repeated the question and that's when she felt something wet drop onto her shoulder.

The arms that Win had wrapped around his sister dropped, "I am... not... okay." his voice sounded so miserable as he lowered his head to lay on the girl's shoulder, crying.

This was the very first time Jimin heard Win cry and she felt her heart sinking. She couldn't do anything but tighten her hug and caress his back thinking he must've been through a lot, and it's a shame that no one else knew about it.

Win has been hiding his pain all of this time, always doing his best without anyone seeing him. Thus, no one really appreciated his efforts. This thought would always cause him to feel pain inside the stomach, though the idea of making his siblings happy would always overthrow that. 

Especially his only sister who did everything so he and his brothers could live a normal life without any expectations.

At this point, the room drowned in Win's sobs and Jimin continued to comfort him by staying in place and caressing his back.

"Kai's already gone and I can't have two more people precious to me disappear... Especially you. I thought you were going to die... I thought...! I..."

He didn't continue and clenched his fists.

"Having feelings for someone just brings sorrow to someone else. Someone always gets sacrificed and suffers. If this is what it means to fall in love, then falling in love is terrible. I'm sorry noona, I really am..."

"You did nothing wrong, Sicheng." Jimin pursed her lips, "To me back then, seeing you so indulged in kendo made me realize a lot of things. It made me want to protect all of you, so all of you guys didn't need to worry."

She eventually pulled away from the embrace and gave the taller a light slap on the cheek before wiping his teary eyes.

"You'll soon find something you can do, something you can set your heart on. Just wait for a while, alright?" she paused before deciding to tease him a little. "And it's fine to be this affectionate, yeah?"

Win turned his head in the opposite direction and stayed silent. Jimin laughed at this as the tension finally became lighter, causing the other brothers present in the room to sigh in relief with one of them cheerfully approaching the two to join in the hug.

"Family hug!!!"

The youngest yelled which made everyone follow and gather around to hug the two, almost crushing them both. Jimin didn't mind this as she held onto her iv pole and laughed along with her brothers except for Win who clearly looked in pain.

"Weird! Weird! This feels weird!"

Disregarding her brother's complaints, Jimin smiled and closed her eyes. "I love you guys."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37K 2.4K 20
Yu Jimin is an actress, but also a spy in disguise for the NIS. As she spying on a suspect for a drug dealing case, she was met by the fact that her...
16.1K 648 14
Karina and Winter have been best friends since first grade. Karina's brain is always on overdrive and Winter's blunt, realistic ass can never keep up...
49.3K 2K 13
Karina is a carefree heir who loves cleaning. While Winter is an annoying CEO with secrets. When Karina decided to work as a cleaner, Winter keeps an...
21.3K 1.1K 8
Karina Yu has mind reading power, but she couldn't find 'the one' whose mind she can read yet. Not until a voice from nowhere took her by surprise, l...