Oleander - Bucky BarnesxOC

Bởi Woolfhoundss

The oleander is a beautiful flower that represents love, destiny, and understanding. However, when consumed... Xem Thêm

CONTENT WARNINGS AND AUTHOR'S NOTES
PLAYLIST
PROLOGUE: JUDAS
CHAPTER ONE: DANGEROUS TYPE
CHAPTER TWO: SOMEONE NEW
CHAPTER THREE: DINNER
CHAPTER FOUR: NO BODY, NO CRIME
CHAPTER FIVE: ALL THE THINGS I WOULD DO
CHAPTER SIX: FASTLOVE
CHAPTER SEVEN: SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
CHAPTER EIGHT: LOVEFOOL
CHAPTER NINE: NUMBER ONE CRUSH
CHAPTER TEN: 505
CHAPTER ELEVEN: ESCALATION
CHAPTER TWELVE: RUN TO ME
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: I'LL STOP THE WORLD AND MELT WITH YOU
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: IMAGINE BEING LOVED BY ME
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: SPELLBOUND
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: I WALK THE LINE
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: MOONLIGHT SONATA
CHAPTER NINETEEN: GREEN LIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY: RESTLESS HEART
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: NFWMB
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: BECAUSE YOU'RE MINE
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: BORN UNDER A BAD SIGN
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: CANNONBALL
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: IF I HAD A HEART
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: HEAVEN KNOWS (WE BELONG WAY DOWN BELOW)
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: VOLCANO
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: A HEATHEN CLUNG TO THE HOMILY
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: LOVE AND WAR
CHAPTER THIRTY: WOLF AT YOUR DOOR
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: WE MUST BE KILLERS
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: OBSESSION
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: THE NICEST THING
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: BULLETPROOF
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: IN THE WOODS SOMEWHERE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: CRAZY IN LOVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: FERAL LOVE
EPILOGUE: THE GOOD LIFE
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT: TITAN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: NOWHERE TO RUN

19.1K 402 740
Bởi Woolfhoundss

A/N: I put the chapter banner in a different place because Wattpad wouldn't let me put it where it normally is, for some reason? I have no idea what's going on with this website.

Originally, there was going to be an in-person Walker confrontation, but I figured I would save that. Don't worry, he's getting what's coming to him. There's a little Andrew Scott Moriarty dialogue line/reference in this chapter.

Here's the Stray Cats song used in one particular scene in advance. You're gonna need to listen to ASAP it if you haven't heard it before. It's important for context: https://open.spotify.com/track/2SknHmwY6GiOv6aK7YRahd?si=ba84c27007cc420b

CW: Smut, daddy kink, spanking, use of vibrators, dirty talk - god, this chapter is fucking filthy and bloody lmao I need Jesus. There is also stabbing, gun violence, spitting, regular (?) violence, descriptions of blood and broken bones, aaaaaaand tooth-rotting fluff.

"Thea, is there going to be smut every chapter?" MAYBE. IS THAT A CRIME? I don't think so. Anyway, enjoy! 😏

They lay in the bed of his penthouse, wrapped in each other's arms. Her wild curly hair is splayed out all over the pillow and James buries his face in it, smiling as he kisses her cheek. She giggles, her voice still low and thick with sleep. It's the best sound in the world.

"You're amazing," she whispers, her warm brown eyes glittering in the morning light that spills through the curtain. "This is perfect."

"Even after we fought?"

"People fight, James. It's normal." She rolls onto her side and strokes his face, giggling softly. "You're so fucking pretty."

"I'm supposed to be saying that to you."

She blushes. She's so pretty when she gets flustered. He makes it a point to get her worked up just so he can watch her pupils dilate and the blood rush to her cheeks.

"Thank you for apologizing to T'Challa last night."

He kisses her.

"Of course. Like I said, I was an asshole. I take full responsibility for that."

She nods.

"What did you say to him?"

"I told him the truth, that I was rude and it was disrespectful. He said it was understandable, and that you were absolutely gorgeous."

"I'm surprised that didn't upset you."

"Well, it can't upset me if it's the cold, hard truth, peach."

She strokes his cheek and kisses him softly. James sighs softly and opens his mouth as she flicks his bottom lip with her tongue. Dahlia giggles and rolls on top of him, breaking the kiss. She hikes up the t-shirt she slept in and pulls it up over her head, tossing it onto the floor as she begins to grind her hips against his hardness. James whines, his eyes rolling back. She giggles as she rakes her fingernails down his bare chest.

"I can't keep my hands off of you," she whines.

He smirks.

"I don't mind, peach."

She's already wet, desperate for him. Dahlia grabs the base of his cock and eases herself onto him slowly, her head rolling back. James puts one arm behind his head, propping himself up a little so that he can watch her ride him with his bottom lip caught between his teeth. She's in ecstasy as her beautiful pale pink fingernails dig into his chest a little more.

"Fuck," she whines, her hips rolling back and forth.

"You're fucking gorgeous, Dahlia."

Another whimper. She loves praise, almost as much as she loves pain.

She's perfect.

"You're so wet for me."

She nods.

James grunts softly, pleasure shooting through his body. She's slick, warm, and fucking exquisite. He could die right here, right now, and it would be fucking perfect. Dahlia fucks him slowly, her body seeking its own pleasure as he feels her clit grind against his pelvic bone. She's close. He can tell by the beautiful sounds pouring out of her mouth. His hands snake up her waist, helping her out a little with the rhythm when she begins to shake. He cups her breasts, rolling her nipples between his thumb and forefinger and Dahlia goes fucking crazy. Her fingernails sink into his skin, threatening to break it. He doesn't care. The pain feels good. He likes knowing how feral he makes her.

His eyes close and Dahlia leans forward, her mouth crashing against his as she bounces up and down on his cock, whining into his mouth with so much desperation that it sounds like she might cry. James is right on the edge, sparks shooting through his body all the way down to his toes. He groans into her mouth and their kisses become sloppy and desperate, both of them alternating between moans, laughter, and animalistic noises that he's never really heard himself make before. Usually, he's composed during sex, but with her, he feels like letting go. He knows exactly why. He's fucking in love with her.

Their hips meet and crash. Dahlia rips her mouth away from his and supports herself by putting her hands on his chest, riding him as hard and fast as she can. He loves to watch her fall apart like this.

"James," she moans.

His cock twitches.

"Say it again."

"What?"

"Say my name again," he moans.

"James." It's a soft, breathy whisper that just makes him fucking harder. If he heard her moan his name for the rest of their lives, he would die happy. He smacks her ass hard and she yelps, giggling softly.

"Again."

Her eyes flicker with something mischievous and she grins. He can tell she's about to say something to work him up. It's working. He's close. Normally, he'd be embarrassed to reach his climax this fast, but she's so beautiful that he doesn't give a shit anymore. Dahlia bites her lip and moans loudly.

"James, I'm gonna come."

He could already tell by the way her muscles were beginning to twitch and the way her breathing increased. He knows her body so fucking well, and they haven't even been together for that long.

"Good girl," he praises, reaching up to pull her back down so that her mouth is just inches from his. They breathe in unison and he flicks her bottom lip with his tongue. "Come for daddy."

Dahlia's cunt begins to pulse around him and he grabs her hips as she comes. James takes control as her hands fist in his hair. She lets him use her, bouncing her up and down on his cock hard and fast until his toes point, his back arches, and he comes with a groan. They collapse, laughing softly. She places soft kisses along his chest.

"I think this is the first time we've had normal sex."

"Yeah," he whispers. "Haven't done that in a while."

She lifts her head.

"I was a little too sleepy for the wild stuff."

"Amateur," he teases.

She pinches the sides of his waist and he throws his head back, laughing uncontrollably, his nose scrunching up.

"Cut it out!"

"Oh! I found your weakness!" She giggles, pinching him again. "The big, bad James Barnes is ticklish!"

He manages to regain his composure, pretends to snarl and flips her onto her back, staring into those beautiful amber eyes. He could drown in them.

"You're my weakness," he breathes.

Dahlia stares at him, her long black eyelashes fluttering, her cheeks still pink. She licks her lips.

"Really?"

He nods.

"What did you say to me last night in Romanian?"

"I said something last night?"

He was hoping she'd forgotten that. She purses her lips and rolls her eyes.

"Don't lie, James — and don't make me tickle you again."

He's risking a lot just opening his mouth to speak to her. James sucks in a deep breath, his heart thumping in his chest. He can see Dahlia's pulse racing. She hides her fear with a giggle.

"You want to tell me something."

"I—"

"You do. Tell me."

He's never felt out of control like this before. It scares him. He wants to run. There's a knock at the door that startles both of them.

"Shit," he whispers. "What is it?"

"Mr. Barnes? You ordered breakfast?" A voice calls.

He kisses her.

"Hold that thought." James rolls off of her and grabs a black silk robe, shrugging it on and tying it around his waist. Dahlia covers herself with a sheet, watching him with a slightly perplexed expression. He winks at her to reassure her that everything's fine, but he can't stop thinking about the confession that's sitting on the tip of his tongue like a bomb waiting to explode. He swallows it and strides forward to open the door.

Ned is standing in front of him with a room service cart that's filled to the brim with things he's pretty sure Dahlia will like - and they're all pink, baby blue, or a soft violet color. Cakes, macarons, tarts, bowls filled with fresh fruit, Mountain Dew (he saw a can on the counter and figured it was hers), and a teapot filled with fruity tea because she doesn't like anything that tastes too sharp.

"You're a treasure, Ned. Thank you."

"No problem, Mr. Barnes."

He pats Ned on the shoulder and wheels the cart inside as he shuts the door. Dahlia sits up.

"It's all pink!"

"I know you like pink."

"How did you know I liked pink?"

"Well, I figured you liked color, so it was just a hunch."

She stands up, abandoning the sheet and walks over to the cart. James can't stop staring at her gorgeous body as her skin glitters in the sunlight. She leans over the cart and grabs a can of Mountain Dew, holding it up.

"You knew I liked Major Melon?!"

He smirks.

"I saw it sitting on the counter at the shop. I figured it was yours."

"You figured well," she giggles, her eyes dancing with delight. He can feel the words forming on the tip of his tongue, threatening to spill through his lips. She leans over and gasps again. "Macaroons?! Strawberry tarts— oh!" She gasps. "Look at these little teacups with roses on them! James!"

"I'm falling in love with you," he blurts out.

She drops the pale green macaroon she's holding and it clatters on the cart. Her mouth is hanging open as her eyes pierce his.

"What?"

"That's what I said last night. In Romanian." He clears his throat. His throat feels tight and his skin is hot. Is it hot in here? Is the AC working? Maybe he should go and check. "I told you I was falling in love with you."

Her chin trembles.

"Is this a joke?"

"Why would it be a joke?"

Dahlia spins around and rushes to the dresser to grab her jeans. James sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"Dahlia, please don't leave—"

She pulls her phone out and opens it, shoving it in his face.

"Read the last message," she whispers.

James grabs the phone and looks at it.

I think I'm falling in love and I don't know what to do. I miss you; I wish you were here to talk me through this. You'd like him. He's really good to me.

"I sent that to my dad last Sunday."

James blinks. For the first time in his life, he's actually fucking speechless.

"You're falling in love with me?" She asks. "I've fallen in love with you. I'm in love with you."

Their chests heave with anxiety and James gently puts her phone down on the room service cart. He walks toward her and grabs her face with both hands, placing a fiery kiss against her lips. Dahlia's dainty fingers wrap around the lapels of his silk robe. James breaks the kiss, resting his forehead against hers.

"I've fallen in love with you too."

"This is so... crazy," she laughs.

"Yeah, well, I'm fucking crazy," he whispers.

She looks up at him and brushes his cheek.

"So am I... I love you."

He smiles. He never thought he would hear those words from her, especially not this fast.

"I love you too."

He kisses her again and picks her up off of the ground. Her legs wind around his waist and she squeals with laughter her head rolling back.

"I FUCKING LOVE YOU!"

James laughs as he carries her back to the bed, setting her down.

"I fucking love you too, peach."

He pours her some tea and tosses her a can of Mountain Dew. She feeds him macaroons and they demolish most of the room service cart while they lean up against each other - no TV, no music, no phones to distract them. He lives for these moments with her, when it's just the two of them with nothing between them - literally and figuratively. Morning fades into the afternoon. They spend almost all day lying in bed, rolling around and teasing each other. James feels like a fucking teenager again. Dahlia closed the shop today, content to give herself, Kate, and Wanda the day off. She sighs happily as she kicks the sheets off of her body and stands up to get dressed. James groans and she looks over her shoulder.

"What?"

"You look so good without clothes on," he tells her.

"I can't be naked 24/7, James."

"I wish you could." He pauses. "I made us dinner reservations at Mastros."

She pulls her big sleep shirt over her body and sighs, shaking her head.

"Are you kidding?!" She laughs.

"No?"

"James, they have a fucking dress code."

"Well, then we should go shopping."

"You really do the absolute most, don't you?"

He shrugs.

"I can't shower the woman I love with diamonds, dresses, and anything she could possibly want? Who else am I gonna spend my money on, peach? I told you last night it looks fucking good on you." He motions to her sleep shirt. "I'll buy you some more appropriate sleepwear too."

She puts her hands on her hips.

"You'll take this giant Mickey Mouse t-shirt with 47 holes in it off my cold, dead body. I like looking like a trash bag sometimes."

"You could never look like a trash bag," he chuckles.

They shower and dress. He opts for a pair of those tight black jeans he knows Dahlia likes to see him in and a white dress shirt. He always keeps a change of clothes here. James anticipated Dahlia spending the night, so he bought her some jeans, a t-shirt, and a new pair of pale green sneakers.

She can't stop looking at him, licking her lips as she watches him roll his sleeves up.

"What?" He asks with a smirk.

"You're just so hot, it's actually kind of unreal."

He turns pink and motions to her new sneakers to change the subject.

"Yours were looking a little worse for wear."

She blushes.

"You spoil me."

He kisses the tip of her nose.

"Always. Let's go shopping."

"Twist my arm, why don't you?"

He winks at her and they leave the room, taking the elevator downstairs to the employees only parking garage. James walks her toward his black McLaren and they climb inside. He pulls his phone out of his pocket to check to see how much time they have before they have to be at dinner and a text from Sam pops up.

[Sammy]: Lennox got out of his bindings. Broke Steve's nose. We need you here, Buck.

"Son of a bitch," he whispers.

"What's going on?" Dahlia asks.

"Work shit. You mind if we make a detour?" He asks. "I've gotta go to the warehouse. It's a little out of the way, but I have to check on that shipment for Yelena."

"I didn't realize you were so hands on," she laughs.

He shrugs.

"Just a little."

James has his favorite knife and pistol in the trunk of the car. He'll have to grab them fast. He taps out a reply.

On my way. 30 minutes.

James peels out of the parking garage and begins to drive. Dahlia chooses the music.

"I feel like some 90s. What do you think? You listened to that shit in high school, right?"

He grins.

"You know I'm not that old, right?"

"You were alive in the 90s."

"Yeah, I was ten," James chuckles.

"So then you know Nirvana."

"Not personally, I didn't," James laughs.

The juxtaposition of something as normal as bickering over music choices with his girlfriend while he's on his way to gut Lennox like a fish isn't lost on James. She can't find out. He'll have to park a block away and walk to the warehouse. He's nervous. He rarely gets nervous heading into a situation like this, but there's a lot more on the line now than just his business. Whether she knows it or not, James is about to give her an introduction into his world.

She cranks up the music and begins to sing along as they cruise along the highway toward the warehouse in East LA. James watches as Dahlia rolls the window down and sticks her hand out. She does this a lot, especially when she's singing along to something. Her eyes close and he watches her out of the corner of his eye as she sings along with the music. She gets lost, and it's beautiful to watch. James listens to her slightly off-key voice until they reach the barren road that the warehouse is on. He stops the car and Dahlia looks around.

"This is where your warehouse is?"

"Yep."

"It's kind of a shithole. No offense."

"None taken, peach. Hang tight, okay? I'll leave the keys in the car."

"Sure," she says softly. "I'm a little nervous. Can't I just come with you?"

"I'll be fast. I promise," he says softly. James walks to the trunk of the car and opens it. He stuffs his favorite knife and gun in the back of his jeans. He pulls his dress shirt over it so that she can't see them and grabs another smaller knife for her. It's a switchblade. James tests it out, pressing the button and sighing softly as the blade pops out. This was one of his favorites until he found his hunting knife. It's so much more imposing, so much more him. But this is perfect for Dahlia. Smaller, more delicate. James slams the trunk shut and walks back to the passenger side window, knocking on it. She rolls it down and he hands it to her.

"What the fuck is this?"

"To make you feel a little more secure."

"You keep knives in your trunk?"

"Lotta crazies in this town, babydoll. Gotta be on your toes."

"I guess so."

"Press the button on the side and it'll pop out."

"Okay."

He leans in to kiss her on the cheek.

"I'll be back in a flash." James bites his lip. "I love you."

She turns bright pink.

"I love you too."

He practically skips to the fucking warehouse, making sure to check over his shoulder. She's not following him. Perfect. James ambles up, whistling the song Dahlia was singing in the car. "Rock This Town" by The Stray Cats. Catchy tune, he thinks. He remembers it well. He's pretty sure he recorded if off the radio. Definitely not 90s, but Dahlia had her phone on shuffle.

James grabs his keys and opens the warehouse door. The smell of unwashed bodies and rancid flesh hits him immediately and he coughs.

"Fuck sakes. Stevie! Sammy!"

"Yeah..."

James turns the lights on. Lennox is knocked out cold, tied to a chair. His hand is missing and he's covered in blood. It smells like he shit himself, too. There are discarded food wrappers on the floor, knives covered in dried blood, and guns laid out on the table along with some mallets and what looks like a meat tenderizer. Interesting choice. Steve is always testing out new forms of brutality.

Steve steps out of the shadows with two black eyes and medical tape over his nose. His nose and eyes are swollen, but he doesn't look too bad. Kind of like a boxer. Sam is standing behind him, his expression grim.

"This has turned into a fucking circus, Jamie," Steve spits. "Look at what he did to my fucking face!"

"Calm down, Steve," Sam whispers.

James smirks.

"You look like a tough guy, Stevie." He pats his best friend on the shoulder, who pushes his hand off. "That's what you always wanted."

"Fuck you. While you're off fucking that bitch, we're out here doing your fucking dirty work!"

That bitch? James's bright blue eyes go wide.

"What the fuck did you just call her?"

"Fellas," Sam urges. "Let's just calm down."

"No." James steps toe to toe with Steve. "Say it to my fuckin' face, Rogers. Again."

Steve clenches his teeth and hisses through them, slowing down each word as it falls from his mouth.

"While you're fucking that bitch, Sam and I are doing your fucking dirty work. Are you deaf?"

James chuckles, pulls his arm back and slugs Steve across the face as hard as he can. He hears something crunch as his fist connects with his best friend's jaw and Steve stumbles backward and falls onto the concrete while Sam puts his head in his hands.

"I just fixed his nose."

"THEN TELL HIM NOT TO PISS ME OFF!" James roars. Steve looks up at him, blood pouring from his mouth. He spits it onto the concrete. James breathes hard and Sam holds him back. "I came here to defend your honor, Stevie. I came here because you needed help. I came here to take all of my rage out on Lennox, and now..." he crouches down and grins. "Now you've made me mad."

"I'm sorry, Buck," Steve replies.

"Are you?"

"Yes." Their blue eyes meet. Steve's have a bit of green in them. James has never noticed that before. They've been friends all their lives.

"Good. Don't ever talk about her like that again. You hear me?"

Steve nods and breathes heavily as James gets back to his feet. Sam is watching both of them with trepidation.

"We'll get your face patched up, pal," James replies, reaching down to help Steve to his feet. "Sorry about the outburst."

"Sure," Steve whispers.

James takes a deep breath and looks around.

"I think Walker needs another package."

"What'd he say to you last night?" Steve asks. "I saw him getting in your face."

James grits his teeth, the rage coming back full force.

"He said he'd like to see Dahlia swinging around the pole at his club. Fuckin' asshole."

Actually, what he said was worse than that. Walker told him if he ever found Dahlia alone, he'd do to her what James did to Suzy in his office, but he wouldn't be gentle about it. Walker's lucky he's still alive. James wants to send him another message. He walks toward Lennox's unconscious body and pulls the blade out of the back of his jeans. James also pulls his phone out and dials Walker's number.

"Bucky," Sam warns. "What are you doing?"

"I'm working, Sammy. Toss me your phone. I need some music."

"God, are you gonna do the Reservoir Dogs thing again?" Steve asks.

"You want another punch to the face, Rogers?" James growls.

Steve rolls hie eyes as Sam digs into his pocket, tossing James his phone after he unlocks it. James pulls up Spotify and taps in the song that was stuck in his head. Music pours through the tinny speakers. It's not great, but it'll do for theatricality.

"Sam, wake him up," he says.

Sam strolls over to Lennox and punches him in the face to get him to jolt awake. The guy twitches and comes to. His eyes are bloodshot from sleeplessness. He looks like he's almost on the verge of death. Maybe James should do him a favor. James strolls up to him and pulls his pistol out of his back pocket.

"Open your mouth," he snarls.

By now, Lennox is more cooperative. He opens his mouth and James thrusts the barrel of the gun down his throat as he dials Walker. He cocks the hammer and Lennox just stares at him through red-rimmed eyes. There's no fear in them right now, just exhaustion. He looks like he wants to die. The phone rings twice before he hears Walker pick up.

"You ready to talk, Barnes?"

"Hiya, Walker! I am ready to talk! Actually, I'm not the only one who's ready to talk. I've, uh... I've got your pal Lennox with me. See, you didn't really respond quite the way I wanted you to when we sent you that little present."

"I can trace this call, Barnes."

"You can, but you won't. Your kid goes to Berkley Hall School, doesn't he?"

Walker pauses.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Wouldn't I?" He taunts in a sing-song voice as he pulls the gun out of Lennox's mouth and shoves it back into his jeans, taking his hunting knife out again. "What else do you think I wouldn't do? — Oh! Oh! I love this part of this song!" James dances around Lennox, the blade of the knife glinting in the light. Lennox is shaking his head, duct tape over his mouth. James begins to sing, putting Walker on speakerphone and setting the phone down on the ground. "Well, he looked at me once, he looked at me twice—" He jams the blade into Lennox's side, and rips the tape off, dancing around him as Sam steps back, staring at Steve. James spins around, skipping and swaying his hips to the music. He really feels fucking alive in these moments.

Lennox lets out what James can only describe as the sound a dying animal makes. It's raw and ragged, but his vocal cords are so shredded from screaming that it's soft. He sighs and gets right in his face.

"LENNOX! THAT WASN'T THE SCREAM I WANTED! COME ON! SING WITH ME! WE'RE GONNA ROCK THIS TOWN WE'RE GONNA RIP THIS PLACE—"

He pulls the knife out and Lennox screams louder, blood gushing out of the wound like a running river. James screams "APAAAAAART!" along with the song and the sound of Lennox's squeal. He taps Lennox gently on the cheek, his breath coming out in soft pants.

"Atta boy."

It's not easy to stab someone. You've gotta get through all that flesh and muscle. He probably did some permanent damage.

James can hear Steve laughing behind him and turns around to wink at him before holding the phone up as Lennox whimpers like a dog.

"Did you hear that, Johnny boy? Your little cretin's got quite the pipes on him!"

"You're fucking sick, Barnes. Where the fuck is he?!"

"Wouldn't yoooouuuuu like to know," James giggles. His face falls, eyes darkening. "You're going to meet with me, and we're going to renegotiate. And I'm getting that fucking shipment back."

"I've already started selling some of it," Walker confesses.

"Then you'll bring me what's in your evidence locker to replace what's rightfully mine."

"Fuck you."

"YOU WANNA LISTEN TO LENNOX BLEED OUT ON THE PHONE, JOHN?! BE MY GUEST!" James roars. He's had enough. He doesn't play games with people, and Walker has been fucking him around for too long. "You wanted a war, and it's coming to your doorstep if you don't learn to de-escalate. Is that what you want? Me showing up at your kid's school? Your wife's work? What about that little baby you've got on the side? Walker, I will take everything from you, and then some, if you don't give me what's mine." He looks at his bruised hand. "I'll even get the Russians involved."

"The Russians?"

"The Widows," James whispers. "You thought they were some kind of organized crime ghost story, didn't you? I'm surprised you didn't bump into Yelena Belova last night. I don't think you realize that it's me who runs this town, Walker. Not you, not your little piggy friends, not the Mayor. Me. I am the fucking King of Los Angeles. Do you understand me?"

There's silence. He can almost hear Walker grinding his teeth. James shudders with glee and holds back a manic giggle. The thrill of it all is coming back to him. He's in love. Untouchable.

"Yes."

James looks at Steve and Sam with wide eyes, who tilt their heads. Steve is smirking, but Sam is watching the situation carefully unfold. He's always been the more level-headed of the three of them.

"Good," James purrs. "Walker, if you cooperate with me, I'll put all of this behind us. I'll make you rich if you work for me and not against me. But if you cross me, I'll turn you into shoes."

"I'll meet with you."

"All it took was putting your proverbial balls in a vice, hmm?" He spits in Lennox's face. The glob of saliva rolls down his cheek and absorbs into his filthy jeans. James smirks at the phone.

"You're a fucking pussy, Walker."

"You give me Lennox back in one—"

James giggles.

"Were you going to say one piece? That's funny. You've gotta admit, that's funny."

He hears Walker slam his hand down on his desk.

"GODDAMMIT, BARNES! YOU KEEP HIM ALIVE!"

"Your old war buddy is important to you, huh? We'll see. Meet me tomorrow morning. 9:00am. My office. We'll hammer out the details."

"Barnes, I want—"

James hangs up the phone. He stares at Lennox, who's head is dropping as he loses consciousness.

"Buck, we can't let him bleed out," Steve says.

James tosses Sam his phone back, who snatches it out of the air and stuffs it in his pocket.

"Call Strange. Get him in here to patch this big boy up. You too, Rogers."

He draws himself up to his full height and runs his hand thought his hair. His phone buzzes.

[Dahlia 🌸]: No weirdos spotted yet 😉 How's it going?

Be out in a minute, peach.

[Dahlia 🌸]: I miss you. Is it weird that I miss you?

He smiles.

Not at all. I miss you too.

[Dahlia 🌸]: I love you. Just wanted to see it in writing.

I love you too.

[Dahlia 🌸]: 😘

God, she's perfect.

"I gotta go," he tells Sam and Steve. "I'll need you both at my office tomorrow morning."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Steve asks. "I look like shit."

"Take some Advil."

"Yeah, Advil's gonna make me look like less of a bag of smashed assholes," Steve grumbles as he pulls a joint out of his jacket pocket and lights it, inhaling it and blowing out a large cloud of smoke.

"That'll help too," James tells him. He pats him on the shoulder. "You're gorgeous, Rogers. Don't ever forget it."

He winks at Steve and saunters toward the entrance, checking his dress shirt for blood. Not a speck on him. Thank God. He can hear Sam on the phone with Strange.

"We need you here now. It's urgent, doc."

James turns around and Sam gives him a nod and a thumbs up. With a salute, James disappears out the door, whistling that Stray Cats song to himself as he saunters toward the car. Dahlia is sitting inside, a pair of big sunglasses on as she twirls her hair around her finger and pops her gum. She must have found the stash he hid in his glove compartment. Thankfully, that's the only thing James keeps in there - and his car insurance papers. He smirks at her, but he's not sure she sees him. He watches her grab her phone and take a selfie while she blows a big bubble with her gum. Fuck, she's so fucking cute. How did he get this lucky? He walks up to the passenger side window and knocks on it. Dahlia jumps, looking away from her phone and laughs as she puts her hand on her chest. She rolls the window down.

"You scared the shit out of me!"

"I told you to be on your toes," he teases. "No weirdos?"

"Oh, yeah, I was lying when I texted you. I totally shanked a guy."

James's eyes go wide.

"You did?"

"Yup."

He chuckles.

"I'm impressed, peach. You cleaned up well."

She smacks her gum and grins.

"I'm a professional, baby."

For the briefest of seconds, James allows himself to picture what it would be like to have her by his side as he ruled his empire. She could work out of his office and he would fucking worship her every minute of every day. She would be his queen. James rests his hands on the window of the car and Dahlia looks at his bruised knuckles.

"Oh my God! What the fuck, James?"

"What?"

He glances down and sighs.

"Oh, yeah. Closed my hand in the fuckin' door."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"I have some Advil in my bag."

He smiles and leans over to kiss her.

"Sure, peach. Let's get you a dress for tonight. We've only got a couple of hours."

He stands up and walks to the driver's side, opening the door. As he gets in, he spots Strange's car - a red and black Dodge Viper. They make brief eye contact as Strange steps out of the car and brushes off his dark blue suit. James watches him walk down the block toward the warehouse and climbs in the car. He turns and smiles at Dahlia.

"You ready to go?"

"Did you know that guy?"

"No," James laughs. "Just admiring his car."

She chuckles and reaches over, grabbing his right hand. They link fingers as he pulls out of his spot and drives toward the boutiques. He made an appointment for them this morning at Chanel. There's a dress there that James has been itching to get his hands on that just came in. It would look gorgeous on Dahlia, and it's just her color, too - a beautiful, pale, iridescent pink with diamonds carefully sewn into the waistline of the bodice, a high slit up the skirt, a sweetheart neckline, and a silver choker with a small pink diamond in the center to match.

He's not sure he'll be able to get her to wear the choker, but she'll definitely flip out over the dress. The drive is peaceful. He feels better about the situation with Walker, even if it took him a while to get there. James needs to regain control over the situation. It's gotten too far out of hand. Steve is right in some respects. James has been neglecting a lot of his duties running this city, but love takes patience and time. Now that he has it in his grasp, he's ready to take control over the other parts of his life. He should have been doing this all along, but love also blinds you, it makes you stupid and sloppy in some aspects. You start to forget priorities. James hasn't exactly forgotten his priorities, but he's definitely put them on the back burner.

He'll make up for it now. The meeting with Walker will seal the deal. Sharon Carter texted him this morning and told him she was having a meeting with Walker tonight to discuss the plans for Skid Row, so long as he donated to her campaign. That might not work out in her favor, but James can make up for it. He never thought he'd be spending his time playing politics, but it takes a man of immense talent to run a city like this. There are a lot of moving parts, and James wants to stay on his throne.

The car pulls into the back parking lot and he helps Dahlia out of the car. She fishes in her bag and pulls out an Advil.

"Here. For your hand."

"Thanks, peach."

They walk into the Chanel boutique and James greets the girl at the counter with a smile. James gently takes Dahlia's hand and leads her up to the counter.

"I believe I put a dress on hold," he says softly.

"Of course, Mr. Barnes," the woman says with a bright smile. "I'll be right back."

Dahlia looks at him with a raised eyebrow and he shrugs.

"Natasha sent it to me as an option for the fundraiser and I couldn't resist putting it aside for you."

"You don't even know what I like — hell, I don't even know what I like most of the time."

"I've got a pretty good guess," he chuckles, kissing her.

"You're very sneaky."

"Very."

They rub their noses together and giggle. Dahlia bites her lip and stares at him, her eyes searching his. James cannot believe his luck. She's so fucking gorgeous. He has to resist the urge to pin her against the counter and fuck her right here in the boutique. There will be plenty of time for that at dinner. The woman comes out from the back of the store holding the dress. It's even more beautiful in person. Dahlia's jaw drops.

"Oh my God."

"You wanna try it on?" James asks.

"It's fucking — sorry!" She gasps, clapping her hand over her mouth. "I would love to try it on." She kisses him over and over and over again. James laughs. "Thank you. It's gorgeous."

"Let me see it on you," he whispers. "The choker, too."

She squeals with glee and runs into the dressing room as the woman helping them follows her, James waltzing behind her. He sits in the waiting area while Dahlia slips into the change room. James checks his phone.

[Yelena]: Have you talked to Walker?

I have a meeting with him tomorrow.

[Yelena]: Tick tock, Barnes 😘

He sighs and shoves his phone in his pocket. Can he have one fucking day where someone isn't on his ass about something? The changing room door swings open and Dahlia emerges, wild hair everywhere. The dress looks stunning on her. She holds up the choker.

"I couldn't get the clasp."

"I've got it," he whispers, standing up and walking behind her. James turns her to face the mirror and gently secures it around her neck. The stone glitters beneath the lights.

"Why the choker?" Dahlia asks.

"I just thought it was nice."

She smiles.

"You're not a great liar."

"I like to see you with my money around your neck."

She gently brushes her fingertips over it.

"It's beautiful."

"You really like it?"

"I do. The skirt is a little short, and the slit is a little high..."

James runs his fingertips up her thigh and Dahlia looks around as her cheeks flush. He slips his fingers into her panties, letting them glide through her dripping cunt. He turns her body slightly so that nobody could tell what they were doing if they came in here.

"Fuck, are you always this wet?"

She nods desperately.

"I've barely touched you."

His finger gently flicks her clit as he looks around the room. He can hear voices outside. Dahlia looks over her shoulder.

"You tease."

He swats her ass hard and spins her around, shoving his fingers into her mouth.

"You know what to do."

She sucks on his fingers, licking them clean and James pulls them out of her mouth with a soft pop, kissing her hard.

"I'll make it up to you."

"I believe you, sir."

He spins her around again.

"You like it?"

"I love it."

"It's yours, princess." He checks his watch. "Come on, we'll go back to the hotel, you can get ready, and we'll head to the restaurant."

She nods eagerly and runs back into the dressing room to change out of the gown. She could have just worn what she wore last night, but James wants to spoil the shit out of her. Dahlia deserves the sun, the moon, and the stars in the sky. He'd give it all to her if he could, but dropping another $7,000 on a dress is the closest he can get right now. She emerges with the dress gently draped over her arm and they walk to the counter. She's still wearing the choker. He bites his lip, resisting the urge to practically jump with joy. Dahlia runs and grabs a pair of heels, a pale, pinkish nude color that perfectly compliment the dress. They put everything on the counter, James swipes his credit card, and the woman rings up the dress, the choker, and the shoes. She puts the dress into a garment bag, handing it to Dahlia along with a small bag for her shoes.

"Enjoy. Excellent choice, by the way, Mr. Barnes."

"Thank you. See you around, Sheila."

She waves at them as they exit the boutique and head back toward Barnes Towers. They have an hour to get ready. The restaurant isn't far from the hotel. James texts Ned to let him know they'll need a ride. He gave Peter some more time off to study for his finals and spend some time with this girlfriend. She's decided to go to USC, which means Peter will be staying here, and with him, for the time being.

Once Dahlia and James get back inside the room, they find it neat and tidy, the bed made and the room service cart rolled out, along with their empty cups and plates. James smiles and Dahlia heads into the bathroom, hanging the dress on the door. She unzips the garment bag and stares at it before looking at herself in the mirror as James

"I have to do something about my hair."

"I like it like that," he tells her.

"You do?"

"Yeah." He leans against the doorframe. "It looks like a lion's mane."

"Well, I'm glad someone else likes my hair, but I'm not sure if it's up to restaurant dress code."

"However you do it, it'll look beautiful." He kisses her on the cheek and smiles. "I'm gonna go find something to match you."

"Do you own anything pink?"

"I've got a tie," he says with a smirk."

James dances out of the room, whistling the same song he was singing and dancing along to when he dealt with Lennox. He just can't get it out of his head. It's so damn good. He pulls out drawer stocked to the brim with ties, perfectly folded. James grabs a light coral colored one and holds it up to his face in the mirror. It doesn't look bad. He doesn't wear it often, but it would compliment Dahlia's dress nicely.

He picks out a black jacket and black dress pants, and a pair of black shoes, along with another white dress shirt with some very pale pink flowers on it. He doesn't wear this one often either. Natasha got it for him in an attempt to make him dress less like he runs a funeral home, but he's a fucking gangster. He has to look tough. He can't walk into a business meeting looking like Barney the goddamn Dinosaur. James pushes a hand through his hair and goes back to the bathroom to check on Dahlia. He hears her rustling through her makeup bag. While he was gone, she shimmied into her dress and is now leaning over the bathroom counter, putting some blush on her cheeks. Her hair is tied up on top of her hair, some tendrils spilling down the sides of her face. She looks like a fucking goddess bent over the counter for him. His cock twitches and he licks his lips. Her eyes catch his and she smiles.

"Hi."

"Hi," he says softly as he walks up behind her and runs his hands up her legs, grasping her hips and pressing his cock against her ass. She puts the blush brush down on the counter and stares at him.

"You're all worked up," she goads.

"Yeah, well, seeing you like this got me thinking of some things."

"You did say you would make up for teasing me, and now we're completely alone."

He wraps a strong arm around her waist while the fingertips of his other hand dance up the bare skin that the slit in her dress leaves exposed. His lips ghost up and down the side of her neck, kissing her softly.

"That depends, are you wet for me?" He whispers.

"Why don't you check?"

"What did I say about sass?"

"I know, but it's so fun."

James grins as he slips his fingers into her panties once more. She's soaked. Slowly, he lets his fingers circle her clit and she moans, those stunning, plump lips parting to suck in deep breaths as he makes her fall apart. Her ass grinds against his hardness, driving him fucking crazy and he begins to stroke her faster. Dahlia grips the edge of the counter, whining, her hips bucking against his hand.

"Fuck me," she begs. "Please, sir. I need it."

"You're so fucking needy."

Her desperate whines only make him harder. James can feel her pulsing, aching for him. He removes his hand and sucks on his fingers, tasting her. Dahlia breathes hard as she watches him in the mirror and he steps back to pull her dress up over her hips. It's not as long as the gown she was wearing last night. The fabric bunches up a little and he unzips his pants. He makes sure she has a good view of him as he spits into the palm of his hand and begins to stroke his cock. Dahlia whines.

"I need it."

"Shut up," he commands softly.

She bites her lip and nods. James grins. She really is perfect for him. It's like the universe dropped her in his lap.

He steps toward her and begins to tease her entrance with the tip of his cock. As he pushes it through her folds, she squeezes it between her thighs. James instinctively bucks his hips, moaning softly as it slides along her dripping cunt. He can feel her clit pulsing against it. Shit. He pushes her face down on the counter and spreads her legs, giving her ass a hard smack, making damn sure that a welt will appear under the fabric. She whines. It's pathetic and gorgeous.

"Say thank you," he says gruffly.

"Thank you, daddy."

He lines himself up with her cunt and pushes himself into her, watching her head roll back as he fills her up.

"Fuck," she whines. "You're so big."

"And you're gonna take every fucking inch, princess."

"Yes, sir."

He grips her hips and begins to fuck her slowly.

"Good girl. How do you want it?"

"Fast," she whines. "Hard."

He motions at the drawer beneath her left hand.

"Open that."

She does and laughs as she pulls out a similar vibrator and remote to the one he bought her when he made her wear those panties at their first dinner. James snatches the remote from her hand.

"I'm going to fuck you fast and hard— fuck," he groans as her pussy clenches around him. "You've gotta control yourself, peach."

"I'm sorry," she whimpers. "Just feels so good."

"I know." He swallows hard, gathering his thoughts. "I'm going to fuck you fast and hard and put the vibrator in your panties. Understand me?"

"Yes."

"And I'm gonna turn it on. I want you to come all over my cock."

"Yes, sir."

He kisses her shoulder.

"Good girl."

With desperation, she gathers up the material of her dress and shoves the vibrator into her panties, staring at him as he continues to slowly pump his hips, almost pulling all the way out before letting her cunt swallow him again. James turns on the remote at the medium setting and Dahlia sings like a fucking angel. He tosses the remote on the counter, grips her hips, and fucks her so hard that he knows he's going to leave bruises. His fingernails dig into the delicate fabric as he listens to her moan.

"James! Oh my God! More, please!"

"You can turn it up, kitten." He gestures at the remote and she pushes the button, her legs almost collapsing beneath him. He continues to slam into her over and over again. She screams his name, her back arching as she grips the counter with both hands. He can see her fingertips turning white. Her pulse is racing in her throat, and her chest is flushed bright pink.

"I'm gonna come!" She moans.

"Good girl. All over me. Come on, sweetheart."

"Oh my God, James—" her words are cut off with an animalistic groan and he watches her come hard, biting down so hard on her bottom lip that when she releases it, he can see blood. She coats his cock in her slick, but James refuses to let up and slow his pace. She looks thoroughly fucked already and she still hasn't turned the vibrator off. He smacks the side of her hip.

"You want another one?"

"Yes!"

Fuck, he's not going to last much longer. James smacks her ass again and she yelps, her legs shaking. Her whole body begins to shake and she looks up at him in the mirror, her eyes wild. He completely falls apart, his climax washing over him as he crashes into her, moaning her name. He can feel himself trembling, spilling into her. They breathe quietly for a few minutes before Dahlia moans again and wriggles her body around. The vibrator falls to the floor, buzzing somewhat silently. She fumbles for the remote and turns it off. He hears her soft, gorgeous laughter and begins to laugh.

"Oh my God."

"Yeah."

"That..."

"Yeah," he agrees.

He pulls out of her and she spins around, kissing him softly.

"I love you."

"I love you too. How many times did you come?"

"Three," she pants softly.

James smiles.

"Good girl." He checks his watch. They have to be at the restaurant in twenty minutes. "Shit."

"What?"

"Gotta make our reservation," he mumbles as he zips up his pants and calls Ned. "Hey, kid."

"Hi, Mr. Barnes. I'm waiting outside."

James sighs softly.

"You're a damn good driver, Ned."

"Thank you, sir!"

"We'll be down in a few minutes."

He hangs up the phone and helps Dahlia clean up, wiping down her legs. She shimmies out of her underwear and James leaves to let her clean herself up, shutting the bathroom door behind him as he quickly changes, tightening his tie and looking at himself in the mirror. When Dahlia emerges, her lips are painted red and she looks more beautiful than ever. She looks like she should be by his side for the rest of their lives. He glances at her in the mirror as she smooths down his jacket.

"You look amazing," she laughs.

"Likewise."

James quickly ties his shoes while Dahlia slips into her pumps and they head downstairs to the car. She greets Ned with a smile and James shakes his hand, handing him an extra $200 for being so damn good. He's in an amazing mood. Things are really looking up.

When they get to the restaurant, the host takes them to the private seating area that James requested. He orders a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne, along with some appetizers. Dahlia raises an eyebrow.

"Is it a special occasion?"

He grins as the server pours them two glasses of champagne and makes himself scarce. James raises his glass.

"It's not often that I tell a woman I love her, so I'd say so, yeah."

She smiles and they clink glasses.

"I love you, James."

"I love you, Dahlia."

Dinner is easy and light. His phone doesn't ring, and neither of them are distracted or nervous. They order a few dishes to share. James doesn't feel like he has to be intimidating or aloof like he did when she first came over for dinner. She's broken through so many of his walls. There are only a couple more to go until she learns the truth. Worry pools in the pit of his stomach, sticking to his guts like tar. He takes a sip of wine to calm his nerves. Will she leave him when she finds out? He's risking a lot, and it's certainly not the right time.

He begins to forget about it when they order more wine and he watches Dahlia's face get flushed.

"Okay, let's play a little question and answer game," she says as she sips at her merlot. "Gotta be honest."

He claps his hands together and nods.

"Honest. Got it."

He'll be as honest as he needs to be about some things. Others, he has no problem telling her the truth.

"Weirdest place you've had sex."

His brow knits together and he takes a bite of his pasta, chewing as he thinks. There's a couple of places that he can't tell her about because they involve criminal activities.

"Underneath the Hollywood sign," he says finally.

"Boring!" She barks.

"Boring?!"

"Totally! Everyone's fucked under that sign. Try harder."

"A church bathroom," he says as his cheeks flush.

She gasps.

"James Barnes! You heathen!" He giggles and Dahlia throws her head back, laughing. "You've got to elaborate. I need the full story."

He dabs at his mouth with a napkin and sighs, taking another sip of wine for some more courage. He's never really told anyone this story before. Dahlia is pulling memories out of him that he hasn't thought about in years.

"I was an altar boy. I'd had a crush on this girl named Dot for at least a year. Steve dared me to have sex with her before service. Said he'd give me twenty bucks. She was into it, so... that's what we did. The worst part? The church only had one bathroom so there was a line of people—"

"NO!" Dahlia wails as she collapses into giggles. "You did the walk of shame?!"

"Well, I did. Dot managed to squeeze herself out the window, but everyone knew what we did. She wasn't that quiet."

Father Paul was furious with him. It took him weeks to even look James in the eye again. James sips his wine and shrugs his shoulders.

"What about you?"

"A Dodgers game," she says as her face turns red and she attempts to hide behind her wine glass. "I was sitting in his lap."

His jaw drops and his cock twitches.

"You really are a filthy fucking girl aren't you?"

Her eyes begin to darken and she grins. The red on her lips has faded, staining them a kind of berry color. He licks his lips.

"I liked the thrill of it," she confesses.

"Did you come?" James asks.

She nods and they both look around the restaurant. The servers are leaning up against the bar with their backs turned to them.

"I can't fuck you here."

Dahlia whimpers and sticks out her bottom lip. She's fucking insatiable. He's never been with a woman with this kind of appetite before.

"My turn," he tells her. "Where would you want to fuck me if you could fuck me anywhere?"

She leans over the table and smirks.

"Your office."

"Boring. Try harder." His voice is soft and low. He watches one of her hands disappear beneath the table and she moans quietly. James doesn't move his head, but he glances at the waiters. They're still yapping away mindlessly with their backs turned. The nearest patrons are on the other side of the room sitting near the window. Dahlia has her back to them. Their table is completely secluded.

"Bad girl, Dahlia."

"I can't help it."

"Tell me. Where would you want to fuck me?"

"Like I said, your office."

"And I said that was boring," he purrs.

"You didn't hear the rest of my idea— oh god."

"Be quiet, peach. Don't want us to get kicked out, do you?"

"No, sir."

"Keep touching yourself and tell me the rest of your idea."

"I'm bent over your desk in nothing but a pair of thigh highs and heels. You're on a very important call and you have to choke me to keep me quiet."

James guzzles his wine and pours another glass as he watches Dahlia's face flush. He's so thankful the tablecloth covers what she's doing.

"Are you close?" He asks.

She nods.

"Come for me. Your eyes don't leave mine."

"Yes, daddy."

"Good girl. I like that idea, by the way. Maybe I'll buy you a little collar and a leash to go along with it."

She squeaks softly, her eyelids fluttering.

"Eyes open, peach," he sings softly.

"I'm coming," she whispers.

He nods, resisting the urge to reach into his pants and stroke himself while he watches her come. She falls to pieces so beautifully. Her eyes lock with his and her lips part to let out the sweetest little moan as she comes.

"Clean yourself off," James commands. He reaches over to refill her wine glass as Dahlia sticks her fingers in her mouth, sucking them clean. He smirks.

"I'm so fucking in love with you."

She releases them with a pop and sips her wine.

"I love you too."

He's on top of the fucking world.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

391K 12.5K 80
A Modern Bucky Barnes x OC Story **SMUTS** TW - Lots of BDSM. Sexual content. Sex Work. Death. Violence. You worked for Mr Barnes as his secretary...
7.6K 183 19
Completed Dark Bucky Barnes fanfic 18+ Warnings- cussing, smut eventually Currently #2 for darkbucky and #2 for jamesbarnes "Maybe we should consi...
9.7K 323 26
"Life is fifty wrong turns down a bumpy road. All you can hope is that you end up somewhere nice." - Punk 57 *I don't own any of the characters excep...
264K 6.1K 62
• James leaned in to her ear "you're trouble Celeste Song" he pulled back and looked at her dead in the eye. She picked up her glass and took a sip...