I Wanna Be Yours (Jean Kirste...

By 3mooie

{Jean Kirstein x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful own... More

Two (2) - A Sudden Visitor
Three (3) - Who is Y/n's Crush?
Four (4) - Lost Stars
Five (5) - Stolen First Kiss
Six (6) - Scout Veterans
Seven (7) - Leave
Eight (8) - Boyfriend
Nine (9) - Don't Die
Ten (10) - Battle of Trost Arc
Eleven (11) - Battle of Trost Arc (II)
Twelve (12) - Battle of Trost Arc (III)
Thirteen (13) - Wings of Freedom
Fourteen (14) - The Right Person
Fifteen (15) - Monster
If AoT had Twitter ft. Y/n and Payne
If AoT had Twitter ft. Y/n and Payne (2)
Sixteen (16) - Trust
Seventeen (17) - Her Question
Eighteen (18) - The 57th Expedition
Nineteen (19) - The 57th Expedition (II)
Twenty (20) - Raid in Stohess
Twenty-One (21) - Raid in Stohess (II)
Twenty-Two (22) - How To Let Go
Twenty-Three (23) - Utgard Castle
Twenty-Four (24) - Beast Titan
Twenty-Five (25) - Traitors
Twenty-Six (26) - Over
Twenty-Seven (27) - The Mission to Retrieve Eren
Twenty-Eight (28) - The Mission To Retrieve Eren (II)
Twenty-Nine (29) - The Mission To Retrieve Eren (III)
Thirty (30)
Thirty-One (31) - Important
Thirty-Two (32) - Family
Thirty-Three (33) - Overthrow
Thirty-Four (34) - Coup d'état
Thirty-Five (35) - Interior Police
Thirty-Six (36) - Royal Family
Thirty-Seven (37) - Make You Feel My Love
Thirty-Eight (38) - Kenny Ackerman
Thirty-Nine (39)
Forty (40) - Betrayal
Forty-One (41) - The Truth
Forty-Two (42) - Forget
Forty-Three (43) - Pain
Forty-Four (44) - Massacred
Forty-Five (45) - Revenge
Forty-Six (46) - At Death's Door
Forty-Seven (47) - Perfect Dream
Forty-Eight (48) - Stay Here
Forty-Nine (49) - Vulnerable
Fifty (50) - Under The Moonlight
Fifty-One (51) - The Reclamation of Wall Maria
Fifty-Two (52) - The Reclamation of Wall Maria (II)
Fifty-Three (53) - Denial and Anger
Fifty-Four (54) - Just Accept It
Fifty-Five (55) - Subjects of Ymir
Fifty-Six (56) - I Wanna Be Yours
To My Dearest Readers...
Sequel of I Wanna Be Yours

One (1) - Just His Friend

6K 125 144
By 3mooie

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,165 words}

A/n: This is a Jean Kirstein x Fem! Reader fanfiction, which means you'll be Y/n, but your last name is chosen by me, though your appearance is still based on you. Also, your parents here are my OC's. I don't really want to drag your parents into this story, because it might not be appropriate.

- Year 847 -

Y/n looked up and smiled upon seeing the clear skies. The weather for today is great and refreshing which Y/n is so thankful for because today's the day of her enlistment in the cadet corps.

It's still early but Y/n already left her house, carrying her two bags full of her things and her guitar that is fully covered with it's customized bag.

The reason why Y/n is still not going to the cadet corps is because she's waiting for her best friend, Jean.

They agreed to meet up in front of their favorite beanery and have breakfast first before enlisting.

"Hey, idiot."

Y/n almost jumped out of shock when someone grabbed her shoulder. She looked back and frowned upon seeing Jean. Just like her, he's also carrying two bags. "You scared me!" Y/n said.

Jean just smirked at her. He took Y/n's hand bag and her guitar to carry it for her. Y/n smiled because of Jean's gallant actions. He can be an asshole sometimes but he's a kind man. Y/n thought whilst she stare at Jean.

"C'mon. Let's have breakfast." Jean said and went inside of the beanery.

Y/n quickly followed behind him. They sat on their usual spot. A table for two person near a small window.

A waitress went over to their table to take their orders. Jean was the one who ordered for the both of them.

Y/n was staring at Jean while she speaks to the waitress. She can't help but admire Jean's side-profile. The young man has a long face, but his jaw is perfectly shaped even at such a young age, his nose is pointy, and his lips are small. His eyeslashes are long, and when you look at his small brown eyes, his stares are pretty intense.

Y/n slapped herself to stop herself from staring at Jean too much.

Oh My Walls...Stop staring at him or else you'll actually be busted!

Y/n thought.

Jean looked at Y/n, his brows furrowed upon seeing Y/n gently slapping her cheeks. "What are you doing? Are you sleepy?" Jean asked.

"Huh...? What? Why am I sleepy?" Y/n asked in confusion.

Jean crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned on the back rest of his chair. "You're slapping yourself."

Y/n stopped and cupped her own cheeks. She stared at Jean for a few moments, dumbfounded. A small laugh came out from Jean's mouth.

"You look like an idiot." Jean said.

Y/n frowned. She picked up a tissue on the side and crampled it, then she threw it to Jean who just laughed as he dodged. Y/n wanted to stay pissed off at Jean, but she can never do that.

She's too in love with her best friend to feel pissed off towards him.

Hell, she can't even get mad at him.

Y/n is weak for Jean.

Her weakness is Jean Kirstein.

"Whatever. I hate you." Y/n said. She rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue

Jean stopped laughing. He suddenly became serious as he stares at Y/n.

"So...why did you want to join the cadet corps and become a soldier? Didn't you say you want to become a (dream job) and live a normal life?" Jean asked in a serious tone.

Y/n gulped. She scoffed and looked away from Jean. I want to be with you. "I just want to....And becoming an MP is not a bad idea...I get to live a confortable life in the interior..." with you... "That's my reason." Y/n said.

Jean's lips curved up into a cocky smirk. "That's what I thought! We really are best friends! We both want to live comfortably!" Jean said.

Y/n's lips quirked.

Best friends...yeah...that's what we are. Y/n thought.

She just let Jean with his happy reasoning of wanting to become a military police. After all, seeing him happy and excited, makes her happy and excited, too.

If you'll join the MPB, I'll join, too. If you'll join the Garrison, I'll join, too. If you join the survey corps, I'll join, too.

Wherever you go, I'll follow you.

Because I don't want to be away from you. I'll follow you, Jean. I will protect you. I will take care of you.

I will only leave you, if you tell me to.

Their breakfast was served. Jean kept on talking about his plans after he graduates in the military and joins the MPB. Y/n only listened to him while she's eating her breakfast.

She loves listening to Jean, even if he says the most nonsense shit ever. Even if he says the most dumb things, she'll whole-heartedly listen to him

Also, because she loves hearing Jean's voice. Especially when he talks about himself, his dreams and when he rants to her. But she loves it even more when he calls her name.

"Y/n, do your best to get into the top 10, okay? So we can graduate together with a top and join the military police brigade." Jean said.

Y/n smiled. "Mhm..." she hummed and nod her head. Y/n just looked at her plate. She pout a bit upon realizing that she already finished her bread.

Her brows shot-up when Jean suddenly put his bread on her plate. She looked at Jean and was about to protest but..."I'm not that hungry." Jean said and just ate his omelette.

Y/n didn't protest anymore. She smiled and picked up Jean's bread. She happily took a big bite on it.

"Thank you, Jean-boy!" Y/n said.

Jean frowned. "Stop calling me that!"

"Okay, Jean-boy!" Y/n said.

Jean frowned even more. He snatched his bread back from Y/n making Y/n to laugh. The bread's already half. He put it all inside his mouth making Y/n frown. "You gave it to me already!"

Jean rolled his eyes as he continuesly chewed on his bread then swallowed it. "It's your fault. You called me by that lame, gross nickname." Jean said.

Y/n's mouth slight-opened. "Lame? Gross? I think it's cute. Especially your mother was the one who gave you that nickname!" Y/n said.

Jean let out a small groan. "Just shut up and eat your food." Jean said.

Y/n smirked and shook her head.

He's a mama's boy. Y/n thought.

"By the way...what did your father said about you joining the military?" Jean asked.

Y/n who was just about to drink on her coffee suddenly stopped. She stared at her cup and then sighed.

"You know how he is...he likes to decide for me. Of course, he wasn't happy about it. That old man wants me to follow my mother's footsteps as a musician, but his daughter became a rebellious kid who suddenly wanted to join the military and disobeyed his orders. Heh...he told me to never come home again." Y/n calmly said.

Jean's jaw dropped. He stared at Y/n with much disbelief. "What? Are you kidding me? Wait...how can you stay so calm even after your father just told you to never come back home again? Are you okay?" Jean asked.

Y/n chuckled. No, I'm not okay. "I'm okay. And what should I do then? Sulk here because it seems like my old man disowned me?" Y/n said.

She smirked and picked up her coffee. Y/n sipped on her coffee then sighed. "I don't want to become musician. So I also took this opportunity to join the military to escape from my father's wishes." Y/n said in a serious tone.

Jean let out a deep sigh.

"Seriously, when will you reconcile with your dad? You have been in bad terms with him since we're 7 years old. You used to be such a daddy's girl. Don't you miss your bonding with your father?" Jean said.

Y/n's face became gloomy. But she was able to put on a fake smile. "It's time, Jean. We should go." Y/n said.

She drank all coffee and then stood up. Y/n picked up her bags and guitar. The h/c girl left first, Jean watched Y/n leave. He sighed once again. Jean stood up and took out money from his pocket. He left it on the tabls.

He picked up his bags and followed
Y/n outside. Jean stopped upon seeing Y/n staring at a middle-aged man carrying his 5-year-old daughter.

He can see the longing on Y/n's eyes. He imagines reading words on Y/n's face like. "I miss dad.", "We were like that, too.", "I hope I could go back time where dad and I are still fine." Jean could only sigh. He held Y/n's hand making Y/n to look at him.

The slight blush on Y/n's cheeks didn't escape his gaze, though he didn't give any malice on it. He's dense like that.

"Let's go." Jean said and pulled
Y/n with him. This girl and her strong, reigning daddy issues...Jean thought.

"Hey. Maggot."

Instructor Shadis stopped in front of a small blond boy with blue eyes.

"Sir!" The blond-boy saluted.

"What's your name, maggot?!" Instructor Shadis asked.

"Armin Arlert of Shiganshina district, sir!!" Armin said.

Instructor Shadis leaned closer to Armin and stared at him straight in the eye. "Is that right?! What a dumb name! Your parents give it to you?!"

"My grandfather did, sir!!" Armin said

"Arlert! What the hell did you come here for?!" Shadis asked.

"To make myself useful in the struggle for humanity's victory, sir!!"

"Well, that's mighty admirable!" Instructor Shadis grabbed Armin's head. "I think I'm gonna make you titan chow, maggot!" He said and he forcibly turned Armin around.

"Row 3, turn around!" Shadis said.

Instructor Shadis went to the other cadet trainees until he arrived in the row where Jean and Y/n are lined up.

Y/n pursued her lips when Shadis stopped in front of Jean. "What's your name, maggot?!" Shadis asked Jean.

Jean saluted at Shadis. "Jean Kirstein from Trost district, sir!!" Jean said.

"What did you come here for?!"

Jean was take a back by the question, then he slowly smiled. "To get into the military police brigade...and live in the interior, sir." Jean proudly said.

Y/n wanted to face-palmed because of Jean's answer. Being honest is nice and this idiot is too much of an honest person that it feels stupid already...

"I see! You want to get into the interior, do you?!" Shadis said.

"Yes, sir!" Jean said.

Instructor Shadis suddenly head-butted Jean making Y/n to smile.

Jean groaned as he held his forehead and fell on his butt on the ground.

"Hey! Who gave you permission to sit down?! You think someone who folds here is gonna be allowed into the MPB?!" Shadis asked. He let out an annoyed grumble then walked out.

Y/n became stiff and serious when Shadis stopped right in front of her.

"Who are you, maggot?!" Shadis asked. Y/n saluted at Shadis.

"Y/n Heinrich of Trost district, sir!"

"What did you come here for, Heinrich?!" Shadis asked Y/n.

Y/n was taken a back by Shadis' question. For someone... "To get into the military police brigade and bring change to the corrupt system in their regiment and the government, sir!"

Shadis' brows shot-up after hearing what Y/n said. Jean covered his mouth to stop himself from laughing. Jean thinks that Y/n is so good at lying.

"I see..." Shadis said. He stared at Y/n who didn't dare to stare back at him.

Shadis then walked out without saying anything else to Y/n.

Y/n let out a sigh of relief. That was a lie...but I guess he believed it...and also, I won't mind really doing that when I join the MPB. Y/n thought to herself.

Y/n looked at Jean. She raised a brow upon seeing him staring at her with a teasing look. Jean gave her a you're-so-good-at-lying-and-pretending-look.

Y/n gave Jean a shut-the-hell-up-Jean-boy-look. Jean smirked and looked away. Y/n just rolled her eyes at Jean.

Shadis stopped in front of a boy with dark hair and light freckles on both of his cheeks. "What's your name, maggot?!" Instructor Shadis asked.

"Marco Bott, Jinae town, wall Rose south district, sir!!" Marco said.

"What'd you come here for?!"

Marco was taken a back by Shadis' question, too. Marco eventually smiled. "To join the military police brigade...and devote myself to the king!" Marco proudly said.

"I see...that's just fine. A good goal...except..." Shadis spoke.

He leaned closer to Marco.

"I'm positive the king's got no interest in your scrawny body!" Shadis said.

Marco's smile faded and his eyes widened. Y/n felt bad for Marco. He was so proud of his reason, and it's obviously his dream but Shadis just shattered it like the cruel man he is.

"Next!" Shadis stopped in front of a small boy with bald-looking head.

"You, maggot! Who're you?!"

The bald-looking head boy saluted...but in a wrong way.

Y/n felt terrified for him.

Someone help him... Y/n thought.

"Ragako village, wall Rose south district! Connie Springer!"

Shadis suddenly grabbed Connie's head and lift him up.

The way he grabs Connie's head is too hard that the boy's eyes are being stretched up. Connie's mouth is slight-opened and he's even drooling.

"I know they taught you at the start...the salute indicates your dedication to serve the common good, heart and soul! Is your heart on your right side, Connie?" Shadis asked

Shadis suddenly stopped when he heard someone chewing. He looked at a girl with pony-tailed brunette hair. The girl is holding a steamed potato.

Shadis dropped Connie to the ground.

"Hey...what the hell are you doing?" Shadis asked the brunette-girl.

Potato girl glanced at him then looked away after thinking that she might not be the one Shadis' talking to. She even shamelesslt took a bite from her steamed potato. Y/n shook her head.

Someone help her... Y/n thought.

Shadis walked towards the brunette-girl. "You, scum! I'm talking to you! What the hell's your name?!"

Potato girl looked at Shadis with wide eyes. She immediately swallowed the piece of potato she's chewing inside her mouth and then saluted at their instructor. "Dauper village, wall Rose south district!! Sasha Blouse, sir!"

"Sasha Blouse. What's in your hand?"

"A steamed potato, sir! I happen to see them in the kitchen and couldn't help myself!" Sasha said.

"So...you stole it...why...why are you eating the potato now?" Shadis asked.

"They lose their taste when they get cold...so I thought it best to eat it right now." Sasha said.

Shadis's eyes widened a bit. "No...I don't understand. Why'd you eat the potato?" Shadis asked.

Sasha looked so confused as she stare at their instructor. "Um...are you asking me why people eat potatoes in general?" Sasha asked. Everyone glanced at her with disbelief. Y/n pursued her lips to stop herself from laughing. She's so silly. Y/n thought.

Shadis didn't answer.

He just stared at Sasha with an obvious unamused face. Sasha stared back at him, still looking confused.

While the silence reigned all over the open field of the training corps.

In just a few seconds, Sasha's eyes widenes as if she realized something.

"Oh..." she said.

Sasha looked down on hed potato. She has an obvious frown on her face as she cut it in unequal pieces.

"You can...have half." Sasha said and handed Shadis the smlled piece of her potato. Shadis took the small piece of potato and stared it, dumbfounded.

"H...half?" He said in disbelief. Then Shadis looked at Sasha once again who flashed him an innocently smile.

"Hey...he's still got that potato girl running." Connie said while watching Sasha running around the field.

"Huh?" Eren said and looked at Sasha. "Wow. She's been going at it for five hours straight now." Eren said.

Y/n chuckled. She's leaning on a railing and standing beside Marco. "Still, the look on her face when he told her to run 'til she was almost dead...was nothing compared to her anguished look the moment he said she doesn't get to eat today." Y/n said.

Marco and Connie nod in agreement.

"Dauper...if memory serves, that's a hunting village with a small population deel in the mountains." Connie said.

"I didn't know villages like that still existed..." Marco said then he looked at Eren. "Come to think of it, I didn't hear where you're from...where did you leave?" Marco asked Eren.

Eren grabbed Armin's shoulder. "Shiganshina district, same as him. Then we moved to a settlement...and stayed there 'til we were 12." He said.

Y/n raised a brow.

Then they must have been present in that day...the day wall Maria was breached because of the colossal titan.

Y/n thought.

"Really?" Marco asked in surprised.

"Then...you must have been in Shiganshina that day." Connie said.

"H-hey!" Marco said to stop Connie.

"Did you see it?" Connie asked. "The colossus titan?!" Connie asked again.

Eren slowly nod his head "Yeah..."

Y/n frowned as she looked at Connie. Her eyes then landed on Eren and Armin who now both looking gloomy.

It must've been hard for the both of them. They experienced that tragedy and possibly earned a trauma...

Dinner time came and almost everyone is already present in the messhall. Only "almost everyone", because Sasha is not around.

Y/n and Jean are sitting beside each other and quietly eating their meals. They're just listening to Eren talking to the group of their co-trainees who have been asking him about the fall of wall Maria. They kept asking him if he really saw the colossus titan.

"I told you...I saw it..." Eren said.

"Really?! How big was it?!"

"It's head cleared the wall." Eren said.

"What?! I heard it stepped over the wall!"

"Me too!! That's what my village said!!!"

"No. It wasn't that big." Eren said.

Y/n smiled to herself when Jean pushed a cup of water beside her plate. She looked at Jean who's now focused on Eren and his group.

"Thank you." Y/n said.

"Mhm..." Jean just nod and hummed. He didn't even glance at Y/n.

Y/n just shrugged and drank the water. She looked at Jean again.

I wonder when will you notice me? Or...will you ever notice me?

Y/n thought.

"What did it face look like?"

"It had a huge mouth, but hardly any skin." Eren said.

"Then what about the "armored titan" that broke through wall Maria?!"

"I saw that, too. That's what they call it, but it just looked like a regular titan to me." Eren said.

"What does a regular titan look like?!"

Y/n suddenly stopped eating. She looked at Eren and saw him frozen in his place. Eren's eyes widened. He gaged and quickly covered his mouth.

And there they go...they sucessfully goy a sensitive topic! Y/n thought.

"Let's knock off the questions, people. There are some things a guy doesn't wanna remember." Marco said.

"S-sorry! I didn't mean to stir up painful memories!" Connie said.

Eren removed his hand on his mouth. He gritted his teeth and picked up his bread. "That's not it..." Eren spoke.

"Hm?" Marco hummed.

Eren took a big bite from his bread and aggressively chewed on it. Eren then smirked. "The titans are no big deal. If we can master vertical maneuvearing gear, they'll be no match for us! I'm done picking up stones and pulling weeds! I finally get to train to be a soldier! I was just choked up about it before." Eren said.

Y/n leaned her face on her palm as she stares at Eren. Jean is doing the same.

"O-oh..." Marco said.

"So I'm gonna join the survey corps...and rid the world of the titans!" Eren said. "And then...--"

"What? Are you out of your mind?" Eren was cut off when Jean spoke.

Y/n clicked her tongue. I have a bad feeling about this... Y/n thought.

Eren looked at Jean.

"Did you just say you were going to join the survey corps?" Jean asked.

Eren's eyes widened a bit upon realizing that Jean's familiar.

"You're the guy...who wants to join the military police and take it easy, right?" Eren asked.

"I'm nothing if not honest...better than a guy who's shaking in his boots but pretends to be brave." Jean said.

Just as I thought. Y/n thought. She just sighed and shook her head again.

"Though you are eloquent..." Jean said.

Eren clenched his fist on the table. "Y-you're talking about me?" He asked.

Y/n leaned closer to Jean. "Don't pick a fight, Jean." Y/n said but Jsan ignored her. Y/n frowned. She has the urge to smack Jean but she can't just do that.

Not without any acceptable reason.

"Ah. Sorry. Honesty is a bad habit of mine. I don't mean to rile you up." Jean said.

The bell rang indicating that dinner's done. Everyone started keeping their plates and utensils. Y/n kept Jean's plate, cup and spoon and fork and of course, she also kept hers. When she came back, she saw Jean talking to Eren. She walked towards the two.

"I don't want to throw cold water on your plans. How you choose to live's your own business." Jean said.

"All right. I had chip on my shoulder, too." Eren said.

Jean grinned and offered his palm to Jean as a high-five/gimme five.

"Then let's call a truce." Jean said.

Eren slapped his hand in Jean's palm. "Sure." He said. Eren glanced at Y/n and smiled at her. Y/n just waved at him. They have become acquainted already earlier after the ceremony.

Eren then walked out. Y/n was about to speak to Jean when a beautiful girl with long raven-hair passed by them. Y/n saw the amazement on Jean's face as he stared at the girl who passed by him. Her smile faded as she noticed the light pink shade on Jean's cheeks.

"H-hey, you...!" Jean said.

The raven-hair girl stopped and looked back at Jean.

Jean shyly looked down. "Ah...er..." He looked at the raven-haired girl. "I just haven't seen a face like yours before so I..." The girl just stared at Jean.

Jean looked down once again. "Sorry...you really have beautiful black hair..." He said, still blushing.

The raven-haired girl nod. "Thanks." She said then walked out.

Jean was taken a back. He quickly followed the girl outside leaving Y/n alone in the mess hall. Y/n was frozen in her place as she stares at her side where Jean was standing earlier.

Her heart suddenly felt heavy. The way Jean looks so amazed staring at the raven-haired girl kept repeating on her mind. Even his compliments on that girl keeps repeating on her.

Y/n looked outside. She saw Jean just standing outside and seems to be staring at someone. Probably the raven-haired girl. Y/n smiled bitterly.

She rubbed her nape and let out a deep sigh. Hoping that the sudden aching in her heart will go away if she just brushed it off. Hoping that the heaviness and gloom in her will immediately go away because she doesn't like feeling negative.

Y/n didn't exit at the main door of the mess hall. There's an exit at the kitchen, so she went there and got out of the mess hall using the kitchen's back exit. As soon as she got out, Y/n looked up. She felt a little bit better upon seeing the stars on the sky.

Y/n closed her eyes as the wind blew and she felt the warm breeze on her face. Just forget if, Y/n...You have no rights anyway...you can't get jealous, because you're...just his friend.
_____________________________________

I'm currently having a Jean brainrot.

Jean's so fucking worth it.

You can't change my dumbass mind.

That's it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

906 20 13
[VERY SLOW UPDATES!] She's the same woman, the same girl from before. But why does it feel so much different? Why does everything feel so much differ...
20.9K 512 65
You're a new recruit in the Survey Corp with a mission that extends beyond "the sake of humanity". Joining with two childhood friends, you're able to...
1K 26 30
You had grown up in Eldia and had know Eren and the gang all your life. When you reached junior high you transferred schools to Marley. Your ideal g...
442K 15.4K 32
Y/n was engaged by her childhood friend, Eren. She kept this secret from her due to Carla's request, to only tell him about this arrangement when he'...