A Mob Boss's Honour

By royal888

This is the story of many mob families. It is set in the 1950s. There are many families involved in the crim... More

Author's Note
Family Tree
1. Family Life
2. The Party
3. Social Time
4. Date Night
5. Challenge
6. True Danger
7. Outrage
8. Changes
9. School
10. Understanding
11. Encounter
12. Allies
13. Surprises
14. School & Home Life
15. Literature
16. Phoenix
17. Relationship Drama
18. Sounds & Cars
19. Lost Love
21. Girl Talk
22. Rose's Secrets
23. Affairs
24. Bianchi Mansion
25. Vigilante
26. Young Minds
27. Teenage Plans
28. Sports Time
29. Responsibility
30. Being Closer
31. More Time Together
32. Business Calls
33. Honesty
34. Talking at the Diner
35. A Mansion in Boston
36. An Eventful Evening
37. Connections
38. Ladies' Choices
39. Collaborations
40. Hidden Feelings
41. Spaces Apart
42. Family Ties
43. Friendships
44. Reliance
45. Shocking Turn
46. Sword
47. New Days
48. Choices
49. Closer Than Brothers
50. Leaders
51. Portrait
52. Mercenary
53. Waiting
54. Star Crossed
55. Night Time Talk
56. Waves of Change
57. Dawn of New Dangers
58. Control
59. A Feud
60. Persistence
61. Fighters
62. Love is Forever

20. The New Joiners

566 49 58
By royal888

It was after school and Dina O'Brien was sitting next to Sorcha McNab as they were gossiping about their first day at the new school in their girls home room. They were both fifteen. A year younger than their brothers Dean and Sean.

Sean walked inside the home room and the room went silent. Girls cleared his way and tried not to make eye contact with him. Sean walked straight to Sorcha and Dina. He said "Sorcha. Let's go. We need to go home now."

Dina said "Does she have to come so soon? We want to stay and hang out."

Sorcha said "Yeah. I want to stay. Can't you ride with Dean and I ride with Dina today."

Sean said "No. That is not an option."

Their rides home depended on what the boys chose to do. The boys could choose to ride with their sisters for the day or go home in one car. Even though they lived far apart in different territories it did not matter. This gave them freedom to stay after school as long as they wanted and leave together or if one wanted to leave early and one wanted to leave late they just coddle catch rides with their sisters separately.

Dina said "Sean. Just go hang out with Dean."

Sean said "No. Dean has gone to play darts. He wanted to be alone this afternoon. I wanted to play billiard with him and hang out. Now, I have no reason to stay so will go home."

Sorcha asked "Why?"

Sean said "Do not question me."

Sorcha said "Can't you go hang out with Ciara?"

Sean said "She has gone home now. I am just coming from the car park. She got in her ride and I watched it drove off. I came here to pick you up to leave."

Sorcha took a note. If she wanted to stay longer at school she had to ask for Ciara's help."

Dina said "What if I convince Dean to stay and play billiard with you? Would you hang out with Dean now?"

Sean had enough arguments from these girls. He sighed "Go on then. You have five minutes. Go to the boys only lounge that has darts as an activity option in it. If you are not back in five minutes I am gone with Sorcha. Your time starts now."

Dina said "Ok." She stood up and walked quickly to the boys only lounge with darts in it. It wasn't hard to find. There were school maps everywhere on the walls. He entered the lounge and saw Dean silently looking out the window all alone. He was the only one in the lounge.

Dina said "Dean?"

Dean turned around "Dina... What are you doing here?"

Dina said "I came to find you. Can you hang out with Sean this afternoon. He wants to take Sorcha home now because hanging out with you is not an option. So he has no reason to stay longer."

Dean's mind still was with what Christian had told him. There was a high chance that Rose was alive and safe. That had made him much more content. Of course he was worried about whether Luigi was going to help him or not in finding news of her. But he was more hopeful now that Rose was happy and healthy if the Alessandrinis were protecting her. Hope had made his heart be at more ease. But suspense and excitement of possibilities locating her snd  even meeting her one day in future was making him thoughtful and on edge and filled with anticipation. He shrugged  "I guess I can stay." He was in no hurry to go home that day. It was easier to clear his head in school after so much information coming his way that he was trying to get his head around.

His sister said "Thank you...Hurry. Sean gave me 5 minutes."

Dean followed Dina and arrived at the home room. There he was Sean talking to Sorcha.

Sean said "20 seconds left. Go grab your coat now."

Sorcha said "What is the rush? There is time left..."

Sean said "You should not complain. You are lucky I am in a good mood today because of Ciara otherwise I would not have even given Dina count down to go and find Dean. I would have just left and you would have followed.

Dina approached them with Dean following behind. Dina smiled and said  "Dean said yes."

Sean turned to Sorcha "Meet me in the car park exactly in one hour. Do not keep me waiting."

Sean then walked away and Sorcha made a face imitating him as he was walking away making Dina laugh.

Dina said to Dean "I will be in the car park around that time too Dean."

Sean  nodded to Dean as he walked to him. He bumped his shoulder into Dean's and said "Come now. We have so much to discuss." He then walked past him. Dean didn't say anything and turned around and followed Sean.

Sean and Dean were pretty close. They talked about business a lot and sometimes about their personal lives. Dean wished he could tell Sean about Rose. But he couldn't. Christian's advice to not tell a soul about what he had heard was totally rational. Dean was going to take what had heard about Rose to his grave if he had to. There was no way he would have endangered her, He would have liked to think that Sean would have been happy for him if he knew. But he could not be sure if he would have been sympathetic.

Sorcha bit her lip "I did not think you could convince your brother to stay."

Dina said "Me neither. I am not normally this lucky. Do you want to go somewhere?"

Sorcha said "Let's go to the cafeteria. Let's go find some boys to hunt down."

Dina laughed "You feel hungry. Do you?."

Sorcha said "Oh yes. Very hungry. Hello new school. There are new guys to hunt and roast." She winked.

Dina said "Let's go.

Dina and Sorcha made their way to the cafeteria. Everyone knew who they were. This was an Irish school. They knew who their brothers were. But their reputation alone was enough to deter boys from glancing their way or get in their way.

Sorcha picked her target and said "Here is my prey. Go find your own."

Dina said "With pleasure. But first I want to go to the ladies room to put on some make up. I like freshening up before I go hunting." She then walked away.

Sorcha smiled as she approached a boy who was sitting down alone and reading a book. She sat down on the table and put her feet on the chair in front of her.

The boy looked up and his eyes widened as he saw who was sitting in such close proximity. He leaned back in his chair and swallowed hard.

Sorcha said "It's rude not to say hello you know."

He said quickly "Hello... I am sorry."

Sorcha said "Apologies don't fix mistakes. You need to atone for your mistake.

He was terrified. He looked at Sorcha in horror waiting to see what she was going to do to him.

Sorcha leaned close and grabbed the collar of his shirt terrorising him. She said "Do you have a name?"

The boy nodded quickly "B..B... B."

Sorcha said "Okay B... here is how it works. I am going to ask you some questions. If you answer correctly, I let you go. If you don't. I will make you my pray for today. You ready?"

The boy nodded "Y ... Yes."

****

Dina came across a boy on the way to the bathroom who was making out with a girl. She walked to them and said "Boo..."

The boy and girl separated. They looked at her. Then quickly recognition made them freeze. One of the alpha females was there.

Sorcha and Dina were known as the alpha females of the Irish American crime families. They were both pretty tall and athletic as girls. They could make the toughest boys cry with little effort. They had been raised to cause pain. They only obeyed the males who outranked them in crime families of the Irish American allies. No other male was off limits to their hostility. From a very young age their parents had decided to prepare their girls for the worst and taught them self defence. They did not think they enjoyed it too much. The girls became obsessed and did every training their brothers did too but of course with less degree of difficulty. No one messed with them unless they were willing to accept the consequences.

The boy and girl knew better than to speak and waited for her to announce what she wanted. Dina pointed to the girl "You. Leave." Then pointed to the boy "You. Stay."

The girl quickly ran away. The boy took a step back and stood almost shaking from fear now. What was his sin and what did Dina want with him.

Dina smiled and took a step towards him. He took a step back and hit the wall.

Dina grabbed his arms and pinned them to the wall. He closed his eyes. He knew even if he had strength to over power her she had skill to make cry and bring him to his knees. Dina and Sorcha knew where to hit. They also carried certain small weapons and equipment of torture in their pockets and bags ready to cause pain to those who resisted or looked at them funny or they just didn't like or for no reason at all.

Dina leaned close and whispered "Open your eyes."

He opened his eyes and said "Please. Don't hurt me."

Dina said "You are so rude making out with your girl right next to the girl's rest room. Very rude. What should happen to rude boys?"

The boy closed his eyes again "I beg you... Spare me."

Dina said "Beg. I might go back to the cafeteria and hunt another prey if you beg long and hard."

The boy begged and begged and begged.

***

Sorcha said "You answered all your questions wrong. You are my prey. You have ten strikes."

The boy wanted to weep. He was scared.

Sorcha leaned close to his ear and said "You are going to scream so loud when I finish with you. Very loud. Maybe I should tape your mouth shut."

Just then a voice interrupted them "Sorcha. Leave the boy alone."

Sorcha knew that voice very well. She let go of the boy's shirt collar, leaned back. She turned around "Connor."

Connor McKenna was standing not far staring at Sorcha. He shook his head "Stop picking on boys who have not wronged you. Save your strength to teach lessons to boys who do wrong you..."

Sorcha chuckled and got off the table and turned to Connor. She shook her head slowly and walked towards Connor.

The boy looked so relived and grateful. He slowly and carefully slipped away and ran for his life.

Sorcha stood in front of Connor and looked into his eyes. Sorcha said "Connor. Sean told me your sister went home and he watched her leave. Why didn't you leave with her?"

Connor said "We leave separately most days. Today I stayed for the debate club. I came out to get a drink and then go back. I bumped into you. Looks like you are doing your male hunting again. Give it those who wrong you."

Sorcha said "There is one problem with your advice."

Connor asked "What is that?"

Sorcha said "No guy ever wrongs me."

Connor said "Then you have no reason to hurt them now. Do you?"

Sorcha said "Go get your drink and go back to your debate club or join me and Dina and hang out with us..."

Connor asked "Dina is here?"

Just then Dina's voice came "Connor."

Conor turned around and saw Dina.

Dina approached him and said "Connor it's good to see you. We are new here. Can you show us some fun stuff to do here?"

Sorcha stood next to Dina and looked at Connor "That's a great idea. Connor what do you say?"

Connor said "Ladies. I have to go back to the debate club." He was not in the mood.

Dina said "I insist."

Sorcha said "So do I?"

Connor said "Ladies. I have to go."

Dina said "Connor."

Sorcha said "Maybe we can come to the debate club with you."

Dina turned to Sorcha "Great idea."

Connor could not let them crash the debate club. "Actually. I might get a drink and then go outside and sit. See you later ladies." He walked past them. These two girls were just too wild. Ciara had the same training and build but she did not terrorise guys. Connor was used to these girls and how they acted. That was how their parents expected them to act so they were just being like how their parents had raised them to be. This was how their world was.

He turned around and noticed that the two girls were now following him. He was raised to be a gentleman and be honourable. He was going to be polite no matter what. Especially to these daughters of the families of two of his family's closest allies.

Connor went to order a drink and looked at the two girls. "Do you ladies want a drink?"

They nodded enthusiastically.

Connor got them their drinks. The girls grabbed the drinks and followed Connor to go to sit outside after he picked up his drink too.

They sat down opposite Connor and asked him questions about the fun stuff the school offered.

*****

Sean walked to the Car Park and saw his sister was sitting in their family car that was there to pick them up. She was 5 minutes early. Good choice on her part. Sean was on his way to the car when he spotted Connor entering the school car park too. He was going towards his ride.

Sean decided to go talk to him. He changed his route and walked towards Connor.

Connor spotted Sean and sighed. The guy had to appear in front of him everywhere.

Sean walked to Connor and said "Hello again Connor."

Connor said "Goodbye Sean." He then tried to side step Sean but he blocked his path.

Sean said "We need to talk."

Connor sighed "About what?"

Sean said "We both know about what. About how you confronted me about dating Ciara. I want to know if you are going to keep it up tomorrow too? I may lose my temper with you Connor. You may not like that if I do..."

Connor said "Look. I do not like you. I have no problem with you losing your temper. Try me Sean. See if I care. Telling me you will lose your temper if I do not do as you ask is not really a good motivation for me to stop... Maybe try another motivational tool like let me think... How about giving my sister some space to breathe?"

Sean said "All I did was talk to her today. I did nothing wrong. You need to stop getting on my nerves with your confrontations or I will get angry..."

Connor said "Again, you are using the wrong motivational reasoning. Warning me to stop or you will get angry is not a good motivation for me to stop. Try another motivational reasoning ... Or are you done for the day? Yes? No? Goodbye..." He then tried to walked past him but Sean blocked his path again.

Connor said "What now? For god's sake..." He put his hands on his hips and shook his head "Ok. So here is the deal.... Christian talked to me about today. He asked me to back off. He told me I should leave my differences aside with you and not get angry. He said my sister is able to handle the relationship and is vocal enough to tell me or him if anything is wrong and you over step the mark in anyway. Christian said I should back off because my sister has not complained about you and you have not broken any rules with her yet.So no. I have no plans to confront you tomorrow like how I did today. So you can be assured. I will try to put up with you interacting with my sister in a more civil manner compared to today. But if you make her unhappy...."

Sean said "I will not make her unhappy. I just want to talk to her Connor. What is wrong with talking?"

Connor said "Sean. I have not got time to argue with you and do not want to. I gave my word to Christian to try to handle the situation differently with you. He made me promise. So no. I am not going to confront you like how I did today."

That convinced Sean. If Christian made him promise, Connor was not going to break the promise. He did not want to clash with Connor. He was Ciara's brother. He did not want to make Ciara sad if he could help it by clashing with her brother. Her feelings were very important to him.

****

Dean was sitting in the car with Dina and was looking outside the window on their ride home from school. Dina said "Dean."

Dean turned around facing his sister and said "Yes Dina..."

Dina said "Can you take me somewhere tonight after dinner?"

Dean asked "Where?"

Dina said "The McNab mansion."

Dean said "No Dina."

Dina said "Why not?"

Dean said "You just saw Sorcha today for so many hours. Why do you want to see her again?"

Dina said "We want to try some of her dresses on for the homecoming. She had ordered so many and she is my size. I thought we hang out a bit..."

Dean said "Just ask mom and dad after dinner if you can go alone..."

Dina said "They will not say yes to me."

Dean said "Why not?"

Dina said "Because mother has guests tonight. Its an all ladies party in one of our living rooms. I am supposed to stay and keep their daughters company. But if you say you want me to come with you, I can then go to the McNab mansion."

Dean said "I am having an early night tonight Dina. I will take you another day."

Dina said "I want to go tonight."

Dean sighed "Dina. You can try dresses on another night. Why is it so urgent? You do not even know who you are taking to the homecoming dance and you want to sort out your dress?"

Dina said "Aren't you excited for the homecoming dance?"

Dean said "Not really."

Dina was surprised "Really?" Her brother loved parties and hanging out with his girlfriends. Why was he not keen.

Dean did not want to attend the homecoming dance unless his partner was going to be Rose. The attendance was compulsory though and he had to have a partner. So he did not know how he was going to handle taking a girl who was not Rose.

Dean got an idea. Siblings were allowed to go together. This was a fun event. There was fun activities to do, nice food, music, dance and even some film screening. He turned to Dina "Can I go with you to the homecoming dance?"

Dina said "Ha. No offence but you can't dance... I will pass."

Dean said "I will take you to the McNab mansion tonight..."

Dina said "Then I do not care that you can't dance... I am going with you..."

Dean smiled and sighed in relief.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 15.2K 23
▪︎It doesn't matter if we fight or not, you are still my wife, and I will never let you go▪︎ The thing about Mafia is that no one is safe, and nothin...
130K 2.5K 62
𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢�...
189K 4.9K 33
{COMPLETED in MAFIA SERIES} Love was dangerous especially for people who were dangerous themselves. Sometimes it wasn't fair whom you had to fall for...
697K 16.7K 63
(MATURE CONTENT/MAFIA ROMANCE) #Series2 Previously known as Playful sins This is a second book to a three part series, you do not have to read the f...