๐’๐„๐‚๐”๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐˜ - DIN DJARIN

ฮ‘ฯ€ฯŒ dindjarindiaries

โ๐ˆ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ.โž An ex-princess forced to hide and fight for her l... ฮ ฮตฯฮนฯƒฯƒฯŒฯ„ฮตฯฮฑ

SEASON ONE
Chapter 1: The Mandalorian
Chapter 2: The Princess
Chapter 3: The Hunter
Chapter 4: The Soldier
Chapter 5: The Village
Chapter 6: Confliction
Chapter 7: The Attack
Chapter 8: The Ruin
Chapter 9: The Recovery
Chapter 10: The Hunt
Chapter 11: The Rookie
Chapter 12: The Job
Chapter 13: The Gang
Chapter 14: Domination
Chapter 15: The Scar
Chapter 16: The Magistrate
Chapter 17: The Confrontation
Chapter 18: The Plan
Chapter 19: The Culmination
Chapter 20: Salvation
Chapter 21: The Riduurok*
Ethereal (Interlude)
Nova (Interlude)
SEASON TWO
Chapter 22: The Return
Chapter 23: The Settlement
Chapter 24: The Ally
Chapter 25: The Dragon
Chapter 26: Desperation*
Chapter 27: The Crash
Chapter 28: The Cave
Chapter 29: The Boat
Chapter 30: Devastation
Chapter 31: The Mission
Chapter 32: The Layover
Chapter 33: The Revelation
Chapter 34: The Father
Chapter 35: The Son
Chapter 36: The Promise
Chapter 37: The Loss
Chapter 38: Coercion
Chapter 39: The Sacrifice
Chapter 40: The Threat
Chapter 41: The Duel
Chapter 42: The Goodbye
Aftermath (Interlude)
Desolation (Interlude)
Miracle (Interlude)
SEASON 2.5 (TBOBF)
Chapter 43: The Wanderers
Chapter 44: The Way
Chapter 45: The Voyage
Chapter 46: The Starfighter
Chapter 47: The Disillusioned
Chapter 49: The Battle
Chapter 50: Reunion*
Bliss (Interlude)
Honor (Interlude)
SEASON THREE
Chapter 51: The Quest
Chapter 52: Restoration
Chapter 53: The Burden
Chapter 54: The Homeworld
Chapter 55: The Torment
Chapter 56: The Waters
Chapter 57: Redemption*
Chapter 58: The Armor
Chapter 59: The Lesson
Chapter 60: The Briefing
Chapter 61: The Siege
Chapter 62: The Droid Problem
Chapter 63: The Investigation
Chapter 64: The Darksaber
Chapter 65: The Unification
Chapter 66: The Surface
Chapter 67: The Capture
Chapter 68: The Pursuit
Chapter 69: Liberation
Chapter 70: The Apprentice
Chapter 71: Home*

Chapter 48: The Storm

4K 134 124
ฮ‘ฯ€ฯŒ dindjarindiaries

chapter 48: the storm •••

Din lands the starfighter inside the palace's hangar with ease, but you haven't torn your gaze away from your surroundings. You had heard much about Jabba's rule here during your time on Tatooine and never once did you think you'd ever find yourself within his palace walls. Bounty hunters used to threaten to bring you there before you got the upper hand in your fights against them. That's a detail Din doesn't have to know. He'll take you as far away from this place as possible if he finds out, and you're just as eager to help Boba Fett as he is. It took a lot of convincing on the flight here just to get Din to let you assist him in the job and you don't want to jeopardize that.

You and Din make your way out of the ship with a drowsy Zora strapped to your chest. Your hand supports her head as Din helps you to the sandy floor. You're greeted by a Gamorrean guard who speaks to you in his language. The sight of him reminds you of your run-in with Gor Karesh, who had led you to Tatooine the last time you were here.

"We're here at the request of Fennec Shand," Din says.

The Gamorrean nods and turns to lead you both into the palace. Din's helmet turns to you as he sets a hand upon your back.

"You look nervous." Din's voice is hushed, an attempt to keep his words between the two of you.

You shrug and let yourself draw closer to his side. "I've just heard a lot of things about this place."

"Fett is nothing like Jabba." Din nods at you. "You're safe."

You look at him and smile. "I know."

The two of you remain silent while you follow the guard to the throne room. You're surprised to see that Boba and Fennec aren't the only people awaiting you. There's a handful of others, including a black-haired Wookie and a young group of people with droid-like modifications, all gathered around a large hologram. You and Din share a look before you step up to Fennec.

"Welcome," Fennec says with a grin. "You're just in time for the briefing."

"Great." Din surveys the room. "Are these people trustworthy to you?"

Fennec nods. "They've sworn their loyalty to us."

Din looks at Fennec again. "Then you can introduce me by name to show them that they can trust me, too." You look at him with disbelief as he offers his name. "Din Djarin."

"You got it." Fennec shifts her gaze to you. "Would you like me to use your full title for your introduction?"

You continue to gaze at Din as you nod. "Yeah." Your head turns to Fennec. "We don't have any secrets to keep."

Fennec gestures to the hologram at the center of the room. "Then you may join the briefing."

Din's visor focuses on someone in the room. "There's just one introduction we have to make before you start."

Fennec doesn't stop you and Din takes that as his invitation to go on. He guides you over to a man who wears the same armor Cobb Vanth once had, though it's been refurbished. The man has a familiar face, one you saw many times both on and off Arilia during the Clone Wars. There's no mistaking who he must be: the son of Jango Fett.

"Fett." Din reaches forward to shake Boba's hand. Boba returns the gesture and nods at him. Din sets his hand upon your back again. "This is my wife, Astra, and our daughter, Zora."

You smile at the title he gives you and reach a hand out towards Boba. "It's an honor to finally meet you, Boba. I can't thank you enough for what you did to rescue the child and I from Moff Gideon."

Boba lifts your hand and kisses your knuckles. "The honor's all mine, princess." He pauses and looks between you and Din. "Or do you not prefer that title any longer?"

You shrug and take your hand back. "I have no preference."

"Well, there is no need to thank me." Boba smiles at Zora and shakes one of her tiny hands. She giggles while he sets his hand back on his belt. "It's I who should be thanking you." He looks at Din. "Both of you."

Din tilts his helmet. "I wouldn't have my family back if it wasn't for you." He looks over at you. "We're in your service."

Boba nods with gratitude, a gesture of dismissal that sends you and Din to the outskirts of the group. You take your place just behind Boba with one hand on Zora's head and the other near your holster. You may trust Boba's and Fennec's trust of these people, but you would be a fool not to prepare yourself to protect your defenseless daughter.

Fennec walks around the group as she begins the briefing. "The Pyke Syndicate has been gathering soldiers the last few weeks."

You look at Din and widen your eyes only a slight amount. You had no idea you'd be dealing with the Pykes. Din sets a hand on his belt and looks at you with a tilt to his helmet. We've dealt with much worse before, you remind yourself. The thought calms you.

"Mayor Mok Shaiz is on their payroll and has flown off world," Fennec stops her stride and folds her hands in front of her, "which leads us to believe the storm is about to break."

"It was a scheduled vacation, actually," an orange Twi'lek speaks up from behind Fennec. He dares to take a step towards her while he lifts a cautious hand. You furrow your brow at him. There's no doubt he once worked for the mayor in question. Fennec rolls her eyes and stares at him, a signal strong enough to send the Twi'lek back to where he came from. He jumps when a Gamorrean snarls at him.

Fennec continues. "Here's a map of where they are gathering, based on whispers." She pulls up a new diagram and starts circling the group again. You can see the map clearly from where you stand. "The three crime families of Mos Espa seem willing to lay low and let the Pykes move on our territory."

Fennec joins Boba at his side. Her gaze shifts to you and Din and thus draws the eyes of many others. You harden your jaw and raise your chin as you stand before them.

"This is the Mandalorian, Din Djarin." Din looks at Boba and nods. "Beside him is Astra Djarin, the last princess of Arilia." You direct your own nod towards the rest of the room. "They're a resilient family, and thanks to them Krrsantan—," you notice the Wookie nods at that, "—we now have enough experienced muscle to act as enforcers."

"Experienced muscle?" You keep your voice hushed as you repeat Fennec's words to Din. "I like the sound of that." Din chuckles and nudges your shoulder with his.

"The Mods have done a thorough job of surveying the streets," Fennec gestures to the young group, "but we lack the numbers to cover our territory if an all-out war comes." She pauses and takes a breath. "We need foot soldiers."

The moment reminds you of another time you fought on Tatooine. You and Din share a glance. He nods and lets his hand drop back to his side as he turns to focus on Fennec. "We might be able to help with that."

The group turns to the two of you with expectation. Fennec looks between you and Din for a long moment. "You have reinforcements?"

"We could get some, out in Mos Pelgo." Din gestures with his helmet to you. "We can go right now and ask for their help."

Boba nods. "Make haste," he says. "The storm could break at any moment."

Din sets his hand on your back and eases you forward. You follow him and retrace your steps from before to make your way back to the hangar. Din's hand moves from your back to instead hold one of yours. You grin and look over at him.

"Do you think Cobb will help us?" Your voice is soft as you ask the question.

Din sighs. "He better." He looks over at you. "We'll be outnumbered if he doesn't."

You give him a nonchalant wave. "It's Cobb. Of course he'll help." When you step up to the ship, you stop and kiss your daughter's head. She's since fallen asleep, no doubt bored by the formalities of the briefing. "What are we gonna do with this one while we fight?"

"We've got a friend in Mos Eisley." Din takes your hand and helps you into the ship. "I'm sure she'll be more than happy to watch her for a few hours."

"We can't be long, then." You continue to speak to Din before you're covered by the transparisteel. "Zora can only go so long without eating."

Din looks back at you with a fond tilt to his helmet. "Then I guess we better do what we do best, cyar'ika, and make it quick."

Your lips curl up into a sly smile as you shake your head at him. "Stop getting me excited over a fight."

Din chuckles and turns forward to close the transparisteel. He continues to speak to you through the comms. "I know you love a good adrenaline rush."

You raise your brow at him. "Riduur... we have a job to do."

The starfighter roars to life and lifts out of the hangar. "I'm only talking about the job, rid'ika. Why? Are you distracted by something?"

You roll your eyes and hit your fist against the transparisteel. You can hear Din chuckle through the comms before he focuses on getting the three of you to Mos Pelgo. On the way, you pass some Jawas with the skeleton of a krayt dragon on top of their crawling fortress. Your jaw tightens at the sight of it. You remember watching Din get swallowed whole by the creature. It's not a memory you like to think back on.

The trip isn't long thanks to the ship's speed and soon it settles on the sands just outside Mos Pelgo. You smile at the sight of the town and Zora, who's since awakened from her nap, coos as she looks at it with curious eyes. "This is Mos Pelgo," you tell her. "Last time we were here, Papa got swallowed by a dragon." Your tone remains enthusiastic to make Zora laugh. "It was horrible."

Din pushes himself out of his seat and runs his usual routine of helping you and Zora down. You walk towards the town and furrow your brow when an unfamiliar man approaches you. "You want to park your starship," the man says and points to somewhere in the distance, "you gotta do it out there in the flats."

You and Din never stop your stride as your husband addresses the stranger. "We're looking for Marshal Vanth."

The man remains where he is and forces you and Din to do the same. "I don't think you heard what I said."

Din tilts his helmet and tightens his hands into fists. "I heard you."

Before you can speak up, a familiar face appears. You grin at the sight of him. "I'll take it from here, Deputy," Cobb says to the man. He nods and smiles at the two of you and waits until the deputy walks away to speak again. "He's new. Still a bit jumpy." Cobb points to your ship. "Is that a Naboo starfighter?" He then points at you and makes his full approach. "And is that a baby?"

You laugh while Din glances back at the starfighter. "That's what it started off as." Your husband turns back to Cobb and nods. He runs his gloved hand over Zora's head. "And this is our daughter, Zora."

Cobb lets out a curt chuckle. "Daughter!" He stops himself and looks at you with a twinkle in his eye. "Where are my manners?" Cobb reaches for your hand and kisses the back of it. "It's a pleasure to see you again, Ms. Astra." He bends down to meet Zora's level. "And an honor to meet you, Mini Mando!" Cobb takes her tiny hand and looks at you. You nod and let him kiss the back of her hand as well. "Or should I say Princess Zora."

Zora giggles and bubbles over with laughter as Cobb stands back to his full height. He shakes hands with Din, who offers him a firm nod. "Haven't seen you since you gave up your armor." He tilts his helmet. "How have you been?"

"More careful." Cobb surveys your family again. "Where's the little guy?"

Din deflates at your side. You reach for his hand and he takes it without hesitation. "Back with his own folk."

Cobb clicks his tongue. "That's too bad." He pauses and looks from the ship to you and Din. "I guess we all lost something we were fond of."

Din nods and shifts his weight. You swallow past the lump in your throat to speak for him. "Can we buy you a drink?"

Cobb grins. "It would be an honor." He leads the way to Mos Pelgo's cantina and you follow.

You take Din's hand and look at him. His visor meets your gaze as you give his hand a squeeze. "You okay?" You mouth the words to him.

Din nods and draws you closer to his side. You remain there as you walk through the threshold of the cantina. Din helps you to sit at the same table Cobb had tried to get you and Din to sit at all those months ago. He then walks over to Weequay at the bar and orders the drinks for you and Cobb. The Marshal has since taken his place at an open stool beside you and across from Din's.

Zora coos and reaches her hand towards Cobb. You laugh when Cobb gives her a little wave. "You can hold her, if you want." You start to lift Zora from the swaddle.

"If ya' don't mind," Cobb pauses and releases a dramatic breath as he takes Zora from you, "I'd love to get to know my new friend better." He props Zora's head up on his arm. "Princess Zora, the princess of the princess of Arilia."

You thank Din when he returns and sets a drink down in front of you. He does the same for Cobb and takes his own seat. "Technically, she's the princess of Mandalore."

Cobb, who had started to draw a sip from his drink, almost spits it back out as he looks at you with wide eyes. "The princess of where?"

Din rests his elbow on the table. "That's a story for another day." He sighs and tilts his helmet. "We're not just here for a visit. There's something happening on this planet you should know about."

Din goes on to brief Cobb on Boba, the Pykes, and the task at hand. The Marshal's brow remains furrowed as he continues to hold Zora and take sips of his drink. Zora's expression mimics his, her little eyebrows knit together in a way that makes you hold back a chuckle with great restraint. She looks just like her father.

When Din finishes, Cobb stands and walks with Zora over to the bar to get his drink refilled. His jaw is set as he looks over at you and Din. "I still don't see what all that's got to do with me."

Din leans even more upon his elbow. "We need you to lead a garrison." Cobb's brow lifts as he sits back where he was before. Zora tries to reach for his cup and he moves it away without ever breaking his gaze with Din. "Your people are good fighters, and there's plenty of credits in it for them, too."

Cobb sighs and considers his words. "The peace is intact, Mando. We took out that dragon." He gestures to the krayt's rib cage that encloses the room. "My people don't want to fight no more."

"Your town might be good for now, but it's all part of the same planet." Din looks at you and you nod to agree with him. "We need good people to step up or the spice is bound to come through these parts."

"And once it starts, it won't end," you add, your voice low.

Cobb manages a small smile and lifts his cup to his lips. "As long as I'm here, that's not a problem." He sips the drink and sets it back down. Zora doesn't reach for it this time. "So, why should they risk their lives for this Boba Fett?"

"Mos Pelgo might be good right now—," Din taps his finger against the table for emphasis.

"Freetown." Weequay interrupts Din from his place at the bar.

You and Din share a look before Din glances at Cobb again. "What?"

Cobb nods. "It's called Freetown now."

"We changed the name." Weequay leans forward on the bar. "Suits us better."

You force a grin on your lips. "That's one way to make a statement."

Din tilts his helmet at you. "Well," he focuses back on Cobb, "we fought side-by-side with the citizens of Freetown, and they're brave people, and the Pyke Syndicate has us outnumbered, and we need your help."

Cobb remains stubborn. "The town wants no part of it."

Weequay points from the bar. "That's a city folk fight." He walks over to tend to the lingering deputy. Cobb's focus drifts from Weequay to you and Din, his brow raised. The tension starts to rise, not unlike it did the first time you met Cobb.

"Is that what you say too, Marshal?" Din's tone challenges him. Your gaze falls to Zora. She's started to fuss, no doubt picking up on the growing tension.

"We're square, you and me." Cobb looks at you and then Zora. "The princesses are exempt from this." You let out an amused scoff at that.

"Yes, we are." Din lifts his helmet at Cobb. "But I didn't think you were one to back down from bullies."

You lower your voice to a murmur. "Riduur..."

Cobb releases a mirthless chuckle. "See, that's what I like about you, Mando. That big smile of yours lets you get away with anything."

You raise your brow and lift your cup to your lips. "You'd be surprised." Din's hand settles on your thigh as you take a sip of your drink. His touch almost makes you choke on it.

Din speaks to Cobb after an extended and tense pause. "There's no easy way to ask for a favor."

Cobb chuckles at that. You're brought back to the moment when the Marshal had asked you and Din to help him with the krayt dragon. Cobb releases a sharp breath and looks down for a moment. "I'll tell you what." He lifts his gaze back to the two of you. "Things are tough around here, but I'll see what I can do."

Din sits up straighter and lets the tension fall from his armored shoulders. You can feel your own doing the very same thing. He nods at your friend. "Thank you." Din gives your thigh a gentle squeeze and looks at you. "We should get going. Fett wanted us to hurry."

"Right." You smile at Cobb as he hands Zora back to you. She whines and you shush her with soft coos. "Sorry we couldn't stay longer."

Cobb nods. "It was pleasant enough just to see ya' at all."

Din stands from his stool and offers his hand to help you do the same. Zora's still fussy, so you keep a hand on her head and kiss it from time to time. "I hope this is a 'see you later,'" Din says to Cobb.

Cobb glances over his shoulder at the threshold of the cantina. "As do I."

Din nods once more and sets his hand on your back to lead you forward. Cobb doesn't follow you out of the cantina—but you're much more focused on your daughter than on him. She continues to fuss around with small whines of distress. Din looks at her and tilts his helmet. "Is she okay?" His tone is strained with worry.

"She's probably just starting to get hungry." You rock her in your arms. "She's all right."

Din's visor lingers on your daughter while he lifts a gloved hand to run over her head. Her whines soften for a moment as she looks up at her father and starts to smile. He chuckles and breaks his gaze with her when you get to the ship.

The three of you get back into the air and see that night has started to fall over Tatooine. Din lands the starfighter in Bay Three-Five rather than Boba's and you sigh with a twist of your lips. You know that joining Din in helping Boba is the right thing for you to do, but the idea of leaving Zora for even a moment is daunting. Peli's is the safest place she can be for now and you know you'll have to learn to be okay with that.

"Back again so soon?" Peli's voice greets you as you and Din get out of the ship. She sets her hands on her hips. "Did you have another kid already?"

You laugh and gesture to Zora in her swaddle. "Just her." Your gaze focuses on Din and you let his visor relax you. "We actually have a favor to ask of you."

Din nods and looks at Peli. "We need someone to watch our little one while we complete a job in Mos Espa."

"And you knew Aunt Peli would be the best person for the job." Peli squeals with delight and pats Zora's head. "You and I are gonna have so much fun, Miss Zora!"

"But not too much fun." Din points his finger at Peli.

"Oh, relax, tin can! Will ya'?" Peli waves her arms at Din. "Let the ladies have some bonding time!"

You lift Zora from the swaddle and hold her in your arms. "I'm going to feed her and then we'll have to go." You can't tear your eyes away from Zora. "We'll give you this swaddle. It's infused with beskar to protect her from blaster bolts." Din takes the swaddle off for you and you thank him. "Keep her whole head covered so people won't ask you questions. If she starts crying and won't stop, she'll probably be hungry. You can come to Mos Espa and find us." You nod at her. "But we shouldn't be more than a few hours if all goes well, so I don't think you'll have to do that."

Peli taps her finger against her temple. "Noted." She sets a firm hand on your shoulder. "Don't worry, Mama. She'll be in safe hands here." You smile at her—and something about the tone of her voice makes you relax. She puts a hand on your back and starts to guide you through the hangar. "Let's find you somewhere comfortable to sit so you can feed her."

You sit on a cargo box and Din runs his routine of setting his cape over you. As you feed Zora and Din burps her, you answer any other questions Peli has about caring for your daughter. The more she asks, the more at ease you feel. Her curiosity informs you of her deep care. Peli has her moments for sure, but the determined glint in her eye gives you confidence that she's going to take this seriously.

The time comes for you and Din to say goodbye to the sleeping baby and your stomach ties into an unpleasant knot. Din comes alongside where you're now standing, one hand set on your back and the other caressing Zora's head. His helmet rests against your head as he speaks to you in a low voice. "She'll be okay." He rubs his thumb over your back. "And so will we."

You take a deep breath and nod. "I know." Your thumb runs over Zora's forehead. "We'll be back soon, my angel." You lift her head to your lips and kiss it. "We love you." Your eyes close as your lips linger.

Din doesn't mind his audience as he lifts his helmet high enough to place a kiss of his own upon her head. "Cuy verd'ika, Zozo." You're a little warrior, Zozo. "We love you so much. We'll be back soon."

Once your private moment is over, you walk over to Peli and help her to set Zora inside the swaddle. She's careful when she lifts the battle mesh and stretches it over Zora's head. "Listen," Peli starts to say, her tone laced with guilt as she goes on, "I wasn't trying to look when you said your goodbyes, but I happened to glance over right when you lifted your shiny face." Peli gestures with her hand over her face. "You keep facial hair under there? Isn't that uncomfortable?" Peli smirks and nudges your arm. "Does he keep it for you?"

You lift your brow at Din and cross your arms. "Well, riduur?"

Din huffs and sets his hand on your back. "We're leaving." You laugh while Din points at Peli one last time. "Take good care of her."

Peli nods and keeps her hands on Zora's back. "I'll protect her with my life."

Never before have you heard Peli be so serious. You smile at her and walk with Din back to the ship. He helps you in and slides into his own seat to get you both back to Boba's palace. Your gaze remains on Peli and Zora the entire way up into the air and you look at them until they're forced out of your sight. You close your eyes and steady yourself with a deep breath.

She'll be okay, Din's voice says inside your head. You make yourself believe him.

Din lands the ship inside Boba's hangar and helps you out of the ship. As soon as he takes a moment to stop and study you, his helmet tilts in a slow motion. His visor surveys the area to see if anyone else is around. Once he's made sure you're alone, Din takes off his helmet and pulls you into an embrace. You wrap your arms around him and bury your face in his cowl, steadying yourself with a deep breath while Din kisses your head.

When you're calmer, you lift your head and face Din. His brown eyes reflect your same protectiveness over Zora, though he remains relaxed for your sake as he cups your cheek with his free hand. "I know it's hard to leave her like this, but she'll be okay." He offers a small smile. "We'll have her back in our arms soon and Tatooine will be a safer place for her and many others."

You cover Din's hand with your own and return his smile. "It does feel good to know we'll be helping an important effort."

Din nods. "We're making the galaxy safer for people like our daughter, one planet at a time." He leans towards you and gives you a kiss so soft and sweet that it makes you forget all else for a suspended moment. Din keeps it short thanks to the time limit you're on, but he adds an additional kiss to your forehead. "Are you ready for your first fight since Tython?"

You scoff and kiss him one more time before he slides the helmet back on. "That was barely a fight for me." Din takes your hand and keeps you close to his side as you walk further into the palace. "Those dark troopers were no joke."

"You're telling me."

When you and Din make it up to the throne room, you find out you're being rerouted to a place named the Sanctuary in the heart of Mos Espa. You make some small talk on the trek there, mainly about your visit to Freetown. You've both agreed that you expect Cobb Vanth to convince the town to fight, and you can only hope that they'll show up in time. Din jokes about what Cobb might say when he sees Boba wearing the armor he once donned and you laugh your worries about your daughter away.

Day has broken by the time you get to the city of Mos Espa. You've forgotten how quick the nights on Tatooine are. Your hand has never left Din's grip and you don't expect it to anytime soon. He leads you down a long street that dead-ends at what appears to be the burnt ruins of a cantina. You scoff to yourself. That's a little too familiar.

You and Din step inside to see Boba and Fennec along with two of the Mods. They turn their heads to look at the two of you. Fennec offers a raise of her brow. "That was fast." You and Din walk down the steps and stand closer to the duo in front of you. "Were you able to hire any foot soldiers?"

Din looks around the group. "We think so." He focuses on Boba. "Cobb Vanth is raising a garrison for us." Boba nods in gratitude.

Fennec stays practical. "What price did you negotiate?"

Din glance at you. You force yourself to release his hand as you cross your arms. "Free."

Boba's brow lifts. "Free?"

Din nods. "He's been holding off the spice trade single-handedly." He gestures to you. "We told him we could shut it down."

Fennec shifts her weight. "That's not free." Din steadies himself with a breath beside you. "That's most of Jabba the Hutt's business."

Din tilts his helmet at Boba. "That's what the town wants."

Boba doesn't hesitate to offer his reply. "I agree to their terms." You smile at that. You knew the man who helped to rescue you would make the right choice.

Fennec's voice is almost a warning. "There's a lot of credits to be made from that orange powder."

"In the long run, it is better for us as well." Boba sticks to his initial decision. "Mos Espa can become a prosperous city under our protection. Spice is killing our people." Boba focuses on you and Din. "Let Marshal Vanth and the people of Mos Pelgo—."

"Freetown is its name now." Din takes too much joy in making the correction. You look at him with an eyebrow raised.

Boba nods and continues. "Let the people of Freetown know they have my word."

"You can tell Cobb Vanth himself when he arrives here with the reinforcements." Din's voice is confident, and for good reason. Cobb isn't one to back down from a deal such as this.

Boba takes a step closer to the two of you. "You are confident he will come?" He looks out of the open threshold of the Sanctuary.

You nod and make your voice heard again. "We are. We helped them with a problem many months ago, and they fought well." You share a look with Din. "We're sure they'll do the same now."

Boba's gaze remains on the view of Mos Espa from here. "Well, if he does not, we are doomed." You hold your arms a little tighter. No pressure. "Our skill is no match for the Syndicate numbers." Boba turns to face the group again. "We must buy time until they arrive." He steps closer to the Mods. "We'll lockdown at the palace."

"It's a bad idea." All eyes turn to the male Mod who's just spoken, his hands buried in his pockets as he offers the commentary.

Boba looks surprised. "Is that so?"

"It is." The Mod looks from the floor to Boba himself.

"And where do you propose we wait for reinforcements?" Boba walks towards the Mod.

"Here." The Mod doesn't move.

Boba echoes him. "Here? In these ruins?" The Mod nods. Boba holds back a scoff and turns to look at you, Din, and Fennec. "Nonsense. The palace offers greater protection." Din nods to agree.

But there are other ideas. "If you want to abandon Mos Espa and hide in your fortress," the young woman—Drash, if you've remembered correctly—says, "go ahead." The four of you turn your attention to her. "We're staying. The people who live here need our protection."

Boba considers her words. He looks between the Mods and your small group. You offer Boba a nod; Drash is right. The Pykes won't go easy on the city and this ruined cantina is evidence of that. They deserve to have people standing by them through whatever follows. Boba nods at the Mods after an extended pause. "We'll stay."

You glance at Din to see him already looking at you. By staying here, you're putting yourselves in further danger, but you know what you have to do. Like Din said before, you're making the galaxy a safer place for people like your daughter, one planet at a time. Din takes your hand and gives it a squeeze. You return it.

Whatever the Pykes bring, you'll be ready for it. Let the storm break. •••

ฮฃฯ…ฮฝฮญฯ‡ฮตฮนฮฑ ฮ‘ฮฝฮฌฮณฮฝฯ‰ฯƒฮทฯ‚

ฮ˜ฮฑ ฯƒฮฑฯ‚ ฮฑฯฮญฯƒฮตฮน ฮตฯ€ฮฏฯƒฮทฯ‚

21.1K 969 58
*On Hold as I'm currently working on an original novel* Arani Jakal was not ready to be stranded on an unfamiliar planet, causing her whole life to c...
3.4K 234 14
Cressida Orion is on the run, trying to escape her past and present. Din Djarin is a hard core bounty hunter, who's still struggling with returning...
625 12 6
You want more from him, everything really.. Sum; You need transport to escape your planet and your clan. Although the man in beskar don't do this kin...
149K 5K 35
๐Ÿชโญ๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿฅ€ - "there was a feeling of inevitability when i met you. the sense that we would be together; that there would be a moment when you wou...