flirting with fire โ‹Ÿ bucky ba...

By barnesobsessedbi

๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ . a careful ceo meets an... More

โฅ
โ™ฌโ‹†ยท
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
the end.

seven.

610 33 2
By barnesobsessedbi

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

"Sam, I came in early this morning to get ahead, could I pickup Natasha during my lunch from Newark Airport?" Sam looked up at the bright hopeful eyes that leaned against his glass doorway. Her hair was straightened and down to the small of her back, "sure, Pop, what time is she landing?"

She looked at her phone, "three, but I'll need out of here sooner, if that's alright?"

He smiled at the sight of her, knowing the look of her would drive his friend mad.
"Yeah, you can get out of here at two and start your weekend. I have to say, we've been incredibly impressed with your first week of work."

She smirked and nodded, "thank you sir. I'm enjoying the work," she turned on her heel. "Now to get back to it, see ya later."

Sam smiled as she scurried back to her office with a wave over her shoulder. He stood and rushed up the back flight of stairs to barge into Bucky's corner office.

"Buck, I'm letting Poppy leave at two to pickup Natasha at the airport. But I can tell by your calm exterior you haven't seen her."

His crystal stare looked up at Sam, "we kissed last night."
Sam's jaw fell open, "and how're you feeling about it?" His deep brown eyes scanning his friend as he sat across from him.

Bucky let out a small grunt, "she has all the control, and I still don't even think she knows it."
Sam laughed, "got it, still screwed. Well, she was quite a sight this morning, go check in before she leaves."

Bucky glared at his friend, "stop checking her out Wilson."
Sam put his hands up, "it was just an observation. Have a good one Barnes."

Bucky toyed with the idea through his entire morning meeting, unable to focuse as images of sea green, ocean eyes and fiery hair played in his mind.

"Mr. Barnes, what do you think?" One of his assistants, Ned, looked at him through thick rim glasses with a nod.
"Sounds great," he continued.

After his intensely long meeting his feet carried him right down into the doorway of her office, he peered in. His heart warmed, seeing her with an intense, focused stare as she looked at her laptop from her oversized leather chair.

He rattled a small knock on the glass with a smirk, "I ordered lunch, heard you're working through the hour to leave us early."

He ached to touch her as he saw the way her hair flowed around her face, the orange strands longer than he'd imagined they'd be when they sat coiled around her frame. Her small black outfit hugging her perfectly as it peaked through her oversized biege sweater.

She drank him in for a moment, dark wash jeans and a perfectly fitted v-neck that showed off plenty of his inked skin, a view she thoroughly enjoyed.

He faked a frown making her chuckle, "just picking up Nat. She had a rough week in Montreal."

He nodded, "Ned will be here with our lunch soon, in the meantime... how're you doing?" He made his way to sit in the chair infront of her desk.
She raised an eyebrow and gave him a mona lisa smile, "I'm good. Feeling good about where this project is after a week."

He nodded his head, she smirked knowing he was asking about the kiss. She bit her lip as his eyes looked back up at her expectedly, "you know that's not what I mean."

He leaned forward onto her desk, his rose covered hand tugs at her chin, pulling her lip from between her teeth.

As he sits back in his chair the young dark haired boy with curious eyes and caramel skin knocks at the door holding two boxes, his face furrowed with a curious tilted stare. The large tattood hand waved the assistant into the room, taking a moment to give him a warning glance.

She smiled warmly at the nervous guy ahead of her, "thank you Ned." He scurried away with a nod and no other word as she looked at her raven haired boss.

She popped the lid of the box with a bright smile at the sight, "Excuse you, Sir, who told you that tacos were my favorite?!"

She wiggled in her seat as she grabbed a taco and shoveled it in with a mmmm sound.

"Well, tacos are delicious, lucky guess. Now, about that kiss," he raised his eyebrows and took a bite of his taco as he watched her chew. He was realizing every little thing she did was exciting for him, he wanted to witness everything she did.

She wiped her mouth, "James, I don't really think we should."

He licked his bottom lip and nodded, "yeah, well it happened and now I'm more curious. We won't know if we don't see for ourselves."

She shook her head and lifted another taco with a smirk, as she chewed she typed a bit on her keyboard. She attempted to keep her face from giving away her intense arousal at his desire.

"See for ourselves, huh?"
She clicked away as he tried to form an argument in his mind.

He watched as she multitasked while she ate, her stare avoiding his crystal orbs at all costs.

"Let me take you on a date?" He spoke softly, an uncertainty behind his words that stirred something in her. She felt his deep desire for her and it made her feel overwhelmed.

She finally looked into his eyes as she closed the taco box. "I don't think you understand how bad of an idea it would be," she narrowed her eyes.

"Well, maybe it is a bad idea. But I like bad ideas." He joked as she shook her head.

"Not a date, but Nat and I will be at Max's pub tonight in Noho." She looked back at her screen as the grin spread over his cheeks.

"Noho, huh?" He smirked as she stood and grabbed their boxes.
"I live in Noho, now let me work so I can leave early."

He nodded as he walked towards her door, turning to peer over his shoulder at her focused face.
"See you tonight then."
"Bye, James," she didn't look up only gave him a small wave while her stare remained on her screens.

He loved the way his name rolled off her tongue in her perfect accent. His feet patter up the private stairs, mind wandering to the images of her pink lips, her fiery hair and spirit, the way she always bites her lip to stop herself from talking.

He stepped into his office to find a very flustered investor. The man sat statuesque on his leather coach as Sharon peaked into the door, "sorry, Mr. Barnes. He just made his way in," she cringed as he waved her off.

James icy stare looked at the biggest investor, the man he was still in the grasp of. He was dressed in a black suit that was tailored just for him, his brown eyes carrying an angry stare.

"How can I help you, Mr. Stark?" Boot covered feet walk towards the big leather chair behind his desk.

"Barnes, when did you hire my daughter?" Tony spoke seriously with his face etched with anger.
"Your daughter?" Bucky leaned forward with a furrowed brow.

"Poppy, my daughter. I just saw she was hired by you." Tony nodded as the realization washed over James face.
"She said her dad was..."

A tattood finger presses the call button for Poppy's office, "yes. Mr. Barnes. I told you I need-"
"Poppy, please come to my office."
She huffed and stood up, walking with purpose.

Tony cringed, "this may have been a mistake. I just didn't know you hired felons."
Raven hair was pushed back with a near growl, "I hire based on ability and talent. Do you know how talented she is?" he bit his tongue as his door was pushed open slowly.

"I just saw you, what's so-" Sea green eyes lock with the familiar face of her father, anger growing in her scowl. His brown eyes carrying a new solemn sadness she could almost feel sorry for...almost.

"Tony, what the fuck?" She ran her hands into her long straight locks angrily.
"Language young lady," Tony stood from the couch and took a step forward.
"Excuse me, abso-fuckin-lutely not. Why are you here?" Her round eyes narrowed to a tight almond shape, anger evident in the way her arms crossed.

James was upset, he remembered her avoiding his question about her dad.

"This seems like a private family matter," James held up two tattoos arms with a half smile as he watched the anger bubble across the sweet exterior of the small woman he calls his doll in his mind.

"He isn't my family, he isn't even an acquaintance," she looked at her hands as she felt their eyes on her.

Tony looked at James, "well I am an investor in Barnes and his business endeavors." Tony adjusted his suit jacket with a look at James' icy stare before glancing back at Poppy whose chest was heaving.

"Convenient," she locked her gaze with James with a bite on her lip.
"Well, I need to get back to work."
"Let me walk you," Tony put an arm out that made her roll her eyes, "no thank you."

"Tony, did you have a real reason for showing up, or was it just Poppy?" Crystal blue eyes narrow towards Tony who shook his head. Poppy scoffed and sympathetically glanced at James before disappearing into her office.

"Bucky, my issues with my daughter shouldn't be your issue. I do apologize." Tony put a hand out for his business partner.

The tattood mit met Tony's, "it's okay Tony, she's impressive. Quite a talent that we hadn't realized would benefit us so much."

Tony nodded, "wish I could say I had a hand in it." He tucked his hand into his pockets, "glad she is a good fit. But she is still my daughter." Tony's gave James a grave stare as he walked towards the door. "Thanks for your understanding, till next time Barnes."

Unbeknownst to Tony, his warning was another piece of kindling to light the fire that burned in him for Poppy.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

I love feedback. ♡ I'm glad you're here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 10.5K 141
As an eighteen year old girl in Brooklyn, New York in the 1930's, falling pregnant unplanned is not on your agenda. So when it happens, it's needless...
247K 8.2K 142
This is the Sequel to Winter's Widow and Thunder's Throne pt1! Hydra has been defeated, at least for now. You and Bucky are just trying to raise your...
33.7K 316 3
a collection of marvel character one-shots. fem!!reader!! warnings mature themes language some violent themes
264K 6.1K 62
โ€ข James leaned in to her ear "you're trouble Celeste Song" he pulled back and looked at her dead in the eye. She picked up her glass and took a sip...