Luke & His Runaway Love (Book...

By HayleyDooley

**READ SAINT & HIS HAPPILY EVER AFTER FIRST** You should believe that whoever is meant to be in your life wil... More

Chapter One-Luke
Chapter Two- Helen
Chapter Three- Luke
Chapter Four-Helen
Chapter Five- Luke
Chapter Six- Helen
Chapter Seven- Luke
Chapter Eight- Helen
Chapter Nine- Luke
Chapter Ten- Helen
Chapter Eleven- Luke
Chapter Twelve- Helen
Chapter Thirteen- Luke
Chapter Fourteen- Helen
Chapter Fifteen- Helen
Chapter Sixteen-Luke
Chapter Seventeen- Helen
Chapter Eighteen-Luke
Chapter Nineteen- Helen
Chapter Twenty- Luke
Chapter Twenty One- Luke
Chapter Twenty Two- Helen
Chapter Twenty Three- Luke
Chapter Twenty Four- Helen
Chapter Twenty Five-Luke
Chapter Twenty Six-Luke
Chapter Twenty Seven ~ Helen
Chapter Twenty Eight ~Luke
Chapter Twenty Nine ~ Helen
Chapter Thirty One ~ Helen
Chapter Thirty Two ~ Luke
Chapter Thirty Three ~ Luke
Chapter Thirty Four ~ Helen
Chapter Thirty Five ~ Luke
Chapter Thirty Six ~ Luke
Chapter Thirty Seven ~ Helen
Chapter Thirty Eight ~ Helen
Suzanne
Chapter Thirty Nine ~ Helen
Chapter Forty ~ Luke
Chapter Forty One ~ Helen
Chapter Forty Two ~ Helen
Chapter Forty Three ~ Luke
Chapter Forty Four ~ Helen
Chapter Forty Five ~ Helen
Chapter Forty Six ~ Luke
Chapter Forty Seven ~ Helen
Chapter Forty Eight ~ Luke
Chapter Forty Nine ~ Luke
Chapter Fifty ~ Helen

Chapter Thirty ~ Luke

442 35 0
By HayleyDooley

I flinch to the bedroom door slamming loudly, sighing heavily I toss my car keys on the cabinet before glancing up the stairs again. I spot a takeaway menu to her favourite chippy, hoping like hell this will be an in for me I sigh again before climbing the stairs. "Baby, do you want me to order some food in?" I ask hesitantly.

I stop outside our bedroom door and knock gently. "Babe?"

"Go away" she growls.

"But—" I say softly as I try to open the door but it's locked.

"I said go the fuck away, Luke" Helen hisses.

My heart drops at her words. "Baby, I'm trying to protect you"

I met with silence, I knock gently again. "You do know that don't you, babe?" I ask trying to get her to speak to me but I'm met with silence once again.

I decide to leave her arse upstairs to calm down. "I don't know why I'm getting the silent treatment when all I'm trying to do is fucking protect her" I grumble to myself as I walk down the stairs.

I enter the living room and sit down on the couch flipping through the telly, I settle on sky news when I see my girl walking past the living room door going towards the kitchen. Putting the remote down, I quietly follow her to the kitchen where she's raiding the fridge.

Risking my balls, I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, well—I try to but that's thwarted when she elbows me in the side. "Ow, fuck—" I hiss. "The fuck was that for?" I growl.

She ignores me, giving me the silent treatment once again. "You're fucking being childish now, babe" I growl.

Fuck...

I gulp when I see her shoulders tense, and her body still her movements, she thankfully puts down the knife she was using to make herself a sandwich not even bothering to ask me if I wanted one...

"I'm being childish?" She asks calmly.

I bravely shrug. "You're giving me the silent treatment, pulling a strop by stomping upstairs locking yourself in our room—our layla used to pull that shit too, it's childish"

She nods slowly before turning her back towards me again. "Get out" she says calmly.

The fuck she say?

"Excuse me?" I ask thinking she can't of asked me to leave.

"I said" she growls. "Get. Out" she hisses.

Okay then, she did...

"What the fuck for?" I hiss.

"You can't be so fucking thick as to ask me why I want you out my home" she hisses.

"Oh, it's your house now is it?" I bite back.

"Just leave, Luke" she asks sadly.

"Tell me why, and I will" I tell her.

I won't like, but I won't tell her that...

"Seriously?" She laughs but her face is anything but comical right now, she's straight up pissed.

"Go on" I say as I lean against the kitchen sink.

"Today with Pat" she says to me.

"Yeah, and?" I shrug. "I told you, I did that to protect you"

"No, what you did was go all fucking alpha Luke, not once talking to me about it all, and you didn't even ask Pat if it was okay to start my maternity leave early—you fucking demanded it" she hisses.

"I don't see the problem here, babe" I tell her seriously. "A dangerous man who is quite possibly a murderer and part of a mafia family is hanging around the hospital where you work, I don't like it, so I dealt with it" I tell her.

"You dealt with it" she tells me.

"Yeah" I shrug again.

Suddenly there is a knock on the door, I turn to answer it and there standing in the doorway is Colin and Clayton, Helen's dad and her brother. "What's up, Helen's in the kitchen" I tell them. "Babe, it's your dad and your brother" I shout as they follow me into the house.

"Hey, daddy" Helen says softly as she passes me going straight to her dad and wraps her arms around his waist.

"Are you okay, baby girl?" Colin asks with a concerned look on his face. "I came as soon as I got your message" he adds before looking at me, his eyes going cold.

"The fuck you looking at me like that for?" I ask defensively.

"You upset my daughter" Colin growls.

"Are you fucking serious right now?" I growl quietly my gaze firmly on my pain in the arse woman. "Did she even tell you why she's not talking to me or did she just say I upset her?"

"Does it matter?" Clayton growls.

"Helen" I say softly trying to gain her attention but she ignores me.

I sigh heavily looking to the ceiling. "I've been working on a murder case with Saint, I can't tell you much but our prime suspect has been hanging around the hospital as his girlfriend is one of Helen's colleagues" I tell them and watch as their eyes widen. "Today, I rang helen at work when I found out he was there and I could hear the fear in her voice though she tried to say she was okay" I add.

"Did that fucker do anything?" Colin growls.

"No, but he knows about the baby now" I tell them. "I don't like how he's always lurking around and earlier today he implied that helen could get hurt if she wasn't careful, so I asked her boss to let her take her maternity leave early" I tell them.

"No, you didn't ask" helen hisses spinning round so fast her dad has to steady her so she doesn't fall. "You demanded it, and did you talk to me about any of this, what you just told these two?" She says gesturing told her dad and brother. "No, you didn't, I didn't have a say in anything"

"I'M TRYING TO PROTECT YOU, AND OUR DAUGHTER" I bellow fed up of this shit now but she flinches making me feel like an absolute shit. "Listen, I'm sorry for how I acted today, I really am, and I'm sorry I never talked to you about it all" I say softly pulling her from her dads grasp. "I really am trying to protect you, baby" I say cupping her cheeks. "Do you have any idea what it would do to me if you got hurt because of me?" I tell her.

"I know you're trying to protect me" she says as tears cascade down her cheeks. "But you can't shut me out and make decisions without telling me first, relationships don't work like that"

"How about a compromise" I ask her. "If I can tell you or if I think it's best to keep to myself if I think it would upset you would that be okay?"

"I'd rather you'd just tell me if you're allowed to" she tells me. "Promise me" she says holding her pinkie out.

"I'd take that if I was you, son" Colin chuckles. "My little girl can hold a grudge for years—trust me"

Trusting his word, I wrap my pinkie around hers. "I promise" I tell her.

"Thank fuck, can we go now?" Clayton whines. "I'm starving"

Colin rolls his eyes at us both before kissing his daughter on the forehead. "Be good, you two" he says as he shakes my hand and leaves the house with a moaning Clayton whinging about how loud his belly grumbling.

"I love you" I tell my girl.

"I love you too" she says softly.

"No more silent treatment, babe" I tell her. "I don't like it"

She chuckles softly. "You're not meant to, that's why it's called the silent treatment"

I go to reply to her when another knock is at the door. "Did your dad forget something?" I ask.

Opening the door there is our usual delivery guy, Joey. "Hey, Joey" I frown when I see a bag in his hand. "We didn't order anything"

"I did" helen says appearing from behind me.

"What about the sandwich you were making?" I ask her.

She shrugs taking the bag from Joey. "I didn't know how long it was gonna take to come, I didn't finish making it anyway" she says as she gives Joey a tip. "Thanks, Joey"

He grins taking the money. "Have a good one"

"You too" I say before shutting the door. "What are we having babe?" I ask as I jog after her.

"I got a chicken omelette with rice and peas" she says as she empties the bag. "I got you your salt and pepper chicken with rice"

I moan in appreciation taking my food from her. "You're the best" I say kissing her lips, once, twice.

She chuckles. "I know"

After we eat our food, I clean everything up when suddenly my girl stands up and holds her hand out. I take it without question. "Come on, you can rub my back in the bath" she purrs smiling seductively at me.

"Yeah, baby, yeah" I say mimicking Austin powers. "Get all shagadelic baby, yeah"

She shakes her head chuckling. "There's something seriously wrong with you" she tells me.

I shrug grinning like a fool. "You love it"

"God knows why" she teases.

"Right, that's it" I growl playfully spanking her on the arse before I lift her up bridal style running the rest of the way upstairs to the bathroom laughing as her cute little squeal echoes in the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211 38 18
How do you tell your best friend you love them? How do you know they feel the same? How do you stop your heart getting broken in the process? Honest...
2.6K 115 29
FINISHED: Sorry about the confusion and grammar errors. But please give it a read! Book completed with bonus chapters. Book 2 is here!!!! 4 extra p...
277 98 6
Charlotte Love isn't magic and sparkles if the first example blows in your face. Aka, my parents' marriage. But that doesn't mean I don't have love i...
592 40 14
𝐏𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 a name unheard of. Except by one, of course. The one who simply got away. Five years ago her best friend moved to a diffe...