flirting with fire โ‹Ÿ bucky ba...

By barnesobsessedbi

๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ . a careful ceo meets an... More

โฅ
โ™ฌโ‹†ยท
one.
two.
three.
four.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
the end.

five.

689 33 4
By barnesobsessedbi

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

"Nat, I know what you're thinking...it's reckless and the definition of self-sabotage, but..."
Nat put her hands on her friends shoulders, locking their green gazes together, "are you kidding? It may be absolutely reckless but it could also bring out that piece of you that's been gone for years." She turned and her small hands put a record under the needle.

Nat cringed when she realized what she said and Poppy smirked up at her, "I haven't felt this kind of nervous excitement before and I want more of it, but I really want to make sure my work speaks for itself first."

They danced around for a moment before settling onto the bed in Poppy's small closet sized bedroom.

Nat chuckled as she did her friends makeup for her first official day of work. She looked her over, sea green eyes gaze up nervously as Nat beamed.
"Well, today is the first day of your newest personal mission," Nat spoke in a sing song voice making her curly haired friend giggle.

"Get shit done for BBR and show those men what you're capable of. Look mesmerizing while doing it and make those men, work for your attention. I mean, I know you want to ride your boss-" Poppy pushes her tall friend with a scoff.

"I mean, you've seen him. But I have to wait until I finish this first project before I give into that."

Nat held out her pointer finger towards her best friend, "sister swear-" she spoke seriously making Poppy gasp.

"Not the sister swear-" she looked wide eyed at Natasha as she dramatically gasped comedically.

"Swear that you won't do the sexy boss until you're finished with your first project."

Nat's long index finger still pointing towards her curly haired friend, "okay, I won't do him until the project is over." A tiny pale index finger touches the tip of the red manicured pointer of her best friend, "I sister swear."

The two chuckle as their index fingers interlock. Nat held up the dress she picked for her friends first day of work.

The deep green slip style dress with her black camisole under. Her curls pulled back from her face with a clip that loosely held her chaotic orange spirals from her pale freckled face. She slipped into her platform high heel leather ankle boots. She tilted her head to look herself over as she grabbed a Beatles cropped tshirt from her top drawer.

"Keep hiding that body, you'll miss it one day and wish you showed it off more." Nat shoved her stuff into her purse and rolled her eyes as her friend tossed the black Beatles abbey road cropped tshirt back into her drawer.

"Hush you, I show it off plenty and I like to dress this way, but for you...I'll fight the urge." Poppy nodded as she shoved her stuff into her oversized satchel.

"Love you, I leave tonight with Olive around 5. I'll be back Friday for drinks and the sleepover at yours." Nat opened her arms and hugged her friend as she took in a deep breath.
"Thanks for coming this morning, Nat."

"Goodluck with your sexy new challenge, you sister swore. So get to work, Tiny!"

Poppy rolled her eyes, "yeah yeah. Have fun in Montreal." Her redheaded friend vanished through the door leaving Poppy with chaotic nerves for her newest reckless choice, the challenge from her best friend.

Small heeled boots clap along the marble flooring into her new office, a small gasp falls from her lips as she opens the glass door to be met with a stunning newly furnished office. A white rug laid across the floor under a large dark mahogany rounded design desk. The wall behind the desk lined with dark built ins, a few books lining the shelves. She let out an excited yelp when she saw the amazing leather chair. She beamed as she looks around, not hearing the man leaned against the doorway.

"Do you like it?" A familiar smokey voice made her spin on her heel, smiling as she met his icy blue stare.

"Are you kidding? This is..." she closed her mouth, "there aren't words. Thank you." She skipped towards the desk and looked back up at him with a beaming smile. She bit her lip as she shimmied and leaned on the desk.
He felt flutters in his stomach, "she is nearly speechless?"

He watched her gazing around the room before looking into his icy stare with an excited nod.

"Then don't bail on lunch today, deal?" She felt warmth meet her cheeks as she nodded, he noticed the pink in her cheeks and smiled.

"See you at noon," he watched as she stared back at her new laptop, sea green eyes focusing immediately as she clicked away.

"Okay, this is going to be impossible," James barged into Steve's office with a brooding stare. Sam leaning back in his chair as Steve stood up concerned.
As their, normally calm and collected friend spiraled nervously, they attempted to hide their smirks.

"Already realizing the flaws in your plan, Boss?" Steve smirked as Sam stood and leaned on the desk to face his friend.
Tattood hands nervously run down his face before his icy stare settles with a glare at his blonde friend.
"Possibly."

"Just ask her out," Sam crossed his hands infront of him.
James dark eyebrows furrowed as he narrowed he stare at his friend, "that wouldn't be professional, might freak her out."
He ran his hands through his long raven hair, Sam looked at his friend more serious. "Buck, I don't think I've ever seen you like this. You just met her. Are you alright?"

Bucky snapped to stare at his friend, "yeah and she has no idea that she's already driving me crazy."

Sam and Steve share a look, "then test the waters. I've seen what happens when you flirt with a woman."
Steve chuckled and walked to open the door, shooing his friends out of his office, "be careful, we can't lose her."

Bucky scoffed, "we can't lose her," he mocked, "no shit Rogers, wasn't planning on it."

Down in her office, Poppy codes away on her computer. She sat perched in the oversized black leather chair, it was overstuffed and perfect as she sat with her bare legs propped under her bottom. She leaned on the desk as her little fingers danced along the keys. Her tongue anchoring her mouth at attention as she bit down with a furrowed focused brow.

She had been coding all morning, unaware of the time at all. White pearly teeth bite on her lip as she leaned closer to the screen. She is snapped from her wave of typing fury when a throat was cleared by the door. She smiled when she glanced up to see crystal like eyes staring at her.

"Ready for lunch, Red?" His lips spread to a smile as she hopped from her seat.
She scrunched her freckled nose. "I call Natasha red, my hair is orange...do with that what you will."

She nodded with a giggle as she walked past him, her green dress swaying against her legs and feet clicking below her. She didn't see the way he ran his tongue along his bottom lip at the sight of her, his gaze tracing her as she walked ahead of him down the hall.

They stood infront of the elevator, she glanced up at him. "So what's for lunch, Mr. Barnes?"
He shook his head as the dirty thoughts swam around, 'I have an idea what I'd like for lunch'

"Please, Poppy, call be Bucky or James. Mr. Barnes is a little formal. Don't you think Miss Ember?"

She nodded as she spun a loop of hair in her thin fingers. She didn't know but it drove him mad, watching her flick at her beautiful unforgettable hair. The elevator door opened and they both stepped in, the tension getting thicker in the enclosed space.

As the metal door closed she looked up at him, running her tongue along her bottom lip. He stared down at her, feeling the consuming thoughts of what he would love to do to her, how he could hold her thick red hair in his large hands and press her against the cool metal of the elevator.

She cleared her throat and he blinked, looking down into her sea green eyes, letting them pull him as she bit her lip nervously. She was really biting her lip to hold her tongue, trying to let the silence be. Only to gaze over at his arm and notice the rose that covered his handed twisted into intricate vines.

She ran her hand along his exposed right forearm softly, appreciating the intricate art, his skin sensitive under her delicate touch. Small pale hands danced along the black and white along his skin. "They're beautiful, James."

His body moved on its own as he softly touched her cheek, the tips of his fingers pressing into her fiery spiral locks. His thumb pulling at her bottom lip, releasing it from between her teeth, "you shouldn't bite those pretty lips."

His voice was low, his eyes grabbed her gaze as her lips opened, jaw falling ajar. She was shocked at the way his one small act sent her body into an unraveling, her breath hitching. She felt the heat rising inside her stomach as she crossed one leg over the other.

Her stare snaps up at him, surprised at his intimate touch. His hand dropping as the numbers ding above them. She drops her hand as she smirked up at him, turning to face forward. Poppy felt the blood rushing to her cheeks and ears. The light pink hue covering her cheeks and the tips of her ears.

Her mind started racing, she knew now he wanted her and she promised Nat she would make sure it wasn't easy for him. He was pure sex appeal, he had a darkness and a control that was alluring and completely unknown to the small curious girl with fiery orange hair.

The elevator doors opened and icy blue eyes watched as her tiny heeled boot covered feet carried her forward. She just needed to feel fresh air on her warmed skin.

He paced forward quickly, placing his hand on the small of her back, sending yet another overwhelming heatwave through her core.

"Lets take my car," he smiled as she looked up at him, only one side of her pouted pink lips in the upturn of a smile. She knew he would be difficult to fight urges with, but she straightened her posture. 'This guy is smooth, it's probably been so easy for him.' She thought as a smirk played on her lips.

The walk toward the parking garage was quiet, she was too overwhelmed with thoughts to let one slip from her tongue. He opened the door to a black '69 Chevelle ss, she smiled as she plopped down in the black leather passenger seat.

When he sat in the driver seat he didn't start the car, only looked at her, turning in his seat to face her.

"I want honesty, always. I don't even have to like the truth, but the people in my life know I can't handle lies."

A genuine smile spread across her face, "James, I don't lie for two reasons. I was lied to my entire life and I suck at it. You'll always get truth from me."
He nodded with a small chuckle, "you're valued for your talent. Sam already mentioned the success in the first round of your algorithm."

Her stomach growled, making her hands grab her gut and cringe. He started the car and pulled out towards the street, "let's feed that little monster." She chuckled, "sure as hell sounded like a little monster." She admired the view out the window while he glanced at his view in the passenger seat.

"Mr. Barnes, your table is ready," the brunette hostess smiled at the raven haired man with gauged ears as he nodded and placed his rose tattood hand on the small of her back. She couldn't help but let the butterflies flutter in her empty belly as he touched her, feeling the warmth of his touch through the fabric draped over her.

She sat down in the chair he pulled out and looked around, "this is a little fancy for a work lunch, Mr. Barnes. I don't really do fancy."

She narrowed her stare at him as he smirked and shook his head, "I have a habit of doing things I shouldn't, sounds like this girl I know." He joked as she shook her head.

The waitress smiled at them, "what can I get you to drink?"
Poppy smiled, "just a tea please."
He nodded, "same for me."

She looked at him with pinched eyebrows, "alright, what were you attempting to tell me back there?" She waved her hand in front of her as she asked.

He watched amused until her stare landed on him. He sat and stared in thought, for the first time in James Barnes life, he was unable to communicate plainly with a woman. She made him feel unsure, but he wanted to be exactly what she needed.

She tilted her head, licked her bottom lip as he tried to form an answer. She watched the way his forehead wrinkled in thought. She smirked and bit her lip, watching the way he shifted in his seat at the sight. Sea green eyes looked towards the waitress as she put down their tea.

"Now, what can we get you two to eat?" The kind hazel eyes of the waitress looked from Poppy and landed on James, his stare entirely stuck on the enchantress across from him.
Poppy smirked at the brunette, "I'll have a cheeseburger, French fries, with a side of onion rings. If you have cherry pie could I get a slice of that too?"

She spun her red curl in her index finger as an infectious smile spread across his light crimson lips.

"I'll have what she's having." James chuckled as Poppy raised an eyebrow and giggled. The waitress took their menus with a nod.

"So, you eat a lot for a little thing," he leans his head in his tattood hand as he rests his elbow on the table.

She chuckles, "I'm 5'1" but my personality is 6'2", plus food is one of the seven wonders of life." Her eyes widen before she shrugged and taps her fingers on the table.

"The seven wonders of life? Like the places in the world?"

She shook her head with a giggle, "no, James. The seven things in life that universally make people feel joy."
His eyes narrows, studying her as she spoke, so sure of herself. "So there are seven? Let's here 'em."

She nodded and took a drink, locking eyes with him. Lifting up her hands to count on her fingers. "One, food. Two, substances, yknow alcohol, drugs, smokes. Three, sex...duh. four, animals, everyone likes some form of not human...because humans are the worst almost always," she shrugged with a giggle. She had him obsessing as he bit his lip and watched her close her eyes to think.

"Five, love, friend, family, or otherwise. Six, the arts, music, movies, performance."

She nodded and looked back into his crystal gaze, "Seven, typically here I say adventure...but the truth is...I think the seventh is control. Seven is probably having autonomy over your own life."

She took in a deep breath and felt his stare, he couldnt form words for what she just said. He had never experienced anyone like Poppy, a smile feathered his lips.

She fidgetted in her seat, "your eyes, they make me nervous. I can't stop moving. I'm like a ball of anxiety."

He runs his tongue along his lips with a smirk. He watched her as sea green orbs glanced around the restaurant, avoiding his stare.

"That's an incredibly accurate explanation for the wonders of life, I'd say I have to agree."
She felt a calmness in his approval, she never ached for someone to agree with her like she did with James.

"So, back to the unanswered question," she leaned her chin on her palm.

"I was going to tell you that from the moment I saw you, I can't get you out of my mind," he leaned forward letting the words fall from his lips like the sweetest honey.
A flutter filled her stomach as he spoke, she quickly wrangled the butterflies and gave him a half smile.

"Sir, you just hired me," her brows laced together nervously as she bit her lip.

He let out a chuckle that cleared his throat, speaking in a low voice, keeping her gaze in his, "yeah. So you can understand my predicament."

She smirked, "James, as much as I would-" she locked eyes with him, "uhh James. Whatever it is you're offering."

She cleared her throat, feeling hot as he stared at her expectedly. The waitress rushed towards them with their food, scurrying away after the plates were settled.

Dainty fingers pick up an onion ring and take a bite with a smile, she looks back at the intense blue eyes that still stared at her, now more longing. Her body wiggled under his intense stare. He didn't have the strength to stop his eyes, he wasn't always a man of many words. Sam always told him he had a staring problem, but it's just his way of experiencing others.

"Mr. Barnes, let me finish my first project, the program is important and I need to focus. Whenever I finish, we can revisit this topic, until then..." she bit a French fry and bowed her head.

He lifted his burger to his mouth as he listened, nodding with a small frown on his lips.
"Until then what?" He pleaded with a goofy smirk and a full mouth.
She giggled and lifted her burger, "until then...enjoy the view."

The two ate while flirtatious staring the entire lunch, making their way back to their offices after only a few more bits of banter were exchanged. James rushed towards his friends office after she disappeared into her cave of an office to work.

"Steve, I'm so screwed," big tattood hands run through his raven hair as his friends hand scratched his beard.

"What's the damage, Buck?" He smirked and leaned forward in his brown leather chair.
Bucky huffed and plopped down across from him, "well I was just fascinated with her, now that she turned me down...I'd say it's full blown obsessed."

Steve laughed and called Sam into his office through his phone, "Sammy, I owe you three hundred, Bucks inlove and she turned him down!"
Bucky facepalmed, "shutup, Rogers." He looked out the window, "this has never happened before."

Steve smiled as he hung up the phone, "you met your match. She really turned you down?"
Bucky shook his head, "she said we could revisit the topic after she finishes her first project.

Steve chuckled, "now you put in the work."
Bucky's brows pinched together making his friend grab his chest with a dramatic laugh, "yes, put in the work...a thing us normal men have to do in order to score a date."

Sam rushed through the door, "umm that is easily a couple month project."

Steve let out a breathy laugh. Buckys face was brood, "two months? Fuck, She said enjoy the view."

Sam laughed loud with a clap and Steve only gave his friend a sympathetic look, "Buck, I wish you luck. The trouble with fire like that, she's clueless to the way she affects people even if she's burning them."
Bucky rolled his eyes, "she is going to be alot of work."

Steve smirked, "then its a good thing you own your own time. Now, get outta my office. I actually have to work, Sam I need all that paperwork as soon as possible." They all went into their own work.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 316 3
a collection of marvel character one-shots. fem!!reader!! warnings mature themes language some violent themes
65.6K 1.6K 25
โ–ถ๏ธŽ๐‘ฐ ๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’š ๐’–๐’‘ ๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•... ๐‘ป๐’†๐’๐’ ๐’Ž๐’š๐’”๐’†๐’๐’‡ ๐’Š'๐’Ž ๐’‚๐’๐’“๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•... ๐‘ฉ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’š, ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’“๐’† ๐’‹๐’–๐’”๐’• ๐’‰๐’‚๐’“๐’…๐’†๐’“ ๐’•๐’ ๐’”๐’†๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๏ฟฝ...
264K 6.1K 62
โ€ข James leaned in to her ear "you're trouble Celeste Song" he pulled back and looked at her dead in the eye. She picked up her glass and took a sip...
19.1K 698 34
This is the second volume of my Bucky Barnes stories. It will contain one shots and short multi-part stories. Stories with difficult topics will cont...