𝔄𝔫 ℑ𝔫𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔄𝔴𝔞𝔶...

By luvbubbah

Stripped away from her home, Hina Tanaka was taken to a parallel dimension by the newly established villain g... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Seaside Warehouse
Chapter 2 - An Explosive Discovery
Chapter 3 - Reminiscence
Chapter 4 - His Voice
Chapter 5 - Distant Relations
Chapter 6 - Your Quirk, My Quirk
Chapter 7 - Grocery Shopping
Chapter 8 - The Mall & The Caper
Chapter 9 - Progress
Chapter 10 - Don't Come Closer
Chapter 11 - Hina's Horrors
Chapter 12 - The Forest
Chapter 13 - Conflicted Resolutions
Chapter 14 - His Past
Chapter 15 - Couch Potatoes & Superheroes
Chapter 16 - Memories Preserved in Dry Paint
Chapter 17 - Alone
Chapter 18 - Lifeboat
Chapter 19 - The Golden Key
Chapter 20 - Cinnamon Latte Beside a Fireplace
Chapter 21 - Silence is Safe
Chapter 22 - The Female Alpha
Chapter 23 - New Instincts
Chapter 24 - The Death of Me
Chapter 25 - Proceed With Caution
Chapter 26 - Comforting From Afar
Chapter 27 - Forgotten Memories
Chapter 28 - Fate's Hand
Chapter 29 - Don't Come
Chapter 30 - An Impossible Destiny Deemed Possible
Chapter 31 - The Curse of the Number Two Hero
Chapter 32 - A Restless Six Days
Chapter 33 - Watch Closely
Chapter 34 - Finally, You're Mine
Chapter 36 - The Rhyming Duo
Chapter 37 - My Heart On Your Sleeve
Chapter 38 - Friendly Advice
Chapter 39 - Eyes On Me
Chapter 40 - Say I Love You
Chapter 41 - Let the Games Begin
Chapter 42 - Nakamura Enterprises
Chapter 43 - Hiding Paranoia
Chapter 44 - Black Abyss, White Gloves, Gray Skies
Chapter 45 - The Fear of Loneliness
Chapter 46 - A Compromise
Chapter 47 - I D̶o̶n̶'t̶ Hate You
Chapter 48 - Blue Betrayal
Chapter 49 - Gone
Chapter 50 - Pain
Chapter 51 - Xerox Copy
Chapter 52 - I Pinky Swear
Chapter 53 - The Cycle Repeats with Every Sun
Chapter 54 - The Island
Chapter 55 - Sunrise
Chapter 56 - That's Not Me, You're Not Him
Chapter 57 - I'll Catch You
Chapter 58 - Hidden Shadows in the Darkness
Chapter 59 - Katsuki's "I Love You"
Chapter 60 - Dynamight Agency
Chapter 61 - Twisted Patterns Everywhere
Chapter 62 - Who's That in the Reflection?
Chapter 63 - Purple Calm
Chapter 64 - Vulnerability With You
Chapter 65 - The Line Between Panic & Peace
Chapter 66 - Meeting Sensei
Chapter 67 - Self Restraint
Chapter 68 - Pupils Blown Wide
Chapter 69 - 24 Going On 4
Chapter 70 - Mini Comfort Package
Chapter 71 - The Pain of the Past
Chapter 72 - Colors Galore
Chapter 73 - In His Embrace
Chapter 74 - An Infinity Away

Chapter 35 - The Time We Fell

147 7 2
By luvbubbah

Part II

Hina can never get over the green blur of the city when nearing Midnight Hills.

The picturesque nature of all the foliage merging into one giant stroke of art has always given her inspiration for her own pieces of art. Of her own strokes of paint on blank canvases.

However, today she couldn't pay attention to the beauty framed through the window. Because she was too busy hiding herself from Katsuki's watchful gaze and shying from Midoriya's praises.

"You won't believe it, Kacchan." Midoriya said with stars in his eyes from recalling the memory. "The way Tanaka-san made everyone quiet with the slam of the door, it was like you were there in the room."

"Mouuu, Deku-kun." Hina whined, leaning back into the leather seats and hiding herself in her hands.

Katsuki smirked, glancing back from the passenger seat, his vermillion iris meeting Hina's azure one that was peeking between her fingers.

"Is that so?" He asked nonchalantly, enjoying the way Hina squirmed in embarrassment. "I can't believe Firework bought herself a spine."

"I think it was the effect of your empathy link." Midoriya mused, stopping at a red light.

"Sure." Katsuki said, leaning back and closing his eyes as he enjoyed the influx of sweet coffee swirl around him. "Like you'd know that True Beta scum."

Midoriya snorted, swerving the steering wheel to turn left. "Har har, Kacchan." He said sarcastically, and then mumbled. "At least I'm not a thick headed Alpha."

Hina belted out a hearty laugh as Katsuki snarled from his reclined position, crossing his arms with a pouty expression.

"I'd like to hear what ya said again, shitty nerd." He grumbled, purposely dialing the knob of his hearing aid at a higher pitch.

Midoriya tensed slightly, a sweat dripping down his temple. "Oh, it's nothing Kacchan." He squeaked, taking a pause when they reached the gates of Midnight Hills.

"Damn straight, it's nothin'." He huffed.

The gates opened, and Midoriya zoomed to Katsuki's house within two minutes. He pulled up to the driveway carefully, making sure to not jerk it so Katsuki's wounds wouldn't be disrupted.

Katsuki was growling with impatience ready to snap at the driver. But Midoriya already turned off the ignition, opening the door with a new urgency. The glimpse Katsuki had of Midoriya's expression made him jump in his nerves.

He followed the bush haired hero as quickly as he could, his steps light and hurried.

"What is it?" Katsuki asked, tapping on Midoriya's shoulder.

He didn't respond immediately, his stance tensing for a moment before relaxing again.

He turned around, his green eyes sternly penetrating red rubies. "Danger sense."

Katsuki's eyes widened, his muscles wound tight, and arms flexing for a fight. "Where?"

"It's gone now."

"They're in the neighborhood?"

"It triggered as soon as I turned left-" He pointed at the entrance of the street, "-to get in here."

Katsuki glared at the neck of the road. "A search then?"

Midoriya nodded, "I'll inform Koda."

Katsuki frowned, his mind wandering to a blistering day he'd witnessed Hina's grumbles and her artistic talent.

"Tell his birds to not rest on paintings."

Midoriya perked a brow.

Katsuki clicked his tongue, "his damned birds know," he groused.

Before Midoriya could respond, the echo of Hina opening the car door halted his voice.

"What happened?" She asked.

Both turned around, comically wearing the same passive expression.

Neither hero wanted to worry her more than necessary.

"Nothing," Midoriya said, waving his arms in front of him. He walked up to her, turning her around by holding her shoulders and directed her to the entrance with a gentle push. "I was just being a bit paranoid."

She knew it was much more than either hero was letting on, but she decided against inquiring. She didn't want to cause trouble. Especially after Katsuki's successful recovery. She let herself in with the spare key she had, and went straight to the kitchen.

"What would you like to drink?" She asked the two.

Katsuki dragged his feet to the sofa, and slumped on the side that had his back facing the kitchen. "I ain't having anything. I'm stuffed from the shit in the morning."

Hina giggled, filling out a glass of water when she felt the disgust channeling through their empathy link. His doctor truly was a menace when it came to eating his final meal filled with 'nutritious portions' when it was just a large serving of bland porridge.

Midoriya was still loitering at the door, his eyes soft and grateful. "I should be heading out," He said apologetically.

"Yeh you better, Deku!" Katsuki grumbled, leaning his head back on the sofa.

Hina growled softly, surprising Midoriya and angering Katsuki.

He whipped his head to face Hina, his own gnarl making Midoriya flinch, "The nerd can do whatever he wants! He's busy as hell."

She continued to glare at his head, and then harrumphed while moving her head to the side.

Katsuki clicked his tongue, "If ya wanna stay, feel free." He grumbled to the true beta, his brows furrowed as he rested against a pillow he made as a makeshift headrest.

What Midoriya didn't understand was that Hina's pheromones were raging in the room. Spicy cinnamon and bitter coffee announcing her distaste for Katsuki's angry disposition. Not to mention the flood of her disappointment overtaking the empathy link.

And poor Katsuki didn't know how to process the overload of her emotions that he succumbed to her whim. Especially knowing that when he was captive, Hina got the brunt of the empathy link, he thought letting her have her way for little things such as these, was the least he could do.

When Hina felt his self-doubt darken, felt the self-deprecation berating in his consciousness, she relaxed her clenched fist, her thoughts circling as she tried to pinpoint what could've triggered him.

Midoriya watched the two stare at each other, and after a few seconds realized something to do with their empathy link caused them to go silent so suddenly.

"Imma head out, I've got a lot of work to do with the captured NVA members." He said hesitantly, "I'll give you regular updates, Kacchan."

Katsuki broke the tether from Hina's eye contact and met Midoriya's briefly. "You better," He said deeply, slightly angrily too. "I don't want a single detail kept from me."

Midoriya smiled. "Of course, Kacchan." He faced Hina, giving her a beam as well. "I'll see you soon, Tanaka-san. Take care."

Hina returned a smile, "Of course Deku-san. Bye,"

"Bye," He nodded and quickly left out the door, closing it gently behind him.

Silence enveloped the two.

It was heavy, maybe even borderline stressful. Nonetheless, it had a blanket of comfort laced within it. One that kept the cold unease far away from them.

Hina halted her fidgeting fingers with a sigh, and peered up to meet his glare.

But his glare couldn't even be considered one. It was too placid, too compassionate for it to be glare.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled, walking towards the sofa with a filled glass in hand. "I shouldn't have intervened."

Katsuki scowled, his brows up raising up in confusion. "You're sorry?" He hissed. "The hell you sorry for?!"

"I already said-"

He stood up, reaching by her side within a single stride, with his shoulders hunched so it looked like he was towering over her.

"You got no reason to apologize." His voice was an angry whisper, loud enough for it to bounce against the walls of his house. "You hear." He bit, taking the glass of water out of her hand.

He took a few sips, the cold water trickled, dousing the temporary anger he had built.

She smiled, her shoulders relaxing with his. "I hear." She whispered, watching how he froze briefly when putting the glass on the rustic gray coffee table.

He tsked, jerking his head to the side while grumbling, "damn right you hear, shitty mate."

Hina mock gasped, her hand over her heart in offense. "I'm a shitty mate?"

Katsuki darted his eyes to her frame, a smirk playing on his lips. "Yeah you are." She squealed as he grabbed her by the waist, tossing her over his shoulder like a caveman.

"Put me down!" She shrieked, punching his back while kicking her legs.

He chortled. "No."

"Katsuki." She growled. "Now."

He stood still, not a single muscle twitching as he carried her. A second later she was brought down on her feet.

She sighed, her cheeks puffed out in annoyance. But then she was pulled by her arm and was (barely) forced onto his lap so her knees were on either side of his hips.

With a groan, she shook her head. "You're being a br-"

Her eyes widened.

Because the Katsuki Bakugo was flushed rose.

With his signature scowl, furrowed brows and fiery glare no less.

Hina beamed. "Katsuki." She cooed, cupping his face and giggling when his eyes darted to the side. "Are you blushing?"

His pair of rubies met her sapphires again, his eyes peeling wider from the question.

"Like hell!" He shrieked, pinching her side. "I'm. Not. Blushing!"

Hina jerked to the side, cackling with her eyes scrunched closed from her smile squeezing her cheeks upward. When her laughter teetered away, she saw Katsuki staring at her with parted lips and soft, mushy red eyes to match the pink complexion he wore.

Then she felt a surge of affection, of adoration—the same that she felt in the hospital—through the link as he placed a hand on the base of her spine. He pushed gently, reluctantly even, bringing her closer.

She rested her forehead on his, her smile was so big and wide that it made him want to squeeze her cheeks and bite them.

So revolting. He thought, breathing out a laugh from his nose.

"What are you thinking?" She queried, her fingers raking through his ash blond spikes at the base of his skull.

Shivers trailed through his body, a single deep sigh expelling the last of his fiery hot breath.

"Nothing," he said.

A second passed. Another.

"You're lying." Her breath ghosted on his lips.

He growled. "You callin' me a liar?" His voice was soft, malleable and assenting.

She pecked her lips on his for a brief moment. He could feel her smile on him.

After she parted, she leaned forward so her lips brushed his ear.

"Maybe."

That was the last straw.

His hand that was tangled in her midnight tresses at the crown of her head tugged her back in front of him.

She'd a moment of respite as she drew in a small, sharp breath before she was pushed forward.

His lips seared on hers.

It was hot, their empathy link burning alight with a new emotion neither had fully understood, yet, were familiar with somewhere deep within.

His other arm circled around her waist as she pulled on his hair. And as he groaned, she bit his bottom lip, stretching it towards her.

When she let go, he glided his tongue on her bottom lip, bumping their noses.

She snorted heartily, parting her lips just enough to tease.

He frowned for a second and then let his lips twitch into a devilish smirk. He yanked her hair again, this time a bit harsher. And when she yelped, he slipped in, twisting his tongue around hers.

She was melting. Again.

Like ice cones on a summer day, like chocolate in the palm of one's hand.

And the wall of mandarin dilated her eyes, the balsamic scent of sandalwood both calming her mind and yet, making her heart race.

But that didn't mean that there was nothing she could do but take what he gave.

No, it didn't mean that.

So she bit his tongue. It was a soft, mocking bite; however, it was enough to have him wince and retreat.

And as they heaved breaths, Hina glided her wrist scent gland on his nape, both shuddering at the contact even though it was a ritual both were accustomed to from habitually doing it the entire week he was in the hospital.

"You and you're shitty maybes." He rasped, kissing her jaw.

She hummed, gulping as his kisses trail down her neck. "They always manage to get you riled." She giggled when he nipped right below her ear.

"You wanna get me riled?" He asked with a dark scoff, a final scoff on her scent gland that had a small purr leave her lungs.

She burned red, hiding her face in his neck from the insinuation.

"N- no!" She spluttered. "That's not what I meant!"

He chuckled, rubbing a finger down her back and grinning as she shivered on the touch.

"I think you're the one lying now." He said, sinking into the dark gray leather.

She puffed her cheeks and pinched the skin of his shoulder.

He flinched, a warning rumble echoing in his chest.

Hina pressed her lips gently on his, parting with a small tilt of a smile. "Sorry," she shifted her legs so she sat sideways on him and rested her head on his shoulder, her temple touching his jugular.

"Don't freaking apologize." He grumbled under his breath, his arms wrapping around her as he pressed her closer to him. He rested his cheek on her head, the vanilla intoxicating his senses and muddling his mind into one of comfort, of belonging.

He took her hand, tracing the crimson tattoo on her wrist, every possessive bone in his body filled with pride.

She peered through her lashes, intently observing the sharpness of his jaw and the small stubble he grew from the past week.

"When did you know?" She murmured, her eyes falling back on his thumb resting on her pulse.

"Know what?"

"When you... liked me?"

"Liked?" He thought for a moment, recalling her quips back at him the first time they had a decent conversation. Three days after she moved in the house; the first time they went quirk training. "Probably when you didn't stand down when talking to me even when you were scared shitless."

Hina scoffed, lacing her fingers with his and holding it. "You know that's not what I meant."

He loosely gripped her hand, his thumb caressing the dips of her knuckles. "You mean when I started feelin'... disgusting."

"Yes." She laughed, sensing the exact opposite feeling of disgust pass through him and her. "That."

"Tch, always laughin'." He muttered while leaning down and inhaling her perfume, his nose a hair's width away from her skin.

Her breath hitched, her hand holding his fingers. "Katsuki?"

"Hm." He sighed, his arms curling around her shoulders again so her back was pressed to his chest.

"When you were painting outside." He said, kissing the side of her temple. "And I complimented your eyes. That's when I knew I wanted to have you. Wanted to be yours."

Hina turned her head around, her cheeks dusting pink and her eyes glossing over with affection. Her expression made his heart uncouth, the rhythm stuttering and skipping beats; it didn't help that the warmth blooming in her chest was being mimicked on its own.

"Since then? You've..." Her voice died, her throat tight with emotion.

He broke eye-contact, looking to the side and boring holes in the kitchen to not meet her imploring eyes. "Hm." His eyes darted back noticing her gulp as she closed her eyes and turned her head back. Shifting her hair, he leaned forward, kissing her where her neck met her right shoulder. "And you?" He questioned against her skin.

"Me?" She snapped her eyes open, flushing pink from feeling his lips curving into a smirk. When he tightened his arms around her she answered with a "Mmmm, I don't know."

He bit her ear. "Don't know, huh?"

Hina spluttered, trying to keep her composure intact despite him breathing down her neck. "Liking you? You're not an easy man to like."

"Why you-"

"But after grocery shopping." She interrupted, "I started liking you as a person then." A sigh escaped, her hand clasped on his. "As for those disgusting feelings..."

She recalled the warm sunny day in the shade of pine trees, the birds tittering past as both panted while training. How he tried so hard to help her and she knew exactly what he was teaching; knew even better methods of explaining.

"I think I knew that since the first combat training in the forest."

He audibly swallowed, his grip loosening as a current of disheartening ambiance pulsed through the link. "Think?"

She frowned from the saddening emotion, trying her best to showcase the positives in her emotions "I felt something different after our spar. But I knew I liked you." She shuddered, from memories of blue fires and needles prodding her skin. "It was just my mind was still muddled from the NVA."

He knew what moment she was recalling. The time where she humbled him within a handful of seconds and the first time he felt the strong pull towards her when she was under him.

He clicked his tongue on the roof of his teeth. "Shitty woman." A whisper before he asked a question he'd been holding back for seven days. A question he was too afraid, but also desperately needed to know the answer to.

"When did you know we were mates?"

Hina released a shaky breath, turning fully around and back onto straddling his lap. He accommodated her, but refused to meet her eyes, his chin dipped down into his neck to hide his expression behind the veil of blond spikes.

She saw right through him, felt right through him. Felt how his insecurities were bleeding in his lungs despite the fact he doesn't wish it to be so.

Her hands cupped his cheeks, her thumbs tracing his cheekbones, and her voice was gentle as she answered. "I suspected the day after meeting Mitsuki." She sighed, tenderly coaxing for him to lift his face with a soft pressure of her palms on his jaw. "But I was sure after my heat finished."

The quiet dragged on, their muted breaths and the hum of the air conditioning the only sounds buzzing through.

His emotions were blank from her response. And Hina was starting to worry from his elected silence.

"Say something." She pleaded in a murmur that sounded like a grumble. Her hands were loose on his face, ready to break from contact.

But then he looked up. And despite his face not displaying any emotion, his dark red eyes were so so flummoxed, so atrociously devastated with the gloss from his held back tears.

"How the hell did you notice and I didn't?" He breathed, an aborted, half-thought chuckle leaving at the end of the question.

"Omegas have a tendency of noticing the empathy link quicker than alphas." She said simply, wiping the single tear falling from the corner of his eye as he scoffed from her response. "I did the research."

He sniffled, grumbling under his breath. "Course ya did."

A smile etched on his lips after she snorted at his defeated tone.

"You didn't look enthusiastic in explaining the norms here," she explained, smoothening his comically pinched brows, "so I had to do what I had to do."

He grabbed her wrist, taking it away from his brows, and leaned forward to press his lips to hers. He extended the kiss, and when he left Hina breathless once again, he parted from her and grumbled.

"Shut it."

She chuckled softly, bumping her nose with his as she stared into those red eyes she'd always find comfort in; especially with the purple flecks at the center that remind her of soft purple lillies.

"Katsuki." She whispered, her lips curved in a contagious smile as her cheeks tint pink from her jubilance.

"Hm." He hummed, feeling the warmth burn hotter, the affection spread quicker. He'd never experienced such strength in an emotion flux from her end and it made him curious. "What is it?"

The words were on her tongue, so sweet yet so heavy, the taste died right then and there.

She swallowed them, letting them rest back in the pit of her stomach; she has saved them for another day.

For a day worth remembering.

That's when her eyes break contact and fall on the scar on his temple. And with a finger tracing the thread's width marred skin, she whispered on his lips a lie that burned her soul.

"It's nothing." 

-----

I'm baccckkk!

Sorry for the delay guys, I was completing Insanis Incendium the past few weeks and with Midterms (biochem is hell, and I have no idea I'm surviving ;-;) also in tow it was a very hectic schedule.

Just to let you guys know, I do have finals starting next week, so updates might happen every 10 days as opposed to weekly updates, but I'll try my best to keep em coming.

Love you bubs <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 1.6K 36
[COMPLETED] being bullied during your childhood days, sucked. especially for such a fragile kid who dreams to be the top hero izuku midoriya who has...
528K 17.3K 53
STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN UNDER THE TITLE OF 'it began with you'. ---- 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰. Y/n was born int...
25.2K 1.2K 90
Hiraku Nakahara had made a lot of choices throughout her entire childhood. She had chosen to live happily despite her tragic past. She had chosen to...
153K 4.7K 41
⚠️Warning⚠️ Contains Smut Omegaverse Bullying Suicide attemps Mpreg Cursing Bakugo always wanted to be the best, he believed he was the best, when h...