Miscellany Of Desi Tadka

By Desi_Tadka

The stars shine here✨⭐ The moon blinks here🌙 The sun doesn't forget to peek here☀️ Cause here is the Miscell... More

Introduction
A/N
✨Iqraar✨
✨2✨
✨3✨
❤Pasban-e-Marasim❤
❤2❤
❤3❤
❤4❤
❤5❤
❤6❤
🤍Yearning for Paradise🤍
🤍1🤍
🤍2🤍
🤍3🤍
🤍4🤍
🤍5🤍
🤍6🤍
🤍7🤍
Sabr-The story of patience
1❣️
2❣️
3❣️
4❣️
5❣️
6❣️
7❣️
Petrichor💞
1💞
2💞
3💞
4💞
5💞
Epilogue💞
💕Almost Sold💕
1💕
2💕
3💕
4💕
5💕
6💕
7💕
8💕
9💕
First Fast
Caim🖤
Chapter 1🖤
Chapter 2🖤
Chapter 3🖤
Chapter 4🖤
Chapter 5🖤
Chapter 6🖤
Chapter 7🖤
Perfect Storm
2💝
3💝
4💝
5💝
6💝
Epilogue💝

1💝

6.4K 359 78
By Desi_Tadka

Bana liya tha maine usay apni zindagi ki tabeer,

Main huya uski yaad mein Muntazir,

Manzil ab tha ghumshuda aur ban chala musafir

It was positive.

She was pregnant.

Yumna bit her bottom lip, not believing what she had just seen a few minutes back. Holding on to the washbasin, she squealed as her happiness held no bounds. When her best friend Azka, who was a gynaecologist herself, told her that she might be pregnant, she wasn't ready to believe it.

She had her vitals checked and got her blood test done right under the nose of her husband.

Now after two days of waiting, she finally had reports delivered to her. She was a nervous wreck before she went ahead to open the envelope. Bubbles of excitement had filled in as she read that she was three weeks pregnant.

She looked at herself in the mirror. There, the glow on her face told everything. The glow of bringing a new joy, the glow of the beginning of her motherhood.

Yawar would be so happy, she thought to herself as she looked at herself one last time before stepping out of the washroom.

After a year and a half of marital bliss she was now going to step into the new phase of her life. She had always thought of how her life would be, what she would do and what not, and now when the moment had finally come, she did not know what to do.

Nostalgia hit her when she remembered crashing into Yawar during her cousin's Mayon, it was a beautiful moment. Yawar was a goner as soon as he laid his eyes on her and after the wedding ended, he had sent a rishta over to her house.

To say she was surprised was an understatement. She was shocked as she wondered what made him take a sudden interest in her.

But her doubts had vanished when he spoke to her, the gentleness and sincerity he had in himself dragged her towards him.

And then there was the start of a beautiful beginning.

She glanced at the clock that hung on the wall.

It's only two, she thought. She walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. Taking the bowl of rasgulla out, she got herself seated on the kitchen cabinet and treated herself with them.

Mota toh waise bhi hona hi hai, toh kyun na meethe se shuruwat kiya jaye? She shrugged to herself as she plopped the white sweet one after the other, savouring the taste each time.

(I have to get fat anyways so why not start with something sweet?)

As she was on the final piece, her phone started blaring beside her.

Yawar, it said.

A beautiful smile crept on to her lips.

"Toh janab ko ab hamari yaad aayi hai," she commented to which she earned a chuckle from the other side.

(So now you remembered me)

"Aapki yaad toh hamesha mere dil mein rehti hai," Yumna blushed, knowing that Yawar had once again managed to make her heart flutter.

(Translation: Your memory is always in my heart)

"You always do this!" She whined.

"What? You just fall for my charm. It's not my fault. You know most of the girls in my office find me handsome." Yawar stated the obvious, teasing her at the end.

Yumna was annoyed. "Allah miya puchenge aapse, Yawar. Sharam nahi aati hai aapko? Biwi aapki ghar par hain aur aap baaki ladkiyon ke baare mein baat kar rahe hain?"

(Allah miya will ask you, Yawar. Don't you have any shame talking about other women when you have a wife at home?)

"Aur yeh aap har baat par Allah miya ko kyun beech mein le aati hain?" He countered.

(Why do you always bring Allah Miya in between?)

"Arre unko bhi toh pata chale ki aap kitne besharam hain? Aur waise bhi, mera aur unka special connection hain." She answered back.

(He should also know how shameless you are. Anyways we have a special connection)

Yawar shook his head, smiling at his wife's antics. She was his chatterbox.

"Yawar? Are you there?" She broke the silence.

"Yes, Jaana, I am very much here." Yumna sighed in happiness seeing how much he adored her. "Actually," she dragged, "I was wondering if we can go for dinner somewhere."

"Today?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Okay, sure. Be ready by seven then. There's this new restaurant near our office which serves one of the best chicken tikka kebabs. You're going to love it." He said.

Yumna's mouth watered hearing about food. Talk about mood swings. After hanging up the call, she retreated back to her room to get some rest.

As she laid back on her bed, she thought about how her life was changing. It was getting beautiful with every second and all she could do was thank Allah for being there for her, always.

For her, Yawar was her world. He was her escape from reality. Their love was their protector, their defender, a ride-or-die connection that stayed with them always and in all ways. It was raw as there was no superficiality. It was beautiful. It would stay with them in their quietness and be their comfort.

Yawar was the man who cherished her and inspired her to rise higher. He was okay with her sadness and kissed away the scars she hid from others. He was rare and their love was a treasure to keep.

Yumna closed her eyes in satisfaction as she waited for the evening to happen.

~ * ~

Zaviyar's jaw dropped the moment he saw Zahra walking down the aisle.

She looked ethereal.

When her shy honey brown eyes met his onyx orbs, his heart stopped. All he could see was her and only her and the rest had faded away in the background.

It was only him and her.

Destiny worked in the most mysterious ways. Who would have thought that the CEO of the Khan Industries would go for an arranged marriage after listening to his mother?

He had always thought that arranged marriages weren't his type.

And that was until he met Zahra.

Zahra, the daughter of his father's school friend, had come as one of the prospective brides to their house. The moment their eyes met, he knew she was the one.

Soft, calm and caring were the qualities he was looking for in his life partner and Zahra fit into the category like a glove.

Zahra was sweeped away the moment she had laid her eyes on Zaviyar. Their marriage was written in their eyes the first day they met, not a thing of human-kind nor laws, yet existed as if the universe had brought together two souls that were already betrothed.

They were star crossed lovers. Short talks after engagement had turned into late night talks and then one day, they confessed their love for each other. And now, they were finally going to be one.

Finally, a start to a beautiful life.

Zaviyar mumbled a soft Mashallah under his breath as his lady walked towards him with sheer grace and simplicity.

He was falling for her all over again.

Zahra was made to sit beside him before the Nikkah could start.

A multiple Mashallahs followed behind as the couple looked beyond beautiful together.

"You look stunning Zee," he whispered to her. "Qayamat dha rahi ho."

(You're looking ethereal)

Zahra giggled. "You cleaned up well too." Smiling, he shook his head and looked at the camera for their picture.

This bubbly nature of hers was what had kept his boring life lively. He was happy that this side of hers was known to a very few people and he was one of them.

Just a few more minutes, he sighed looking at his watch.

The evening had slowly arrived and gone, the dark night taking over the orange hue of the sky.

The Qazi Sahab was made to sit on one of the chairs as the Nikkah ceremony proceeded. Zahra's eyes watered as she signed the Nikkah papers, signing away her new life with the person she loved leaving back her maiden life.

After the Nikkah was done, they were made to sit together again, now as husband and wife.

Zaviyar placed a reassuring hand on hers and as she looked up at him, he blinked, easing her a bit.

"Zavi?" She called him out after a while when the crowd shifted away from them and went ahead to the food stall.

"Hmm?" He looked at her in question.

"You'll never leave me, will you?"

"Abhi abhi toh Nikkah hua hai, abhi se chodne ki baat kar rahi ho?" Zaviyar earned a smack on his shoulder as soon as the words flew out of his mouth.

(We have just gotten married and you're talking about leaving me?)

He held his eyes and blinked his eyes and his wife softened looking at him.

"Never," he said, "na iss jahan mein aur na kisi dusre jahan mein."

(Not in this world or the other world)

Zahra sniffled, to which he immediately softened. "Kya hua?"

(What happened?)

"Aap ki baat kaafi khoobsurat thi," she sniffled again, making him chuckle. Wrapping his arm around her, he pulled her close, sighing in happiness.

(Your words were beautiful)

~ * ~

"Yaar, Yumna bas bhi karo kitna khaogi?" Yawar looked at his wife in amusement as she gobbled the food on her plate. When that was finished, she took another serving of the chicken biryani sticking her tongue out to her husband.

(Yumna, stop. How much will you eat?)

"I am hungry." She tried to speak as her mouth was filled with food. Yawar sighed as he watched his wife stuffing more food in her mouth than its capacity. "Waise yeh acha hai. Tum itna khana khati ho fir bhi itni nazuk dikhti ho." Yumna laughed at his exasperation. It was true. She never put on any weight. She could go on eating three people's meals and still she would look the same as ever.

(Now this is great. You eat too much but you still look so petite)

A few minutes later, when she had swallowed her food, she drank the coca cola and hiccuped, followed by an excited giggle.

"Waise, agar Rayyan Bhai hote na woh aapse kehte ki agar ise gobar bhi de dete tog khushi khushi kha leti." She laughed, spluttering out some coca cola from her mouth.

(If Rayyan bhai would have been here, he would have told that I could happily eat a cow dung as well)

Yawar grimaced. "Hum khana kha rahe hai!" He chided her. Yumna mumbled a very inaudible oops and went back to her food.

(We are eating!)

"So what made you decide to go to a restaurant on a weekday? We usually go on the weekends, isn't it?" Yumna tensed at the question. With all the fun moments going on between them, she had forgotten about the reason why she had asked him out for dinner in the first place.

Holding her purse closer to her stomach, she looked up at him. Everything was going well, until now. Her courage dimmed as she fidgeted with her dupatta stealing glances at her husband.

Yawar narrowed his eyes looking at the sudden change in her demeanor. "Out with it," he ordered.

Widening her eyes, she fidgeted with the chain of her purse and took out the neatly folded report. She carefully slipped it towards him.

He looked at her warily. Picking up the paper from the table, he carefully opened it, reading its contents.

His emotions changed from confusion to shock in a matter of minutes. Yumna tugged her lower lip between her teeth, anticipating his reaction.

He looked back at her and tried to speak, opening his mouth and then closing it, several times.

"You are not joking, are you?" He finally spoke, his voice coming out as a mere whisper.

Her emotions were jagged as well and hence she nodded, confirming the news.

He held her outstretched hand. "I am going to be a father?" He asked her again.

"You are going to be a father." She affirmed.

Yawar's eyes glistened as he planted a long kiss on her hand, he said, "Thank you, jaan. For making me the happiest man on this planet."

"No, thank you, Yawar." She said, "For being the best husband ever."

"We are going to be parents," he stated again.

Yumna held his hand tighter. "We are going to be parents." She repeated after him, tears rolling down her cheeks.

Loud thundering echoed which brought them back to reality. Dark clouds had already started looming in the sky. The clouds were the kind of grey that would make any quarry rock proud, as if they were so pleased to echo the earth. All the grey, all that swirling water in the sky, condensation was bound to happen sooner rather than later.

"I think we should leave," Yawar said, signalling the waiter to bring the bill.

"Ask him to pack this as well," Yumna indicated towards the leftover biryani, giving him a toothy smile.

"Arey aaj toh main aapko aapki favourite ice cream bhi order karke khilaunga." He beamed at her.

(Today I will even order your favorite ice cream)

Drops of rain started pouring as they made their way towards their car. After quickly getting seated, they rode towards their home.

As they were on the freeway, the intensity of the rain had increased, the drops crashing on the front glass. It wasn't like the usual, soft and gentle rain. This rain was wild. It was that type which could wash everything away.

"I am not liking this Yawar." Yumna mumbled, tense at the changed weather. There was something about rains that always managed to rile her up and this time it was more as she wasn't getting good vibes with what was happening.

"Don't worry we'll reach home safely. Keep the seat belt on." Yawar assured as he carefully drove his car in the midst of the rain. The rain was so harsh that it became difficult for him to drive.

"Yawar, kahin ruk jaaye kya? Mujhe acha nahi lag raha hai." Yumna tried to coax him again but he didn't budge at all.

(Yawar can we stop somewhere? I don't feel good)

"It's not safe for you to wait like this outside in this weather. I will make sure you reach home safely." He said.

"We will reach home safely," she sternly corrected him, emphasising on 'we'. She closed her eyes as she started mumbling Ayat al-Kursi, asking for help from the almighty.

Yawar sighed looking at her. In moments like these, Yumna couldn't get her head straight as she started panicking. He was worried about her health.

Placing a hand on her shoulder, he looked at her and said, "Hey, it's okay. We are almost—" A bright flash of light appeared from the front. "Yawar look!" Yumna screamed and Yawar in reflex turned the steering wheel, running the car straight into the pole.

The next moment another loud crash occurred deafening the entire road.

Yumna, who had her hand around her stomach and eyes closed, slowly opened her eyes and saw the most horrific sight ever.

There lay Yawar, who had flown off his seat, half of his body lying on the bonnet and half hanging inside the car.

There was blood, so much blood.

"Yawar!" She screamed, looking at her husband. She tried to shake him, pulled his hands to get a reaction out of him. The front glass of the car had completely shattered, the glass pieces had sliced into his skin, deep.

Yumna carefully pulled him carefully back into his seat and patted his cheeks. Blood was flowing from every corner of his body and Yumna was shaking in fear.

Yawar stirred, his eyes half opened as he looked at his beloved wife. He knew he wasn't going to survive.

"Ja-ana" his voice broke. Yumna rubbed her blurry eyes as she looked up at him.

"Yawar," she said, "everything will be fine, Jaan. I am calling the ambulance. Don't wor—"

"I-I don't have much time," he said, choking upon his own words.

"What are you saying, Yawar? You will be fine. Just let me call the ambulance." She tried calling the ambulance, but her phone slipped from her hands as her hands were shaking.

"Take care of yourself and," he coughed, "our little o-one."

"Yawar why are you saying this?" Her constant crying made it difficult for her to speak. Her heart was throbbing. Tears were continuously rolling down her face.

"Agar iss jahan mein nahi toh kisi aur jahan mein hum phir milenge. Iss ishq dastaan ab jannat mein hi puri hogi." Saying this, he closed his eyes and Yumna stopped crying as she realised what had happened. The sound of the ambulance was blaring behind their car but every single thing around her had deafened as darkness engulfed her.

(If not in this world, we will meet in some other world to complete our love story)

There was a sudden silence everywhere.

Except for a loud cry on the other side of the road. Except for the rain as it crashed harder as if mourning on the incomplete love stories.

~Akii

𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊..!𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙼𝚄𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙸𝙺𝚄𝙼 𝙱𝙴𝙷𝙽𝙾 𝙰𝚄𝚁 𝚄𝙽𝙺𝙴 𝙱𝙷𝙰𝙸𝚈𝙾....;)𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚂𝙴 𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁𝚂 𝙰𝚁𝙴 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙳 𝚃𝙾 𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙹𝙾𝚈 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚃𝙰𝙸𝙽𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃 𝚃𝙾 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙶𝚄𝚈𝚂.𝚂𝙾 𝙼𝙰𝙺𝙴 𝚂𝚄𝚁𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝚂𝙿𝙰𝙼 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙸𝙵𝙸𝙲𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝚅𝙾𝚃𝙴𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚂. ~𝙽𝚄𝙶𝙶𝙴𝚃 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.1K 4.5K 20
Dilbar (دلبر) - Lover ***** Samaira Baksh has sworn off love. The emotion in itself brought memories that were synonymous with a w...
907K 21.8K 43
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
162K 8.6K 16
[]Short story collection Drum Rolls🎶🎶Here we go again [Mystical romance immersed with history and some spice of suspense] All you need to read in...
351K 15.5K 39
Short stories . Along with songs .