seasons | killmonger

By mochahontaz

"What do you want, N'Jadaka-" "Erik." He corrected, making her smirk. "For someone who is so against the colo... More

BEFORE HAND
PLAYLIST
CHARACTERS
1 | P R O B L E M
2 | M I L K & H O N E Y
3 | L E A D
4 | B A S T
5 | R E L A X
6 | H E A D A C H E
7 | C O N T R O L
8 | F O O D
9 | K I L L M O N G E R
10 | M U S H R O O M T E A
11 | W A T E R
12 | S W E E T H E A R T
P A U S E
F A C E C L A I M C H A N G E
I N F I N I T Y FUCKING W A R
13 | S K I N TO S K I N
14 | F R I E N D S
15 | S C E N T
16 | O P P S
17 | C L A I M E D
18 | Z O L A
19 | P A I N
20 | S H A K E O N I T
21 | G R O W T H
22 | W A L L S
23 | J E A L O U S Y
24 | A P O L O G I Z E
25 | M O O N & S T A R S
26 | S A T I V A & I N D I C A
27 | L A N G U A G E S
28 | J A N E L L E
29 | A D O R E
30 | H A N D S
31 | W E
32 | UNHINGED
33 | M E M O R Y L O C K D O W N
IM NOT GONE
34 | A R R I V A L S |PT.1|
HOE WHY IS YOU HERE
35 | ARRIVALS |PT. 2|
Why Nothing Has Been Updated: Plagarism
37 | R E F L E C T I V E

36 | S H A D O W S O N T H E W A L L S

6.8K 279 181
By mochahontaz

"Lovers do not hide their nakedness."

- African Proverb

_____________________________________

Omniscient

Erik would have still been sleeping, if it wasn't for the slight panic that shot through his body the moment he reached towards Mbali's side of the bed and felt nothing but thin sheets. Not an arm, thigh, hand, or even the fabric of the bonnet that she kept on. Sitting up, he looked around the room and noticed that the curtains were still closed. The bathroom door was open, so there was no sight of her in there also.

'Kitchen.'

Her voice rang through his mind, helping to give him even the slightest of ease. Instead of going straight to her, he figured he'd at least get cleaned up.

On his floor, Erik completed his entire morning routine: shower, wash his face, brush his teeth, attempt to fix his hair, and get dressed. It wasn't till then that he realized that he hasn't spent more than a week in his room by himself. It was clean, but it felt different to be in there alone... even for the slightest amount of time. He adjusted the black shirt on his body and frowned at the way it felt against his skin. More specifically, the space on his lower right rib cage.

Brushing it off, Erik went back towards the kitchen. He could hear Mbali moving around dishes until the noises came to a complete stop. Peeking his head around the corner, he could see Mbali wiping her hands on a towel while a plate and a bowl were placed in front of her.

"How long you been up?" Erik asked, coming fully into the kitchen and getting a good look at the dishes that she made. He could easily tell which one was his and hers. He obviously had the plate, due to how much protein was placed on it. Mbali definitely had the bowl, that was filled with something similar to a porridge with a lot of fruit topped on it.

"Probably for the past two hours? I haven't been keeping track of it." Mbali hummed, tapping her nails against the counter. Her eyes stayed on Erik as he ate. He would occasionally look up at Mbali to notice that she never took her eyes off him.

"Is there a problem?"

"Is there anything you want to tell me?" her eyebrow raised. "Anything specific?"

"Did I do something... wrong?" Erik asked slowly. He was having a hard time reading her, because she wasn't actually thinking anything. Also, a pissed off Mbali will continue to be something he doesn't enjoy putting up with under any circumstance. "If I did, I'd rather you come out and tell me."

Erik tried to go over every single thought and memory over the past few days, and couldn't think of anything he had done wrong. He hasn't been with any other woman, aside from Mbali... he doesn't even pay any of them any attention. He hasn't lied to her about anything, or left things laying around.

Mbali took a deep breath, trying to gather herself. "I'm not mad at you... I just want to know why you haven't told me?"

Erik put the pieces together, and realized that there was a high chance that she heard him last night. Even though he said it softly, it wasn't like Mbali wouldn't be able to hear him.

Erik sighed, putting his fork down. "I didn't tell you yet cause-"

"You have an entire birthday today, N'Jadaka. You were going to go this whole week without letting me know." Mbali cut him off, making him frown.

"What?"

"It's your birthday. And you knew this entire week that your birthday was coming, and didn't want to tell me."

Pushing away the thought that Mbali probably didn't hear him after all, Erik had a new series of questions floating around his head. The main one, being who even told Mbali about his birthday? Tapping the beads on his wrist, he saw the date that glowed in a bright blue.

It was definitely his birthday.

"I mean, if you don't like to celebrate it, I understand. But, you could've at least told me it was coming up... and Sage told me."

"Of-fuckin-course it was Sage." Erik scoffed. Taking a sip of his water, he cleared his throat afterward and put his hands on the table. "I didn't say anything about my birthday, because I'm not big on celebrating it."

"I can see that, that's why I cooked breakfast for you this morning, since you would probably hate if I actually planned something." Her tone calmed now as she walked towards him. Mbali rested her head on his shoulder. "Usuku lokuzalwa olumnandi, N'Jadaka." Happy birthday, N'Jadaka.  Mbali mumbled to him, and turned to peck his cheek before returning to her former position on his shoulder.

Erik wrapped his free hand around her waist, giving her the same peck, but placing it on her forehead. He would have vocally thanked her, but he knew how people talking with food in their mouths made her skin crawl. He was adjusting to how well her body molded into his side, fitting almost like a puzzle.

"What do you want to do today?"

"Whatever you wanna do."

"It's your birthday."

"And I'm cool with doing whatever you wanna do."

Erik was never big on celebrating his birthday after finding out what happened to his mom, but after the death of his dad, it was definitely something he would ever find much joy in. Before his dads death, he would be asked the same question by him. 'What do you wanna do for your birthday, man?' To which Erik would always have the same reply: 'whatever you wanna do.'

Doing whatever his dad wanted to do made him feel like he could at least be grateful for the small things in life. Maybe he was always looking for purpose in that same thing, but he could never find it. He had a lot of issues that he had to deal with and try to make sense of. He was never too sure of how.

However, Mbali found a way to be a turning point for him. Was he still big on celebrating his birthday? No. But, he felt a willingness to enjoy himself in whatever she wanted to do.

"Well, it's not much we can go out and do since T'Challa shut the city down. We can stay here and make the most of it... pick each other's brains a little bit."

"Pick each other's brains, huh?" He gave an amused smirk. Erik's thumb began to rub circles on Mbali's thigh. "Don't we do that enough as it is?"

"Yeah... but a little more wouldn't hurt. I like knowing what's going on in that head of yours when you don't let me in."

"I think that's the other way around. You weren't letting me in just a few minutes ago just because I didn't tell you about a birthday."

Mbali made her way back to her previous spot in the kitchen, mixing her spoon into her bowl. "It's not that I wasn't letting you in, I just had no thoughts, just emotions. I couldn't think them, but I was able to feel them."

"And what emotions were there?"

"None of your business, nosey."

A soft chuckle came from Erik's mouth as he stood, taking his plate towards the sink. "I'll find out— but back to picking brains..."

"I feel like you're going to make me regret offering this idea." Mbali sighed, feeling his presence behind her, and two hands snake around her frame. "This is not that kind of brain picking I was referring to."

"I'm not allowed to touch you?"

"I never said that—"

"So why can't I—" Erik was cut off by the feeling of Mbali's lips quickly pressing against his. A playful smile was on her face as she took his chin between her thumb and index.

"Can I tell you the truth? That's been really hard to keep from you all morning?"

Erik's face fell, and worry washed over him.

Mbali's expression was dull, and each time he searched her eyes for any thoughts or emotions, he couldn't get any. It made him believe that she was more than likely thinking nothing, or found a way to shut him out.

"I didn't shut you out." She quickly shot down his one thought. "I don't think that's possible, but do you want to know the truth or no?"

"Are you okay?"

"Perfect."

"Then what is it?" He huffed, still feeling slightly on edge.

Mbali found his hands and laced her thin fingers between his large calloused ones before bringing them towards her chin. "I also talked to T'Challa this morning, while you were asleep... and he told me that you've been worried about me— and that's been very obvious." She looked up at the large man in front of her.

"Okay?"

"And I told him that since I had to find out that today was your birthday, I wanted to do something very nice... very intimate you for since it's your birthday. It's very last minute, and I know you don't like surprises... I-I really tried to play it off like it wasn't anything serious."

"Baby... you're rambling."

"I talked to everyone I could get, and a birthday dinner is planned for you... for later. Nothing too big and fancy,  just family." Mbali spat out as quickly as she possibly could. "Are you okay with that? Even though it's last minute? It's very private, very intimate."

It warmed Erik's heart to know that she could pull something off so last minute.

"I made sure everything was done correctly; the only thing I couldn't do was get Sage and Y'lan here due to the borders being closed and everything..."

She was nervous.

Erik listened to her continue to ramble a few seconds more before pressing his lips to hers, leaving three solid pecks against them. "Thank you. You didn't have to, but thank you."
His hand cradled the back of her neck and tilted her head so that they were making direct eye contact.

Mbali looked up at Erik and felt her cheeks start to burn. "I— okay." Her heart began to beat faster.

Erik chuckled, trying to keep her gaze on him. "You getting nervous on me?"

Mbali smiled and continued to try and look away, only for Erik to continue to put himself in her view. "It's the intense eye contact."

"We've held eye contact like this before, though."

"Not with this much emotion in them."

"S'that a bad thing?" He hummed, kissing her sweetly.

"A beautiful thing," Mbali pressed her hand against his jaw. "And a scary one." A huff came from Mbali's lips, feeling Erik's hands cup under her thighs and place her on the counter.

Deciding to save that part of the conversation for later, Erik filled the space between Mbali's legs with his own presence, as she held the bottom of his shirt in her hands. The air around them started to thicken and their touches became hungrier before Mbali pulled away. Erik hummed, throwing his head back.

"I have to train with Okoye until your dinner," Mbali caught her breath and placed her forehead against his chest. "And I don't need any distractions, Prince."

"Training for what? It's nothing you have to train for now."

"You continue to forget that it's my job to protect you and this tribe." She smiled.

"And you keep forgetting that it's my job as the man you're with to protect you, so I guess we're in the same boat, huh? Training with them can wait."

"I don't think you can make that call right now, my love."

"I can make it an order." Erik's eyebrow raised.

Mbali bit the inside of her cheek, smirking up at him. "An order to ditch my duties just to be intimate with you? I don't think that's responsible."

"You can be a bad girl for once, I won't tell." Erik's hands roamed her sides, making her instantly catch on to the double meaning in his words.

"I'll take a rain check... probably after your dinner."

Mbali playfully pushed him back, hopping down from the counter to go into the training room.

"So fuck me, huh?"

"That's the plan for later, yes." She yelled from the hallway, resulting in a chuckle from Erik.

______________

"You're late." Okoye teased Mbali as she sat on the small corner bench in the training room. She wasn't dressed in the usual Dora attire, but still made sure the color palette of her clothing was still red. "You're usually never late."

Inside the training room was also other members of the border tribe who had to train. Okoye always made it a point in having others around to train in case of any emergencies.

Mbali smiled, pulling her braided hair into a ponytail at the top of her head. "I had to get changed, I think you'd hate me if I showed up to train in clothes that weren't suitable."

"We'll, I'm glad I've taught you well over the years." Okoye stood to her feet and examined Mbali. "Ready?"

"Mhmm." Mbali adjusted the fabric on her arms before taking a deep breath. "Ilungile" Ready.

Nodding, Okoye charged at Mbali at full speed from across the room. The staff in her hand quickly became a spear with a single push of a button. Okoye forced the spear down towards Mbali, a grunt coming from her mouth.

Pulling the cloth in front of her body, a transparent shield formed in front of her, blocking the almost deadly blow to her frame. Mbali pulled the sickle shaped sword from her side and swept it under the cloth, nicking Okoye's feet causing her to trip.

Okoye trained Mbali for years before she had her position with the Border tribe. She recognized Mbali's growth, and admired it. She remembered at one point, Mbali could barely guard herself.

Landing on her back, Okoye quickly kicked herself up and landed back into her guarding position. The pair continued to challenge each other in the training room. Slight groans and thuds could be heard, even a chuckle or two. Mbali was appreciative that her training with Okoye was nothing like her first training with N'Jadaka. No intentional scratches, scars, or bleeding.

As their training came to an end, Mbali and Okoye sat on one of the benches, watching the other members demonstrate their combat skills with each other.

"Can I ask you something?" Mbali looked over to Okoye while she tapped her feet on the padded ground. "And have you be honest with me?"

"Of course, unless I should be worried about the question."

"All of this extra training... somethings going to happen, isn't it? We're preparing for something just in case."

Okoye's eyes fell on Mbali's, looking to see if any fear or worry is there before answering. "I'm not sure—"

"Okoye, out of everyone here... including N'Jadaka, I would expect you to be the one to tell me the blunt truth... don't spare my feelings out of pity. I wouldn't spare yours out of guilt if you asked me. I know, you know."

Shaking her head, Okoye gave in; she knew Mbali was telling the truth about how she would approach her. As someone who was considered a mentor to Mbali, she knew that she deserved to know something.

"Yiza apha." Come here. Okoye instructed her to come closer. Mbali wasted no time filling up the small space between them. "T'Challa believes something is coming, he just doesn't know what. He's not sure if Wakabi still has people lurking around borders or even gathering materials from other nations to use against him. All he knows, is that he wants to be ready in case of an emergency."

"Has Wakabi said anything to you?" Mbali questioned. "Anything to tip off?"

Okoye scoffed and shook her head. "Wakabi won't even look in my direction anymore. I'm not sure if it's out of anger or guilt, but I don't care." Her hands crossed as she took a deep breath. "I've tried everything to get something out of him, but he knows I'd tell. I've been on my toes with him, and it still leaves me on edge, not knowing what's going on in his head."

Mbali was going to speak, until she closed her mouth. She began questioning the last sentence that came from Okoyes mouth. "You don't know what's going on in his head?"

Closing her eyes, Okoye shook her head. Knowing she might have let their truth slip.

"But... you both are claimed, right? Don't you always know? Even when they try to cut you off mentally?"

"Wakabi and I..." Okoye huffed. "Wakabi and I were never claimed, Mbali."

Mbali's eyes widened in shock. She shouldn't known something whenever Okoye would mention the struggle of trying to get into Wakabi's head before. It had to be why she couldn't see the first mistake of him turning in T'Challa when N'Jadaka came.

"Why did you stay together knowing you weren't?"

"We thought it was still love, and we thought we could find a loophole in Basts ways." Okoye bit her lip. "Look where it got me? Look where it got us."

"So your person... is still out there?"

"Possibly. After all this? I hope."

_____________________________

"This too much?" Erik asked Mbali with a huff, running his hands down the long white shirt that cut off above his shoulders, exposing his toned arms. The shirt was detailed with gold and blue accents going down the sides that had delicate patterns.

Mbali was pleased that he was beginning to be proud of his scars, and didn't feel the need to hide them all the time.

"I think you look handsome." She smiled, pulling her braids into a detailed bun. She kept her dress simple. A dark blue satin material that cut off just slightly below her knee. She always made sure not to expose too much skin around Ramonda, simply out of respect for her. "I'm glad you took those gold teeth out for this."

"You disrespecting my culture?" He raised his eyebrow at her, sliding the beads on his wrist. "That's wild if you ask me."

"You have beautiful teeth... I just don't think you need them all the time; well, for this."

Erik sat on the edge of Mbali's bed, looking around her room before eyeing her frame as she got ready in the mirror. He watched her rub butters between her hands and apply them to her shoulders, and admired how it made her skin look like she was glowing; but he was starting to feel like she did that naturally.

The more he watched her, he noticed more little habits that she would have, that others would probably see as being quirky, or that she would hate if she knew that she did them.

When Mbali didn't like something that she was wearing, or how she styled something; Erik noticed that she would frown and flare her nostrils at the same time, like she was trying to analyze her attire. Mbali would roll her ankles if she was getting antsy, pat her thighs if she was excited, or if she was about to cry, she would widen her eyes and look up to stop them from watering.

He wouldn't tell her, but he loved the way her mind would work half of the time. He couldn't tell her that he knew Mbali had a vivid thought process and imagination, because he could hear everything so perfectly. Her thoughts were detailed, while he knew that his were probably all over the place. Sometimes, he would just listen to her think; just to understand her thought process.

He liked having someone try to understand him, but he also liked having someone he could understand as well.

"You look beautiful." He spoke, breaking the calm silence that was between them. His head was cocked slightly, so that he could see her reaction in the mirror.

Mbali tried hard to fight the smile that was growing on her face. She sighed and turned to look at him. "Enkosi." Thank you. Her face felt warm. "I like it a lot, it just makes my sides feel itchy. It'll be fine."

____________________________________________________________

"Ndikunqwenelela Usuku Lokuzalwa, N'Jadaka." Happy birthday, N'Jadaka. Ramonda greeted her nephew. She took his face into her hands, kissing his cheek.

"Thank you, auntie." He gave a soft smile, still uncomfortable with the idea of celebrating the day.

When they walked into the palace, Mbali was glad that everyone followed every detail of her request. She wanted this to be a day to celebrate N'Jadaka, without making him feel uncomfortable. Only the royal family was present, along with a few others that N'Jadaka took liking to: M'Baku, Sanaa, Okoye, and a few members from each tribe. She didn't want to overwhelm him during this.

"Well, look at you both." Ramonda looked over Mbali and her nephew. Her arms crossed and a smirk on her face as she took in the sight in front of her. She noticed how Mbali stood next to Erik, but his hand stayed pressed into her back, while Mbali kept her hands in front of her. "Gorgeous couple."

"Eh, Queen Mother." Mbali rolled her eyes and chuckled, still not being used to the attention. "That's enough."

"Owu, nceda." Oh, please. "It's about time you both accepted this. I think this could make you a potential Princess, Mbali." Ramonda teased her. "I mean, you are part of the royal family now."

"Are they getting married?" Shuri popped from around the corner, a grin on her face and her eyes wide. "You're joining the family?"

"No, Shuri." Mbali chuckled. "Your mother is being funny. No one's married."

"Yet." Shuri pointed. "I could see it happening, nothing wrong with that if you ask me. Happy birthday by the way." She looked to her cousin. "How old are you in dog years?"

"Old enough to tell you to go sit down, and stay out of grown folks business." Erik shot back, with the same amount of sarcasm, but smiled.

Shuri rolled her eyes and hugged him. "At least you're better at comebacks than T'Challa."

"I heard that... you know, you talk better than you listen." T'Challa came from behind the family, holding Nakia's hand. "I think you should be getting ready to sit at the children's table."

Sticking up her middle finger, Shuri looked back to her cousin. "Happy birthday."

"I get told that one more time tonight, you might make a grown man cry." He smiled. 

Ramonda looked from Erik to Mbali and smiled once more, understanding that he was becoming overwhelmed. "Alright everyone, let's go sit down. Mbali and N'Jadaka will join us when they're ready."

"Well, they need to be ready now, I'm starving." Shuri shook her head, resulting in Ramonda grabbing her ear and taking her into the large room. 

"Take your time."

Mbali looked over at Erik, taking one of his hands and walking him towards the large window that overlooked the calm city due to the lockdowns. "I'm sorry if all of this is overwhelming you, that wasn't my intention."

"I'm not overwhelmed."

"I feel that you are." She touched his chin. "And it seems like you're on guard about something. I-if this is too much, we don't have to stay long."

"Ilungile. Ndiphilile." It's fine. I'm fine. He reassured her, taking her hand and pecking it. "Thank you, for all of it."

Mbali smiled, pressing her head against his chest. "I just want you to have more memories that makes you happy."

Erik felt the warmth in his chest begin to fill him again as he kissed the top of her head. "Let's go in before Shuri beats my ass over this food."

"There is no way on Basts blessed land, that you believe you could have won that challenge!" T'Challa laughed as him and M'Baku playfully argued. "I told you to yield, and you knew that you wouldn't have made it out."

"I beg your pardon?" M'Baku widened his eyes. "If you did not have the herb? I would have won. No question about it." He waved off the comments that were being made.

The banter started during dinner and continued until after. Everyone was engaged in the conversation, while laughs flowed from everyone's lips. Mbali looked over at Erik as he sat slouched back in his chair listening to the conversation. His fist was clenched under his chin and a smile was on his face as he looked back and forth between his cousin. He would occasionally shake his head and chuckle at what was being said.

Mbali enjoyed watching him be happy. She knew she made him happy, but seeing him be happy with his family and others did something to her heart. It felt full, and she would be willing to do anything to make sure he knew he was loved despite his past.

"You know what, why don't you both settle this one day on your own?" Nakia suggested. 

"I agree." Sanaa shot her hand up. "You know, some things are just better handled amongst men."

"If anyone wanted to know my opinion..." Shuri shrugged. "I feel like I could've kicked both of your asses." She started until Ramonda hit her shoulder. "I'm just saying!" 

"Some things don't need to be said, child."

Mbali smiled and stood from her seat, adjusting her dress. Erik looked up at her and grabbed her hand. "You good?"

"Mhmm." She smiled and put her other hand on his shoulder. "Going to the bathroom."

"Need me to go with you?"

"N'Jadaka." Mbali's face deadpanned. "I can go to the bathroom by myself. Enjoy your time with your family."

"At least take Okoye with you."

Mbali looked over at Okoye, who was talking to Ramonda and laughing at their own conversation. She finally looked like she was able to enjoy herself after everything that's been going on. 

"I can go to the bathroom by myself, my love. It's just down the hall. Is everything okay?"

Erik bit his lip, nodding his head. "I just don't want you walking around here by yourself with all this shit going on."

"I'll be fine, I promise. Five minutes tops." She chuckled and pecked his temple.

"I'm sorry, but it's just too many couples in here for my liking." Shuri shook her head, catching the quick kiss Mbali gave Erik. "Makes me want to gag."

Nakia laughed and pat Shuri's leg, "When you find a love for yourself, you'll appreciate it." 

"Yeah, I'll pass."

"Five minutes tops." Erik looked at Mbali.

"Tops," She confirmed. "Stop worrying and enjoy your time with your family. It's your day after all."

Erik placed one more kiss on Mbali's hand before letting her go, and engaging back in the conversation.

Mbali walked down the empty hallway, toying with the beads on her wrist while she looked down the halls. The only sounds she could hear were her heals clicking against the hard floor and the faint laughter that was coming from the dinner.

Walking back past the large window that overlooked the city, Mbali tapped her nail against the glass, following the car lights with her fingers and tapping each one when it got farther from her sight. "Intle kakhulu." So beautiful. She mumbled to herself and smiled. Seeing Wakanda from the palace, compared to seeing it from the border tribe was completely different. The city life of Wakanda looked like something you would see in movies. It was unreal.

Even with everything being locked down, Mbali still found the beauty in the city. 

Turning to go back to her original destination, Mbali stopped in her tracks as she saw something moving across the wall and down the opposite hall.

A shadow.

Frowning, Mbali quickly came out of her heels, and was hesitant to move. But she followed as it turned down the hall. Lifting up her dress, she grabbed the blade that was tucked into it's garter.

Pressing her back against the cold wall, Mbali looked down the hall to make out who she was following, only for her to be caught off guard by what she saw.

No one was attached to the shadow. It followed no one but itself as it moved against the walls of the palace. It could easily blend in with any darkened area. It outlined the figure of a person, but still not one that she was able to make out. It moved slow, in a stalking pace against the walls. Stopping every few feet where there was too much light, like it was watching out for itself before continuing to make it's way down the hall away from where everyone else was.

Going against her better judgement and the fear and confusion that washed over her body, Mbali continued to follow the shadow, not interrupting it's route in case it found a way to retaliate. It was something like witchcraft or dark magic to watch a person without a physical form move against the walls so easily. It was something she's never witnessed before, and she was sure it was something new to Wakanda. 

She followed the shadow like she was stalking her own prey. Tapping the beads on her wrist, she made sure it was able to record what she was seeing for proof. If she was to leave and tell any of the others what she saw, it would be harder to explain.

A new wave of panic washed over her when she realized what hall the shadow was turning down next.

The holding cells.

Mbali gripped the blade in her hand and gripped it. She fought the instinct that was growing in her to try and get it's attention, but she had her doubts that it would work. Pulling one of the extra beads from her bracelet, Mbali tapped one of the symbols, allowing it to levitate as a screen displayed itself on her wrist. Sending the bead down the hall, it began to follow the shadow; not giving away that it was being followed, and not allowing Mbali to trigger any of the sensory lights.

Sitting against the walls put her hand against her mouth as the bead followed a few feet behind.

"What is this." Mbali frowned, zooming in on the screen.

Reaching the cells, the shadow slipped between the vibranium bars, disappearing fully from view.

"No, no, no." Mbali mumbled, shaking her head. "Shit." She huffed as her kimoyo bead showed her what she was praying wouldn't be.

Getting a perfect view of the cell, Mbali was able to see W'kabi laying on the bed. The shadow hovered over him before falling into the same position that he slept in. His breathing steadied, before his eyes began to flutter open slowly.

Sitting up, he placed his hands against his temples and looked around the room, observing his surroundings. 

"Fuck." Mbali whispered to herself, quickly turning to run down the opposite hall towards everyone else.

Running past her heels, Mbali could feel her heart beating through her chest, and she could almost hear every beat coming through her ears. It made sense how W'Kabi was able to get so much knowledge on everything that's been going on, and it was no longer a secret to her. He may have people on the outside working with him, but he found a way to get his hands into dark magic, and play those forces to his own advantage.

Mbali quickly turned down the other hall before feeling two hands grab her arms. She quickly brought her blade up to defend herself, only for it to be halted by the same calloused arms that grabbed her.

Erik looked down at her, frowning. Taking the blade from her hand, he tossed it to the floor and took her face into his other hand, looking over her face. "What happened? Where your shoes at, ma?"

"What?" She huffed, still in shock.

"You were scared, I felt it, so now I need you to tell me what the fuck happened."

"I'm sorry... I-I didn't... this isn't what today was supposed to be about, N'Jadaka."

"Baby," He took her face between his hands. "Tell me what happened."

Mbali closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.

"I need to tell you with everyone else."

________________________________________

CHAPTER UNEDITED

________________________________________

I had to go on a loooooong mental health breath ya'll. This year been wild as hell and all that Wattpad drama had a bitch ready to hang it upppp. But I have too many stories on here that yall deserve to know the ending to, along with all the other unpublished stories that I haven't even published yet on here. Plus doing these always kept my damn anxiety down so I gotta get back to it lol.

How's yall lives been?

How did yall like Wakanda Forever? (My hoe ass cried from beginning to end, and decided that if I was Shuri, I would've tried to marry Namor until he killed Ramonda. We could've had a good ass relationship, but I always go for the damn bad mfs anyway... as we can see with these stories).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 602 10
ROSS BOSS. ❝ THERE IS SOMETHING MORE DANGEROUS IN THIS WORLD THAN A HUMILIATED MAN, A NASTY WOMAN.❞ in which Everett Ross's daughter falls in lov...
1.1K 21 21
Even though our Vibranium Business has been running up, & gaining customers, little do we know that we put ourselves in danger, & our Wakanda Adventu...
19.9K 815 24
Be careful what you wish for... Be careful with what you said you should've could've done. Read to find out more-Dajah❤️
112K 1.4K 19
black panther imagines! • t'challa •erik killmonger •m'baku