Chapter 8: March 5th 8:30 AM

Today. Today. The Tsaritsa wants to see me. Today.

After school, at 3:30. On the spot. And Scaramouche was going to pick up Childe.

The. Pain.

Why are you overthinking this? If Scaramouche has something bad to say, it doesn't matter. He's an idiot.

What if. The Tsaritsa had something bad to say? And Scaramouche would be watching.

Childe groaned as he shook his head, his ginger hair swaying. He skipped breakfast, packed up his bag and left for school early. He stepped out of his gleaming mansion and took his shiny grey Porsche.

Don't die.

***

"You need a girlfriend or a boyfriend Chongyunnnn," Amber prompted.

Chongyun stayed silent.

"How about...Xingqiu?" Amber asked.

Chongyun made a face that Amber misinterpreted as a 'no'.

"Alright, fine. Um, Xiangling! Xinyan? Thoma? Ayato? Or...maybe Childe?"

"Uh, Amber I'm—"

"Alright fine mayb—"

"Please stop talking, Chongyun! Physical health is very important!" Shouted Mr. Huffman.

That's not fair! Amber was also talking...

Mr. Huffman didn't seem to have noticed Amber talking, and thought it was just Chongyun bugging Amber.

Chongyun sighed and shoved his feelings away. He must not get angry, or else his Yang energy would act up.

After a while, Mr. Huffman made them play basketball. Chongyun groaned as the thundering of dribbling basketballs overtook the gym when he took a basketball. Xingqiu was doing Social Studies as he did PE.

Fischl and Razor were in a corner together, practicing shooting into a net. Bennett was not in this class. Yae Miko and Eula were lazily dribbling their basketballs while talking. Amber had run over to Yoimiya and Yanfei while Mona was sitting on a bench, not doing basketball at all. Venti ran all around the place, annoying people. Albedo seemed to be studying the area around him and his basketball.

The most noticeable group of people were clearly Childe, Kaeya, Gorou and Tomo. They practiced basketball a lot and were now playing a game, two on two. Chongyun awkwardly dribbled his basketball. He was never good at basketball and was unwilling to learn. He wasn't crazy tall nor was he super athletic.

Hm.

***

"Hey Yunyun~" A voice came.

Chongyun blushed as Xingqiu took his arm and dragged them to the park nearby. The park where he and Thoma sat. Xingqiu walked over to a bench and patted the space beside him. Chongyun sat down. "Um, so, why are we sitting down...?"

Xingqiu didn't respond. Instead, he reached into his backpack and pulled out his black phone—wait—

Xingqiu grinned. "Firstly, I got a new phone case! Isn't it cute?"

The phone case was pink with chibi anime characters on it. It made Chongyun smile. "Everything you have is cute," Said Chongyun.

Xingqiu's cheeks tinged pink. "And secondly, I have a video I have to show you."

Xingqiu held his phone up and Chongyun curiously looked at it, his chin touching Xingqiu's shoulders. Xingqiu's hair smelled like the soft perfume of silk flowers.