Princeton Short- Story: Never...

By Jazzyismindless

Abused, Young and Homeless. Princeton and "Sun" are forced to grow up on the streets, dealing with danger at... More

Princeton Short- Story: Never Safe
Chapter Two- The Beginning
Chapter Three- Finding a Place To Rest
Chapter Four- Love Of My Life
Chapter Five- Let Me Protect You
Chapter Six- Don't Let Go
Chapter Seven- New Feelings
Chapter Eight- I Feel Like You're Letting Go
Chapter Nine- If It Loves You, It'll Come Back To You
Chapter Ten- Count To Five
Chapter Eleven- She's Working At The Pyramid Tonight
Chapter Twelve: Dancing With The Devil
Chapter Fourteen: Now Or Never
Chapter Fifteen- Give You My All, Before This Whole Thing Falls Apart
Chapter Sixteen- Matter Of Trust
Chapter Seventeen- Waiting For You

Chapter Thirteen: Burning On My Lips

6.8K 133 18
By Jazzyismindless

At Kane’s Mansion (Thursday)

“Shake ya ass, watch yourself! Shake ya ass, show me what you’re working with!”

Echoed through the halls as you folded up your clothes and put them away in your room. The rest of the girls were outside having a pool party with a couple of the guys while you sat inside your room folding up your laundry. You could hear men and women cursing, yelling, and laughing from your upstairs bedroom but you didn’t care, you’d rather be in your room for a thousand years than be downstairs with those people. All the girls lacked class and even when they were supposed to be outside the club, they still acted like they were there, walking around the house half naked, seducing anyone in sight, and being loud…it annoyed you beyond words. And don’t even get you started on the guys!

“Shake that ass for me mami!” you heard Ray shout over the music. You rolled your eyes and finished putting away the last article of clothing before taking a seat on the bed and opening up your current book of interest. Ever since you got off the streets you took to reading and writing, at first it was difficult but before long you were reading at a college level. You remembered one of the girls, Lina, helping you to read when you first came. She was one of the only girls kind to you, a lot of the other girls ignored you or purposely caused problems with you because they thought you were stuck up… you could see where they were coming from. It’s not that you weren’t friendly, you were just afraid of getting hurt, not to mention you hated working at the club…you could never understand why girls would voluntarily work for Kane. Although you had worked for Kane for five years you could only remember seeing him a couple of times, and whenever you were forced to be around him you hated it…he was always pushing people around, trying to get aggressive, or throwing around money. All the guys working for him laughed and cheered him on...but you knew it was because they feared him. There’s a difference between respect and fear.  

The same amount of hate you carried for Kane was almost equal to the amount of hate you felt towards Ray. When Ray first saved you from getting attacked you were thankful and appreciative…but then Ray said you needed to “pay” him back, which meant working as a stripper for Kane. When you first heard about working for Kane you thought it’d before for a few years or so, but you soon found out it would be for much, much longer; you owed them your life. Which meant you could never get married, have kids, get a real house, or work in a professional job…nothing. You’d be “Moon” forever.

Knock, Knock.

You heard the hard slams of someone’s fist against your door and you jumped up a little, cutting your attention from the book. Before you could even call out to see who it was you heard their hands against the door knob, turning it back and forth in frustration.

“Unlock the damn door!” Ray screamed. The tone in his voice concerned you but you still didn’t fear Ray. Although Ray had hit you a few times, he still didn’t scare you; if anything he just annoyed you. You wished that he was different, but even as a child he was selfish and rude…the likelihood of Ray being kind to you was very slim. The only times Ray was nice to you was when he was drunk or when you guys were alone.

You sat in the bed for a second, determining whether or not you wanted to open the door but you knew if you didn’t he would probably break it down. Which meant you would be “grounded” and have your door privileges taken away for a while.

“I said open the goddamn door!” he screamed again, banging his fists into the door once again. Ever since last week you had tried to ignore Ray but it seemed impossible. The fact that Princeton found you gave you mixed emotions and you weren’t even given the chance to sort them out. You sighed loudly and pulled on some sweatpants with your t-shirt and swung the door open.

“What?” you mumbled guarding the space between your room and the door. Ray was looking away for a second but when he heard you speak he turned around and looked at you, his face instantly turning angry.

“Fuck you mean what?” Ray asked pushing past you into your room. Ray was shirtless and only wearing a pair of swimming trunks from outside with his hair unbraided and wild. For any normal girl, they would think Ray was cute…but he turned you off. You could hear Ray sitting down on your bed and you grew further annoyed, considering the fact that he was still soaking wet from the pool.

“Close the door.” Ray demanded as he flipped through the book you were previously reading.

“One minute you want me to open the door, the next minute you want me to close it.” You replied walking over and slamming the door.

 “I said close the shit, not slam it! Damn!” Ray yelled flashing you a dirty look. You glared back at him and walked over to the closet, to lean on it while he laid on your bed.

“Why you so far; come lay next to me.” Ray said not looking up from the book. You folded your arms in annoyance and walked back over to the bed, sitting a few inches away from him on the bed. His chest was till glistening and a few curls were stuck to his body from the water. You stared down at him uncomfortably as he continued to flip through the book, squinting at the words on the pages.

Ray suddenly looked up at you, catching you as you stared at him.

“What?” he asked grinning at you.

“Nothing, you just keep staring at the pages like they’re about to jump up at you or something.” You explained looking away.

Ray’s smile dropped and he pulled himself up, so that he was sitting beside you, the book was still being clutched between his fingers though.

“What’s this say?” Ray asked, pointing to a word on the page.

“Extirpate.” You answered glancing at the confused expression on his face.

“What’s that mean?” he mumbled with a stressed expression.

“It means to rip apart or destroy something. It’s a 10th grade level word.” You replied trying to make things sound as nicely as possible.

Ray looked back at you and managed a weak smile before flipping the book closed and setting it down on the nightstand.

“You never learned how to read?” You whispered looking him up and down gently.

“Not really…” Ray murmured with a shrug.

“I could tech you if you want…” You replied.

Ray turned and looked at you with surprise throughout his face but he nodded his head slowly and spoke,

“Why would you do that?”

You halted for a second, searching for an answer. Ray cursed at you, beat you, yelled at you and kept you away from freedom…but yet you were willing to help him.

“I don’t know.”

Once Ray heard your answer he looked at you, searching your eyes for a reason for your kindness.

“I know what this shit is about, you’re probably hoping that if you help me read than I’ll let you go earlier and allow you to run off with that Princeton nigga!” Ray accused loudly.

“No I was just trying to be nice!” you attempted to explain but Ray quickly cut you off,

“Fuck that! No one does something for nothing!”

You stopped talking and just looked down at the bed, nothing you could say was going to change his mind, and it would just make an even bigger issue. The room grew quiet as you sat with your arms crossed, ignoring Ray’s presence.

You could feel Ray’s eyes upon and soon you could feel Ray scooting over closer to you.

“What you mad at me?” Ray asked leaning in to get your attention. You glared at him from the corner of your eye silently and you suddenly felt Ray grab your chin, turning you to face him,

“Look at me.” He instructed. Your grit your teeth and stared at him as he stared back at you, studying every inch of your face. Without warning you felt Ray’s lips come into contact with yours. Ray’s left hand was still on your chin while his other hand attempted to push you upon the bed. The kiss made your body shutter and your eyes refused to close. You had never had a man on top of you like this aside from when Darrel and Kevin attacked you so instantly freaked out, not to mention you didn’t like Ray like this. You pulled your lips apart for long enough to speak,

“Ray stop.”

But Ray ignored you and dove back into kissing you, causing your heart to start pounding and your palms to start sweating.

“Ray please stop.” You whispered through a kiss. Ray ran his hand through your hair gently as he continued to kiss you, disregarding you once again.

“Stop!” You screamed throwing Ray off of you with all the strength you could manage. You covered your mouth and stared at Ray uncomfortably as Ray climbed off the bed, staring back at you.

“I wasn’t going to hurt you…” Ray whispered glaring at floor.

“I-I know I just… It didn’t feel right.” You explained as tears began to well up in your eyes.

“Sorry I’m not Princeton.” Ray muttered walking out the door, slamming it behind him.

You stared at the door, waiting for something else to happen…hoping for something to happen, but nothing did. The music outside continued, the laughing outside continued, and the tears from your eyes continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 578 32
389K 9.4K 33
FIRST BOOK IN THE FAR AWAY TRILOGY Lea has been living on her own. Begging for lose change all because of her mom's death. She couldn't live with her...
47.4K 814 14
This is a BOYxBOY Mindless Behavior story, read if you like! :)
11.6K 140 26
Y/N has been lied, cheated, and hurt by Princeton ever since the end of college. But she finally gets the guts to leave with her 5 year old daughter...