๐’๐„๐‚๐”๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐˜ - DIN DJARIN

By dindjarindiaries

โ๐ˆ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ.โž An ex-princess forced to hide and fight for her l... More

SEASON ONE
Chapter 1: The Mandalorian
Chapter 2: The Princess
Chapter 3: The Hunter
Chapter 4: The Soldier
Chapter 5: The Village
Chapter 6: Confliction
Chapter 7: The Attack
Chapter 8: The Ruin
Chapter 9: The Recovery
Chapter 10: The Hunt
Chapter 11: The Rookie
Chapter 12: The Job
Chapter 13: The Gang
Chapter 14: Domination
Chapter 15: The Scar
Chapter 16: The Magistrate
Chapter 17: The Confrontation
Chapter 18: The Plan
Chapter 19: The Culmination
Chapter 20: Salvation
Chapter 21: The Riduurok*
Ethereal (Interlude)
Nova (Interlude)
SEASON TWO
Chapter 22: The Return
Chapter 23: The Settlement
Chapter 24: The Ally
Chapter 25: The Dragon
Chapter 26: Desperation*
Chapter 27: The Crash
Chapter 28: The Cave
Chapter 29: The Boat
Chapter 30: Devastation
Chapter 31: The Mission
Chapter 32: The Layover
Chapter 33: The Revelation
Chapter 34: The Father
Chapter 35: The Son
Chapter 36: The Promise
Chapter 37: The Loss
Chapter 38: Coercion
Chapter 39: The Sacrifice
Chapter 40: The Threat
Chapter 41: The Duel
Chapter 42: The Goodbye
Aftermath (Interlude)
Desolation (Interlude)
Miracle (Interlude)
SEASON 2.5 (TBOBF)
Chapter 43: The Wanderers
Chapter 44: The Way
Chapter 45: The Voyage
Chapter 46: The Starfighter
Chapter 47: The Disillusioned
Chapter 48: The Storm
Chapter 50: Reunion*
Bliss (Interlude)
Honor (Interlude)
SEASON THREE
Chapter 51: The Quest
Chapter 52: Restoration
Chapter 53: The Burden
Chapter 54: The Homeworld
Chapter 55: The Torment
Chapter 56: The Waters
Chapter 57: Redemption*
Chapter 58: The Armor
Chapter 59: The Lesson
Chapter 60: The Briefing
Chapter 61: The Siege
Chapter 62: The Droid Problem
Chapter 63: The Investigation
Chapter 64: The Darksaber
Chapter 65: The Unification
Chapter 66: The Surface
Chapter 67: The Capture
Chapter 68: The Pursuit
Chapter 69: Liberation
Chapter 70: The Apprentice
Chapter 71: Home*

Chapter 49: The Battle

4.4K 133 158
By dindjarindiaries

chapter 49: the battle •••

You flip your knife in your hand and pause once again to peer out the window. There isn't a soul in sight or a single sound aside from the occasional shuffles of your companions. All is calm—too calm. The calm before the storm.

You're about to flip your knife again when Din's gentle voice stops you. "Hey." You look at your husband, who stands beside you with one foot propped up on a piece of rubble. His gloved hand gestures to your knife. "Be careful."

The corners of your mouth lift into a small smile as you raise your brow at him. "I don't think my knife is gonna be the thing that hurts me today."

Din tilts his helmet. "Nothing's gonna hurt you today."

You shrug and widen your smile at his protectiveness. "I might get a few bruises and scratches. But you're right, no major injuries." You sheathe your knife and cross your arms. "So long as you can say the same for yourself."

Din sighs. "Well..."

"Don't even try to argue with me." You set your hand on his propped-up leg and let your fingers run over the cloth alongside his cuisse that you sewed back together. "It hasn't been that long since you were last hurt." You lower your voice. "Badly."

Din sets a hand over yours. "I know." He takes your fingers and holds them in his grasp. "I won't let that happen again." Din's visor never strays from your gaze. "But my armor will protect me from intense lines of fire. I have a responsibility to use it to protect others."

You think back to the moment on Trask when Din ran into the fire of heavy-repeating blasters—and you remember all the bruises he was left with afterwards. Your jaw tightens as you release a deep breath. Din's old words echo in your head: How dare you marry a Mandalorian. "All right. A few bruises and scratches." Your gaze falls to his leg. "But no major injuries."

Din nods at you. He looks out the window again and your gaze follows. The town is still as silent as ever, without so much as a womp-rat making a peep. You sigh and shift your weight as a dark shadow of dread looms over you.

"Cobb and the people of Freetown should've been here by now." You furrow your brow and look at Din. "Where are they?"

Din shrugs. Before he can offer any type of reassurance, Fennec speaks up and catches your attention. "While we wait for those reinforcements, our forces are quietly patrolling the streets of the old city." Fennec continues to pace the small space where she stands. "The Pyke Syndicate has not yet arrived in numbers, but the minute they do, we will see them before they see us." Din glances at Boba and then turns to the window again. "The truce you negotiated with the other families of Mos Espa will ensure that they remain neutral and allow us to gain the upper hand by surprising the arriving soldiers."

"And you're sure they'll stick to that?" All heads turn to you when you make your inquiry. "I'm pretty familiar with political figures like these families. Neutrality is hard to maintain when war's brewing."

Fennec considers your words with a tilt of her head "It's not a guarantee. That's why we have all our flanks covered."

She goes on to break down where everyone is stationed. The Gamorreans are in Klatooinian territory, Krrsantan in Trandoshan, and Drash, Skad, and the rest of the Mods in the Worker's District of the Aqualish Quarter. Din looks over at Boba and you do the same. The Daimyo looks upon his right-hand companion with a cautious eye.

"Nobody is sneaking up on us. When the people of Freetown arrive, we will have the forces required to pivot our strength to whatever region the Pykes choose to attack from."

Boba finally speaks up with a question of his own. "For now?"

Fennec focuses on him. "We wait." You hold back a sigh. You've always hated the waiting game.

A sudden shuffle at the door alerts the group, though Din's the first to react with a quick draw of his blaster. A droid walks in and turns to Boba. "Lord Fett? There is someone here to see you."

You set your hand over the one Din's kept on his propped-up leg. His helmet turns to look at you while you urge him to lower his blaster. "I don't think the droid's a threat." Your voice is low and soft.

Meanwhile, Boba turns to look at Fennec. "I thought you said nobody could sneak up on us."

Fennec's gaze lowers, embarrassed. You and Din exchange a glance as he holsters his blaster. Boba leads the way out and you and Din follow Fennec to conceal yourselves behind two of the Sanctuary's columns. You and Din share one and keep yourselves hidden while you watch the scene unfold.

Standing many meters away is a Duros whose face hides underneath the shadow of a wide-brimmed hat. It's easy to conclude they're a bounty hunter of some sort. Din pulls you closer to his side and you furrow your brow at him. He speaks to you in a low voice. "Cad Bane."

Your eyes double in size. The name is one you're familiar with. It worked as a threat when you were on the run from bounty hunters during the war. They would tell you how lucky you were that they weren't Cad Bane, and you heard enough stories about his ruthlessness to keep you awake at night. He was your worst fear for many years, and now he's standing right in front of you. "I've... heard of him." You reach for Din's hand and he offers it to you without hesitation.

Din's helmet turns to look at you. "Should I be gunning him down right now?"

You shake your head. "He was just a threat. We never met."

Din nods and turns back to view the scene. "Good."

You turn your attention back to Boba, who's stepped out to face Cad Bane with his weapon secured in front of him. "I thought I smelled something."

No response. You swallow hard.

"If you're looking for a job, you're late."

Bane tilts his head and speaks in a voice so low and threatening it makes you reach for your blaster before you even hear what he has to say. "I've already got a job. I'm here to negotiate on behalf of the Pyke Syndicate."

Figures. Boba seems to echo your thought. "I don't negotiate with gutless murderers."

Bane scoffs. "If that's not the Quacta calling the Stifling slimy."

Boba remains unfazed. "Clear out. And tell your bosses we know they're outnumbered."

Bane waits a moment before he offers his reply. "I wouldn't be counting on the people of Freetown to be coming anytime soon."

You share a nervous look with Din. Your heart begins to race as you take a firm grip on your blaster.

"I paid Marshal Vanth a visit. You should've never left him without his armor."

Your eyes squeeze shut as you release a tight exhale. Your chest flares with the burning aches of guilt and despair. Cobb's dead—and you and Din are the ones who got him involved in the first place. You remember Zora's fussiness when you left Cobb and Freetown. She was trying to warn us. You reopen your eyes when you hear Din click his blaster and aim at Bane around the post. You do the same on the other side.

"Before you get any ideas, I've got back shooters too." You tighten your jaw when a few Pykes appear from rooftops behind Bane. "You should tell yours that the streets of Tatooine are no place for a child."

Your body acts before you can stop yourself, but Din is even faster. His left arm grabs yours and keeps you from charging at Bane. You shoot your husband a look to see him as tense as ever. The hand that holds his blaster shakes in his rage. "He saw us leave Freetown with her," Din assures you in a low voice. His teeth are gritted amidst his own struggle for restraint. "He doesn't actually know where she is. He's playing his game." Din flexes his finger on his trigger. "We can't let him make us his pawns."

Fennec glances your way. "Keep your cool, both of you." She holds her rifle close. "You don't want to mess with Bane. Especially when it comes to kids." She adds the last part under her breath.

"Let the spice move through Mos Espa," Bane continues, "and all this can be avoided."

Tense silence suffocates the space as Boba considers the hunter's words. Your struggle not to pull your trigger continues. As empty as his threat over your daughter might've been, it still crossed a line. You've seen a bounty hunter gain the upper hand over Peli—and yourself—before. You don't want a repeat of that. Boba's voice cuts through your thoughts as he offers a simple and stern answer. "No."

Bane grits his sharp teeth. "What do you propose then?"

"I will only negotiate with the head of the Pyke Syndicate."

Bane tilts his head. "You mean the one that massacred your Tusken family and blamed it on a speed bike gang?"

Boba's shoulders tense and so do your own. You remember the way you felt when you heard the news of Alderaan's destruction with your parents still present on the planet. You'd never been filled with an urge to kill before that moment. The need for revenge burned your heart into an untamable flame of rage that took months to diminish. If the Empire had been anywhere near you then, there's no telling what you would have done. As for Boba, the people responsible are standing right in front of him.

Bane smiles while he takes his sickening delight in sharing the news. "You know it's true."

Boba starts to lift his weapon. You and Din tighten your grasps on yours while Fennec steps forward. "Boba."

Bane's grin turns into a scowl. "Let's do this right here, right now." He brushes back his long jacket and hovers his hands over his holsters. You and Din share a nervous look.

"Not now." Fennec continues to try to get through to the Daimyo. "You pick when."

"He killed Vanth." Boba's voice is low, angry. A pange strikes your chest at the reality of his words. "The reinforcements aren't coming."

"We fight on our terms, not theirs."

Boba stares Bane down. "I can take him."

Fennec counters. "You're emotional."

"I can take him."

"We need to adjust." Fennec's voice is lighter as she goes on. "You'll have your moment."

Boba considers her words for a long and tense moment. You and Din look at each other again. As much as you would delight in seeing Boba take Bane down, you know Fennec's right. Bane is nothing more than an attempted distraction—which means there's something else you must be missing.

The Daimyo lifts his hand from his weapon and sets it across his arm. You breathe a sigh of relief. Boba's voice has returned to normal. "Tell your client negotiations are terminated."

Bane grins, amused. "You're going soft in your old age."

Boba tilts his helmet. "We all do."

Bane starts to step away and his gaze never once leaves Boba. Your shoulders relax as you look at Din again. His blaster lowers and his visor moves with it. He then looks to you as if he's snapped out of a daze. Din holsters his blaster and sets a hand on your shoulder. "You okay?"

You nod. "Yeah. A little shaken up, but nothing I can't handle." You gesture with your hand to the Pyke back shooters who continue to lurk. "We're on the brink of war, after all."

"Still." Din takes your hand and holds it between his. "Bane was bluffing. She'll be okay."

Your gaze searches his visor. "And if he wasn't?"

Din shrugs. "We kill him."

You smirk and holster your blaster. You let yourself delight in the idea of ruthlessness for once as you and Din walk out from around the column. The Mayor's Majordomo runs out from his hiding place within the Sanctuary and greets Boba. "That was an impressive display of restraint!" He walks alongside the Daimyo. "Exemplary stratagem. If I may be so bold as to offer additional counsel—."

"I wonder how much he would pay for the Twi'lek," Boba mutters when he meets the rest of your group. You snort as Din tilts his helmet in agreement.

"Understood." The Majordomo attempts to backtrack. "Many pardons. I should have never interjected."

"Come in, boss." Drash's voice interrupts the moment as it calls from Fennec's comlink. "Come in." Fennec shares a cautious look with the group and reaches for the device. "Something feels strange over here."

"Have the Pykes arrived?" Boba raises his voice enough to be heard through the comlink.

"Not yet, but something feels off." Your maternal instincts cause your chest to constrict for the fearful young woman. Din sets his hand on your back to make you feel like you can breathe again. The group shares another look before you hear Drash's voice again, one that's mixed with the sounds of blasters going off. "The locals are attacking."

Din's shoulders tense as he looks at Boba. "I thought we had a treaty."

Boba returns Din's glance. "So did I."

You shake your head. "They were never to be trusted. Credits win every time."

"They laid a trap!" Drash sounds even more panicked than before.

Boba takes his own comlink and walks towards the Sanctuary. "Santo! Santo, come in!"

You, Din, and Fennec follow him back inside. Adrenaline pumps through you as you tighten and loosen your fists. This is going to be even more of a bloodbath than you thought it would be. You pray to the stars that it stays far away from Mos Eisley.

When no response comes from Krrsantan, Boba addresses the group. "It's a coordinated attack. We'll have to gather our people."

"There's no way to overcome their advantage," Fennec counters. "We need to take out command and control."

Boba turns to the Majordomo. "Does the Pyke Syndicate still operate out of Mos Eisley?"

Your jaw drops. Mos Eisley? Din shifts his weight beside you while you wait for the Majordomo to answer. "Oh, it's difficult to say for certain that—."

Fennec cocks her rifle. The Majordomo freezes and reevaluates.

"Mos Eisley? Yes, now that I think of it, indeed they do. More specifically the Desert Survey Office."

You look at Din with wide eyes. Your words are low and strained. "We've left our daughter within the heart of their operation?"

Din's chest rises and falls in an unsteady breath. "She's well-hidden. She'll be okay." You're not sure if his reassurances are meant more for you or himself.

Meanwhile, Fennec's setting her rifle back over her shoulder as Boba turns to her. "Can you do that? Can you get there in time?"

Fennec shrugs. "Worth a shot." Without another moment to waste, Fennec turns and hurries out of the cantina's ruins. Your group has now been reduced to three.

You turn to face your husband with a furrowed brow. "What now?" You shake your head. "Are you sure I'm cut out for this? What if I'm not as skilled as I used to be?"

"Hey." Din holds the sides of your face to make you face him. "Don't doubt yourself. You just kicked my ass a few days ago." You manage a chuckle at that. "Skill and strength like yours doesn't disappear after a few months. Two months ago you were the strongest I've ever seen you." Din nods at you. "You can do this."

You take a deep breath and rest your forehead against his helmet. "We can do this."

"That's right." Din brushes his thumbs over your cheeks. "That's my wife." He steps away and focuses on Boba. "We'll stay on the lookout. It won't be long before the Pykes arrive."

Boba nods. "And we will be ready."

You and Din make your way to the window as you keep watch. Thanks to your adrenaline, you continue to move around and shift your weight amidst the ruins. You force yourself to take another deep breath and go still. Boba needs your full focus. Din needs your full focus. Zora needs your full focus.

That's when you feel a sudden flutter in your chest. It brings an overwhelming surge of joy and relief that hits you like a wave against the dunes of Karnac. Din's visor looks at you the same time you look at him.

"Did you feel that?" Your voice is breathless.

Din nods and taps his cuirass. "Zora. She's reaching out to us." He tilts his helmet and takes one of your hands. "I told you she's okay."

You smile and squeeze his hand. "I should've trusted you, like I do with everything else." You sigh and stare out the window again. Your hand hovers over your holster as you watch the scene with unprecedented attentiveness. Now that you know Zora's all right, there's nothing keeping you from giving your all to the brewing battle.

Aside from the fact that you and Din have someone to stay alive for.

Din speaks as soon as there's motion outside the Sanctuary. "They're here." Your grip on your holster tightens as you watch the Pykes walk out and position themselves.

"It was just a matter of time." Boba walks over to join the two of you on the other side of the Sanctuary's threshold. Your gazes turn from the window to the open view ahead of you. "Is Cad Bane with them?"

You watch Din's visor survey the area. "Don't see him." He turns to look at Boba. "Any news on the others?"

Boba continues to look outside. "Would be a miracle if any survived." He turns his head to look at the two of you. "All three gotras of Mos Espa turned on us."

Din tilts his helmet in a small shrug. "It was the smart move."

Boba nods. "It was."

You step out from Din's side. "But miracles can happen." You gesture to the open threshold. "It gives us all the more reason to avenge them and make their sacrifices worth it."

"I'll take care of it." You furrow your brow at Boba as he looks at you. "You two should head out."

Din shares a look with you. Once you nod at him, he turns his helmet back to the threshold and speaks. "We're not."

Boba repeats his thoughts. "You should."

Your husband looks at Boba again as you put your hand on Din's armored shoulder and stand alongside him. "It's against our Creed. We gave you our word." He pauses and looks at you. "We're with you until we all fall." There's an undertone to his voice that you can decipher; his words are true, but you won't fall. Not with your daughter just a town away.

"You really buy into that bantha fodder?"

Din nods, unfazed. "I do."

You tighten your grasp on his shoulder. "So do I." Din looks at you with a sweet tilt to his helmet.

Boba takes a breath and looks between the two of you. "Good." He focuses on the Pykes and you and Din do the same.

After a moment of studying, Din offers his ideas. "The way I see it, we have two choices. We wait until they get into position and launch a siege on their terms."

Boba fails to hide his curiosity. "Or?"

Din looks at your friend. "We rush out there, catch them unaware. Then we can escape to your ship at the palace."

You're just as unsettled at the idea of escaping as Boba is when he provides his response. "I can't abandon Mos Espa. These people are counting on me."

You nod at Boba. "Then you can count on us."

Din glances at you and repeats your nod. "We'll all fight in the name of honor."

Boba straightens with severity. "You sure you two wanna stay?"

Din starts to draw his blaster and you do the same. He tilts his helmet. "This is the Way."

Your lips curl up into a small smile of determination. "This is the Way."

Boba nods and the three of you turn to the threshold. You take a deep breath to prepare yourself. Here's to making the galaxy a safer place, you remind yourself, for people like Zora. The people of Sorgan and Freetown stay on your mind along with your daughter as the three of you start to make a move for the threshold.

"If I may offer an alternative?" Your trio stops and turns to face the Majordomo who's just spoken up. He remains hesitant with his hands raised in surrender. "Shall I continue?" None of you speak. The Twi'lek makes his way towards you. "I'll continue." He takes a deep breath. "You may not know this about me—in fact, how could you?—," Din sighs and turns away. You chuckle under your breath. "—Except perhaps what vestiges remain of my accent, but... I was educated on Coruscant. Not that that makes me better in any way."

You roll your eyes. It seems not much has changed about scholars from Coruscant ever since you last frequented the Core.

"Get to it." Boba says what you're all thinking.

The Majordomo waves his hand. "Yeah, uh... I attended finishing academy. My parents were not wealthy by any means." He's about to elaborate when he stops himself and starts again elsewhere. "I specialized in Civic Counsel Negotiations." Boba looks at him with what appears to be interest. You raise your brow. "Now, if you would feel confident empowering me to negotiate on your behalf, I'm fairly certain we would be granted passage off world with, at worst, some theatrical, symbolic, groveling gestures and an exchange of funds."

The three of you look at each other. It's clear the guy's a joke—but he does offer some kind of opportunity. Boba takes advantage of it. "Very well." He looks at the Majordomo. "Give me your tablet." You and Din stay by the threshold while Boba walks over to the Twi'lek. "I will write out my statement and what I'm willing to pay."

You lower your voice to speak to Din while Boba works with the Majordomo. "If this doesn't work, I could offer to turn myself in to them for—."

"Not an option." Din cuts you off, protective.

You hold back a sigh. "I wouldn't actually turn myself in."

Din's helmet turns to you. "It's not an option."

Your gaze softens. There's no doubt the stories you've told him about your past are clouding his mind. "I'm not afraid of who I am, riduur." Your eyes gesture to the mudhorn on his pauldron. "Just like you." You pause and watch Din's cuirass rise and fall in a slow breath. "You're a Mandalorian. I'm a lost princess." Your gaze searches his visor. "I can use that to our advantage, like you do with your armor."

Din looks as if he's about to respond, but the Majordomo walks past you and draws your attention back to the situation at hand. Boba steps up to the two of you and nods. "It's time to go for your second idea." He gestures to Din. "Let's rush out there and catch them unaware." Boba glances at the rest of the Sanctuary. "We can go out the back and use our jetpacks to disorient them."

Din nods at him. "Great."

"And what about me?" You gesture to your unarmored self.

"You need to stay concealed." Din's the one who offers an idea. "Our armor can take their fire, but we'll feel it. You can pick up our slack by shooting from behind the columns."

You nod. "Okay." Boba walks off to the right and Din's about to go to the left, but you grab his arm before he can leave. He turns to you and you reach for the back of his helmet to press it against your forehead. "Be careful."

"I will—if you are, too." Din lifts his free hand to the lip of his helmet and raises it enough to kiss you. He's forced to keep it brief as he pulls away. "I love you."

You smile at him. "I love you, too." No other words or actions can be spared as Din turns away and jogs off to the left. You watch him as he goes and take a deep breath. You lift your blaster near your shoulder. There's no going back now.

You press your back against one side of the threshold and survey the scene. The Majordomo has just started to read from his tablet. "'I, Boba Fett,'" he quotes, "'speaking as Daimyo of the Tatooine territories formerly held by Jabba the Hutt, do present the following offer.'" The Twi'lek pauses. With his back turned to you, you can't read his expression to understand why. He fidgets around before he speaks again. "Perhaps we should discuss what you'd be willing to—."

"Read it." The maskless Pyke leaves no room for argument.

The Majordomo nods and looks at the tablet. "'... following offer. Nothing.'" He pauses and looks at the Pyke. You chuckle to yourself. "Uh... 'You will leave this planet and your spice trade.'" The Pykes look at each other. "'If you refuse these terms...'" the Twi'lek clears his throat while the Pykes move in closer, "'the arid sands of Tatooine will once again flourish with flowered fields fertilized with the bodies of your dead.'"

You tighten your lips and shrug to yourself. His words are gruesome, but poetic.

The Pykes start to lift their blasters. The Majordomo lifts a cautious hand. "His words."

Blaster fire starts to rain down from above the group: your signal. You use the distraction to rush out to the column where you and Din had concealed yourselves before. Both Boba's and Din's jetpacks roar as they soar through the air, but you still can't see them. You ease your head and your blaster out from behind the column and aim at whoever you can reach. It takes more than one shot for you to hit your targets without a scope, but you still hit them. Your confidence grows with each one you take down. Just like Din said, you've still got it.

Boba and Din land just in front of the Sanctuary and you muster all your strength not to join them. They're brutal with their attacks, not wasting so much as a single shot as they circle around each other. You can't keep your eye on them for long, since you have your own shots to take. You try to go for the Pykes on the rooftops and leave the ones on the ground to Boba and Din.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see Boba get knocked to the ground by a hard shot. His weapon falls a few meters away from him. You're about to cover for him when he stands on his knee and fires at a Pyke who's tried to catch him off guard. He abandons his weapon altogether and reaches for his blaster instead as he stands back at Din's side.

More and more Pykes arrive and you shoot as many as you can, but it's not enough. You wince every time Din's body jolts at the impact of a blaster bolt, and same with Boba. You get antsier the more you stay concealed, your desire to join Boba and Din at the forefront of the battle growing with each shot you take. They're doing all they can and they're doing a hell of a job at it—but numbers almost always prevails over skill.

You almost leap out from the column when Din gets hit hard enough to fall on all fours. "Riduur!" you exclaim, your voice strained with panic. Boba comes to his side as Din's visor looks your way. He shakes his head, an order to stay put. You grit your teeth and fight every voice in your head that says otherwise.

You and Boba cover for Din while he musters the strength to stand up on one knee. In your anger, you find that your shots are more accurate, more lethal. Din manages to engage his whistling birds and they work for a spell, but not long enough. You try to focus on shooting but your eyes remain on your husband as he struggles to get back onto his two feet.

"They just keep coming," Boba says. There seems to be no end in sight. With no reinforcements on the way, it feels impossible.

But with your daughter just a town away, there's no reason to stop fighting until you make it back to her.

Boba and Din finish off this wave just as another arrives. The blasts knock them both to the ground—for good. They don't have the chance to get any shots in, much less stand on their own two feet. You cover their shots as much as you can, but your angle doesn't allow for much. Standing here and watching your husband and your friend get pelted with blaster bolts doesn't make it any easier.

So, you run.

"Cyar'ika!" Din yells when he sees you. He gasps when he gets hit with another bolt. You kneel behind him and Boba and continue to shoot. "What the hell are you doing? Get back to cover!"

"And leave you out here?" You scoff and take two Pykes down. "Not an option!"

Din moves himself to shield you and takes each hit as it comes. "Damn your bravery!" He grunts when he gets hit hard on his cuirass.

You set your hand on his shoulder and keep shooting. "Hang in there!"

Just when you start to think this might be the end for all three of you, the Pykes are shot down by someone from your right. All three of your heads turn in that direction to see a heavily armed speeder moving towards you—one that carries faces familiar enough to make you smile in relief.

"The people of Freetown," Boba says with disbelief.

They make their way towards you and give Boba and Din a chance to stand. You help them both, offering them each an arm to lean on as they get to their feet. Boba nods in gratitude and Din presses his helmet against your forehead before you shoot at the Pykes again. "Stay behind me!" Din says to you. You nod and shoot around him while the speeder pulls up in front of the Sanctuary.

"Help while you got cover!" Weequay exclaims to his group. They jump down from the speeder and line up behind it to fire shots of their own. Din stays in front of you and urges you to move back with the people of Freetown behind the speeder. Boba follows. You and Din stand behind Weequay and focus on finishing off this wave.

Once the remaining Pykes conceal themselves, Din turns his helmet to speak to Weequay. "I'm sorry about the Marshal." His voice is low and honest. You move closer to Din's side and he welcomes you there.

Weequay looks at Din with haunted eyes. "They gunned him down in cold blood."

A Pyke steps out from their hiding place and you try to land a shot at them. Din's attentive to the Pyke as he continues to address Weequay. "You didn't have to come here."

"Yes, we did." He aims and fires. "This planet deserves better."

Din's not given a chance to respond when a distant roar catches everyone's attention. All heads turn to the left to see the Mods making their way towards you on their speeder bikes. You release a sigh of relief at the sight of them, but it doesn't last long. Skad—the young man you'd met before—gets shot off his bike and lands just in front of your armored speeder.

You don't hesitate to run out from where you're standing to help him up. Din shouts something at you, but you're much too focused on helping Skad get to his feet to listen to him. Drash pulls her bike up in front of the two of you to give you cover while you and her help Skad behind the armored speeder. You focus on the two of them and inspect them for wounds.

You meet their gazes and look between them. "Are you okay?" They nod at you and cling tight to their blasters. "We heard you over the comlink and feared the worst."

"We're okay." Drash offers a small smile with her words. "Fennec Shand came to help us just in time."

"Good." You hold her shoulder and give it a squeeze before you join Din at his side once again. He glances at you while he shoots. You chuckle and speak while you lift your blaster to do the same. "You should know better than to try to hold me back, riduur."

"I know." Din raises his voice enough to be heard over the sounds of the battle, but lowers it enough to keep his words between the two of you. "I hate the way that makes me feel."

You scoff and tilt your head. "This is hardly the time to talk about that."

"Just thought I'd give you an incentive to help you keep it up."

You share a look with Din and shake your head at him. It seems more like an incentive for him to cope with you being at risk—but not one you'd ever complain about.

Your finger halts on your trigger when you see the bodies of Pykes thrown from around a corner. Krrsantan appears with one Pyke thrown over his shoulder and another on the ground by his feet. He throws them and shoots them, but the blasts from other Pykes start to catch up to him. Krrsantan begins to limp his way to the speeder, but he's shot in the leg again and falls to his knees. Boba looks at Din and nods. "Cover me!"

After the stunt you just pulled, you have no right to hold Din back, but your mind still screams at you about his safety as he and Boba run into the lines of fire. You cover for Din while he covers for Boba and Krrsantan. Din fires continuous rounds to give Boba time to help Krrsantan onto his feet and behind the speeder. You shift your weight until Din's back at your side and you release a breath at the sight of him. Boba speaks to Krrsantan while Din tilts his helmet at you.

"It's not as amusing when you're on the other side, huh?" Din's words are playful as he speaks to you.

You narrow your eyes at him. "It's different when you're purposely taking hits to your armor."

Din leans close to you. "But how does it make you feel, cyar'ika?"

You tighten your jaw even as a guilty smile tries to make its way through. "Hardly the time, riduur."

"They're falling back!" Weequay's exclamation tears the two of you from your private moment. You and Din look at the scene to see the Pykes running, which causes the people of Freetown to cheer—but you, Din, and Boba know better. Even the Mods have remained suspicious as Din sets a hand on Boba's shoulder and steps forward. He lifts his hand to his helmet to engage his heat sensors. You wait with anticipation and keep your blaster held up.

Din raises his voice to be heard by everyone. "I wouldn't celebrate yet." He turns to glance at Boba. "We got problems." Your eyes widen when two giant Scorpenek droids start to turn corners and make their way towards you. You set a cautious hand on Din's armored shoulder. "We got real problems."

Everyone lifts their weapons in preparation. You try to urge Din back to where you were standing before, but he stays where he is. Your gaze flickers between the droids and Din's helmet. "We can do this," you say, your voice loud enough for just him to hear. He nods at you. "I won't let any droids hurt you."

"I can't let you make that promise." Din glances over at you. "But having you here is enough to help me."

Your lips curl up into a smile at his bravery as you squeeze his shoulder. Your smile fades when you see the droids engage blue energy fields around themselves. Din fires the first shot—one that bounces right off the energy field, along with everyone else's. Still, all of you continue to shoot, keeping yourselves concealed behind the speeder between shots. Boba launches a missile from his jetpack that causes a rush of fire and heat to appear where the Scorpenek was. You wait for the smoke to clear with a breath you hold in your chest.

The Scorpenek is still there, and now, it charges towards you with shots of its own.

Both the droids are relentless with their attacks that keep all of you pinned behind the speeder. The shots are ten times more powerful than the Pykes' that cause the speeder to groan with anticipated destruction. Boba shouts to the group through the chaos. "Run! We'll distract them!"

Din takes a hold of your arm and gestures with his helmet to the running people. "Go with them! You'll be safer there!"

You shake your head and rip your arm from his grasp. "I'm staying!"

Din tilts his helmet. "Rid'ika—."

"You said you wanted me here, so I'm staying! The Mods and Krrsantan can protect the others!"

Din doesn't have time to argue as the Scorpeneks close in on the three of you. The speeder has started to emit more and more heat, and with one particular shot from the Scorpeneks, Din pulls you against him and turns his back to the speeder. You can hear the explosion as the speeder gets blown to pieces and washes over you with a wave of heat. You're not given the chance to gather your bearings as Din takes a tighter grasp on you and uses his jetpack to fly into the air alongside Boba. "Hold tight!" Din urges and your hands tighten on the arms he's secured around you.

When a Scorpenek begins to chase down the rest of the group, Boba lands first to cut it off. He engages it from one side and Din lands the two of you on its other side. He lets go of you and raises the flamethrower on his left vambrace while he draws his blaster with his other hand. You're focused on the Scorpenek that approaches from behind you as you lift your blaster at it. "Din," you warn him. "We've got more company!"

Din's helmet glances at the other Scorpenek and he considers it for a moment. He lowers his flamethrower and tightens his arms around you again. You fly over the Scorpenek and land at Boba's side. When you step away from Din, he reaches for the Darksaber and hesitates. His visor looks at you and you offer him a nod. He draws it and ignites the blade while you and Boba shoot at the droid. Din swings the Darksaber behind him and then over his shoulder as he charges the Scorpenek's energy field.

Nothing.

Din grunts as he's forced away from the energy field, not unlike how Grogu's Force-field once pushed him away. He tries again and is still unsuccessful. You grit your teeth. Din goes for a third attempt and yields the same result. As much as you've tried to forget her, the Armorer's words from before echo in your mind: Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.

Din looks at Boba. "I can't get through."

The Scorpenek aims and Din's hand not holding the Darksaber grabs your arm to pull you away from the blast. The three of you run off to the side as Boba responds in frustration. "These two will destroy the whole city!"

Din hangs the Darksaber on his belt and shifts his weight. "Our energy weapons can't get through, and our kinetic weapons have too much velocity." You start to smile to yourself. Insight.

Boba makes a sudden move to push you and Din away. "Move!" You and Din obey and narrowly avoid getting hit with another blast. Boba's visor looks at the two of you. "Can you two protect the others?"

You nod without hesitation while Din gestures to the droids. "We can distract them for a spell. Why?"

Boba's helmet snaps towards the droids. "Watch out!" He yet again saves you and Din from another blast as he pushes you aside. You and Din both tuck and roll, though you're quick to get back onto your feet. Din's visor gives you a once-over and you nod at him with reassurance. He looks back at Boba as the Daimyo continues. "We need reinforcements."

Din's helmet tilts, confused. "From where? You've run out of friends."

Boba turns away anyway. "Protect the others."

"We will!" You call the words out to Boba just before he jets away.

Boba draws the Scorepeneks' fire and Din gives your arm a tug. "This way!" His helmet gestures to the place from where you just came. "Stay in front of me!"

You nod and start to run. The two of you pass both the Scorpeneks while they're still focused on Boba. Your blaster remains in hand as you glance over your shoulder and see the droids turning to you. "Riduur!" You try to warn him.

Din doesn't have time to heed your words as the Scorpenek fires a shot right behind him. He's knocked from his feet as he rolls on the ground to catch himself. You trip a few steps forward, but remain standing. Din's already stood by the time you make it to his side and he leads you to cover behind the ruins of the speeder from before.

"I know we're the distraction," you say between heavy breaths, "but can you please try not to get blown up again?"

Din tilts his helmet. "That would be nice, wouldn't it?" He looks out from behind the speeder and you stay behind him. "Damn it. They're headed straight for the others."

You keep your blaster pressed against your chest as you furrow your brow at him. "What do we do?"

Din glances at you and unholsters his blaster. "We go for a run."

You offer a sly smile in response. Din steps out from around the speeder and you join him. The two of you lift your blasters at the Scorpenek in front of you in slow motion, firing shots until you fully gain its attention. As soon as it starts to turn, Din sets his hand on your back and urges you ahead of him.

"Run!" Din shouts the words between his own breaths as he runs behind you. Your blasters remain drawn as you round the corner and refuse to spare so much as a single look behind you. After a few moments, you hear Din speak again. "You're fast as hell!"

You scoff and raise your voice for him to hear you. "I don't have all that armor weighing me down!"

Din's response is delayed by the sound of his blaster going off. You look at him and see him turn back around to face you. "I need to get you some armor of your own! It's long overdue!"

You shrug and focus on the way ahead. "The kids have needed it more!" You turn another corner and jump over a line of fire. "And I don't know where you think you'll get more beskar from!"

"I'll find a way! We always do!" You're unable to respond as Din continues. "Get behind those cargo boxes to your right!"

You do as he says, rerouting yourself and crouching down behind the boxes. Din joins you and shields your body with his as a blast from the Scorpenek blows up something near you. When the fire calms, Din urges you to stand to your feet again and you continue your run.

As soon as you turn another corner, you run almost head-first into none other than Peli Motto in a cart that's being pulled by a droid—and your daughter strapped to her chest. Zora's still covered by the battle mesh and you thank the stars for it. "Mando! Astra! Ha! We found you!" Peli calls from the cart. She smiles as she waves you over. "We've got a surprise for you!"

Din's the first one of you two to find his voice as he waves his arms at her and yells. "Turn around!"

Peli's brow wrinkles. "What?"

You and Din shout together the second time. "Turn around!"

Peli points to her ear. "Can't hear you!"

Din moves forward to shoot at the approaching Scorpenek while you stay by Peli and do the same. When she spots the droid, you can hear Peli shout at the one that's pulling her cart. "Turn around!" You move aside as the droid turns the cart around. Peli screams while it makes a one-eighty. You approach it and hop on the back before it takes off.

Your head turns to look at Din. "Riduur!" You catch his attention and wave him over. Din stops shooting and sprints over to catch up. You make room for him and help him to leap up onto the cart beside you. You and Din shoot at the Scorpenek as you speak to the mechanic. "Peli, why did you bring our daughter into a warzone?"

Peli gestures to the chaos around you. "You didn't tell me what kind of job it was!"

You tilt your head. Fair enough. Din glances at her. "Can this thing go any faster?"

Peli leans towards the droid at the front. "Go faster, you bucket of bolts!" She takes a tool from her belt and throws it at its head.

The droid revs up and goes so fast that you're knocked off balance. You almost fall from the cart until Din grabs you and keeps you steady around the corner. Once you're back on a straightaway, you find your balance and settle in place again.

"Hey, you two!" Peli's voice alerts the two of you again. "Look who's here!" You look away from the Scorpenek for a moment to watch as she pulls away the blanket beside her. You gape at the sight and almost fall off the cart once again in utter shock and disbelief.

It's Grogu.

Din's helmet turns and he's forced to do a double take. "What?" He gasps and holsters his blaster to let himself hold even tighter to the cart. Grogu coos at the two of you with a warmth that makes you forget all about the battle around you. The corners of your mouth lift in a wide grin as you look upon your son up close for the first time in much too long. When Din speaks again, his voice has gone soft. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

Grogu stares at his father for a moment before he launches himself straight into his cuirass. You laugh as Din catches him.

"Oh!" Din's voice is light in his surprise as he keeps your son close. You lean close to them and view the sight through the blur of your joyful tears. "Okay, little guy." Din pats his back, his voice strained with emotions you can't even begin to name. "We're happy to see you, too."

"We missed you so much." You manage to lift a hand from the cart to brush over Grogu's ear. He giggles with delight.

"We didn't know when we'd see you again." Din pulls Grogu away enough to face him. Grogu releases a loud and long coo. "It's okay." The little one lifts his hand towards Din. "Yeah, I... missed you too, buddy." Grogu's hand runs along Din's beskar cheek, an action that makes you both chuckle. "But, uh..." Din glances over his shoulder, "we're in a bit of a bind here right now." Din sets your son down into the cart with two careful hands. "You be careful. You keep your head down. You stay hidden until the fight's over."

Your smile remains. Protective as ever.

Din tugs on Grogu's robes and you can catch the glint of beskar beneath them: his gift. "Hey, that's the shirt." Din's voice is even more strained than before. "You got the shirt."

The cart is rocked by a blast from the Scorpenek before anything else can be said. Din turns to shoot at it while you pat Grogu's head. "There's someone you need to meet," you say to him, "but we'll wait until we're out of this. Okay?" Grogu coos at you and nods. You chuckle and turn to Peli. "Hang on to Zora and please be careful!"

"I told you before," Peli reaches for a slugthrower, "I'll protect her with my life!"

The three of you all shoot at the droid who never stops its approach. The cart sways over the Mos Espa sand as Din raises his voice to address Peli. "What's he doing here?"

"The Force works in mysterious ways!" That's all Peli has to offer.

The cart rocks hard and you look forward to see the droid at the front fall to the ground. You're given no proper time to react as the droid launches the cart into the air and takes Peli and your family with it. With Zora safe against Peli, you focus on Grogu, who's flying through the open air with no cushion. You grab him and press him against your chest as you feel Din do the same to you. Din uses his jetpack to turn you over so that you land with him on his back and you and Grogu on his front. Din fires a few more blaster bolts from the ground as you look to see that Peli's managed to land on her back to protect Zora. You exhale a sigh of relief.

You manage to get up and help Din to do the same. He takes Grogu from your arms as you rush over to Peli and help her to stand. Din fires shots at the Scorpenek while you lower the battle cloth from Zora's head and meet her worried brown eyes.

"Hi, my angel." You kiss her head and smile when she coos. "We're all right. You're gonna stay with Aunt Peli while Papa and I finish this. Okay?"

Zora smiles and you kiss her once more before you cover her head with the cloth again. Peli nods at you when you step away and prepare to join Din with your blaster raised.

Everyone stops when you hear a sudden roar in the distance. The Scorpenek even halts its attack and glances up. You and Din take the opportunity to usher your family inside an empty hideout. The two of you stand at the threshold and watch as a single giant claw latches onto a rooftop. A head soon follows it, large and scaly with sharp teeth. Your eyes double in size as you move closer to Din's side.

"A rancor?" Your voice is breathy in your disbelief as the creature comes closer. It only grows when the rancor's head lowers and you see none other than Boba Fett riding atop it.

Din tilts his helmet. "I'll be damned." He glances over at you. "I guess he had another friend after all."

You watch as Boba and the rancor swing at the Scorpenek and knock it off its feet. It's able to recover fast, but the rancor is at least a stronger contender for the droid than any of you were. The rancor hits it hard enough to make the back half of the droid's energy field turn red, and that's when Din starts to launch back into action again. He hands Grogu off to you and nods.

"Let me handle this." Din keeps Grogu's hand wrapped around his finger and rests his helmet against your forehead. "Stay with the kids." You nod before he steps away and points at Grogu. "Don't move."

You chuckle and watch as Din takes the Darksaber from his belt and ignites it. He runs towards the Scorpenek while you try to relieve the anxious knot tied within your chest. Peli's voice helps with that as she speaks up. "Where did he get a weapon like that?"

You glance at her with an amused smile. "That's a long story better suited for another time."

Din swings at the energy field and grunts when it jolts back a few times. He's able to make his way inside of it and he uses his Rising Phoenix to get on top of the droid. You hold your breath, especially when the rancor smashes its hands against the energy shield. The Scorpenek cowers and shoots at the rancor, which forces the giant creature backwards. Din cuts one of the droid's arms off and lifts the blade in the air. He brings it down hard into the top of the Scorpenek—which only causes the droid to throw Din back.

"Riduur!" Your call for him is strained as you watch Din land on the ground, hard. The Darksaber flies from his grasp as he strains to sit up on his elbow.

Unable to keep yourself from him any longer, you set Grogu down and urge him to stay. As you run to Din, the Scorpenek lifts a leg and brings it down right on the same place where Din had burnt himself not long ago. He groans with pain that only makes you run faster.

You kneel alongside Din and reach for one of his arms. "I'm here, riduur." Din, too weak and stunned to stand just yet, buries his helmet in your shoulder. You hold him there and look up at the droid that towers over you. "You're okay." Din trembles in your grasp and you ache for him as you reach for your blaster. With one hand on Din and the other holding your weapon, you raise your blaster at the Scorpenek and prepare to shoot.

One of the bolts flies from the droid's leg in a sudden motion and causes it to fall to the ground in a metal heap. You look over your shoulder to see Grogu with the part at Peli's feet. When you turn back to Din, he's lifted his head from your shoulder, and he starts to move away with panicked crawls as the droid makes its way back onto its feet. You grab the Darksaber for him and help him to stand.

"Back to safety," you assure him. Din limps a few times while you support him, but he returns to a steady stride by the time you're back by Peli and the kids. "There you go, riduur." The roar behind you informs you that the droid is occupied with its old opponent.

Din takes Grogu from Peli's arms and assesses him. "You okay, buddy?" Grogu coos and Din breathes a sigh of relief.

Once Grogu's tucked into his arm, you hold Din's helmet in your hands and force him to look at you. "Are you okay?"

Din nods. "Yeah." He covers one of your hands with his. "Thank you, ner kar'ta, for being there for me."

You smile at him. "Always."

Your heads turn to face the rancor just as it tears the Scorpenek in half. Pieces fly through the air and Din covers both you and Grogu to protect you from them. Boba guides the rancor towards the other Scorpenek and Din draws his blaster before he looks at you. "That's our cue. Let's follow."

You nod, your blaster tight in your hand as you look at Peli. "Stay with us!"

The mechanic nods and runs with you and Din around the corner. You shoot down any Pykes who stand in your way, with you and Din taking extra care to shield Peli, Zora, and Grogu from their blasts. By the time you're caught up with Boba and his rancor again, they've already torn the second Scorpenek apart. Din waves his arms at the people of Freetown and all the others as he calls out to them. "Keep 'em on their heels! They're on the run!"

You, Din, and Peli run with the others and chase the remaining Pykes. The group runs past Boba and his rancor as you focus on the desperate soldiers ahead of you. They all fall to your shots, no longer advantaged by their numbers. You start to smile when the end comes in sight. The battle is finally over—and somehow, you've gained even more from it than you thought you would.

The feeling is short-lived as you hear the roar of the rancor nearby. You and Din look up to see it climb the nearby rooftops without Boba on top of it. The group, with no Pykes to aim for, have started to direct their shots at the creature. The rancor roars in dismay and takes a speeder to throw at them. It misses, but you know it won't next time. Din raises his voice at the group again. "You're scaring it!" He turns and gestures at them. "Put your blasters down! Stop shooting!"

You watch as the angry rancor climbs a tower. It roars and crushes the sandstone of the structure. If it doesn't stop, it'll destroy the city, a conclusion that you and Din come to at the same time. He hands Grogu over to you and nods.

"Keep the kids safe."

You scoff as Din reaches into a pouch on his belt. "You're not thinking of going after that thing, are you?"

"Someone has to." Din's voice is calm as he takes the silver sphere from the Crest and offers it to Grogu. "Here. Hang on to this." Grogu coos with utter delight as Din squeezes his tiny hand. "It's gonna be okay." Your husband looks at you again and gives you a Keldabe kiss. "I'm gonna be okay."

"You better be."

You watch with worried eyes as Din turns and flies up to the rancor. He takes a hold of its chain and swings himself around to sit atop it. The creature roars with dismay as Din pulls and tugs on the chain to try to control it. For a second, you think he might have it, until the rancor reaches its hand over its head and takes Din tight in its grasp. You gasp as he gets thrown onto another rooftop.

"Riduur!" You yell loud enough for him to hear as you take a few desperate steps forward. "Get back here!"

Din's given no time to comply with your words. The creature leaps from the tower and brings its hands down upon him. He breaks through the roof and you feel all the breath get knocked from your lungs in fiery panic. The rancor reaches inside and lifts its hand with Din set tight inside its grasp.

You hear a wail from Peli's direction and you turn your head without hesitation. You keep Grogu tucked in one arm as you fall back and attend to Zora. Your hand lowers the battle mesh to see Zora's teary eyes as she cries with a panic not unlike the one you heard while Din dueled Paz. "It's okay, Zo," you try to reassure her. You kiss her head and close your eyes when you watch the rancor attempt to bite Din's helmet. "Papa's gonna be all right."

"Yeah, your old man's crafty!" Peli tries to stay light as she adds on. You keep a hand on the fussy Zora's head as Din's helmet gets bit again. "Ooh, spoke too soon."

Din engages his flamethrower and that gets the rancor to pull him away. It slowly brings Din closer again and for a moment, you think it might be calm. Then, much to your horror, the rancor lifts its hand and throws Din away. He crashes through the frame of a building on his way to the ground. Din lands hard and drags across the sand.

He's not moving. He's not moving.

"Din!" His name slips past your lips before you can stop it. You set Grogu beside Peli and sprint forward. Your own body feels numb as you fall to your knees beside Din's motionless form and lift his upper half onto your lap. You hold his helmet between your hands. "Din, can you hear me?" Nothing. You heave a worried breath. "Din. Wake up!" Your husband remains limp and you whimper with desperation. You press your forehead against his helmet. "Please, my love."

The rancor roars behind you, but you can't bring yourself to care. You can only pray to the stars that there's no damage underneath his helmet. He wouldn't make it to privacy in time for you to heal his wounds.

"Don't do this, riduur." Your voice is nothing but a faint whisper.

Din starts to move on his own and you close your eyes with a deep exhale of relief. Your hands continue to tremble as Din wraps a hand around your wrist. "Cyar'ika..." His voice is weak as he manages to lift his other hand and point. "Grogu."

You turn your head over your shoulder and see Grogu standing right in front of the rancor. His little hand is lifted as the rancor falls lower and lower to the ground. The creature's eyes fall closed as it rests its head on the sand. You and Din watch in amazement as your son walks up to the massive creature and pets it a few times. The creature remains unmoving.

Grogu put the rancor to sleep.

You shake your head and watch Grogu cuddle up alongside the rancor for a nap. Your head turns back to Din, who lets out a low groan of pain as he tries to sit up.

"Relax." Your voice is soft as you support Din's upper half as much as you can manage. "Are you okay?"

Din tilts his helmet. "That hurt a little." You both chuckle at that. "But yeah, I'm okay."

You release a heavy sigh and smile as your forehead meets his helmet again. "Our family's back together and Mos Espa is saved." You brush your thumb over his beskar cheek. "You can rest, now."

Din resigns himself to his fate as his helmet rests upon your shoulder. "Fine."

You laugh and run your hand over his helmet. "I guess the official family reunion's gonna have to wait a little, huh?"

Din's hand reaches for one of yours. "Yeah. Maybe when the galaxy isn't spinning for me."

You tighten your jaw in concern and nod. "Yeah. We'll have our moment."

Despite your worry over Din's condition, you still can't help smiling at the words you've just spoken. Your family's back together, and soon, Grogu will finally meet his little sister. For the first time in a long time, everything is okay—and your family is free to love in every way. •••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 133 10
The Mandalorian now has a little creature in his care; milestones big and small and a little out of order are bound to occur. (Firsts between The Man...
616K 20.1K 49
โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ฌ๐จ๐Ÿ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐! ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐๐ž๐ง ๐ฎ๐ฉ -- ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐š๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ...
3K 68 14
Desideratum: something that is needed or wanted "In the midst of hundreds and thousands of stars and planets, that hold hundreds and thousands of peo...
Moon Dust By

Fanfiction

503 8 6
You want more from him, everything really.. Sum; You need transport to escape your planet and your clan. Although the man in beskar don't do this kin...