Drarry Drabbles

By SettleDown1D

Various Drarry one shots I come up with that don't fit in with the storylines of my full length Drarry books... More

Welcome!
Requests
Detention
Pale Present
Headstrong
Freezing Friends
Hell Yes
Sleepy Cuddles
Oblivious
Youth
Demanding Diva
Graduation
Pretty
Halloween
One Date
Lonely With Me
Written All Over Your Face
Enchanted (Drarry's Version)
Invisible String
Harry's Birthday Wish
Quidditch Qualms
Quidditch Qualms 2
Halloween Horror Nights
Flowers on the Grave
Guarding Your Heart
Make the Friendship Bracelets
Social Casualty
Social Casualty Part 2

Valentine's Day

4.1K 183 61
By SettleDown1D

Valentine's Day was the one holiday that Harry Potter truly despised, and not because his eye color was equated to pickled toads. No, it was because everyone who proclaimed to love him did so in such outrageous fashions that he was terrified of the holiday's repercussions.

"Come on mate, you need to get up!"

"Oh you just want all of my chocolates!," Harry snapped, pulling the blanket back over his head.

Ron pulled the blanket again, more softly this time.

"Gifts are getting delivered to the dorms this year! McGonagall is screening yours by the way, after past incidents. Come on."

Begrudgingly, Harry began to get ready, muttering to himself.

"Why can't we outlaw this ridiculous holiday?!," he asked, slamming his dorm room door shut.

"You better watch your back Harry. Cupid just might shoot you with an arrow this year."

"I'll take an arrow up the arse any day when people are trying to drug me with amortentia."

Draco snickered at Harry's comment, and looked away when their eyes met.

"I'm glad someone finds joy in my misery," Harry lamented, but the corners of his mouth were upturned.

Harry could always count on Draco to bring some sort of normalcy into his life, and he truly appreciated it. Their banter, that was more witty than harsh now, was oftentimes what kept Harry going each day.

"Something has to stay the same doesn't it Potter?"

"I don't know what I'd do without you Malfoy."

"Be terribly miserable obviously. I'm a delight," Draco drawled.

"If you two are done flirting, I'm ready for breakfast."

Harry's mood immediately soured, and he glared at Ron.

"You have no right to complain when you dragged me out of bed."

"Don't worry Potter, I'll protect you," Draco teased.

"My hero."

"Disgusting," Ron remarked.

"Don't you have a girlfriend to spend time with Weasley?"

Ron opened his mouth and immediately closed it.

"I should go get her from the library! Sorry mate gotta go."

Harry turned around to go back upstairs, when a hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"You need to eat. Come on."

"Malfoy-"

"No," Draco replied simply, nudging Harry out of the common room.

Huffing, they spent the whole walk bumping shoulders. As soon as Harry opened the door to the Great Hall, he was surrounded by giggling.

"I'm not coming to lunch, I refuse."

"You're such a drama queen."

"Takes one to know one."

"Just eat so you can leave."

When Harry finally made his way to the table, he was surprised to see a note on his plate. Feeling wary, he prodded it with his wand and casted every detection and safety spell he could think of.

Deeming it safe, he picked up the note that read, "A breakfast divine, for the one I want to call mine." As soon as he read the note, all of his favorite breakfast foods appeared on his plate. Harry jumped in surprise and stared at his plate in bewilderment, completely missing the hidden smile of his admirer.

The soft smile remained on Harry's face throughout breakfast, and his protection charms kept everyone at bay. He was oblivious to the spells bouncing off, only focused on who could have done such a kind thing for him.

When going back to his room after breakfast, he was surprised to find the softest blanket he had ever seen in his life on his bed.

"For the comfort, warmth, and security you bring me."

Now, Harry was pacing the common room feeling extremely conflicted. Normally, he didn't like to keep any of the gifts people had gotten him. They weren't personal, could possibly cause him pain, and it just didn't feel right. This was the second gift today that didn't seem to be a random choice. No, it felt planned.

"You're going to wear down the carpet," Draco teased, arriving back from breakfast.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, probably," Harry replied, dropping down onto the couch.

"Galleon for your thoughts?"

"I just got some interesting gifts today and I don't know how to feel about it. This person clearly went out of their way to do something different, and it shows. I don't like keeping things like that because I don't deserve them, but Merlin that is the softest blanket in the whole world!"

"Have you gotten the rest of your gifts yet?"

"No, I'm praying people forgot about me."

"Well, my guess is if the gifts mean that much to you it has to be someone close to you doesn't it? So then wouldn't it be okay keeping them?"

"I mean I suppose so. I just wish I knew who it was...," Harry trailed off, deep in thought.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out. If you'll excuse me."

"Yeah, thanks Malfoy," Harry said absentmindedly.

True to his word, Harry skipped lunch. His gifts had taken over half of his room, and he needed time to sort through everything. He felt bad throwing things into the bin, so after making sure everything was safe, he placed it into various piles to be distributed.

He had made decent progress when there was a light knock at his door. Waving his hand he opened it, and was met with the sight of Draco half bent down with a plate of food.

"Salazar it's like a bomb went off in here."

"You can come in if you can find a place to stand."

"Do you actually read all of this stuff?"

"I feel guilty if I don't," Harry replied with a sigh. "I think most of them mean well, but I wish they put this effort towards things that actually mattered."

"Are you saying you don't?"

"No. Not to them at least. Look at how they're addressed. 'To my Saviour.' 'The Boy Who Lived.' 'The Chosen One.' There's so many puns formatted around them it's ridiculous! It's like a catch 22.

So many people love and adore Harry Potter, but no one cares about plain old Harry. Well, maybe one person does," Harry corrected, pulling the blanket tightly around his shoulders.

"Multiple people care Potter," Draco replied, handing Harry a plate of food.

"Thank you for bringing me lunch. You didn't have to."

"Someone has to make sure you don't starve. Will you be at dinner then, or do you require more delivery?"

"Careful Malfoy, I might start to think you missed me."

"You're tolerable at best," he deadpanned.

Laughing, Harry tossed a chocolate frog at him.

"I'm keeping this," Draco warned.

"That was the point. I have a pile for you over here."

"Careful Potter, I might start to think you like me."

"Can't have that can we?"

"Maybe we can," Draco replied with a shrug, making his way out of the door.  

It was just before dinner was set to begin when Harry told Draco he wouldn't be showing up for the meal. He told Draco he had "business" to take care of, so naturally Draco followed him around the castle grounds. It was for Harry's own protection of course. If he wasn't given food, Harry wouldn't eat.

They had just reached the quidditch pitch when Harry abruptly stopped.

"I thought you were better that that?", Harry teased. "You've lost your touch."

"Yes, well I don't normally go off stalking people. That was more of your thing."

"Why did you follow me?"

"To make sure you weren't up to no good."

"I'm always up to no good. I solemnly swear it."

Draco followed Harry down a hill and underneath a tree. With a quietly whispered "Lumos", the tree lit up.

"Am I crashing your Valentine's Day date?"

"No actually, you're right on time. Come and join me."

"Excuse me?"

Harry held out a small floral bouquet to Draco, who accepted with slightly shaking hands.

"Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
You like me
And I like you too.

I'm yours."

"I don't..."

"I love the blanket a lot you know. You're more than welcome to accompany me any time that I use it."

"How did you know?"

"The comments you were making. Plus, when I really thought about it, I remembered to check your handwriting, and it was a match."

"How very Slytherin of you."

"Are you going to accept then?"

"Of course I accept Harry! Don't be daft."

Laughing, Harry tugged Draco down next to him, and they shared a wonderful meal.

If every Valentine's Day ended up with Harry snogging Draco, how bad of a holiday could it really be?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.2K 1.7K 54
β˜† first story in the sequel β˜† βœ°β˜½β™‘π‘βœ―β˜Ό "We need a name for this," I said. He asked, "Enemies to lovers?" I chuckled. "We aren't lovers, Malfoy." "How...
1.1M 45.5K 74
A postwar fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, and no one understands him the way Draco Malfoy does. One apologetic letter written by Draco will ch...
17K 945 12
"Things haven't been quite the same There's a haze on the horizon, babe It's only been a couple of days and I miss you" Potionsmaster Draco Malfoy sw...
98.4K 5.8K 16
After quitting the Auror department at the ripe old age of twenty two, Harry Potter finds a nice, uneventful job in an apothecary. At least, it's une...