Chapter 5: March 3rd 6:40 PM

Chongyun and his mom hurried out the door. The cold, biting wind soothed him while his mom shivered.

On the street was a white car that had crashed into a pole. The pole had fell over, but the car seemed undamaged.

A girl emerged from the car. She had navy hair and was cradling a pale brown...panda!? Then Chongyun recognized the girl.

"Oh...whoops."

"Xiangling! Are you alright?" Asked Chongyun's mom, brushing her light blue hair out of her face.

"Huh? Oh! Uh hi! Yeah, I'm fine. Guoba is also fine. Oh, hey, my car is okay! The groceries in the back are undamaged. That's great, I can still make cheese, cabbage and shrimp meat rolls!"

Chongyun's mom looked concerned. "Well...Xiangling...how about I drive this car to your house instead? You can stay at our house for a few minutes. Cook something there and eat if you want to, then you can go back to your house."

Oh no, thought Chongyun. Xiangling would probably force him to eat spicy food if she had time. But on the good side, I can get new popsicles.

"Well...why not! Here, let me just get the groceries..." Xiangling smiled as she gently set down her pet panda, Guoba and went to open the trunk of her car. She pulled out two bags of food.

Chongyun led her to his house. Guoba followed them. No one spoke a word as the wind howled and scratched at them.

"So...how are you doing, Chongyun?" She asked, breaking the awkward tension between them.

"I'm fine, but um, I'm running low on popsicles. Can I ask you to make some? If you have the ingredients."

Xiangling smiled. "Of course! I have mint here," She said, holding up one of her grocery bags. "And I'm sure you have water and a fridge at your house, right?"

"We do," Chongyun said. They had arrived at the door of his house. He opened the door to let Xiangling in.

Both of the teenagers stepped into the foyer.

Xiangling looked around. "It's been so long since I've been here," She sighed wistfully. After Guoba stepped inside the house, Chongyun closed the door, shutting the chilly breeze out.

She bounded to the kitchen and set her groceries on the table before reaching in and pulling out a leafy green plant with a blue top. She sniffed it before grinning with utter delight, as she often does when she's about to cook. Xiangling took a cup of water and some popsicle molds from the fridge.

Chongyun stood there awkwardly as she bounced around, doing who-knows-what. A few long minutes later, Xiangling presented him with a popsicle mold full of liquid and sticks.

"Keep this in the fridge for a few hours, then they should be ready!"

"Alright. Thanks," Chongyun gave her a small smile. Then he carefully carried the tray to the fridge and tucked it inside.

Xiangling was about to take more ingredients out of her grocery bags when Chongyun's mom opened the door and stepped into the house. A gust of wind escaped inside.

She sighed. "Right, Xiangling, your car is outside of your garage. I'm not sure about the damages...you'll have to do more research."

Xiangling smiled. "Alright, I'll take my leave then!" She grabbed her grocery bags and skipped out. Guoba waddled after her happily. "Bye! I'll see you later!" She gave an enthusiastic wave to Chongyun and his mom. gently closed the door behind her.