Eternal Love (Akatsuki X Read...

By GoblinMonarch

You are the bastard child of Kakashi Hatake. Nearly everyone in the leaf hates you, and you know it. Hell, yo... More

Ch. 1: Him Again
Ch. 2: Freedom and A New Friend
Ch. 3: Meeting the Akatsuki
Ch. 4: Breakdown
Ch. 5: Sixth Sense
Chapter 6: Just One Night

Chapter 7: Confrontation

1.8K 57 30
By GoblinMonarch

Alright kiddos, I'm gonna try to update more often. As per usual, if you are not capable of handling heavier themes, please don't read. I don't own Naruto.

The weather was dark and damp as the trio of Hidan, Kakuzu, and (y/n) finally returned to the Akatsuki base. Since the first night, both Hidan and Kakuzu were acting differently to their female teammate. Hidan wasn't acting like his normal mischievous self. Usually, there were friendly jabs and laughing as he messed with the other two. Now, he was silent, angry, his temper flaring at the smallest things. Kakuzu and (y/n) usually talked and laughed quietly as Hidan ranted about his religion. Even if they didn't there was a comfortable and pleasant silence. Now, Kakuzu seemed uncomfortable, like his mind was somewhere else. He kept (y/n) at arm's length through the rest of their bounty mission. To be completely honest (y/n) was getting sick of it. Before they made it to the door she sped in front of the two immortals and turned around, stopping to look at them. The two men stopped, looking down at the silver-haired woman. 

"Alright you two," she started, placing her hands on her hips, "What the hell is going on? You both have been acting weird for this whole week and I'm getting tired of it." She glared at the two as they avoided looking at her. Hidan huffed, "We haven't done shit, so fucking move." "Bullshit! You're both avoiding looking at me!" She snapped. She noticed Kakuzu flinch ever so slightly. (Y/n) felt herself deflate. This was the people in Konaha all over again. "Did I do something so atrocious that you two don't want to be my friends anymore...?" She asked, forcing her voice not to break. Kakuzu's gaze went to her quickly. 'What? Does she feel like she did something wrong? I didn't mean to make her feel that way.'  He thought. He opened his mouth to say something, only to be interrupted by Hidan's harsh words. "Look bitch, we're criminals. We're not here to make fucking friends, we're here to make fucking money and kill people. Not some stupid girly shit like making friends. So get the fuck out of my way before I cut Pein's losses and kill your useless ass." (Y/n) visibly flinched at his words. She pushed down the tears wanting to well up and glared at the pair hatefully. "Fine, fuck both of you if that's how you feel," She turned to enter the hideout, "Who wants undead creeps for friends anyway?"

(Y/n) quickly made her way to the room she shared with Sasori, tears brimming at her eyes, passing Deidara, Kisame, and Tobi who sat in the front room. "(Y/n)-chan?" Kisame questioned, standing. "What's wrong with (y/n)-san? She always says hi to Tobi?" The masked man wondered aloud, sounding a bit disappointed. Hidan and Kakuzu followed in shortly after. Kisame's eyes snapped to them and he glared at the two. "What did you say to her, Hidan?" The shark man questioned. The young Jashinist scoffed, "How do you know it was me and not the old man?" Deidara chimed in, "Because Kakuzu isn't a dumbass." "What did you say, Hidan?" Kisame questioned again. Hidan rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "I just informed the little princess of the truth. No one here wants to be her fucking friend. We're hardened criminals, not fucking teenage girls," Hidan informed the three. In a split second, Kisame had Hidan a foot off the ground by his throat. "You told her what!?"

Upstairs, (y/n) was searching for something. She was pulling open drawers, looking frantically. "Where the fuck is it? I know I left it here!" She whispered to herself. "You mean the opium you had stashed?" A voice asked from the doorway. (Y/n) quickly turned to see Sasori in the doorway, arms crossed, his shoulder leaning against the doorjamb. She stood there in the disheveled room, shocked. How did he know, she was so careful about it. "I found it when looking for one of my tools I had let you borrow. No, I didn't tell anyone about it," He explained, "But, it's gone." He pushed away from the doorjamb and closed the door so they wouldn't be heard. "What do you mean it's gone!? Sasori I need that to-" "Keep the nightmares and flashbacks away? Numb yourself so you don't feel the fear anymore? (Y/n), all you're doing is causing more damage and hindering your skills." Sasori interrupted her. He carefully came closer to his roommate, reaching to touch her shoulder.

(Y/n) flinched away from his hand, backing away until her leg bumped into the nightstand. Panic began filling her chest. Like the blood that pumps through her, fear spread throughout her body. She felt her hands shaking as she looked for a way around Sasori and to the door. "(Y/n)..." The puppet gently took her hand. "I just want to help you." Tears swelled into (Y/n)'s dark eyes. "Y... you're my friend... right?" She asked, scared of the answer. Sasori stayed silent for a moment to think. "I don't think I've ever had a friend," He explained, "But I think I can try to be yours." (Y/n) nodded a bit, sitting on the bed. She rested her elbows on her knees and covered her face with her hands. Sasori sat with her, not sure of what to say. Hesitantly he questioned her, "How long have you been on opium?" (Y/n) tried to stop the shaking in her hands. "Three years or so... I started using a few months after I escaped Orochimaru. I was having really bad panic attacks anytime there was a man other than Gai or my father around. I wasn't sleeping and I was lashing out at others... I got prescribed some medicine... but it ran out. They wouldn't give me more, so I found something that numbed me like that," She told the puppeteer, looking down in shame. "When did you use last?" (Y/n) sighed, scratching her scalp lightly. "About three days ago. I slipped away from the guys at night and found an opium den in the town we were in," She admitted.

Before Sasori could ask another question, there was a knock at the door. The two looked over as Konan opened the door. She smiled faintly at her friend and came in, sitting on the other side of her. Gently taking (y/n)'s hand, Konan spoke, "It seems like the two of you are having an important talk, but, Pein needs to see you in the library, (y/n)." The silver-haired woman took a deep breath and nodded as she exhaled. "We'll talk about this later, okay Sasori?" (y/n) asked, looking over at him. The puppeteer gave a nod and the two women left the room. "Did Pein tell you why he needed me?" (y/n) asked. Konan simply shook her head, leading (y/n) downstairs. Seeing (y/n) coming down, Kisame stood, a worried expression gracing his hard features. "(Y/n)-" He started, only to be stopped by Konan putting her hand up for him to stop, shaking her head. Kisame bit his lip, his eyebrows turned up anxiously. Worry bubbled in (y/n)'s stomach as she looked back at the tall shark man as she passed him. (Y/n)'s eyes locked on the doors to the library. Konan let go of her friend's arm and opened the door just enough for (y/n) to enter. "I'll be waiting."

Nervously, (y/n) made her way into the dimly lit library. To the right, there was a lit fireplace with a small sitting area, accounting for a good portion of light. Ahead of her, lining the walls were bookcases that nearly reached the ceilings. She looked to the right and at a round table, large enough to sit the whole of the Akatsuki, sat Itachi. A trey of tea sat within arms reach of the Uchiha. Deep in thought, he rested his lips on his folded hands, elbows propped onto the table. Pein stood next to Itachi and was the first to address (y/n). "Good, you're here, (y/n)." Itachi shot to attention, his eyes meeting (y/n)'s. She very quickly looked away, now finding the shelving very interesting. Itachi felt slightly hurt but understood her reaction. He looked to his leader as Pein strode over to (y/n), grabbing her under the arm. Out of instinct, (y/n) sent her palm into Pein's sternum, shoving him back as she stepped away. All three had a look of shock on their faces. "Pein, I-" He stopped her with his hand. "I should know better than to grab you, given what you've gone through," Pein straightened himself, brushing off where she had hit as if to wipe away the strike itself. "You two are talking things through, I don't care if you don't like it. Neither one of you is leaving until everything is settled amicably," Pein explained before leaving the library, shutting and locking the doors.

(Y/n) found it slightly harder to breathe, being locked in the room with Itachi. Slowly she came closer, her eyes never meeting his form. She sat a seat away from him, her eyes locked on the tabletop. After what seemed like hours, but in reality, it was only a few minutes, Itachi poured the two of them glasses of tea. "It's (your favorite tea)... I know it's your favorite... Or it was last I knew of..." He spoke softly, making the tea how he knew she loved it and placed the cup near (y/n). She stared at it for a moment before, with a shaking hand, she picked up the cup. The heat from the porcelain burned a bit but helped take her mind off the situation. "It's still my favorite," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. (Y/n) quietly took down her mask and sipped the warm liquid, silently hating the fact that it was perfect. Itachi held his cup, looking down into the liquid, trying to find a way to talk to the woman he still held love for but did not love him. He finally took a breath to start, "(Y/n)-," "Please don't, Itachi..." She interrupted. "We have to talk about this, (y/n)," He told her, looking up from his tea. "Why?" (y/n) countered, She asked, finally meeting his gaze.

"Because I still love you, (y/n)," Itachi insisted. (Y/n) let out a groan, rubbing her forehead. "Itachi I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck whether or not you love me or not," She told him, resting her elbow on the table. "Why? Because I left, thinking it would keep you safe?" Itachi asked. "It's not even that Itachi, please drop it," (Y/n) told him, sipping the tea. "Then what is it?" He persisted. "Itachi, stop. You don't want the answer to that," She told him, looking away. "So everything we said to each other was a lie then, (Y/n)?" He asked, his temper flaring. (Y/n) looked to Itachi, glaring. "Don't you dare-," He interrupted, "All those dreams we had, nothing? All the wishes were nothing but words? If what we had was real how can you say you don't love me-," "It's because you look like him, okay!?" (y/n) snapped, "You both look so much like one another and all I can ever see when I look at you is him! Your eyes, your hair, your skin, all of it is the same. Itachi I wish I could see anything other than him when I look at you. I wish it could go back to how we used to be but it can't..." 

"Now can we stop talking about the things I'd rather leave in the past?" (y/n) asked softly. "Like our child?" Itachi questioned in a moment of resentment. (Y/n) stiffened in her seat, feeling her throat tighten. "You have no right-" Itachi cut her off, "No right? We had a child-" "NO, SHE WAS MY DAUGHTER!" (Y/n) yelled slamming the cup, shattering the delicate porcelain. "You became nothing to her the second you left us! I lost my child! Not you!" Tears streamed down (y/n)'s face. "I loved her! I carried her in my body! You lost nothing when she died. I lost a piece of my soul..." (Y/n) broke down into sobs. Itachi was shaken by her words, regretting what he had said. Itachi placed down his cup, stood, and wrapped his arms around his ex-lover. (y/n) was frozen, unsure of what to do. "I am so sorry for what you were put through because of me. Had I known, I would have taken you from Konaha and never looked back. I have been racked with guilt since Konan told me the full story. I would do anything to take back what happened..." Itachi pulled away, gently having (Y/n) look at him. His jet black eyes prickled with tears in the corners. "I will do whatever I can to make it up to you..." (y/n)'s eyes welled up again. There he was... The Itachi she grew up with, the one she knew when she was young, the one she fell in love with. "Itachi..." She sobbed, hugging him tightly.

Itachi held her closely, letting (y/n) cry into his shoulder. After a long while, the sobs died down into sniffles. Itachi grabbed a napkin and gently wipes the tears from (Y/n)'s face before turning and cleaning up the mess of tea and broken glass. (Y/n) felt drained from the crying and her head was beginning to hurt. Itachi made her a new glass of tea and placed it in her hands, sitting in front of her. "Can I ask you something?" He asked softly, being gentle with her again. (Y/n) took a small sip then nodded. Itachi's throat tightened. He could barely get out a whisper, "Our... Your daughter... What was her name?" (y/n) looked up and gave him a broken smile. "My... Our daughter's name was Mizuki... She was so small... Her hair was this beautiful dark silver color... I imagine she would have been exactly like you were when we were young. So sweet and smart... She would have loved you so much." She said, looking up at Itachi. He reached, taking her hand. "Thank you... Now, let's get you to sleep, you look tired." (Y/n) gave a small nod, placing the cup down.

 Itachi helped (Y/n) up, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as he walked her to the door. Itachi knocked on the oak doors lightly three times and they opened. Konan stood there with Pein, ready to take (Y/n) to her room. Itachi gently shook his head. "I've got her," He told the blue-haired woman. Itachi walked past the couple with (y/n) laying her head in the crook of his neck. The two walked past the men in the front room. They said nothing, watching Itachi escort (y/n) up the stairs to her room. Sasori was very surprised to see Itachi bring in a very tired-looking (y/n). Without a word, the Uchiha pulled back the covers, sat his ex-lover down, took off her shoes, and put her to bed. (Y/n) was out like a light, but Itachi lingered a bit longer, still feeling guilty for what he had said to her. Sasori watched the Uchiha closely until Itachi finally addressed him. "Please take care of her... She's been through a lot today." With that, Itachi left and retired for the night.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, please leave your thoughts in the comments!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 95 19
As an Uchiha your whole existence has practically been a curse, you're parents died shortly after you're birth, leaving you in the hands of the Third...
2.4K 50 13
The Tora clan has a very powerful kekkei genkai. the power to control blood and bend it to their will. Yuki Tora and her twin Brother lived in a smal...
24.1K 704 64
You have an untold past that only the third hokage, you and Naruto Uzumaki knows. Naruto is your best friend at the hidden leaf academy. After gradua...
125K 4.4K 55
"𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧. 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝." • KakashixFem...