Feelings (Genshin Impact Xing...

By dofuwanii

Chongyun and Xingqiu are best friends. But a school project makes Chongyun write in his diary, and things spi... More

Chapter 1: March 2nd, 12:00 PM
Chapter 2: March 2nd 3:05 PM
Chapter 3: March 3rd 8:00 AM
Chapter 4: March 3rd 3:15 PM
Chapter 5: March 3rd 6:40 PM
Chapter 6: March 4th 12:15 PM
Chapter 7: March 4th 4:15 PM
Chapter 8: March 5th 8:30 AM
Chapter 10: March 13th 4:00 AM
Chapter 11: March 15th 11:58 AM
Chapter 12: March 17th 11:00 AM
Chapter 13: March 19th 11:30 AM
Chapter 14: March 19th 3:00 PM
Chapter 15: April 25th 8:00 PM
Chapter 16: April 26th 3:00 PM
Chapter 17: April 30th 8:00 AM
A/N:

Chapter 9: March 12th 12:30 AM

556 18 15
By dofuwanii

The last few days had flown in the pressure of exams. Chongyun had gone to Xinyan's performance (his mom wouldn't allow him to invite Xingqiu) and was forced to meet with Hu Tao every week. Neither teen had romantic feelings for each other, but Chongyun's mom was very forceful.

Xingqiu's brother had come to visit for two days before leaving again. He had inconveniently visited on Monday instead of Saturday or Sunday.

Amber kept on teasing Chongyun mercilessly about a girlfriend or a boyfriend.

People were also now panicking, as the prom was coming up for all grades after spring break. In a small school, people were getting snatched up fast. Chongyun had told himself to not worry, as Xingqiu would definitely be there for him, but there was still a small, nagging voice in the back of his head.

Xingqiu was sitting at the lunch table with Chongyun. The two boys had finished their lunches and were now hurriedly grasping the last fifteen minutes to study and revise. Three more days until the exam, they were panicking.

The rational part of Xingqiu's brain told him that he couldn't fail, could he? But this did not keep the worry from flooding into his brain, destroying his concentration and thoughts.

Suddenly, a random girl popped up in front of Xingqiu. She seemed slightly breathless. "Hi...uh, w-would you like to go to the prom with me?" She asked.

Xingqiu was taken aback. Yes, he expected multiple girls to ask Childe or Kaeya, but him? "I'm afraid I'm already going with someone..."

"Oh." The girl looked slightly crestfallen (making Xingqiu rather guilty) as she walked away, embarrassed.

"You're already going with someone?" Asked Chongyun.

Xingqiu grinned. "Yeah, uh, do you want to go to the prom with me?"

Chongyun was delighted. Yes, he was expecting this, but it didn't make it less heart-melting. "Of course, Qiu."

Xingqiu's heart essentially died as it admired Chongyun's adorable cuteness. He blushed slightly and gave Chongyun a small but genuine smile.

The two blue-haired boys went back to their work. Science class was next. Another block of suffering.

***

When science was over (Mr. Timaeus was teaching 'how to make a Hoarfrost core with water and ice'), Kaeya walked up to Albedo. And asked him out for the prom.

Xingqiu listened, excited.

"Hey Albedo?"

"..." Albedo turned his teal eyes to him, to show he was listening.

"Will you go to the prom with me?" Kaeya asked, not tripping once, not stuttering, and not losing confidence. At all.

"...Yes, I would like to. I suggest we should continue this conversation elsewhere. As a certain author is eavesdropping right now."

Xingqiu cheeks tinged pink, but he managed a small wave at Kaeya. Kaeya shook his head and smirked, satisfied.

Amber came over to Chongyun. "Do you have a date for the prom yet?" She asked.

"Uh, yeah—"

Amber smiled so hard; her cheeks probably hurt. "Who?"

"X-xingqiu."

Amber's eyes widened, but they sparkled. "I thought you didn't like it when I shipped you with him?"

"I—"

"It's alright, Chongyun." Amber said. "Um, right. So...uh...I need...to ask someone out," She said, rubbing the nape of her neck and blushing.

"Do you have someone in mind?"

"Uh...yes. Her name is Eula..."

Chongyun's eyes widened. "Wow. You should just...ask her. I'm not sure. Try asking Xingqiu about it."

"Hmm...why don't I do it now?" Amber gave a quick, cheerful wave and bounded over to Xingqiu.

"Hi Xingqiu!" She said.

"Hi Amber. How are you on this fine afternoon?" Xingqiu ginned.

"I'm great! I—uh..." In an instant, Amber was blushing, her cheeks dusting a fine layer of pink. "Um...I need to ask someone out for the prom. I don't know how or what..."

Xingqiu's eyes lit up. "Just ask them! If you wait for them to ask you, it's not going to work."

"But...oh alright!" Amber said as she picked up her bag. "I'll get going now..."

"Bye Amber!" Called Xingqiu.

Amber waved and left the classroom. Noise filled the classroom as people started having conversations.

Xingqiu dragged Chongyun out after they packed up their stuff.

It was sunny outside the school, but it still had a cold breeze. "Chongyun, can we take a break from all this pressure for exams? Can we go to my favorite coffee shop? It's right down the street. They have cold lattes and such. We can get some drinks and take a small break."

Chongyun agreed, so they started heading down the block to a small café nearby.

Xingqiu opened the door when they arrived. They stepped inside. The coldness contrasted from the heat from outside, and yet it wasn't too hot outside nor was it too cold inside. Bells chimed, alerting the cashier...which was—

"Zhongli?" Asked Xingqiu, shocked.

"Hello, Xingqiu." Said Zhongli, not coldly.

"How are you?"

"I am etiquette, thank you." Said Zhongli, nodding his head.

"I didn't know you worked here..." Said Xingqiu.

"I don't. I am filling in as a volunteer for after school."

Xingqiu nodded. "Alright. I'll have a matcha green tea latte."

Zhongli dipped his head, tapping the screen of his computer before turning to Chongyun.

"...The special Frozen Sea drink, please."

"As a warning, that one is cold."

Chongyun shrugged and nodded in confirmation.

Zhongli tapped the screen with his finger. "Two thousand mora."

Chongyun took mora out of his pouch, but Xingqiu quickly stepped up and handed Zhongli the money. "Please let me pay." He said. "I invited you."

Chongyun argued but eventually Xingqiu paid anyways.

Zhongli nodded. "Thank you for coming here. I shall have your order." He then busied himself to make the drinks the two boys ordered.

Xingqiu and Chongyun sat down at a table. "How are you, Yunyun?" Asked Xingqiu.

"I'm fine...nothing new."

"What about the offer the Fatui gave you?"

Chongyun had not thought about this. In fact, he didn't even remember until Xingqiu mentioned it.

"I...forgot. I'll ask my mom later."

Xingqiu was suspicious. "She didn't tell you anything?"

"...No."

"That's...odd. But it could be confidential...I suppose..."

Chongyun made a note to ask his mom later.

Zhongli came back with their ordered drinks. "Please, enjoy."

"Thanks," Xingqiu smiled before sipping his matcha latte and sighing. "Delicious. As always..."

Chongyun cautiously tried his Frozen Sea special. It was cold. It had a special taste, something Chongyun would remember forever. It was unique to itself, sweet but a tiny bit salty. It had chunks of crunchy ice in it, but the actual drink was smooth. It nearly gave him a brain freeze, but it cooled Chongyun down just as effectively as his popsicles did.

"This is really good." Said Chongyun.

Xingqiu looked at him, his eyes glowing. "It is my favorite café, after all..."

The two boys spent their time enjoying their drinks and having small talk and laughter. Chongyun's heart grew warmer, fluttering with every smile Xingqiu gave him.

When they were done, they finally left the small coffee shop, saying goodbye to Zhongli.

"We have to go back now. Bye Chongyun!" Xingqiu waved happily.

Chongyun gave him a small smile and waved goodbye. He trudged back to his house, his soul fluttering with happiness.

When he arrived at his house, he opened the door and found his mom inside.

"Honey! You're back!"

"Hi mom." He said before dropping his backpack and closing the door.

"Something happened today." She said quietly. "I have to tell you three things."

Chongyun waited.

"First thing: I was meaning to tell you this a week ago, but I forgot. The offer the Fatui gave us was they pay us a large sum of money, and I give them the business. I'm still thinking on it...I have until late March. Secondly, I...sold some stuff."

Chongyun looked around, and indeed, some things were missing. A small table, a few books, a decorative vase, and a plant. There were probably more that he didn't notice. "Why?" He asked. There wasn't any need to sell things...right?

Chongyun's mom blew her hair out of her face. "We...are running low on mora. That Guhua clan has all the customers...This is why I'm considering accepting the Fatui's offer. And thirdly, I...I—I've been diagnosed with cancer."

"W-what stage?"

"...It...doesn't matter. I'm not going to...live...the next month."

"Why didn't you go see a doctor earlier?" Asked Chongyun, his heart beating with worry, all the warmth that he got from Xingqiu evaporating on the spot. It was now filled with a cold and hollow feeling. Something that he didn't like, no matter how cold.

"I...didn't know...I've been experiencing a lot of pain recently. So, I checked with the doctor."

Chongyun felt tears in the corner of his eyes, his emotions overloading.

Don't cry. Don't cry. But the dam broke, and tears flooded out of his eyes, pouring down his cheeks. He sobbed and gently hugged his mom.

His mom was shocked. She gently patted Chongyun's back. "Honey, please don't worry." His tears soaked onto her shirt.

He pulled back and rubbed his eyes. "Is there anything I can do?"

His mom sighed. "No, not really. But...stay away from Xingqiu. Please. The Guhua clan makes me feel very angry. I'm not sure...I have a very bad feeling about them. Stay away from him."

Chongyun stayed silent before saying, "He's, my friend."

"I'm just asking you to stay away from him." Chongyun's mom said, not harshly.

"...I'll—I'll try." Chongyun said, sniffing.

"Anyways, we might as well as stay normal, right? I have painkillers."

How am I supposed to stay normal if you basically have a death sentence on you? Tears swelled again, but he pushed it back down. "I—I guess."

"C-can I have some time?"

Chongyun's mom gave him a small, sad smile. "Of course."

Chongyun hugged his mom one last time before running up the stairs into his bedroom. He threw himself on his bed, his weight making it dip down.

He texted Xingqiu about this.

My mom's dying wish is...to stay away from Xingqiu. What am I doing!?

Chongyun gave a little shudder before breaking down into a new flood of tears, this one more ravaging then the last. His world was ripped apart. No mom. No Xingqiu. Only his dad, who he hasn't seen since last year. His dad was doing a faraway business trip and was essentially abandoning him and his mom.

His pillow turned wet as he let everything inside out. But nothing changed. Fate was still set. Nothing could change it. Not even his feelings.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 102K 96
(IMPORTANT! So im kinda editing this story to flow better and catch up with my current writing style. Ive already done a few chapters but lemme tell...
19.8K 525 12
"A short fanfic in which Chongyun starts to realize his feelings for his best friend, ones he's been way too oblivious to; and much to Xiangling's fr...
70.5K 1.8K 25
Some boy named Xiao was surrounded by a bunch of fangirls once he entered his first time in a highschool academy, but only got his attention to a spe...
173 22 9
MADE BY: @loverrei MADE ON: April 17, 2024 PUBLISHED ON: April 20, 2024 - - - - - - - - - - Hello everybody! Good morning/afternoon/evening, this fan...