Books And Blinds

By wp_writernim

Minho and Goeun are totally different. Minho is active in every subject, especially in recitations and actual... More

Books and Blinds
The Top Students
New Atmosphere
Ignore or Confess
Break the Ice
Sudden Confession
Should I Date Him?
This Is It!
The Wise Plan
The Early Birds
We Are Not Done Yet
Doubtful
Burning Hot
It Felt Natural
A Question Only She Can Answer
No Take-Back
Reasons
I'm sorry
Let's Have Fun!
The Trip #1
ILYSB
Back To School
Eventful Day
Busy Bees
First Touch
Quick Make Out
Lie
First Fight
A Good Morning
Betrayal
Reconciliation
Making Memories
After Graduation
Just Two Years

Graduation

780 38 15
By wp_writernim

Go Eun POV

It's been two years.

Two years have passed. And a lot of things had happened.

In two years, it wasn't an easy year for us. Minho and I fought a lot more than we did before, because of stress in school and how contradicting our time mostly.

I always run to Sohee whenever we fight. There are times when I thought our relationship will come to an end, when I thought that we are not going to fix the problem.

But having a best friend is a godsend, Sohee is a blessing to me. When my mind is clouded by negativity, she's there to clean them up.

She told me that turning two or three years with your partner is the most adventurous year for almost every couple. I did not understand it at first.

She told me that everything is just a test for both of us, to see if we can weather the storms that are thrown as a challenge.

She told me that most couples experience the worst in their relationships when they surpassed their second year together. Minho and I are nearly three years now.

I was scared that we might get tired of each other, I was scared that we might lose each other. I am scared that one day one of us will choose to let go instead of fighting.

But we often survived and overcome every situation because we chose to. With a help of understanding, trusting, and being patient with each other.

We are still together with Minho.

Aside from fighting and arguing a lot, we also hug and kisses a lot. And I think it's important, especially after fights.

Elders said that fights are unavoidable, it's part of the relationship. And I think if we don't fight then that would be alarming. That mean we don't care about each other anymore.

Also, we both learned an effective way of making up with each other after fighting.

We taught ourselves to listen with each other's opinion, convey what and how we felt and the most important part, to give each other a long tight hug and a whisper of apology.

My internship has done well. I've done well in the company I entered and they said they will wait for me after I finish my last semester.

It was an advantage to already have something, to have a path laid down on me before even graduation.

Minho's journey was even beyond lucky. There are at least three big companies that waiting for him.

I feel like the blessing both of us are receiving is too much. My life is stable, having a small yet happy family, enough food and shelter, caring friends, loving boyfriend, a healthy environment, and even kind people I met in my internship that willing to take me.

Is this too much? Or it is normal? To have everything perfectly settled.

I stop at my thoughts when the car stops in the school's parking lot.

"We are here. Quickly move." Appa said as he grabs the car keys and move out of the car. We've been rushing on the way because I am getting late for my graduation.

Yes. Today is our graduation.

I sped my walk despite my annoying heels. Appa didn't wait for me as he walks ahead. I understand, he was excited to walk me to the stage and attach the medal to me.

Yes, I did make it! With flying colors!

I saw other graduating students that are excited for this day. Appa directly went to parents' seats while I look for mine.

I found my line and went to my seat. I stick up my head and roam my eyes to the whole venue, hoping I would see the face I am looking for.

I saw a bunch of engineering students, familiar faces that I always encounter in their building but Minho wasn't with them. Is he going to be late?

I glance to the parking lot and there I saw his car just arrived. He went out with his mother. Mrs. Lee looks happy.

I watch Minho guiding his Mom to her seat, then his eyes roam around the crowd. He smiles as soon as he meets mine.

He was about to walk towards me when the speaker started with the program. He pouted and look at me apologetically. I signaled him to go back to his seat and he nodded as he wiggle his phone, implying to look at my phone.

I face the stage and listen to the speaker then my phone vibrates, receiving notification.

"Congratulations! Treat me later." Minho texted. I look over his seat and he was already looking at me, smirking.

"Congratulations to you too. I am the happiest and proudest person for you today." I replied. He went through a lot the past years and I feel so grateful to have seen him overcome them. Now, he will not just gonna march and receive medals, he will also have his speech for being the Summa Cum Laude of the year.

Despite my strengths in written works, I'm impressed he didn't ask for help in writing his speech.

He smiles looking at his phone before he gazes at me lovingly and mouthes 'I love you.' I nodded at him then straighten my focus to the speaker on the stage.

Later on, it was Minho's turn to speak and the crowd went wild. The applause is loud with gushes and whispers of how unimaginably handsome he is and the fact that he is also the smartest.

He reaches the stage and stands in front of the mic. He looks at me before he opens his mouth and started his speech.

There are only a few of here who didn't know that he is dating me. I assume that most of the students in our university knew that we are together.

Even the freshmen, especially girls raises their brows on me when they learned that I am his girl.

For past years, Minho and I, couldn't be separated when we are together. Even if I want our relationship to be private, it was hard for me to maintain it. It was hard when I have a very sweet and clingy boyfriend who's very proud of having me that he become so open and showy of his affection even in public.

Funny story, I even got into a fight twice because of him!

It's always the rude freshmen that attack me for having such a perfect boyfriend.

She looks common.
Is she really his girlfriend?
How did he like her?
I bet she seduces him.

I heard hurtful words, I've seen mocking faces, and treated unfairly by some students just because of Minho.

I turn myself deaf, blind, and numb from all of them.

Because I couldn't just talk back to the girls who attacked me, they were young and dumb for me.

Until one day, the emotions inside me that I kept holding on to grew in me that I can't endure anymore. I let out all of my frustrations and complaints to him.

I argue with him about why he is so handsome, why did he choose to be with me, why did he still staying with me? I cry to him with such petty reasons.

And do you know what he did that time? He didn't respond to any of it. He just laugh and sang me to sleep. But the next day I learned that he posted one photo of us, facing the sunset on his Instagram account without a caption.

It was simply our backs, not our faces that are shown but it was clearly understood that we are in love.

I was stunned and cried hard early in the morning when I saw the photo. I didn't know that photo existed, and I also have no idea who took it.

He didn't shut the girls in school by facing them, he shuts them by posting me to make them aware that he was into me than I am into him.

I asked him why did he choose to do that, he said that those people who hate me probably following him on his accounts. It was a smart move, less effort, saves most of his energy.

Although we have nothing to prove to these people, he still made something that fluttered me.

"College life wasn't easy. It's like a roller coaster journey for every student. In five years of studying, I have learned and realized a lot of things."

Minho's voice pulled me back from reminiscing the past events we've been through.

I am so proud to see him today confidently speaking in front of hundreds of people.

"I learned to socialize with others, speak up my feelings, sympathize with them, and most importantly, cared for them."

He glances to the people.

"Today, tomorrow and the next endless days, I will carry the knowledge I have learned in this school wherever my future takes me. I want to thank the admins, professors and staffs of Jeguk University for enthusiastically teaching and preparing us for the real world. Special thanks to my Mom who is a single parent."

Minho looks at his Mom with teary eyes. "Eomma, finally I am here. I made it because of you. This medals and recognition is for you." He said, holding his tears.

"I also want to extend my appreciation to my friends who stays with me all these years. You guys are the best companion." He turn to his friends, Kimbum and Joohyuk who are now clapping and smiling widely.

"I wouldn't also forget this special person who helped me make it. She motivates me when I feel down, encourages me when my anxiety knocks up and supports me in everything I do." He looked at me while saying those words and I could feel some eyes staring at me. "Hey babe," he addresses me, and people's heads kept turning looking for the girl he is talking about, "she's right there folks, the girl with short hair and fair skin," he pointed me, and the crowd laughs.

"To my girlfriend, I always said to you how lucky I am to have you, and I am always thankful for that." He smiles, I could feel my face turning red now. "We finally made it, we are done with school now, you can't complain anymore to me about how hard your assignments are," he reveals and the crowd giggles, "You shared your strengths to me to defeat my weaknesses. You helped me overcome my problems, and even you don't do anything, your presence is still a big help for me." He confesses, "I have plenty of words to say but I will hold into it because I saw your Dad glaring at me," he joked that, acting nervous, and this time the crowd laugh out loud, even my Appa. "But seriously," his face relaxed, "I just want you to know that I am excited to explore the real world with you." He said sincerely and end his speech. The crowd was cheering and clapping after him.

The program has ended but the gymnasium was still crowded somehow. A lot of picture taking is happening. Flashes of cameras here and there.

A lot of students and professors keep pulling Minho for a picture. I also took my time to take pictures with my friends and other classmates.

His Mom went home immediately with my Dad to prepare food. Yes, our parents have met already and decided to celebrate our achievement in their house.

"Waaah! I can't believe we are not students anymore! I'm going to miss this school." Sohee weep in front of me.

"Yah. Don't cry, your mascara will go to waste, it's expensive right?" Hyeyoung reminds her, but she also got tears in her eyes.

I couldn't blame them for starting crying. After this, we were going to hustle and work for real. Separately.

Hyeyoung would continue to study law, together with Kimbum. Joohyuk will work with his brother. Sohee already have a position in her family's company, and she was okay with it. While I and Minho still undecided which company we want to attend. We haven't talked about it, but he once said, if possible, he wants us to work in one company. Whether we differ in department or team, as long as we work in one building that would be good enough.

"Why aren't you crying?" Sohee whined at me.

"We're neighbors, Sohee. We will see each other still." I chuckled. "Let's still hang out in our free time, okay?" They nodded at me and wipes their tears.

"Let's take a picture!" Joohyuk come out of nowhere and shouted as he approaches us, kimbum followed.

"Let's wait for Minho first. Where is he?" They turn their heads to find Minho.

We turned muted when Minho walked towards us with someone we didn't see for a quite long time.

Ahn Bohyun.

He's back.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Short update. Will come back soon 😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 515 12
Outcast, dark, depressed and bullied. Kim Y/N confides in the knew teacher who happens to be a friend of her big brother who's also a teacher. At fir...
475K 21K 44
Jeon Jeongguk is the quiet smart kid in college. He always aces his exams and he never has time for parties or anything like that. Kim Taehyung is th...
593K 33.9K 74
BLACK LIVES MATTER ~#~#~#~#~#~ ℙ𝔸ℝ𝕋 𝕆𝔽 𝕋ℍ𝔼 ℂ𝕃𝕀ℂℍÉ π•Šπ”Όβ„π•€π”Όπ•Š ~#~#~#~#~#~ ℍ𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕝π•ͺ 𝕛𝕦𝕀π•₯ π•¨π•’π•Ÿπ•₯𝕖𝕕 π•€π• π•žπ•–π• π•Ÿπ•– π•₯𝕠 π•₯𝕖𝕝𝕝...
66.2K 2.2K 48
𝐩π₯𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐒𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 β—‘Μˆ ⚠️ contains mature language, smut, blood, death, mention of suicide, et...