the spider whisperer

By CHA0TIC_BEAN

"Need a cat? I can bark!" A story in which not everything can remain a secret forever. "Wrong animal, but yo... More

Intro
Prologue
Groceries [chapter 1]
Partners [chapter 2]
Parker [chapter 3]
Liar [chapter 4]
Tease [chapter 5]
Ruler [chapter 6]
Flirting [chapter 7]
Shower [chapter 8]
Fire Alarm [chapter 9]
Aidan [chapter 11]
Legal Guardian [chapter 12]
Lettuce Celebrate [chapter 13]
Frenemies [chapter 14]
Web Shooters [chapter 15]
Hug [chapter 16]
Mission Failed Successfully [chapter 17]
People [chapter 18]
Injured Again [chapter 19]
Popular [chapter 20]
Mommy [chapter 21]
Anger [chapter 22]
Loyalties [chapter 23]
Mall [chapter 24]
Love Life [chapter 25]
Curfew [chapter 26]
So Mad [chapter 27]
Yelling [chapter 28]
Envy [chapter 29]
Eavesdroppers [chapter 30]
She'll Realize [chapter 31]
Web Fluid [chapter 32]
Office Chairs [chapter 33]
Yes [chapter 34]
Two Sided [chapter 35]
Cat and Mouse [chapter 36]
Silence [chapter 37]
Peter Tingle [chapter 38]
Flash [chapter 39]
He Knows [chapter 40]
Girlfriend [chapter 41]
Simpleton [chapter 42]
Story [chapter 43]
Epilogue

Injury [chapter 10]

2K 115 9
By CHA0TIC_BEAN

"Fucking damn it!" Peter cursed as he stumbled over his feet and into an alleyway that shadowed him from the view of the crooks he had been facing.

It had started off as a fight between just two low life's who'd tried to steal from a woman, but now there were almost ten of them. With each guy he took down, two more seemed to appear. It was like he was being watched. And, truth be told, Peter wouldn't be all too surprised if that were the truth. That seemed like the only plausible answer to the situation he was currently in.

He limped his way over to the nearest fire escape ladder. One hand shakily grasped at one of the steps while the other held in the blood that was trying to flow out of his stomach. Believe it or not, Peter Parker had been stabbed for the first time ever.

Injuries were common in his line of unpaid work. But never were they ever that harsh. He would get a little bruise here and there; maybe a scar or two. That came with the exception of when he fought the lizard. He'd gotten banged up pretty bad in that battle. This was the first time he'd ever been wounded so badly when fighting a group of simpletons. And man, did it hurt like a bitch.

Peter let out small groans and grunts as he climbed the ladder. He stayed as quiet as he could. It wasn't exactly ideal to have the crooks knowing where he was when, in that very moment, he was trying so hard to run away from them.

Now you may be wondering: why didn't Peter just web his way out of there? Well that, my friends, is because he was far too injured to try and swing up to a roof from the ground. That alone would probably cause ounces of blood to spill out all over the place. So instead, he chose to go to a higher ground and then proceed to the only place he knew to go.

When Peter had swung his leg up onto the first fire escape, he let out a sigh of relief. The young hero was quick to pull the rest of his body up; even though it was screaming at him to take a break. Yeah, even a mutated being like Spider-man had limits. Who would've thought?

Peter stood up and angled his arm that wasn't covering his wound upwards. A web shot out to the very top of a nearby building, and then Peter jumped off and swung his way up. It hurt all over. He managed to make it to the roof without making a sound though.

From there, he gave the villains, who were searching around like idiots for him, one last glance. His eyes narrowed when a shiny pin caught his attention. 'KP' was displayed in a silver color. Peter might've been a little dense at times, but no so dense as to not connect the dots. Those brown irises of his darted around to the other bad guys as well. All of them had on identical pins.

"I'm in so much trouble," Peter whispered to himself.

His breaths picked up in heaviness. Shaking his head, a few more curses escaped from his lips before he turned and headed straight for a certain apartment building.

Peter fell with a loud thump onto the fire escape outside of the girl's window. He was expecting that alone to bring her attention there, but it didn't. This was New York after all. For what she cared, someone could've been egging the building again. Her landowners would just clean it up later.

The hero gave it a few seconds before he knocked on the window. His fist were loud and quick when they beat against the piece of glass. That was sure to get her attention. And it did.

She looked up from the book she was reading with furrowed brows. Her eyes immediately darted to the window— the source of the sound. Peter could see her mouth moving and her brows furrowed as she closed her book and jumped down from her bed; she was more than likely muttering scoldings.

The girl walked over to her window, unlocking it with quick hands and sliding it open. She gave Peter an annoyed look, hints of concern dancing around in his eyes. Her mouth opened and closed a few times as she searched for something rude to say to him.

"Hey, Sunshine," Peter grinned with the normal charm to his voice.

He'd managed to erase any sort of sign of pain from his features. He kept her eyes off his wound with flirty comments and what not. He'd made up his mind that he'd check to make sure she was alive and well before he'd stalk his way back to his own home and patch himself up. Spider-man wasn't going to risk having her in danger by neglecting to check up on her. Especially not when he knew some people were after him.

She had a direct correlation to him. She was someone he cared for so, very much. More than his own life. If those people were smart enough, they could crack into his life outside of Spider-man and realize his relation to her. Who knows, they might even use that as a weak point. Take her hostage or maybe even kill her.

Peter pulled off his mask and gave her a toothy grin, "How is a pretty lady, such as yourself, doing on this fine evening?"

"What do you want, Parker?" her face was as flat as her voice. She wasn't buying for one second that he swung by her house for no reason during his patrol. Not when her home was so far out of the way from the extremely dangerous areas he usually kept after.

Peter never came over to her apartments unless he absolutely needed something he couldn't just ask for over the phone or wait until the next day. And even then, that only happened once when his uncle had died and he yearned for some sort of comfort. I guess now is another time he needed that comfort so desperately.

Peter pouted, brows lightly furrowing at the accusation implying he only came around when he needed her. "Well, jeez. A 'hello, peter' would've sufficed, y'know?"

"You might just be the most annoying person in this whole damn world."

The young hero opened his mouth to counter with a flirty comment. However, instead of a retort tumbling out, a cough erupted, and with it, blood. The surprise registered on both of their faces at the exact same time. Peter for not being able to mask his pain long enough for her to shut the the window. And y/n for not noticing something he was injured sooner.

"You're injured," she stated the obvious. Her brows furrowed as her eyes trailed from his shoulder, down to his arm, and even further down to his hand. His hand was covering some sort of wound, keeping in some of the blood. But not enough that it'd go unnoticed.

Peter scoffed, wiping the blood from his face in a sloppy manner with the back of his hand. There was an undoubtable pain that flashed in his eyes, but his tone tired to say otherwise, "No I'm not."

Her face fell flat at his obvious lie, "You literally just coughed up blood."

"I'm fine!" Peter pleaded. His breath was just a bit more rugged than usual, and the look in his eye was more wild as well. She might not have been as observant as Peter was, or have special abilities on her side that allowed her to hear and see and feel everything more, but she wasn't dense like him. She could easily tell he was not 'fine'. Peter still tried to continue with the lie though, "That was just a one-time thing..."

He'd opened his mouth to try and say more, but it was as if the universe was against him. More blood started to spurt out of his mouth. Once again, he wiped it away like it was nothing and tried to pretend like everything was okay. But it wasn't, and it was so painfully obvious that in wasn't... no pun intended.

"Get inside," she rolled her eyes while she grabbed the arm that wasn't attached to the hand holding his injury.

Peter stumbled into her room with some protest. Spider-man had to be quick to grab his mask before she was able to completely shut him inside her home. He blindly fell as he heard her shut the window he came through. She was quick to lock it and then move over to Peter. Her hand placed gently on his back, and she helped him up.

From there, she led him to the door of her room where they then halted due to Peter hesitating about something. He bunched up his mask in his hand with lines of worry on his forehead.

"What the hell is wrong with you now?" she groaned in annoyance at his sudden cautiousness. "Did you come her for my help or not?"

"Well, I kinda did, but not really." Peter started to try and explain. "I just— Its just—" he took a moment to pause and actually think of the words he wanted to use. Then he'd gotten it, and he never sounded so firm, "Your brother."

It was a question with actually needing to technically ask the question. And she had an answer to it almost instantly, "He's out." She'd almost sounded proud with the next thing she got the chance to add, "With friends."

Peter hummed, nodding at the information he received. Without the possibility of her brother seeing who he actually was, Peter opened the door for them. He led them through the small apartment despite not knowing his way around. But it wasn't very hard to figure out where he was going; there wasn't really enough space to get lost.

Y/n took control back and forced Peter onto the couch in the living room... which was really the only couch they had. She disappeared down the hall for a quick second. There was the small sound of her rummaging through cabinets heard before she came back with a first aid kit. She had made fun of Cairo several times for buying it a while back. But now, with Peter sitting in their living room with blood spewing out of him, she was rather grateful for his fretting.

The girl did some basic stitches, sowing his skin up with a practiced ease. She'd had the misfortune of having to stitch up Cairo's clothes several times. Luckily for her, medical stitches seems to be just similar enough to clothing stitches that it was doable for her.

"You should really be more careful," her face had concentration written all over it. Even so, she couldn't help but let a small part wander off to the land of scolding. "You'd could've gotten killed. May would be sad if you die. How did you even get this anyways?"

"Miscalculated one of their moves," Peter feigned casualness with a shrug. He ended up grunting.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance, "Stay still for five damn minutes, will you, Parker?" Then she continued on with stitching him up as well as her reprimanding. "Can you stop getting all banged up? I don't want to have to keep wasting my medical stuff on you... Or my time for that matter."

"I mean, technically you didn't have to help me," Peter started but stopped when he took in her mean glare. He squeezed his eyes shut in pain when he felt her press even more pressure onto his wound just for the fun of it. "Alright, alright! Sorry."

She continued on, bashing him over anything and everything. And when she ran out of things, she'd move on to a new topic that didn't even have to do with his hero work. But even so, Peter couldn't help the small smile that tugged at the corners of his lips. She sure had a weird way of showing she cared for him. That's exactly why Peter liked her.

"And—" she cut herself off when she saw Peter glance at her lips before quickly looking away from her with flushed cheeks. He knew he'd been caught as soon as she stopped rambling, "Did you just look at my lips?"

"...No," his voice went higher by about forty-eight octaves.

"You just looked at my lips," her voice was laced with some disbelief.

"No I didn't!" Peter sat up better on the couch. His suit shifted in his lap at his movement. You didn't really think his suit was kept on fully, did you? She'd taken off the top half so she could have access to his stomach. And, much to her surprise, Peter actually had a pretty fit body. Nothing at all like what she thought he'd have from his acting in gym.

"What do you want to do?" her brows furrowed and her mouth scrunched up when the thought came to her mind. She could practically feel the throw up in her mouth, "Kiss me!?"

"Well, I mean," Peter made a small hand gesture, "since you're offering—"

"Get out of my apartment."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242 19 35
Adult life is not what Copycat expected, especially when you're a stand-alone Avenger, and a certain spiderling refuses to get out of her head. Care...
3.6K 212 4
No greater desire exists than a wounded person's need for another wound. cover inspo: @bayports ( miguel o'hara x fem!oc ) © ADONYSIAC ─── 2024
84.8K 1.5K 19
Just some one-shots about your innocent cinnamon roll Peter Parker... REQUESTS ARE CLOSED!! THIS BOOK IS NOW FINISHED!! ALL ONESHOTS ARE MY OWN I DO...
1.7K 22 7
I don't own the rights to anything Marvel related, all rights belong to Marvel and Stan Lee (R.I.P.). I only own the OC. Mike was an average guy who...